You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Worth a big blind?

Comments

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind?:
    Loots Bosman - 25/1 all round (disappointed with that thought it would be alot bigger)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Smashed 94 off 50 balls last night against my team - Yorkshire lol

U picking any out for the 5 live BBC races today Gareth?
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind? : Smashed 94 off 50 balls last night against my team - Yorkshire lol U picking any out for the 5 live BBC races today Gareth?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    I didnt relaise there was any on m8, will have a look shortly but wont be able to get back till around 12 to post them
  • edited June 2010
    I looked for newmarket on channel 4 earlier didnt think to look at the bbc, only had a small dabble today saving myself for tomorrow, ive been to epsom the last 3 derbys gutted im not gonig tomorrow, just couldnt afford it as i like to have proper bets when i go.

1.40 - Bushman 10/1 £5ew
    2.10 - Mull of Kilklough 17/2 £5ew
    2.45 - Jukebox Jury 12/1 £5ew (fav should win this but 11/10)
    3.25 - Tarton Gunna 11/2 £10
    4.05 - Ive got aviate in my double its 6/1jf also gone for Meeznah 33/1 £5ew

Good Luck
  • edited June 2010

Nice one Garth - £4k from 7.50 with 4 winners!!!

• edited June 2010

Get in!!! The ticker was going there.

Got my £7.50's worth in one race!!! Nice work 35!!!
  • edited June 2010
    Well that was a good start :)
  • edited June 2010
    Get in!!! The ticker was going there. Got my £7.50's worth in one race!!! Nice work 35!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Thanks, yeah thoguht he was gonig to get caught but held on well, both have our money back already so thats good lets hope for a few more tho
  • edited June 2010

2 out of 2 - im getting super excited here.

I know u didnt put that one up, but i backed it, honest....

I have jukebox jury, and tartan gunna left....

if you can pu a double off there Gareth, Ive won 4 thousand pounds!!

SelectionsTime of bet:  04/06/2010 12:29:52 Event DateEventSelectionsOddsE/W TermsResult104/06/20101.40 Epsom Downs
    (Win and Each Way)
    Live Stream Bushman11/13 Places
    1/4 OddsWon Best Odds applied, price updated to SP.204/06/20102.10 Epsom Downs
    (Win and Each Way)
    Live Stream Tartan Gigha6/13 Places
    1/4 OddsTo Run304/06/20102.45 Epsom Downs
    (Win and Each Way)
    Live Stream Jukebox Jury12/13 Places
    1/4 OddsTo Run404/06/20103.25 Epsom Downs
    (Win and Each Way)
    Live Stream Tartan Gunna5/13 Places
    1/4 OddsTo Run
  • edited June 2010

that didnt work properly...

Date/TimeBet Details (Click selection for full details)StakeReturn04/06/2010 12:29:52Bushman  @ 11/1
    Tartan Gigha  @ 6/1
    Jukebox Jury  @ 12/1
    Tartan Gunna  @ 5/1
    Lucky 15, 15 bets * £0.5

2 MORE!!!!
  • edited June 2010
    well done m8, the horse i backed finished 5th in the end, finsiehd like a train jockey just gave it to much to do.

I think tartan gunna will win for you, jukebox jury will be hard expect the fav to be odds on but will keep me fingers crossed for ya
  • edited June 2010
    sorry m8 it was a 1 legged donkey, did say the fav would win but werent backing it at those prices
  • edited June 2010

At least it got up the front and had a good shot at it.

Typed the odds into the bet calculator on gg.com, if the last one wins, I will still win £363.....

As it stands, im garnteed a £51 return.

so this next race is worth £310 to me.....

• edited June 2010
    At least it got up the front and had a good shot at it. Typed the odds into the bet calculator on gg.com, if the last one wins, I will still win £363..... As it stands, im garnteed a £51 return. so this next race is worth £310 to me.....
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    its been backed into 4/1f now so its certianly fancied
  • edited June 2010
    well thats me not playing poker tonight, really fancied that and put everything i had in my account on it, even deregistered from the take on tikay tournament to get an extra £5.50 on it.  Wasnt in the race at all why it was so well fancied i have no idea
  • edited June 2010

yeh I got excited too early again, I always do that and end up disappointed. No beer today so will be well up for some gambling tomorrow.

Nice work with the 11/1 today 35 - made my bet, and gave me a top afternoons entertainment!

More of the same tomora - on bbc 1 and ch 4 :):):)
  • edited June 2010
    thats the problem when you have a good start you always end up dissapointed, if the 11/1 shot came in last race you'd be feeling great now.

Id planned on ahving soem decent bets tomorrow totally forgetting its my nieces birthday and im at a aprty most of the afternoon.  Will still have sum bets will just be smaller ones like today as i wont get to see them run, will post them in the morning
  • edited June 2010
    you must have had a bet in the next race as its the big one fo the day who you had?
  • edited June 2010
    Oh I havent - forgot all about the last race id put the cricket on.

Will go with urs again, few quid on aviate

edit - it was 6/1 when u put it up - only 4/1 now, thats too low for the sort of money I put on, so gone for -RAMOOSH - dodgy spelling at 7/1
  • edited June 2010
    I looked for newmarket on channel 4 earlier didnt think to look at the bbc, only had a small dabble today saving myself for tomorrow, ive been to epsom the last 3 derbys gutted im not gonig tomorrow, just couldnt afford it as i like to have proper bets when i go. 1.40 - Bushman 10/1 £5ew 2.10 - Mull of Kilklough 17/2 £5ew 2.45 - Jukebox Jury 12/1 £5ew (fav should win this but 11/10) 3.25 - Tarton Gunna 11/2 £10 4.05 - Ive got aviate in my double its 6/1jf also gone for Meeznah 33/1 £5ew Good Luck
    Posted by 35suited
    Bet you wish i hadnt reminded you now, on a little better now this came 2nd almost won it :( surprised you didnt go for the bigger priced horse

edit - oh i see you didnt back it now, but still surprised u didnt back a 33/1 shot i know you like ur outsiders
  • edited June 2010
    Geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz theres lots of races to lose your money on today, here goes.

Epsom - bbc

1.40 - Paintball - 28/1
    2.10 - Dubawi Gold 4/1
    2.40 - Aspecoflove - 8/1
    3.15 - City Dancer - 16/1
    4.00 - Al Zir - Ive backed at 25/1 but best price now 16/1

Last 2 from epsom non tv races

4.45 - Recession Proof - 20/1
    5.20 - fol Hollows 12/1

To be honest mate im not confident about any of thesse including the 4/1 shot you'd probably be better off just picking your own.

Musselburgh - CH 4

2.05 - The Bear 14/1
    2.35 - oneladyowenr 11/1 (fav shud win odds on)
    3.10 - Corsica - 9/1

Again not very confident

Doncaster - CH 4

2.20 - Watch Amigo - 7/2
    2.50 - Haatheq - 7/4
    3.25 - Wigmore Hall 6/4

ZZZzzzZZZ all favourites here just cant see past them.

Good Luck with whatever you choose to back

Gareth
  • edited June 2010

Okay, before even looking at this thread this morning, Ive read the racing bit in the mirror, watched the morning line, and put 2 bets of my own on!

2 x lucky 15, one for BBC and one for CH 4. Will read up and have a 3rd bet on the prices I like best (hopefully I've got a few the same as 35)

K here goes...

• edited June 2010

Hmmmmm 1 the same...and its a favourite! lol

Ok, 35's picks....im gonna go with an e/w L15 on...

2.40 - Aspecoflove - 8/1
    3.15 - City Dancer - 16/1
    2.05 - The Bear 14/1 - replaced, RIDLEY DIDDLEY - 6/1
    4.00 - AL Zir

GL all today IS the day !!!!!!

Edit - the bear is a non runner! grrr

Spotted this name, and can't ignore it, thing it's Brilliant - "RIDLEY DIDDLEY" - 6/1 lol
  • edited June 2010
    1.40 ARLEQUIN E.W
    2.10 APPROVE E.W
    2.40 ANTARA
    3.15 OLD JOE SAID E.W
    4.00 BULLET TRAIN E.W

ALL AT EPSOM
  • edited June 2010

have done these as an e/w Patent

1. 4.45 Epsom Downs
    2. Recession Proof @ 11/1
    3. 4.00 Epsom Downs- Investec Derby
    4. Al Zir @ 16/1
    5. 3.15 Epsom Downs
    6. Rocket Rob @ 12/1
  • edited June 2010
    I know nowt about racing but I've had a dabble on the Derby........

Workforce @ £20 to win and a £5 e/w bet on Bullet Train

Disclaimer - Do NOT back these horses ...... I'm the kiss of death.
  • edited June 2010
    I know nowt about racing but I've had a dabble on the Derby........ Workforce @ £20 to win and a £5 e/w bet on Bullet Train Disclaimer - Do NOT back these horses ...... I'm the kiss of death.
    Posted by elsadog

Whoops!   1st and last ....... I'll settle for that  :o)
  • edited June 2010

You watch the cricket last night 35?

Great start for Notts - they look auwsome on paper and if they keep playing like that, they're a cert for finals day.

Hales also scored 60+ not out - great start for him, hope he keeps it up.

My bet on the footy today is for a draw double!

• edited June 2010
    kinsya 2.50 york
  • edited June 2010
    You watch the cricket last night 35? Great start for Notts - they look auwsome on paper and if they keep playing like that, they're a cert for finals day. Hales also scored 60+ not out - great start for him, hope he keeps it up. My bet on the footy today is for a draw double!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    No I missed it mate, well to be honest didnt even relaise they were playing, glad they got odf to a good start tho when do they play next willmake sure i watch it.

gunna sort my footy bet out shorty will have an acca over a few group games for today tho think mexico and fance will both win
  • edited June 2010
    kinsya 2.50 york
    Posted by nelson301
    urghhh horrid form, is this something u fancy or a tip you got from somewhere?