You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event

Comments

• SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    Nottingham's Nick Hicks turned professional a couple of years ago, and has been a stalwart of DTD since it opened

Nick is a studied and proficient cash and tournament player with an enviable temperament. You will never see him tilt

Nick's big result was at the ISPT at Wembley stadium last year 3rd for € 254,000!

• SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    Ryan Spittles made millions breeding racing pigeons and at his home in Buckinghamshire he spends his spare time nursing injured pigeons back to racing health

This, of course, is when he is not grinding online, playing live or appearing as an analyst on your telly box

Recently Ryan diversified his birds business into selling budgerigars and parrots to pet shops, and from there onto consumers. His contract with Pets at Home is so large that it is reputed he will be in the Sunday times rich list at the end of the year

Ryan lives alone. Smething to do with 37 bird cages in his bathroom

• edited August 2014

Loving the profiles Rich, great work.
  • SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    Jeff Hemmerman scored 78 goals in 257 league games in a ten-year career in the football league with Hull, Scunthorpe, Portsmouth, Cardiff and Port Vale between 1973-83

He retired with a serious knee injury

After retiring he trained as a physio and worked for Cardiff City before setting up his own rehabilitation clinic in Newport

It's a state of mind

• SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    Andrew Garland has told me the same bad beat story four times in the 24 hours I have been in Nottingham

• SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    Dealer of the day is Frederica from Italy

waiting for players, who we all sort of turn up soon!

• SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    Peter Munro, Ebberdon, the Sky Poker regular one of a few playing before 115 Sky Poker qualifiers descend on Nottingham tomorrow

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event:
    Andrew Garland has told me the same bad beat story four times in the 24 hours I have been in Nottingham  
    Posted by SPT
    You have got off lightly,  where did you hide for 21 hours and is there room for me and several friends?
  • edited August 2014
    Ryan Spittles made millions breeding racing pigeons and at his home in Buckinghamshire he spends his spare time nursing injured pigeons back to racing health This, of course, is when he is not grinding online, playing live or appearing as an analyst on your telly box Recently Ryan diversified his birds business into selling budgerigars and parrots to pet shops, and from there onto consumers. His contract with Pets at Home is so large that it is reputed he will be in the Sunday times rich list at the end of the year Ryan lives alone. Smething to do with 37 bird cages in his bathroom  
    Posted by SPT
    Just too good
  • SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    There is a football theme today

Steve Watts was a centre back for Leyton Orient and Shrewsbury and then a slew of southern non-league teams in the conference....

On retirement he turned to poker, successfully

Irish Open final table, WPT final table, WSOP final table, WPT Marbella winner......

• SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    ideal spot to steal then, for Greek Jack?

• SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    Another ex-footballer

David Greene, of Colchester United, Luton Town and the Republic of Ireland (tony cascarino style Republic of Ireland, once flew over Dublin, so was eligible)

now runs a limousine business (airports, corporates etc)

• SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    at least the t-shirt is clean today

• SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    Danny Toffel has been a fixture on the South London poker scene for a number of years

His business is Watches, retailing them online and now retail stores in Brighton and London

• SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    Son of a famous poker player

name the poker player, who has been on 861 in the last month, and the son...

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event : You have got off lightly,  where did you hide for 21 hours and is there room for me and several friends?
    Posted by TommyD
    pmsl!!!
  • edited August 2014
    Great Work Rich!!!
  • SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    We are in level 2, and today we have 68 runners

exactly the same as yesterday but is open til 9pm

we expect tomorrow to be rammed, but still, would like bigger numbers today to take some of the pressure off...
  • edited August 2014
    Son of a famous poker player name the poker player, who has been on 861 in the last month, and the son...
    Posted by SPT

Is it Paul Jackson's lad?

Name might be Peter or Ben.
  • SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker UKPC Six Max: The £500,000 GTD Main Event : Is it Paul Jackson's lad? Name might be Peter or Ben.
    Posted by MAXALLY

correct, Ben

your prize is a season ticket to Port Vale U21's.

Congratulations
  • edited August 2014

Some things you just can't explain....

Here's a tale from the Omaha yesterday, told to me a a very well-known poker pro.

Mr Pro was on a table with a chap who had played exactly THREE hands in 6 hours. (No, it was not me, I play less than that).

Mr TighterThanTikay pots it, under the gun. 

It gets round to Mr Pro in the BB, who has the Aces. He is playing about 35,000 @ 1,000-2,000 so he won't be folding on the flop.

It comes 8-8-6. 

Mr Pro moves all-in, Tighter ThanTikay says "call". 

His hand?

J-8-4-4

That caused a bit of head-scrathcing.

PLO, greatest game ever ever ever. But don't play it if you can't take a beat, it'll drive you nuts.  

• SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    Here is the Mad Norwegian in the Omaha which is currently playing down to a winner

A student from Oslo.

Fearless, but here all week and having great fun

• SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    Meanwhile, a more traditional presence in the later stages of an Omaha competition

Mr Trumper himself

• SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    Chaz Chattha has arrived

Chattha has been been playing poker professionally since 2006 and has collected over $1,000,000 in live tournament earnings capturing a GUKPT title & a WPT runner up finish along the way.

He was part of the "HitSquad" with Akenhead, Mahrenholz, Banzi and his brother Sunny and indeed met Akenhead before he began playing poker, when they both played competitive pool around clubs...

Chaz is a smashing bloke, unfailingly polite and a tremendous player. He finalled the first UKPC where unfortunately he was completely card and spot dead on the final

m

• SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    Derek Kavanagh, universally known as Kav, from Blackpool

Recently recovered from a serious illness, I believe. One of life's bon viveur's....

• SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    There is only one winner of outfit of the day

Caicau Huang is from Hong Kong and she won a DTD Deepstack a while ago

In following roughly 50 events in which she has played, i have never heard her speak, either in conversation ro to raise/call/fold etc

• SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    A new table has opened up and on it are Sinem Melin and Alex Goulder

• SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    Also, here being mentored by some fella who walked in and started chatting to him, is David "Le Knave" Jones, a young pro from Leeds

• SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    He's Mad

He's Turkish

Can't quite remember the nickname

• SPTSPT
    edited August 2014
    Masseuse time

this is Irish Charlie

She's Irish, she's called...you get the picture

Her colleague Helen is a bit shy, she's hiding behind

but not for long