You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

KingBowl - An attempt to become a full-time pro

Comments

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: KingBowl - An attempt to become a full-time pro:
    You must be off your rocker, Mr Bowl, daftest thing I've ever heard. And if I were your age, & had the skillset, I'd prolly do exactly the same as you. ;) Good luck fella.
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks Tikay, enjoying tonights show as always :)

• edited February 2015
    I too am a final year economics student so best of luck, in terms of training and perfecting your game what resources are you using apart from your backer? I was tempted to take a year out aswell but reckon a grad job is the lower variance choice, good luck
    Posted by JJJOHNSON

Apart from my coaching I have a membership with runitonce.com , and note down hands that I felt unsure over, then review them after the session. In addition to that whenever I am with poker friends all we do is discuss spots haha. Cheers :)

Good luck mate,hope you achieve all your dreams but 1 Posted by Kadoom

Thanks!

Are you from York, or are you just studying here? Or are you really from Selby, but don't want to admit it so lump yourself in with us Yorkies? ;) Posted by hhyft

I'm just studying in York haha, actually from Manchester.

best of luck btw king bowl. your results so far suggest it will be tough for you to all of a sudden make £20k+ in 2015 but the quality of your coaching and your aptitude to apply new knowledge will play a big part in your results im sure. will try to keep up with your progress. ill give you a piece of advice to get you off on the right foot, whenever you face an action from ajs just make your decisions based on what you would exppect an overly tight player to do in 2005 :P Posted by nmipeis

Thanks man, solid advice :)

Anyway good luck Mr Bowl Posted by Hendrik

Good morning KingBowl. Good luck with your quest, hope to see you final table the main event in Las Vegas. As a father my advice to you is enjoy yourself, and when you make money out of poker invest it in property. All the best. Rainman397. p.s has anyone mentioned the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack yet. Posted by rainman397

Haha that's the dream! Thanks for the advice and kind words, good luck to yourself too 

Best of luck to you... I was in a similar position to you 12 months ago although i never went to uni, i did put a semi decent career on hold to have a crack at going pro, so far so good...  if you ever need any help/advice feel free to drop me a pm. my main advice to you would be to nail down solid bankroll management first of all. also never take things for granted when its going well and never give up hope when things are going bad. Posted by Jordz16

Hi, great to hear things are working out for you. Thanks for the offer I might do that sometime soon :) 
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: KingBowl - An attempt to become a full-time pro : And how much do you need for that geldy?
    Posted by Donttelmum
    hi DTM, or should we say Neo.
    Lots is all i can say
    but can't argue with you
  • edited April 2015
    Update:

19/02/15: 1hr +£735.23

Didn't have much time to play today, been at University all day, however there was an extremely good 400NL game running this evening, managed to get a quick session in :)

First withdrawal of £986.58, which I get half of due to the backing agreement. Good start towards my goal of 5K

Total Profit: £493.29/£5000.00
  • edited February 2015
    Update: 19/02/15: 1hr +£735.23 Didn't have much time to play today, been at University all day, however there was an extremely good 400NL game running this evening, managed to get a quick (and very profitable) session in :) First withdrawal of £986.58, which I get half of due to the backing agreement. Good start towards my goal of 5K Total Profit: £493.29/£5000.00
    Posted by KingBowl
    Quality start Kingbowl. Does your backer like to cashout weekly?
    I stake my friend at low stakes but we do it a end of month.
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: KingBowl - An attempt to become a full-time pro : Quality start Kingbowl. Does your backer like to cashout weekly? I stake my friend at low stakes but we do it a end of month.
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Hey Timmy we cash out every twenty hours of play given that I'm in profit ofc 
  • edited February 2015

How did you arrive at your screen-name, "KingBowl", any particular reason?
  • edited February 2015
    How did you arrive at your screen-name, "KingBowl", any particular reason?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Haha, well bowl is just a playful insult me and my other poker friends use on each other so thought I'd go with kingbowl ...
  • edited February 2015
    Update:

20/02/15: 2hrs +£91.42

Not had much time to play today due to the fact I have an essay to finish.. Booked a coaching session for later this evening which will be fun then going for drinks so won't have anymore time to play I don't think.

Graph: 

• edited February 2015
    Hey KingBowl, I wish you all the best!!
    You don't know unless you try, right?!
    Massive GL from me :) 
  • edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: KingBowl - An attempt to become a full-time pro : Giving advice about coaching/backing, thought that was obvious.
    Posted by ajs4385
    i totally agree with ajs on this one.
    firstly i know nothing about your game /ability kingbowl.
    but i can see your straight in at the higher level cash games,which i think(could be wrong)
    is a bit niave on your part. there are very few mugs at these levels,on ANY site.
    if youve had a good winning session,i would ditch the backer scenario,and use that money to 
    multi-table at the lower levels.
    Beleive me,i know varience in poker is evil,and bad runs can last for months.something,judging by your age,
    you may not yet have expereienced.And it happens to players of all abilities.
    Anyway,hope all goes well
  • edited February 2015
    Hey KingBowl, I wish you all the best!! You don't know unless you try, right?! Massive GL from me :) 
    Posted by mrsduck

Hi mrsduck, you're right aha, thanks a lot for the support , good luck to yourself too :)

• edited February 2015
    In Response to Re: KingBowl - An attempt to become a full-time pro : i totally agree with ajs on this one. firstly i know nothing about your game /ability kingbowl. but i can see your straight in at the higher level cash games,which i think(could be wrong) is a bit niave on your part. there are very few mugs at these levels,on ANY site. if youve had a good winning session,i would ditch the backer scenario,and use that money to  multi-table at the lower levels. Beleive me,i know varience in poker is evil,and bad runs can last for months.something,judging by your age, you may not yet have expereienced.And it happens to players of all abilities. Anyway,hope all goes well
    Posted by lovejunky
    Hi lovejunky, I have been playing poker for several years now, built a substantial roll from scratch 3 or 4 times and have played my fair share at the micros. Just while I'm in my final year at university it is nice to have no financial worries when it comes to poker, and to be able to make an income without risking my savings. I only play games that I believe I have an edge in, and I'm quite realistic when it comes to my ability - no ego. My backer/coach is a great player, understands my ability and approves of the levels i play, so hopefully all will go well :) Thanks a lot for your post and advice though there is a lot of truth to it, good luck at the tables :)
  • edited February 2015
    Update:

21/02/15: 4hr -£48.87
    22/02/15: 3hr -£977.07
  • edited February 2015
    Update:

Bit of a crazy day yesterday, was playing 11 hrs total, from around 10.30am to 11.30pm in the evening with a couple of breaks. Bust the sky roller around 50th, AQ < AJ for a top ten stack :( Lost a lot of chips going for 3 streets w/ 99 on a 3665Q run out, was too thin, guy ended up jamming river on me so had to fold.
    Played cash all day, was up just over £1000 at one point, ended up down £900 due to some bad run and losing some monster pots at 400NL - QQ<KK and KK<A5 and AQ. Ah well, felt like I played pretty well given the length of the session. £900 in makeup again though so need a good session if I'm to be in profit for the next withdrawal.

GL at the tables all :)
  • edited February 2015
    What level of cash did you play prior to your stint on sky and at what level?

Does your backer play on sky?
  • edited February 2015
    What level of cash did you play prior to your stint on sky and at what level? Does your backer play on sky?
    Posted by LARSON7
    That question has to be a level? ;)

OP, you're from Manchester? Football fan?
  • edited February 2015
  • edited March 2015
    any update?
    Posted by hhamza162

Apologies for lack of updates! Had a lot of uni work on so not been playing much, and not much has really changed. Will be upping the volume over the next couple weeks. I'm around £450 in MU , not had a cashout since last post. 

25/02/15: 4hrs -£317.65
    26/02/15: 2hrs +£235.29
    28/02/15: 4hrs +£107.25
    03/03/15: 3hrs -£84.14
    04/03/15: 2hrs +£206.83
    07/03/15: 2hrs +£285.32

Graph to date:

• edited March 2015
    What level of cash did you play prior to your stint on sky and at what level? Does your backer play on sky?
    Posted by LARSON7
    I used to play 50NL on stars as well as $30 hyper turbos :)
    Yeah he plays 500NL+
  • edited March 2015

Interesting set up, good luck to both of you, sure it will work out well.

• edited March 2015
    Ryan im actually crying "but is he your dad" &#55357;&#56834;&#55357;&#56834;&#55357;&#56834;&#55357;&#56834;&#55357;&#56834;&#55357;&#56834;&#55357;&#56834;
  • edited March 2015
    Are you concerned that you're backer/coach is a tournament player because in my experience tournament players have no idea how to play post flop ;)

GL
  • edited March 2015
  • edited March 2015
    Are you concerned that you're backer/coach is a tournament player because in my experience tournament players have no idea how to play post flop ;) GL
    Posted by WotMalluDo
    congratulations
    your first post on the community and you manage to antagonise at least 50% of the forum. What are your plans for your second post? 
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: KingBowl - An attempt to become a full-time pro : congratulations your first post on the community and you manage to antagonise at least 50% of the forum. What are your plans for your second post? 
    Posted by GELDY
    Antagonise the other 50%

Cash gamer players can't play pre flop in tournaments.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: KingBowl - An attempt to become a full-time pro : Antagonise the other 50% Cash gamer players can't play pre flop in tournaments.
    Posted by WotMalluDo
    haha, brilliant.
  • edited March 2015
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: KingBowl - An attempt to become a full-time pro : Antagonise the other 50% Cash gamer players can't play pre flop in tournaments.
    Posted by WotMalluDo
    so far the jury is out

all depends on the encore.....

drum roll please
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: KingBowl - An attempt to become a full-time pro : congratulations your first post on the community and you manage to antagonise at least 50% of the forum. What are your plans for your second post? 
    Posted by GELDY
    Maybe this is Harry's lovechild