You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday Night Live on CH861 Celebration of all things 861 with Fowler and Mr Kendall 7pm -midnight

Comments

• edited March 2015
    It's been a long and fun journey learning poker with you guys and gals
    You really don't know what you have got sometimes till it's gone

Tony are you going to write that book now

Lee
  • edited March 2015
    Good luck on the last 861 show, sad to see the channel go (no sky sports subscription) but hey ho.

All the best peeps. 
  • edited March 2015

anna,

we will miss you on our screens.

of course, we are all still interested to know how you are and where you will be next.

we can track your every movement in real time by using google maps with GPS to locate BorinLoner's smart phone and ankle tag.

wherever it shows he is, you won't be too far away.

• edited March 2015
    Hi anna and tk, this is boohoohaha not much of a blogger but I, am truly sorry to hear that your going of air but hope it wont be to long before your all back on svreen photo caption tk  saying to richard write 100 times the rules of poker and you might learn how to play porperly
  • edited March 2015
    Hi Anna and Tikay

Good luck in the future to everyone that has been involved with the live shows. Will be sorely missed as exactly what a good tv programme should be. Educational and interactive with plenty of banter thrown in for good measure.

• edited March 2015
    Caption entry: "There's no other way I can say this, Orford. Can I have your autograph?" 

My own favourite memories:

* Kicking the stuffed penguin on live TV and nearly taking a cameraman out on the way. 
    * Doing live shows with Orford, Thewy and the lovely Sarah Champion, who I did my first 5-hour long show with. Oh, and I was in as the analyst. Baptism of fire. 
    * Orford getting his hand stuck in the desk. 
    * Tikay's duck-umentary. For all the stick he's taken, I have the utmost respect for a man who tells it as he sees it each and every time, to man and business alike. Class. 
    * The confidence the whole 865/861 journey gave me. I was a geek with a passion and the opportunity to do some work on TV made me realise I was alright at what I did.

Finally a heartfelt thank you to the team behind the channel, especially Orford who encouraged me to do more every time he saw me. I now have a son who smiles at the YouTube clips and says "Daddy!" every time. There's not a feeling on Earth like it. 

Sky Poker will go from strength to strength I am sure. A new chapter begins but an excellent one finishes. 

Enjoy the show tonight. 

Dave (formerly a guest, then Sky_Dave, forever a fan) 

• edited March 2015
    This show will be sadly missed, anything else wont quite be the same!

My girlfriend will be pleased, she calls channel 861 the 'default channel'. Need to find a new one now!

• edited March 2015
    It's all been said and I would just add I would not be playing poker without the live shows. Just brilliant! Good luck all and thanks.
  • edited March 2015
    A massive thanks for everything, I will miss you all. A special thanks go to the legend that is Mr Tony Kendal who I have had the pleasure of sharing a Pl08 table with and for posting his good wishes,I feel blessed.

• edited March 2015
    TK - H5N1 is the scientific term for avian flu
  • edited March 2015
    is orford ok? hes normaly so lively,its just that he seems a bit flat tonight :)
  • edited March 2015

Say it isn't so? What channel will the show be moving too?

Favourite show, The hilarious catchphrase bingo one with ross and anna. TV GOLD..... 

• edited March 2015
    Good Evening Anna & Teeks!

Too many happy memories to recount!

But I did love the spontaneous, embarassing photos Anna took of Carlo for the caption contests

Who would have thought she could get Carlo talking about fluffy white clouds, fish finger wraps & Mankinis.

Caption contest.

"Tikay swears never to drink again, after pulling at the Sky Poker fancy dress Xmas Party!"

Hope you have amazing lives and never look back with regrets!

• edited March 2015
    On a lighter note can I say many congratulations to Anna and I hope the next 6 months go as smoothly as an Orford link for you. If it's a boy then Mark is a great name :-)
  • edited March 2015
    Good evening Anna and Mr Kendall, can't believe it is the last live show.  Thank you to all in front and behind the camera who have entertained me for many hours.  I wouldn't be playing poker if it wasn't for 865/861. Too many favourite moments over the years to mention.

Good luck to all in the future.

Ross
  • edited March 2015
    Caption Comp.....

Gandalf is saying to Harry.." NO!  You'll get the wand next week IF you sign up for the 2:20 @ 2:20".      

P
  • edited March 2015
    So gutted that Sky Poker Tv is ending. Too many good memories. I was lucky enough to be involved with the first week of Sky Poker as there were number of freerolls that were broadcast on the channel to test it out. Not sure if I even cashed in any of them! I also managed to make the final table of one of the big Sunday tournaments a few years later. The sole hand of mine they showed was my exit hand lol.

Good luck to all the guys in the future.
  • edited March 2015
    Hi Anna and Tikay

Very sad about 861 - my better half refuses to shell out for a sky tv subscription so wont be able to watch the new shows. Hopefully the powers that be will bring back the SPT as a consolation!

Will miss all the analysis and Orford's double entendres - his comment about a "nosh" the other night had me laughing

all the best to everyone at the channel
  • edited March 2015

here is the first ever forum mexican wave....

BYE

• edited March 2015
    Hi again Anna and TK,

My favourite bit is the 5 minute intermezzo at 5 to the hour, especially the one where Rich and Ryan are talking about the hand ranking, and when it comes to the straight, Ryan says Ten, Jack, King, Queen, Ace

Brilliant, and no one ever notices!!!

Have a great remainder of the show.

Dirk

• edited March 2015
    Hi Both

Sorry to see this is the last live show tonight.  

When I started watching 865, loved the 3D effect table used for the hand analysis.

Many great presenters over the years.

Have enjoyed submitting comments, trying to be witty, and close to but not over the mark ( well, sometimes )

I have to add to the other comments about making and meeting friends on here and SPT's - what an amazing hobby 861 made of poker.

I'm sure we will all meet again.

And finally - I have to agree with Rainman about your glasses Anna.  You did have a lovely pair.

Regards

Pen Fifteen

• edited March 2015
    Makes me sad that this will end. Thanks for everyone who helped get me more into poker and also better at the game.
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on CH861 Celebration of all things 861 with Fowler and Mr Kendall 7pm -midnight ****official show thread***:
    here is a forum mexican wave.... type BYE
    Posted by aussie09

BYE
  • edited March 2015
    Can we have TK singing My Way in a Frank Sinatra style please
  • edited March 2015
    caption competition,

100 lines - i will not pick my nose whilst on live tv.....

great show
    will be missed by many.

gl to all in their futture endeavours.

kind regards
    prepared
  • edited March 2015

JACKPOT possibles

10:16 PM main mini both % main in mini
      entered 386 586 135 35
        left 34 124 5    

ChipsFool2 14 60    
      SJspanky1 23 8    
      RobIles 24 40    
      DivsDreams 26 49    
      the_WASP 28 21    

• edited March 2015
    Congratulations on being part if I am sure the longest ever running if a dedicated poker TV channel!

Will miss these live interactive shows so so much! Best moment? Got to be Ryan's famous slip of the tongue :) loved the flirting and watching Ann's dirty mind tick over and try keep a straight face!

Great show, I am a bit behind as had a long day, just means I enjoy you guys nearly live till 1am

Matt xx

• edited March 2015
    I got into poker after discovering sky ch865,
    the original format in the old studio with big screen cards,
    and analysis of a live online skypoker Main event.

Still waiting on the commission from the 865 mini-series,
    started after a "film tag line" caption contest I submitted.
    Tikay & Orford "I am your father" 
    How many episodes did that spawn?

( although I would settle for a free Roller entry )

Long live the Skypoker LegEnds who are "Ant & D!ck"

I won't see skypoker again as I don't have, (-evSkysports.

End of an era, gl to all involved in channel 861.
  • edited March 2015
    Is it too late for the last longer?
  • edited March 2015
    Best wishes at the end of an era. I've been about since the start (like TK) when there were 3D graphics, and it is Sky Poker that properly got me into poker after a bit of dabbling. I've had enourmous fun and will continue to do so, as hopefully I've improved a bit at the tables. Lots of memories, particularly the banter between Anna and TK, or Orford and Tikay. So thankyou for all the coverage and tips along the way.

My favourite memory comes from late on a Sunday night when James Hartigan and Orford decided to cover a hand by "rapping" the commentary to one of the funkier bits of backing music. It could only happen at the end of a 5 hour show, and for me sums up some of the fun 861 has provided over the years.

Thankyou to all of those involved in 861 (or 865) on and off the camera. It's been a blast.