You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

KingBowl - An attempt to become a full-time pro

Comments

• edited March 2015
    My ears are on fire.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: KingBowl - An attempt to become a full-time pro:
    Interesting set up, good luck to both of you, sure it will work out well.
    Posted by LARSON7

Im suprised Larson takes you at face value and actually believes you play this high.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: KingBowl - An attempt to become a full-time pro : Im suprised Larson takes you at face value and actually believes you play this high.
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Maybe he knows who the backer is!

Best of luck OP
  • edited March 2015
  • edited April 2015
    On holiday abroad?

Busto?

It's two weeks + since the Uni shut down for the Easter break.
  • edited April 2015
    On holiday abroad? Busto? It's two weeks + since the Uni shut down for the Easter break.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Mine shut down Friday.
  • edited April 2015
    Again apologies for the lack of updates, been revising a bit and grinding a lot. Over the past week I've had a poker friend stay at my place in York, and we've put in some serious grind hours. Mix that with some sun running and I managed to get myself out of some pretty heavy makeup and back in profit again... let's hope it continues :) Hope all is well with the followers of this thread and you all had a great Easter :) also very sad news about Devilfish :(

14/03/15: 2.5hrs -£982.15
    16/03/15: 3hrs +£762.15
    17/03/15: 3hrs -£655.37
    19/03/15: 2hrs +£153.34
    20/03/15: 2hrs -£66.80
    22/03/15: 1hr +£98.74
    25/03/15: 4hrs -£965.77
    26/03/15: 3hrs +£471.85
    27/03/15: 3hrs -£275.72
    29/03/15: 2hrs -£242.59
    30/03/15: 5hrs +£395.27
    31/03/15: 5hrs +£753.10
    01/04/15: 7hrs +£497.32
    02/04/15: 4hrs -£397.25
    04/04/15: 6hrs +£932.33
    06/04/15: 3hrs +£197.19

So just over £200 in profit, gonna play a few more sessions and hopefully run well before making another cash out :)

Graph to date:

Grind setup:

• edited April 2015
    Arghhh these numbers make me feel queasy! 
    Do you get stressed out by all this KingBowl? How do you handle the pressure?
    GL!
  • edited April 2015
    Arghhh these numbers make me feel queasy!  Do you get stressed out by all this KingBowl? How do you handle the pressure? GL!
    Posted by mrsduck

Not really since I'm backed, my backer is always willing to send me more money if I downswing so there's not much pressure, always tilting to run bad but it never affects my general mood or anything which is nice :) but yeah when i think about certain pots in terms of real things like drinks and meals it's pretty crazy money. Ty for support gl to you too

• edited April 2015
    Nice Stuff KingBowl, was playing same table as you when one of the fun players decided to jam 100bbs with J3 s into your 3 bet with JJ, was it an easy call for you with some read that he was tilted or slightly easier due to being backed? Vs an unknown I'd have tended towards folding as there are better spots but versus this particular player who I have previous was defo a snap call. Glad to see jacks hold but sad to see the table break. Keep running good gl
  • edited April 2015
    Nice Stuff KingBowl, was playing same table as you when one of the fun players decided to jam 100bbs with J3 s into your 3 bet with JJ, was it an easy call for you with some read that he was tilted or slightly easier due to being backed? Vs an unknown I'd have tended towards folding as there are better spots but versus this particular player who I have previous was defo a snap call. Glad to see jacks hold but sad to see the table break. Keep running good gl
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by JJJOHNSON
    Hi Johnson yeah I remember that hand well, one of the biggest pots I've won! I had a note that he opened piled T4s for 100bb so I knew he was capable of going nuts , plus I had been 3 betting him a lot that session and imagine he was getting tired of it so yeah couldn't have been in better shape lol :) such a gift! hope things have been going well for you
  • edited April 2015
    Nice to see your back bud and good luck.
  • edited April 2015
    This thread is horribly addictive. It reminds me of a horror film where the young hero goes searching a haunted house in the dark - I hope that you don't end up with your entrails splattered against a wall.

Keep the updates coming.

• edited April 2015
    Hi Kingbowl

I admire anyone who gives professional playing a go and I wish you the very best of luck. 

Sorry but I am going to talk about Money Management (the boring side of poker !!!!)

I have played for many years part time and received a good income from it. I left the game because of work for around 5 years and is slowing getting back into it. 

From seeing many players come and go over the years, my main advice is the importance of money management. When I was playing as a part time professional I made sure that I had seperate accounts for poker to my other incomes because of the execptional differences in spending. i.e. most people with "normal" jobs, get a wage, put some in a "bills account" and the rest in a "spending account". The problem was that I was staking more than my monthly spending amount on a daily basis, so keeping the funds seperate kept a good perspective over things and just be strict and draw a monthly allowance from your poker funds. I found this helped control the financial swings of poker without hitting the personal wallet.

I have seen so many players leave the game because they busted out from a bad swing and couldnt finance a return.

Also have a good realisation of you target income (mine used to be £1000 per month), then let the funds grow and pay yourself a bonus as and when the bankroll allows.

Just some advice and all the best ...

Gary
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: KingBowl - An attempt to become a full-time pro:
    Hi Kingbowl I admire anyone who gives professional playing a go and I wish you the very best of luck.  Sorry but I am going to talk about Money Management (the boring side of poker !!!!) I have played for many years part time and received a good income from it. I left the game because of work for around 5 years and is slowing getting back into it.  From seeing many players come and go over the years, my main advice is the importance of money management. When I was playing as a part time professional I made sure that I had seperate accounts for poker to my other incomes because of the execptional differences in spending. i.e. most people with "normal" jobs, get a wage, put some in a "bills account" and the rest in a "spending account". The problem was that I was staking more than my monthly spending amount on a daily basis, so keeping the funds seperate kept a good perspective over things and just be strict and draw a monthly allowance from your poker funds. I found this helped control the financial swings of poker without hitting the personal wallet. I have seen so many players leave the game because they busted out from a bad swing and couldnt finance a return. Also have a good realisation of you target income (mine used to be £1000 per month), then let the funds grow and pay yourself a bonus as and when the bankroll allows. Just some advice and all the best ... Gary
    Posted by MonkeyGLB

Hi Gary, thanks for taking the time out to write this post , your advice seems really sound especially coming from someone who has first hand experience, I will definitely take it onboard! At the moment I am playing backed which helps a lot with the financial risks as I am not putting up any of my own money, but when I come to playing solo I will definitely follow your advice! Thanks again and gl !

• edited April 2015
    Nice to see your back bud and good luck.
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Thanks man hope all is well , been following your thread too so gl!
  • edited April 2015
    This thread is horribly addictive. It reminds me of a horror film where the young hero goes searching a haunted house in the dark - I hope that you don't end up with your entrails splattered against a wall. Keep the updates coming.
    Posted by BigBluster
    Haha interesting post, I hope so too! Thanks a lot and will do!
  • edited April 2015

Few interesting hands vs regs:

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    troyg Small blind  £1.00 £1.00 £193.10
    KingBowl Big blind  £2.00 £3.00 £263.15
      Your hole cards
    • A

xxxRaise  £6.00 £9.00 £186.00
    troyg Call  £5.00 £14.00 £188.10
    KingBowl Raise  £22.00 £36.00 £241.15
    xxxCall  £18.00 £54.00 £168.00
    troyg Fold     
    Flop

KingBowl Check     
    xxxCheck     
    Turn

KingBowl Check     
    xxxBet  £30.00 £84.00 £138.00
    KingBowl Call  £30.00 £114.00 £211.15
    River

• K

KingBowl Check     
    xxxAll-in  £138.00 £252.00 £0.00
    KingBowl Call  £138.00 £390.00 £73.15
    KingBowl Show
    • A

xxxShow
    • A
    • Q

KingBowl Win Two Pairs, 5s and 2s £388.20  £461.35
  • edited April 2015
    style2737 Small blind  £1.50 £1.50 £298.50
    launder Big blind  £3.00 £4.50 £328.72
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • A

xxx Raise  £6.00 £10.50 £319.17
    lucklessr Fold     
    KingBowl Raise  £18.00 £28.50 £425.40
    style2737 Fold     
    launder Fold     
    xxx Call  £12.00 £40.50 £307.17
    Flop

xxx Check     
    KingBowl Check     
    Turn

xxx Bet  £24.00 £64.50 £283.17
    KingBowl Call  £24.00 £88.50 £401.40
    River

• Q

xxxBet  £66.38 £154.88 £216.79
    KingBowl Call  £66.38 £221.26 £335.02
    xxx Show

KingBowl Show
    • K
    • A

KingBowl Win Ace high £219.46  £554.48
  • edited April 2015
    vs an aggro player                                                                                                                                                                        

KingBowl Small blind  £1.00 £1.00 £479.80
    xxx Big blind  £2.00 £3.00 £345.19
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

troyg Fold     
    B1tFiat Fold     
    chad1992 Fold     
    launder Fold     
    KingBowl Raise  £5.00 £8.00 £474.80
    xxx Raise  £8.00 £16.00 £337.19
    KingBowl Raise  £24.00 £40.00 £450.80
    xxx Call  £20.00 £60.00 £317.19
    Flop

KingBowl Bet  £42.00 £102.00 £408.80
    xxx Raise  £186.00 £288.00 £131.19
    KingBowl All-in  £408.80 £696.80 £0.00
    xxx All-in  £131.19 £827.99 £0.00
    KingBowl Unmatched bet  £133.61 £694.38 £133.61
    KingBowl Show
    • J
    • J

xxx Show

Turn

River

xxx Win Full House, 9s and 5s £692.58  £692.58
  • edited April 2015
    And biggest gift so far from a player who I'd seen jam 104s for 100bb pre flop. Such a sweat OTT though!
    JJJOHNSON Small blind  £2.00 £2.00 £228.50
    canyquit Big blind  £4.00 £6.00 £478.20
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

style2737 Fold     
    Hawky Fold     
    xxx Raise  £8.00 £14.00 £446.30
    KingBowl Raise  £24.00 £38.00 £685.80
    JJJOHNSON Fold     
    canyquit Fold     
    xxx All-in  £446.30 £484.30 £0.00
    KingBowl Call  £430.30 £914.60 £255.50
    xxxShow
    • J

KingBowl Show
    • J
    • J

Flop

Turn

River

KingBowl Win Pair of Jacks £912.80  £1168.30
  • edited April 2015
    Update: 

07/04/15: 4hrs +£293.84

So don't think I'll be able to play much over the next week, going to centre parcs with the fam and gf, will bring my laptop and may be able to find a few grind hours, will update if I do :)

Just over £700 in profit now so going to do my second chop with backer of £789.98, so £394.99 each, which is nice, little step towards my September goal

Total profit: £888.28/£5000
  • edited April 2015
    Hi Kingbowl, I'm a little late to the party but just wanted to wish you the best of luck! Your screen name looks familiar ( i'm mainly an MTT player) which means we've probably gone to war at some point :)

I could never do what you do with the backing - but if it works for you then I say do it.

Enjoy Center Parks and look forward to some more updates, especially your opinion of the 400nl game on Sky.
  • edited April 2015
    Hi Kingbowl, I'm a little late to the party but just wanted to wish you the best of luck! Your screen name looks familiar ( i'm mainly an MTT player) which means we've probably gone to war at some point :) I could never do what you do with the backing - but if it works for you then I say do it. Enjoy Center Parks and look forward to some more updates, especially your opinion of the 400nl game on Sky.
    Posted by devil_tear
    Hi devil, yeahh I think we've played together, maybe in a Sunday tournament sometime.  Thanks for the support, 400nl doesn't run that often , when it does the games are always good and fun to play!  We'll see over the next few months how I do! 
  • edited April 2015
    geeeeeeeez i wanna play guys like that 3rd player all the time he should be 1st name on your find a player list wtf was he doing hahahaha
  • edited April 2015
    Hi all, just a quick update. 

Back from centre parcs, had basically no internet and no time to play, but had a fantastic time there. I have my final year exams coming up in a few weeks so poker will be on the back burner until around June, will try and play a bit and update this thread too. Big shout out to one of my good friends Cillian Berragan (the guy who was staying with me last week) for shipping the UKSPC main event , about time he won something! 
    Gl at the tables!
  • edited April 2015
    Can you send your backer my way, for my Fri nite spew sessions? ;)

Seriously tho, GL with it... best to have a crack at it now while you're still young and have no ties/family commitments. 

Growing up sucks, I know this (and still haven't) so have fun while you can.
  • edited June 2015
    Good evening all!

So it's been a while! Exam period was incredibly tough, spent 12 hours a day in the library and had absolutely no time for poker. However it was all worth it, and I'm happy to say I'm graduating with a 2.1 in Economics :)

In terms of poker, the past week has been great, been on a heater and managed to win 2.7K (which i get half of). Got back from uni yesterday, so today has been my first day of full time grinding, put in 7 hours already - the tables were fantastic - may play later. One of the most swingy days I've had, i was 2K in the red at one point but manage to sun run a 500nl table to end up £150 in profit - what a life right.

I hope to keep this blog updated daily since I'll be aiming for at least 5 hours a day every day - hopefully more!

Hope all is well with the followers of this blog, gl at the tables!

Total profit: £2,238.28/£5000

• edited June 2015

Good to hear your well Kingbowl and good to see ya back grinding good luck on the tables