You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Worth a big blind?

Comments

• edited May 2010
    Seems my not being able to make up my mind on the PO final today was a good thing.

Had 2 winners with Chopra 1st goal @ 9/2 & Blackpool to come from behind & win @ 12/1
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind?:
    Nice one mate, ive had 1 winner so far 2 horse to go £5ew on a 12/1 winner cant compalin as i only picked them form there starting draw. had a few bets at lingfield tonight, pciked theeese properly 5.20 - Manasha 13/2 £20 5.55 - lastkingofscottland 4/1 £20 6.25 - Aurilo 15/8 £20 6.55 - Brave talk 11/1 £10ew 7.30 - Break Heart 15/2 £20 8.00 - Peacful menas 33/1 £5ew 8.30 - Durbenville 6/1 £20
    Posted by 35suited
    Well only 2 winners last night but nice little winners they were £130 layed out £310 back
  • edited May 2010
    Seems my not being able to make up my mind on the PO final today was a good thing. Had 2 winners with Chopra 1st goal @ 9/2 & Blackpool to come from behind & win @ 12/1
    Posted by silentbob
    nice one, well done
  • edited May 2010

Well not used to being able to read and think on a sunday morning, but today is different. With the domestic twenty20 season starting soon, and after the success of England in the world cup, thought Id have a detailed look through the squads and pick out some names to look out for.

There are no "leading run scorer" markets up yet, not too sure why, but here are some names that will be less well known to most, and will be a bigger price when the market eventually goes up.

Tried to avoid the big overseas stars, however the top one is a South African - who can hit it miles.

Loots Bosman - Derby - The problem here is his team, not the strongest, so to be leading competition run scorer his mates will need to pull their socks up.

Ben Stokes - Durham - Watched a 4 day match last week, and saw him play 2 unbelievable innings for Durham, who are likely to be amongst the favourites for the competiton.

Dawid Malan - Middlesex - HaD a quiet season last year after coming onto the scene with a bang. Feel he is experienced enough now to make his mark on the competition.

Rob White - Northants - Again, a player Ive loved watching for years and always expected him to go on to better things. Maybe this is his year, and he will be a BIG Price.

Alex Hales - Notts - Now this is my man!! Star bet, got all the shots in the book, power, fearless, and bats high in the order for probably the best team in the country. Get on him!!

Chris Nash - Sussex - Opens for Sussex, who ALWAYS make finals day. Explosive player, and will get plenty of chances to impress. 

Neil Carter - Warwickshire - This is one out of left field, - a bowler mainly, but opens and gets free license to thrill everytime, no responsibility to hanG around or play for the team, just smash bang wallop and should be a huge price.

The banker as always for me is Marcus Trescothick....opens for Somerset who always do well in 20/20 - and bats on the best cricket wicket in the world probably. Feel his team is weaker this year, and may struggle to progress past the first stage - so the above names may be worth a few quid!

Will have a look at the bowlers/outright markets later.

Looking forward to it now, starts June 1st! Don't hold out much hope for my team Yorkshire, but after the great start we've made, you never know!

With the world cup starting soon, promises to be a great couple of months of sport!! - Also someone told me the other day that the Ryder Cup starts this summer in Wales??? Prbably my favourite sporting event to watch. Anyone know when its on??

GL, DOHH
  • edited May 2010
    Cheers for this dohh, know very little about 2020 but do love watching it so will look out for all the names you mentioned.

Ryder cup is a while yet mate starts 1st October

GAreth
  • edited May 2010
    Well not used to being able to read and think on a sunday morning, but today is different. With the domestic twenty20 season starting soon, and after the success of England in the world cup, thought Id have a detailed look through the squads and pick out some names to look out for. There are no "leading run scorer" markets up yet, not too sure why, but here are some names that will be less well known to most, and will be a bigger price when the market eventually goes up. Tried to avoid the big overseas stars, however the top one is a South African - who can hit it miles. Loots Bosman - Derby - The problem here is his team, not the strongest, so to be leading competition run scorer his mates will need to pull their socks up. Ben Stokes - Durham - Watched a 4 day match last week, and saw him play 2 unbelievable innings for Durham, who are likely to be amongst the favourites for the competiton. Dawid Malan - Middlesex - HaD a quiet season last year after coming onto the scene with a bang. Feel he is experienced enough now to make his mark on the competition. Rob White - Northants - Again, a player Ive loved watching for years and always expected him to go on to better things. Maybe this is his year, and he will be a BIG Price. Alex Hales - Notts - Now this is my man!! Star bet, got all the shots in the book, power, fearless, and bats high in the order for probably the best team in the country. Get on him!! Chris Nash - Sussex - Opens for Sussex, who ALWAYS make finals day. Explosive player, and will get plenty of chances to impress.  Neil Carte r - Warwickshire - This is one out of left field, - a bowler mainly, but opens and gets free license to thrill everytime, no responsibility to hanG around or play for the team, just smash bang wallop and should be a huge price. The banker as always for me is Marcus Trescothick....opens for Somerset who always do well in 20/20 - and bats on the best cricket wicket in the world probably. Feel his team is weaker this year, and may struggle to progress past the first stage - so the above names may be worth a few quid! Will have a look at the bowlers/outright markets later. Looking forward to it now, starts June 1st! Don't hold out much hope for my team Yorkshire, but after the great start we've made, you never know! With the world cup starting soon, promises to be a great couple of months of sport!! - Also someone told me the other day that the Ryder Cup starts this summer in Wales??? Prbably my favourite sporting event to watch. Anyone know when its on?? GL, DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    ryder cup starts last weekend sept or first weekend oct, cant remember which
  • edited May 2010
    1st october

ryder cup is the best three days golf you will ever get.
  • edited May 2010
    SHADOWTIME  6.55 THIRSK GL
  • edited May 2010
    SHADOWTIME  6.55 THIRSK GL
    Posted by LENGALENG
    this a good tip mate or just wot u think nice 1 gl
  • edited May 2010

5/2 from 9/2 .... got abit on it, ty leng
  • edited May 2010
    Urghh ive gone against it £20 on night lily 6/1
  • edited May 2010
    Urghh ive gone against it £20 on night lily 6/1
    Posted by 35suited
    I know you guys are gutted but im delighted whoop whoop lol sorry
  • edited May 2010
    Had a tenner on carrick first goal england to win 3-0 100/1!!!
  • edited May 2010
    sorry guys/girls...nice one 35suited. i've got 1 more if you want it,with a bit of each way value

• edited May 2010
    sorry guys/girls...nice one 35suited. i've got 1 more if you want it,with a bit of each way value
    Posted by LENGALENG
    go for it, ill probably bet this one
  • edited May 2010
    PISTE 8.55 THIRSK GL
  • edited May 2010
    Thanks had a tenner each way at 10/1 even tho i fancy revue princess at 13/2 but will go with you this time :)
  • edited May 2010
    please don't shoot the messanger 35 iuf this one fails
  • edited May 2010

Jeez sum1 must be backing these Leng!!

On it again forgot about the last one, missed the commentary :(
  • edited May 2010
    had one last monday  , russian rock.......20/1 i got on it in the morning ,it won at 13/2
    didn't get  chance to post it up though gutted
  • edited May 2010
    please don't shoot the messanger 35 iuf this one fails
    Posted by LENGALENG
    ill only shoot you should the one i fancy go on to win :)
  • edited May 2010

Huntingdon the place to be tonight, heres my selections

6.20 - Casual Style 4/1 £20
    6.50 - Gunship 7/2 £20
    7.20 - Noble Request 10/11            £40
    7.50 - Roodolph 4/5                          Double
    8.20 - Celestial Dragon 11/1 £10ew
    8.50 - King Raven 11/2 £20      

• edited May 2010

Nice one Gareth, old mans on the blower to sky right now to get ATR back

Hopefully they can do it immediately.

When you have a double, is it just like having a single, then putting the winnings straight on the next bet?

Or do u get better than that? eg £10 double.

3/1 wins, you have £40 going on the next horse which is evens, wins, you get £80 bak?

seems pointless might as well have 2 singles?
  • edited May 2010
    say both horses are even money and you have a £20 double, the first wins so then you have £40 on the 2nd to win £80.  If you were to have 2 singles you would have to lay £40 outto try and win £80 back rather than the £20 if you do the double.

Not sure i understood your question to be honest im sure you know what ive just said

Oh and this isnt on atr by the way, only 1 meeting on that and didnt really like the look of it
  • edited May 2010
    Well the first was a donkey, for what its worth if id bet on atr the meeting is hexam and id probably have gone for every favourite...hence the reason ive not bet there
  • edited May 2010
    well hope you dfidnt get on tongiht doh total shi te mate, one winner but that was in teh double other came 2nd, 80 on flying doctor in the last at hexham to get moeny back @ 7/4
  • edited May 2010
    any worth while tips for tomorrow, had a few half way ones for ayr tomorrow nothing with any worthwhile staking.
  • edited May 2010
    just been giving two tips for 2day the first is
    Lexi's Hero in the 2 20 ayr 4/1
    Kings Bayonet  in the 5.00 wolverhampton 7/2
    had 200 each and 100 double gl all
  • edited May 2010
    cheers m8, had £50 on each myself
  • edited May 2010
    pls shoot whoever gave you those tips :)