You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Worth a big blind?

Comments

• edited May 2010
    anthything for tonight gareth?
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind?:
    pls shoot whoever gave you those tips :)
    Posted by 35suited
    sorry bout that mate when the 1st lost i doubled the other 1 gutted henri cecil had two horses he gives me the one that loses while the other won 11/1
  • edited May 2010
    just had a bet now to chase me money had 500 on Jeunesse Doree  6/5 and 500 on Wizards Dust  6/4
    if they lose im down 1700 need to win any tips
  • edited May 2010
    where do you bet flushando?

• edited May 2010
    where do you bet flushando?
    Posted by LENGALENG
    mainly on here mate but i have just had 2k on fallons horse which lost so i have just phoned up and cancelled my account as from 2day lost over 30k this week so gl all
  • edited May 2010
    30k u serious??? what do you do for a day job??
  • edited May 2010
    30k u serious??? what do you do for a day job??
    Posted by LENGALENG
    lengaleng its flush on me gf account i have banned mine so i cant go on it any more wont let me sign in mate ha
    i own me own company well in wasnt 30k it was 28400 still sick dont u think so gl mate c u in 6 months
  • edited May 2010
    are you about gareth??
  • edited May 2010
    got 2 for tonight if you want them
  • edited May 2010
    Post them mate, im off out soon could do with some cash for tonight !
  • edited May 2010
    yeah post them pls ill back um
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind? : lengaleng its flush on me gf account i have banned mine so i cant go on it any more wont let me sign in mate ha i own me own company well in wasnt 30k it was 28400 still sick dont u think so gl mate c u in 6 months
    Posted by sarahando
    Sh!t sorry to hear that mate, good one on banning yourself, just stay away from other sites, hopfully see you in 6 months then and thanks for the tips youve given
  • edited May 2010
    LUCAYAN DANCER 5.5O NEW

DALHAAN 8.10 HAY      GL
  • edited May 2010
    cheers m8 just quickly had a 10ew at 12/1 on lucayan dancer will go check the other now
  • edited May 2010

Urghh dont know what to do about the 2nd tip because ive backed the favourite in the race kazbow on its last 2 starts, if i go against it its bound to win

• edited May 2010

Dohhh im told nottinghamshire have a good chance of winning the 2020 @ 14/1 what do u reckon?

• edited May 2010
    cheers m8 just quickly had a 10ew at 12/1 on lucayan dancer will go check the other now
    Posted by 35suited
    awww man beaten by a short head!!!! by another 12/1 shot, this horse was well backed good tip thank you.
  • edited May 2010
    Yeh Gareth when I was previewing the batsmen, I said Nottinghamshire are probably the strongest team in the competition on paper.

Also, my bet for top batsmen, Hayles, plays for them.

Problem is they have loadsssss of internationals, so their team will be changing alot, but thats a good price and worth a tenner yea. 

Not had a racing bet since last Sat, so looking forward to watching some tomorrow - get ya bets on here b4 1pm!! :-)
  • edited May 2010
    lucayan dancer got awarded the race gareth after a stewards.......happy days
  • edited May 2010
    lucayan dancer got awarded the race gareth after a stewards.......happy days
    Posted by LENGALENG
    just saw this fantastic, thank you didnt bet your other tip becasue as i said vie backed the fav the last 2 races so backed it again and it won :)

thanks again for the tips good job
  • edited May 2010
    Yeh Gareth when I was previewing the batsmen, I said Nottinghamshire are probably the strongest team in the competition on paper. Also, my bet for top batsmen, Hayles, plays for them. Problem is they have loadsssss of internationals, so their team will be changing alot, but thats a good price and worth a tenner yea.  Not had a racing bet since last Sat, so looking forward to watching some tomorrow - get ya bets on here b4 1pm!! :-)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    sorry just re-read your original post and saw that you had mentioned them as well, will  have a bet on them tomorrow
  • edited May 2010
    Ok here we go, the last couple of saturdays aint been to good so hoping for better results today.

Newmarket

2.15 - Green Moon 11/4 £20
    2.45 - Ransom Note 9/2 £20
    3.20 - Take Ten 12/1 £10ew

Haydock

2.00 - Rose Blossom 10/3 £20
    2.30 - Angels pursuit 11/2 £20
    3.00 - Rosika 7/1 £10ew
    3.30 - Main Aim 11/4 £20

Good Luck All
  • edited May 2010
    Also had a small bet on teh footy today only a fiver at 23/1

Millwall 11/10
    North Korea 11/10
    Ukraine 10/11
    Turkey 15/8
  • edited May 2010
    K had a go on Gareths, and picked 2 of my own to make 2 bets.
    1Main Aim    @ 9/4

2Ransom Note    @ 9/2

3Gene Autry    @ 9/1

4Barshiba    @ 7/2
    GL all !!! - If Doncaster Rover wins, again, i'll cwy !
  • edited May 2010
    Well it was £140 layed out

Newmarket

2.15 - Green Moon 11/4 £20 won £75
    2.45 - Ransom Note 9/2 £20 2nd :(
    3.20 - Take Ten 12/1 £10ew Donkey

Haydock

2.00 - Rose Blossom 10/3 £20 2nd @ 5/1 :(
    2.30 - Angels pursuit 11/2 £20 Donkey
    3.00 - Rosika 7/1 £10ew  3rd won £27.50
    3.30 - Main Aim 11/4 £20 Won £75

So a small profit with £177.50 back could have been so muhc better tho
  • edited May 2010
    Well not used to being able to read and think on a sunday morning, but today is different. With the domestic twenty20 season starting soon, and after the success of England in the world cup, thought Id have a detailed look through the squads and pick out some names to look out for. There are no "leading run scorer" markets up yet, not too sure why, but here are some names that will be less well known to most, and will be a bigger price when the market eventually goes up. Tried to avoid the big overseas stars, however the top one is a South African - who can hit it miles. Loots Bosman - Derby - The problem here is his team, not the strongest, so to be leading competition run scorer his mates will need to pull their socks up. Ben Stokes - Durham - Watched a 4 day match last week, and saw him play 2 unbelievable innings for Durham, who are likely to be amongst the favourites for the competiton. Dawid Malan - Middlesex - HaD a quiet season last year after coming onto the scene with a bang. Feel he is experienced enough now to make his mark on the competition. Rob White - Northants - Again, a player Ive loved watching for years and always expected him to go on to better things. Maybe this is his year, and he will be a BIG Price. Alex Hales - Notts - Now this is my man!! Star bet, got all the shots in the book, power, fearless, and bats high in the order for probably the best team in the country. Get on him!! Chris Nash - Sussex - Opens for Sussex, who ALWAYS make finals day. Explosive player, and will get plenty of chances to impress.  Neil Carte r - Warwickshire - This is one out of left field, - a bowler mainly, but opens and gets free license to thrill everytime, no responsibility to hanG around or play for the team, just smash bang wallop and should be a huge price. The banker as always for me is Marcus Trescothick....opens for Somerset who always do well in 20/20 - and bats on the best cricket wicket in the world probably. Feel his team is weaker this year, and may struggle to progress past the first stage - so the above names may be worth a few quid! Will have a look at the bowlers/outright markets later. Looking forward to it now, starts June 1st! Don't hold out much hope for my team Yorkshire, but after the great start we've made, you never know! With the world cup starting soon, promises to be a great couple of months of sport!! - Also someone told me the other day that the Ryder Cup starts this summer in Wales??? Prbably my favourite sporting event to watch. Anyone know when its on?? GL, DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Okay, the prices are finally up for the top batsmen - this might be one for the oddschecker.com thing coz i got 3 betting sites up and the odds are alot different on each one.

Dawid Malan - 100/1 with sky

Alex Hayles - 66/1 with william hills

Neil Carter - 100/1 with sky

Rob White - 80/1 with sky

Loots Bosman - 25/1 all round (disappointed with that thought it would be alot bigger)

Ed Joyce 75/1 and Keiswetter 33/1 caught my eye too but ill stick with initial picks.

There are no prices available for Ben Stokes or Chris Nash, which suggests they are probably higher than 100/1 right? - if so, Chris Nash must be the outside bet of the decade....

How do I go about getting a price for him will I have to ring up?

Btw, the comp starts tomorrow, and the ew pays 1/4 odds for top 5......
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: Worth a big blind? : Okay, the prices are finally up for the top batsmen - this might be one for the oddschecker.com thing coz i got 3 betting sites up and the odds are alot different on each one. Dawid Malan - 100/1 with sky Alex Hayles - 66/1 with william hills Neil Carter - 100/1 with sky Rob White - 80/1 with sky Loots Bosman - 25/1 all round (disappointed with that thought it would be alot bigger) Ed Joyce 75/1 and Keiswetter 33/1 caught my eye too but ill stick with initial picks. There are no prices available for Ben Stokes or Chris Nash, which suggests they are probably higher than 100/1 right? - if so, Chris Nash must be the outside bet of the decade.... How do I go about getting a price for him will I have to ring up? Btw, the comp starts tomorrow, and the ew pays 1/4 odds for top 5......
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    not many bookies seem to have odds on this yet, out of all the odds you posted they are all best odds except bosman where u can get 28/1....cant find any odds on stokes or nash either.

Out on the beer this afternoon will have a look later when i get in and will probably have a bet on all that u mentioned
  • edited May 2010

You guys probably use this already?

I'll post it anyway...just in case it's of use!

http://www.oddschecker.com/cricket/domestic/twenty20-cup/top-batsman

• edited June 2010
    Got a good bet for you in the test match on friday :

England v's Bangladesh

G.Swann at 11/4 Englands top wicket taker in the match !

Got this from a very good sauce.

The 2 reasons are :

The pitch always suits spin at OT + going to be a scorching weekend, which means the seamers wont be able to bowl long spells and the pitch will get very dry by weekend (Swann is guaranteed to bowl alot more overs than anyone else) !!

This should be a 6/4 shot so very good value, FILL YOU BOOTS .
  • edited June 2010
    Been given a tip today by a mate who works for corals, hes been given it by a punter who knows someone who works for the stable, anyway its nothing fancy but 2.00pm wolverhampton Ten Down currently 7/2

A horse I fancy in the oaks today is Aviate and you can currnetly get 6/1, ive put the 2 horses in a nice double.

Going to take a look at swann now goody, i backed him in the 2020 a couple of times to be top wicket taker with no joy

Gareth