You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday Night Live on CH861 Celebration of all things 861 with Fowler and Mr Kendall 7pm -midnight

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Hi All, 
    Only been with you guys a few months after trying other sites.( let's not go there on how poor they are)
     With my free £10 I came second in a bounty hunter and have used this since. 
    Gonna miss the 3 nights a week of pure entertainment you have provided and wish you all the best for the future. You have all helped me improve my game and hope against all hope we see you all again soon
    Mr Blow 
  • edited March 2015
    Brilliant show and I must say that Rich is on fire tonight - by far his best performance for years.

There once was a channel called 861
    where sky players tuned in for fun
    whether reviewing their hands
    or shouting out to the fanz
    We loved you and are so sad you're done!

Thanks everyone behind and in front of camera

All the very best for the future new look sky poker tv.

• edited March 2015

First post to the show because I just had to thank the whole team for all your effort. I started as a complete and utter novice two years ago and thanks to all the tips and analysis I haven’t gone broke yet and even fluked a few results.

The banter and friendliness is great and I wish you all the very best for the future.

Also thanks for now giving me my life back as I find that the TV has more than one channel. I had convinced my wife that it now only tuned in to 861.

• edited March 2015
    So many memories of the shows from the past, not to mention all the friends made along the way.

Some highlights have to be:

Orford sharing a taxi home after the show with the Analyst only to then realise he had driven into the studio that day and having to go back for his car.

tikay's life story documentary that I still think should have been called "tikay - a Duckumentary"

All the sketches tikay and Richard made for The Club, some of those were TV gold.

Spending endless nights playing the presenters and analysts at the tables, not because it was their job, because they enjoyed it.

tikay as Yoda / dress in a cleaners outfit with marigolds / getting a parking ticket in the Sky Poker car park!

Sky Poker Tours and getting to meet the likes of tikay, Richard, Lisa-Marie, Anna, Sarah, James, Ed and all the crew which made every SPT something special.

I could keep listing things for ages.
  • edited March 2015
    caption

write out 1000 times 'i must not limp'
  • edited March 2015
    Early I know... But worth a lok at 887,240,189
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on CH861 Celebration of all things 861 with Fowler and Mr Kendall 7pm -midnight ****official show thread***:
    My wife has a "bit of a thing" for Orford, she is loving the flat pack version you have on the show tonight - if you auction him off for charity I bid £5 - that should be the wining bid.....
    Posted by GooseFat
    You should have started the bidding at 56p

Such a fiasco...

• edited March 2015
    Great show tonight - so so sad it is the last on 861. I have only been playing just over a year and although I do not post regularly I, and my wife will confirm this, watch channel 861 every day - It has taught me so much and I just love the banter.

Only one thing to say really and from the bottom of my heart I am truly gutted. I cannot imagine my day not watching the replays of what is simply a great entertainment team.

Best of luck to all of you - I will miss you.

Steve x

• edited March 2015
    I didn't actually say thanks for making the shows what they were.  Educational but more importantly entertaining, to produce thousands of hours of TV and keep it interesting can't have been easy but Sky Poker managed it.

Anna, don't think of this as the end, think of it as a new beginning.

As you read viewers posts for the last time don't let that little feeling of sadness take over you.

Just remember that special feeling you get when you realise how lucky you have been to be part of Sky Poker, to be part of the Sky Poker family where you aren't just interacting with customers, you're talking to friends, playing with friends, meeting friends at SPT's where they can tell you, "Ooh, aren't you small".

As that final hour approaches and you prepare to read the autocue for that last time on 861, be happy, happy for being part of something unique.

Enjoy the last live show on 861, soak up the atmosphere, sit on that sofa with tikay for one last time. Humour tikay when he recalls stories from the past, nod with approval when he talks of bridges / planes / ducks / trains / buses / all of the above.

Any tears yet?  No?  Heart of stone You.

See you another time, Aaron.
  • edited March 2015
    Caption comp:

Now write 1000 times young Orford 'A straight must consist of 5 cards, not 4'

Great show by the way, Orford hasn't put a foot wrong.

• edited March 2015
    Really sad day for sky poker.

I used to really enjoy the saturday nights showing cash all night.

My personal highlight was appearing on the show with Tikay and LML.

As a viewer the funniest moment I saw was a few years ago when there used to be a few guests playing on laptops in the studio whilst reviewing a hand involving A4

Tikay: For some reason they call A4 chinese aces, I have no idea why

Guest: Because if you go like this (stretches his eyes) it looks like you have aces.

All guests are laughing and Tikay tries to move on whilst not offending anyone and trying not to laugh.
  • edited March 2015
    For the caption contest.....TK says to Richard - I have told you before what a nut flush is, and it is definitely NOT what you were doing in the toilets.
  • edited March 2015
    Obviously it's a little crowded tonight for me to have my usual input. My favourite bits:

Telling Anna she's fat.

Telling Anna she's old.

Making fun of Anna's crush on the Schof.

Making fun of Anna for being a nit.

Making fun of Anna for saying something silly.

Making fun of Anna for... well... anything really.

So obviously you can tell who my favourite presenter has been: Sarah Champion... or is it James. James was great, wasn't he?

Lots of things to have enjoyed over the years from all the presenters and analysts. Too many to name them all but there's only ever been one presenter I didn't like. (I always say that so nobody gets complacent)

I don't know what I'm going to do with myself in the evenings. 

Why does nobody ever think about how these things will affect me?!

Hugs and kisses. Hugs for Anna and big, wet, sloppy kisses for Mr Anthony Kendall.
  • edited March 2015
    Boring Loner and Cenachav spotted at Beachy Head
  • edited March 2015
    Greeting lovely people. 

So sad that this is the last 861 show :( The show got me into poker and has kept me playing. Online poker isn't exactly fun but the show was always able to keep the fun in poker!!! Hopefully the new show will keep the fun going .... please!!!!

My personal funniest moment was watching Lisa-Marie Long go nuts when i called her dress a dressing gown. Her face was a picture!! Every show has had its moments.

Thank you ALL for the years of entertainment and good luck for the future :)

Be good and stay well

Laurie/lozgo
  • edited March 2015

Hi Anna & Tikay

Some great memories over the years from Orford cutting up Tikays Jacket to Penguins being kicked, 

Just like to say thanks for all the time that all the Presenters and analysts, past and present, have put in  over the past 8 years not just on the channel but on the forums as well, its been a hell of a ride.

Good luck with the new format of Skypoker TV.

Tikay get those golf clubs warmed up summer is coming :)

• edited March 2015

Hi Anna and Tikay, just wanted to say a big thanks and good luck to everyone who has been involved in the live shows. I have learned so much in the 5+ years I have been watching the channel and playing on the site. 
    You will be missed.

• edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on CH861 Celebration of all things 861 with Fowler and Mr Kendall 7pm -midnight ****official show thread***:
    Boring Loner and Cenachav spotted at Beachy Head
    Posted by goose27909
    Do you think I'd go all that way? 

I live in Blackpool. There's a far more convenient edifice nearby.
  • edited March 2015

First post to the show because I just had to thank the whole team for all your effort. I started as a complete and utter novice two years ago and thanks to all the tips and analysis I haven’t gone broke yet and even fluked a few results.

The banter and friendliness is great and I wish you all the very best for the future.

Also thanks for now giving me my life back as I find that the TV has more than one channel. I had convinced my wife that it now only tuned in to 861.

• edited March 2015
    Hi Anna and Tikay

I am going to miss the show very much. I have learned loads from watching over the last three years or so. More important than that though, I have been thoroughly entertained and been in stitches at times. Richard and both of you have been the main culprits of this fantastic hilarity. Tikay, I don't mind the bread being moved but it won't be so  entertaining on its new shelf. 

Onwards and upwards :-))
  • edited March 2015
    A big thanks to you all for all the entertainment, even though my Mrs can't stand the show she is letting me watch the full 5 hours tonight. Top girl. I have not contacted the show before but I've watched for years and LIFE WON'T BE THE SAME WITHOUT YOU!!!! (Sobs ) ������ all the best to you all 
  • edited March 2015
    The name of the player next to me is

P O K E R
     r  y  a  n

makes: PrOyKaEnR

glad to be of help

• edited March 2015

i have a message from the sky gods.

to show their unhappiness with the end of skypoker tv they say look up to the skies tomorroww morning at 9:30.

the moon will be taken hostage.

• edited March 2015
    How has no one suggested the caption "pull my finger"
  • edited March 2015
    Orford's hand stuck in the desk.

I checked and I have about 200 or so other clips, outtakes and generally funny moments from Sky Poker shows from the past.  If a highlights show never appears I could always put something
    together.
  • edited March 2015
    PHOTO CAPTION:
    Check it again Orford. I'd swear it said 'headmaster cash event'.
  • edited March 2015
    If Im reading this correctly is this the end of sky poker tv? If so thats a big shame.

Thanks for all your entertainment though. For me I have most enjoyed shows with Anna and Tikay ...always made me laugh.
    I joined skypoker because of channel 861 and I recently played my 8000th game!

Good luck!

Ger

• edited March 2015
    hi again
    hand request

master cash 25

Q did i play this right when intent on checking the flop or will a double value bet have worked just as much when people can put you on a hand range
  • edited March 2015
    Hi Anna and Tikay,dont mean to drag things down but I,m absolutly gutted that this is the last show.Been watching for years
    and feel I,ve got to know you all.My favorite shows have been the ones with the guests,the Ambo and Paul Jackson for
    instance.I,ve had so much fun and poker education over the years.
    Good luck and thanks to all the team.
    Dave Black
    XX
  • edited March 2015
    Caption competition 

tikay is saying orford ive told u about the punctuation now sit there and get it sorted.