You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The 2015 WSOP thread.

Comments

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: The 2015 WSOP thread.:
    Deadman now heads up with Mercier for the bracelet in Event 32
    Posted by FCHD
    Wow, exciting.
  • edited June 2015

Not to be two GB bracelets in 1 Day.

Simon Deadman was beaten heads up by Jason Mercier

Earlier post with the round-up of Wednesday's action now updated to cover all the action.

• edited June 2015
    WSOP34 $1500 Split Format Hold'em, 873 entrants, Day 3 of 4
    The final 8 is set for the FT, but all the British players were knocked out on Day 3.
    We have 8 different nationalities on the FT
    Seat 1 - Ivan Radiv (ISR) (829,000)
    Seat 2 - Isaac Kawa (BEL) (721,000)
    Seat 3 - Gavin O'Rourke (IRL) (785,000)
    Seat 4 - Andre Boyer (CAN) (851,000)
    Seat 5 - Chris Bolek (USA) (849,000)
    Seat 6 - Jonas Christensen (DEN) (929,000)
    Seat 7 - Erwann Pecheux (FRA) (831,000)
    Seat 8 - Andrew Gaw (PHI) (756,000)

Toby Lewis was knocked out in the last 16, David Vamplew & Innes Young in the last 32.

WSOP35 - $3k HORSE, 376 entrants, Day 3 of 3
    Three players go forward into an extra day, chip leader Matt Vengrin, second placed Kevin Iacofano and third man Daniel Idima. Of the three, Idema is the only previous bracelet winner, he has two so far.

WSOP36 - $1500 PLO, 978 entrants, Day 2 of 3
    Nineteen remain, with Kevin Allen from Romford tucked away in the middle of the pack at present.

Corrie Wunstel is the chip leader, after busting Brandon Cantu on a huge pot on the bubble, with Shaun Abbott in second with just over half Wunstel's chips & Matthew Colvin 3rd

WSOP37 - $10K 6-max NLH, 259 entrants, Day 2 of 3
    Doug Polk is the overnight leader and he will return for the final day with 11 opponets standing between him and the bracelet. Kenneth Fishman is second, and a distant third is current player of the year leader Paul Volpe.

No Brits left, Jake Cody was knocked out about 5 off the money

WSOP38 - $3K NLH, 989 entrants, Day 1 of 3
    Just 11 shy of a round 1000 players for the $3K, and at the end of day 1, that has been whittled down to just under 300.

Chris DeMaci has been around for years and has a couple of FT WSOP finishes, and he is the chip leader after Day 1 ahead of Brazil's Jorge Breda & another American Nick Munis.

As you would expect with a $3K buy-in, plenty of recognisable pros in contention, including Jesse Sylvia, Maria Ho & Kenny Halleart all inside the Top 30. The past 2 ME winners are also still active, Ryan Riess & Martin Jacobson.

GB players are led by one Sam Razavi (24th) with Guilio Mascolo (showing as from Gabon though, perhaps that's an omen as the last player the WSOP made that mistake with went on to win the bracelet), Jonathan McCann, John Gale, Asa Smith, Luke Marsh, Francis Ford-Brown, Rhys Jones, Howard Smith and several other also progressing.

WSOP39 - $1500 Ten Game Mix, 380 entrants, Day 1 of 3
    Only 89 mixers and matchers qualify for Day 2, with Eric Wasserson having the biggest stack of those at the end of Day 1. Veteran Eli Elezra seems to have been having a good series and lies second, with Guy Hareuveni in potentially the bronze medal position.

Only 1 Brit seems to have made it through David Knott, and he will have to navigate a Day 2 field that also includes Ylon Schwartz, Bruno Fitoussi, Dan Kelly, Phil Hellmuth, Brian Hastings, Daniel Negreanu, Matt Glantz, Greg Muller, and with a micro-stack, recent bracelet winner Jason Mercier.

To start today
    WSOP40 - $1000 Seniors NLH, Day 1 of 3
    WSOP41 - $10K Seven Card Stud Hi-Lo Championship, Day 1 of 3

• edited June 2015
    Early entries for the seniors event include past ME winner Robert Varkonyi plus November Niners Dennis Phillips & Darvin Moon. Yep, Darvin Moon is back.
  • edited June 2015
    Fantastic thread, thanks so much for all the hard work and detail you put in to it.
  • edited June 2015
    I was about to start setting up for Sunday's post (i.e. Saturday's action in Las Vegas) and found I hadn't posted today.

Sorry for being slack, so here goes:

WSOP34 $1500 Split Format Hold'em, 873 entrants, Day 4 of 4
    Seventy-two-year old French-Canadian Andre Boyer collected his second bracelet, ten years after his first, plus a first prize of a little over a quarter of a million dollars. He also previously made the FT of the 1996 ME, finishing 6th.

It was a Francophone heads-up match or "la tête haute" as the runner-up was French player Erwan Pecheux.

The best British performance was by Toby Lewis, who was knocked out in the last 16 of the heads-up portion of the event.

WSOP35 - $3k HORSE, 376 entrants, Day 4 of 3
    Dan Idema continued the theme of bracelet winners from previous years coming out on top this time around as he collected his third (all 2 years apart, 11/13/15)

The Canadian also took home over $261K for his efforts, beating Kevin Iacofeno and then Matthew Vengrin inside an hour on the extra unscheduled day of play.

WSOP36 - $1500 PLO, 978 entrants, Day 3 of 3
    This one is also going to an extra days play with the long days play unable to separate Corrie Wunstel & Kevin Saul.

Kevin Allen was the highest finishing British player, reaching the FT but bowing out in 7th for $24336.

WSOP37 - $10K 6-max NLH, 259 entrants, Day 3 of 3
    Hooray! A tournament that finished on time! (Sorry for the two exclamation marks Tikay)

Byron Kaverman wins the 10K 6-max to take his first bracelet at the expense of Doug Polk.

Kaverman took home $657K, Polk $406K, more than he picked up when winning his braclet last year.

Paul Volpe made his third FT of the summer, finishing 6th to extend his lead in the Player of the Year standings.

No Brits cashed, Jake Cody was knocked out about 5 off the money

WSOP38 - $3K NLH, 988 entrants, Day 2 of 3
    290-odd players came back for Day 2, and 48 of them stuck around all day to bag up chips at the end of the night.

Another French Canadian is the chip leader, Jean-Pascal Savard, with players from Chinese Taipei (Yun Fan) and Austria (Gerald Karlic) in second and third.

Nestled just outside the Top 10 is Chris Moorman, and with Jonathan McCann and Sam Razavi both still active too, there's sufficient British interest to whet the appetite.

Current payout level is $38 under $10K, John Gale, Asa Smith, Francis Foord-Brown, Rhys Jones & Seb Saffari all bowed up with cashes of between $5129 & $6047.

WSOP39 - $1500 Ten Game Mix, 380 entrants, Day 2 of 3
    Less players than variants remain, as we have 9 men going forward to Day 3.

Brian Hastings is having a fantastic series and leads the 9 into the final day, with an interesting set of companions that include Eric Wasserson, Todd Brunson and a couple of Europeans (Tim Reusch, Germany and Alexey Makarov, Russia).

No British players cashed, but Phil Hellmuth did (in 17th place) and apparently he was back to his whiny worst.

WSOP40 - $1000 Seniors NLH, 4193 entrants, Day 1 of 3
    Already down to 566 players after day 1 (423 will cash), Dale Eberle is the man at the mpment.

His stack of $160K was good enough to top Day 1, ahead of Oliver Anderson & Daniel Lamb in 2nd & 3rd.

Michael Fisher is top Brit at the moment, with John Gudger (I don't know if he is any relation to Eleanor Gudger who FT'ed the Ladies Event 2 years ago), Derek Miller, Linda Iwaniak, Brian Leddy & Paul Baxter also making Day 2.

Big names playing the seniors and playing well include a couple of 6-time bracelet holders - TJ Cloutier & Ted Forrest

The oldest player in the event was 92 year old Russell Moncrief, who has a bad beat story to tell the folks back home, as he ran pocket Kings in to pocket Aces.

WSOP41 - $10K 7 Card Stud Hi-Lo 8 or better Championship, 111 players, Day 1 of 3
    The usual star-studded field for these 10K events sees Ryan Miller (runner-up in the $1500 Razz a while ago) leading the 64 players advancing to Day 2.

Max Pescatori (who happened to beat Miller heads-up for that braclet) isn't far behind in 3rd while a well known figure in 9th is the ESPN WSOP co-comemntator Norman Chad.

Two GB names alive, and by now they're both familiar names if you've been reading these updates for the last couple of weeks - Stephen Chidwick & Stuart Rutter.

And just to show he's human, Paul Volpe has made Day 2 but with only 5700 chips, less than 3 big bets at the level they'll be coming back to today

To start today
    WSOP42 - $1500 Extended Play NLH (4 Day Event)

• edited June 2015
    A few more interesting names from the Seniors Event

I mentioned earlier on there were two 6-time bracelet winners, well there's also a player with 7 bracelets playing Day 2. Men "The Master" Ngyuen.

Both Davidi Kitai's and Dan Sindelar's fathers are still active, as is Hal Lubarsky, the blind player who featured on the ESPN coverage of the ME a few years ago, and recent November Niner Steve Gee.

No further news on the Brits, except to confirm that John Gudger is indeed the father of Eleanor Gudger, who is also in an event today, the Extended Play tournament.
  • edited June 2015
    WSOP36 - $1500 PLO, 978 entrants, Day 4 of 3
    It took a couple of hours of to and fro play before Corrie Wunstel got the better of Kevin Saul to take his first bracelet and the top prize of $267K.

WSOP38 - $3K NLH, 988 entrants, Day 3 of 3
    Five players will come back for an extra day (the extra starting chips in most events this year has meant a higher number than normal have had to be extended into an extra day) and one of them will be a very familiar face to those who used to be regular viewers of Channel 861.

Sam Razavi is third in chips behind leader Thiago Nishijima and Jesse Sylvia (2012 ME runner-up but does not appear to have ever won a live tournament)

Chris Moorman was eliminated in 32nd, Jonathan McCann in 41st.

WSOP39 - $1500 Ten Game Mix, 380 entrants, Day 3 of 3
    Brian Hastings collected his second bracelet of the series, and 3rd overall by winning the 10-game mixed event, beating
    Rostislav Tsodikov heads up

WSOP40 - $1000 Seniors NLH, 4193 entrants, Day 2 of 3
    65 left with, I'm sorry to say, not a single Union Flag in sight on the chip count list.

When Linda Iwaniak departed in 79th, that was it for the GB players. She picked up $5509, with smaller cashes going to Derek Miller, Brian Leddy & John Gudger

Most of the big names have gone too, leaving Jim Hopperstead as the chip leader ahead of Justin Tseng & Frank Pacocha.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this one being another to go to an unscheduled 4th day.

WSOP41 - $10K 7 Card Stud Hi-Lo 8 or better Championship, 111 players, Day 2 of 3
    After Ben Yu departed within the last few hands, we are left with 11 of the 111 through from Day 2, and we have a British chip leader.

When I woke up this morning, Stephen Chidwick was one of the short stacks. A couple of double ups and a huge three way pot later he is in pole position to claim what would be his first WSOP bracelet.

The other 10 players include recent bracelet winner Max Pescatori and Daniel Negreanu (having his best run of the series so far)

WSOP42 - $1500 Extended Play NLH, 1914 entrants, Day 1 of 4
    543 of the 1914 have made Day 2, with the Top 7 players coming from, in order, Honduras, Switzerland, Belarus, Brazil, USA, Russia & Israel.

With Canada represented in 9th, Sweden in 10th (through Chris Bjorin so shown with the Union Flag by residence) and the UK in 12th (Fraser Bellamy) this one has a truly international feel to it.

Other GB names through - Patrick Leonard, Barny Boatman, Pratik Ghate, Aurelien Guiglini, Darsham Sami, Toby Lewis, Eleanor Gudger (funny how I mentioned her yesterday), Kevin Wheeler, Francisco Rubio, Martins Adeniya, Rhys Jones, and several more too including Tim Davie (IH8PALACE)

To start today
    WSOP43 - $1000 Super Seniors NLH (3 Day Event)
    WSOP44 - $50K Poker Players Championship (5 Day Event)

• edited June 2015
    Sam Razavi's FT about to go on the delayed stream, but before that there was an update on the Player of the Year standings presented by .....  Laura Cornelius
  • edited June 2015
    Ladder time for Sam as Jesse Sylvia busts Yun Fan. About $150K locked up now.

Nishijima has had at least 3, maybe 4 pocket paris in the first half hour.

Sylvia has been very agressive, moving all in against the shorter stacks 3 times I think before being called.

Razavi has been very quiet.

Stream is with graphics and hole cards but no commentary.
  • edited June 2015
    Sam out 4th in a huge hand.

He shoves from UTG for 1.67 million with two red sevens. Jesse Sylvia calls from the button with AJ, then Nishijima over-shoves from BB for about 3.5 million more. Sylvia thinks and thinks but eventually folds.

On their backs with Sam going for a triple up
    Flop 8-7-2
    Turn Q
    River K, Sam gets rivered and is eliminated in 4th for $153K.

• edited June 2015
    Stephen Chidwick is heads-up with Max Pescatori for the 10K Stud High/Low bracelet. Stacks are pretty similar.
  • edited June 2015
    Chidwick goes down to Pescatori heads-up. The Italian, looking more like a TV chef than a poker player, wins his second bracelet of the 2015 Series and his 4th overall. Chidwick still one of the best players without a bracelet.
  • edited June 2015
    WSOP38 - $3K NLH, 988 entrants, Day 4 of 3
    Brazilian Thiago Nishijima is the proud bracelet holder for Event 38 after getting the better of 4 opponents in the extra day's play

Greek player Sotirios Koutoupas (referred to by the table announcer as just "SK" throughout) was the runner-up, with former ME runner-up Jesse Sylvia 3rd and "our" Sam Razavi 4th.

Nishijima is only the third Brazilian player to win a bracelet, following Alexandre Gomes & Andre Akkari.

WSOP40 - $1000 Seniors NLH, 4193 entrants, Day 3 of 3
    I was right, this one was another one that failed to finish in it's alloted 3 days.

In fact the whole 9 man final table will be played out on Day 4, with Travis Baker the leader ahead of Stephen Nussrallah & Day 2 leader Jim Hopperstead.

Lying in 8th place is former November Niner and bracelet winner Steve Gee.

WSOP41 - $10K 7 Card Stud Hi-Lo 8 or better Championship, 111 players, Day 3 of 3
    So close and yet so far to a third British bracelet this year. Stephen Chidwick got to the heads-up match with Max Pescatori but the Italian got the better of him to collect his 4th bracelet overall and second of this series.

Pescatori wins $292K, Chidwick $180K.

WSOP42 - $1500 Extended Play NLH, 1914 entrants, Day 2 of 4
    We're down to 115 who have battled through to Day 3 with experienced Ukrainian Yevgeny Timoshenko the overnight leader.

Five of the 115 are GB players, led by Patrick Leonard in 4th spot with Martins Adeniya, David Lu, Pratik Ghate, Howard Smith & Barny Boatman there too.

Antonio Esfandiari is in good shape (lying 2nd), getting his 6th cash this summer to extend his lead in the all-time money list.

WSOP43 - $1000 Super Seniors NLH, 1533 entrants, Day 1 of 3
    The inaugural Super Seniors for those over 64 years old was graced by the presence of Doyle Brunson, making his first WSOP appearance of 2015.

Unfortunately Texas Dolly was one of 1280 players knocked out on Day 1, leaving 253 who will return for Day 2.

Henry Hanningan from Morris, Illinois has the biggest stack ahead of fellow Mid-West player Robert Galinson.

A couple of famous names inside the Top 5, Dennis Waterman & Jesse Jackson, but I don't think it's the ex-Minder actor or the former Presidential candidate though.

Some real big poker names are still playing, Dan Harrington & Barry Shulman, along with a solitary Brit, Eric Dalby.

171 will get paid so the bubble will burst a hour or two into Day 2 play.

WSOP44 - $50K Poker Players Championship, 77 entrants so far, Day 1 of 5
    With late reg open until the start of Day 2, we could well see a couple more added to the list (Pescatori? Chidwick?) but 77 would be a disappointing number set against last year's 102.

Only 4 players bust all day, and the first of those to go was Kent's Adam Owen. We do have three Brits in the 73 through though, previous winner Matthew Ashton, Elior Sion and Talal Shakerchi.

Others through, well almost anyone you could name whose been in the big events already - Siever, Danzer, two Mizrachis, Duhamel, Seed, Hastings, Negreanu, Mercier etc. etc. etc.
    None of the big names rumoured to be making their first appearance of the summer in this event (Ivey, Dwan, Gruissem, Schemion etc.) showed up.

To start today
    WSOP45 - $1500 NLH, 3 Day Event
    WSOP46 - $3000 PLO 6 Max, 3 Day Event

Less than 2 weeks to the start of the Main Event...
  • edited June 2015
    Why on earth have so few reg'd for the PPC? so weird cos normally this is the one they all want to win, so much prestige with this event but maybe there are just more tempting better value events going on, it did say a lot of Pros had bought into this new extended play event.

You are doing a great job as always FCHD ........... BUT a rather terrible mistake in nationality has been made, Timoshenko is Ukrainian, if he heard you call him Russian he would pull the same face he did when seeing Lewis quads over Robl quads :D
  • edited June 2015
    Posted corrected to show Timoshenko as Ukrainian. He's shown as flying the US flag in the WSOP listings so perhaps next time I'll put him down as American, as he's been there since he was about 8 years old.

Don't know when the update tomorrow will come, I usually put it together about 6:30-8:00 on a Tuesday due to work schedules but I see there is another outage planned tomorrow morning so it may not be up until early evening.
  • edited June 2015
    In relation to PPC numbers, all the big buy-in events have been suffering, down on average about 10% on last year for the $10Ks.

One theory being bandied around is that the longer structures of most tournaments this year has meant more players making Day 2s and playing that rather than buying in to the next days event, but I'm not sure if I go with that.

At lower levels, in comparable events, NLH fields are down slightly, non NLH slightly up which more or less evens itself out.

The WSOP will talk about "total" numbers though, and including the Colossus will make any year-on-year comparison meaningless.

The numbers for the Daily Deepstacks at the Rio and for similar sized events up and down the strip are said to be doing very well this year though.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: The 2015 WSOP thread.:
    Sam out 4th in a huge hand. He shoves from UTG for 1.67 million with two red sevens. Jesse Sylvia calls from the button with AJ, then Nishijima over-shoves from BB for about 3.5 million more. Sylvia thinks and thinks but eventually folds. On their backs with Sam going for a triple up Flop 8-7-2 Turn Q River K, Sam gets rivered and is eliminated in 4th for $153K.
    Posted by FCHD
    I'm tired so might be missing something reading this, did Nishijima have KK?
  • edited June 2015
    Sorry, in fact i made a right mess of that post. Here's another go:

Sam out 4th in a huge hand. He shoves from UTG for 1.67 million with two red sevens. Jesse Sylvia calls from the button with AJ, then Nishijima over-shoves from BB for about 3.5 million more. Sylvia thinks and thinks but eventually folds. On their backs with Sam going for a triple up, it's a race situation with the Brazilian showing AK off.

Flop 9-8-2
    Turn Q
    River K

Note to self - check any hand histories make sense before posting them.

• edited June 2015
    No apologies needed you do a fantastic job.

It was unlucky to go out on the river but it would have been even sicker if he had a set of sevens beaten by three Kings on the river!
  • edited June 2015
    Stephen Chidwick has bought in to the 50K just before the start of Day 2, along with Chris Klodnicki, Mike Gorodinsky, Fabio Gonzalez, Ofir Mor, Todd Brunson & Joe Cassidy to make a final total of 84.
  • edited June 2015
    Other early news from Monday

In the extended play event, Barny Boatman has picked up a few chips so far today, Patrick Leonard has lost a few. Just under a hundred remain

The Super Seniors is "in the money" but unfortunately without Eric Dalby who went bust a few players short of the bubble. His was not a name I immediately recognised, but he made the FT of the PLO at the 2nd WSOPE in 2008 (Sorry for all the initials) and won a $250K prize for winning a event on a Ladbrokes Poker Cruise back in 2004.
  • edited June 2015

Wish they had a seniors PLO8 event, Tikay would be all over it!

SKY PLEASE STICKY THIS THREAD!!!

• edited June 2015
    WSOP40 - $1000 Seniors NLH, 4193 entrants, Day 4 of 3
    King of the Over 50s is Travis Baker from Enid, Oklahoma. He earns $613K for four days work, and finished off the final table in double quick time as he knocked out his last 4 opponents in just over half an hour. It is his first WSOP cash in just his second WSOP event.

Carl Torelli was the last player busted, improving from 14th last year to 2nd this time around, with former chip leader Jim Hopperstead in third.

Former Bracelet winner & November Niner Steve Gee ended up in 8th.

WSOP42 - $1500 Extended Play NLH, 1914 entrants, Day 2 of 4
    It's a familiar face to us in the UK who is the chip leader of the Extended Play, former bracelet winner Barny Boatman.

He has 1.15 million chips, with the only other players in 7 figures Brazilian Luis Duarte and Ukrainian Artem Metalidi. In a familiar tale from the last 10 days or so, it's an international line-up as we have players from Canada, France, the US and Germany making it 7 different nationalities inside the Top 7.

There is a second British challenger too, Patrick Leonard in 9th.

Day 2 chip leader Yevgeny Timoshenko hang on but will come back for Day 4 25th of the 26 players, but Antonio Esfandiari busted (losing most of his chips to Barny when the Brit's Kings got there against The Magician's Aces).

Howard Smith exited in 43rd ($9457), Pratik Ghate 61st ($6718), and Martins Adeniya and David Lu almost simultaneously 69th & 70th ($5672 each)

WSOP43 - $1000 Super Seniors NLH, 1533 entrants, Day 2 of 3
    25 Good ol' boys, all Americans, have made Day 3 of the Super Seniors with the lead held by Califonian Wayne Knyal from Jon Andlovec & Charles Havens.

The most familiar name left is Perry Green, who was winning bracelets as long ago as 1976 and was runner-up to Stu Ungar in the 1981 Main Event.

The players come from some wonderfully descriptive town names - Mound House, Sun Prairie, Buffalo Grove, Long Beach, Anchorage, Grapevine, Crest Hill, etc.

WSOP44 - $50K Poker Players Championship, 84 entrants, Day 2 of 5
    The lowest PPC field since it was first held (two years ago when Matthew Ashton won it, the field was 132 players)

47 make it through to Tuesday's Day 2, with Scott Siever managing to hold on to his Day 1 chip lead ahead of Abe Mosseri and one Matthew Ashton, making another bid to with the Chip Reese Trophy.

Other former winners Michael Mizrachi & David Bach are also through, but Stephen Chidwick, Eilor Sion & Talal Shakerchi bowed out

WSOP45 - $1500 NLH, 1655 entrants, Day 1 of 3
    Brayden Fritzshall, Justin Kindred & Jorden Fox. Who? The chip leaders at the end of Day of Event 45, that's who.

With 171 to cash, the bubble will loom early on Day 2 for the 260 qualifiers, who include GB players Richard Milne, James Dempsey, Ben Heath, Michael Frost, Roberto Romanello, Craig McCorkell, Seb Saffari, Innes Young, Liam Hooks, Niall Farrell, Harry Lodge & Tom Middleton

WSOP46 - $3000 PLO 6 Max, 682 players, Day 1 of 3
    Two Russians in the Top 3, Arnseniy Makhaev & Ilya Krupin sandwiching German Bjorn Wiesler in the chip counts.

Paul Jackson gets a first mention lying in 17th, with Martins Adeniya (48th), Ben Philipps (58th), Jack Loraine (62nd), William Chattaway (67th), David Colin (68th) & Peter Charalambous (73rd) also in reasonable shape. Pratik Ghatge is in slightliy worse shape, 147th of 154 overnight.

To start today
    WSOP47 - $2500 NLH, 3 Day Event
    WSOP48 - $1500 Seven Card Stud, 3 Day Event

Oh, and please Sky DON'T "sticky" this thread, there already too many sticky threads around here.

• edited June 2015
    Early Tuesday action

Barny Boatman still leads the Extended Play, but Patrick Leonard has just busted in 22nd

The Super Seniors is down to 14, with Mark Schwartz top of the tree

Event 45 - Niall Farrell has quadrupled up his shortish stack, former ME winner Carlos Mortensen has also chipped up

The PPC has just re-started, George Danzer busto already and Matthew Ashton has lost a few to fellow former winner Brian Rast.

• edited June 2015
    WSOP42 - $1500 Extended Play NLH, 1914 entrants, Day 4 of 4
    The Extended Play has been, um, extended with 5 players remaining at the end of Day 4 to go into a 5th day.

Barny Boatman is still among them, and is second in chips. Adrian Apmann (German resident in Austria) has 7m, Barny nearly 4, and the other three players barely 3m between them.

Current pay level is $107K or so.

Patrick Leonard cashed in 22nd for a little under $14K

WSOP43 - $1000 Super Seniors NLH, 1533 entrants, Day 3 of 3
    John Andlovec
    is more than a quarter of a million dollars richer after winning the inaugural Super Seniors tournament.

The 70 year old, well known in Vegas as "Hippie Jon", made his 4th cash over a 25-year span at the WSOP, but on all four of those cashes he has made the FT (most recently back in 2004).
    Perry Green, aiming to set a record for the longest winning span of braclets (he won his first in 1976 and last in 1979) finished 8th.

WSOP44 - $50K Poker Players Championship, 84 entrants, Day 3 of 5
    Nineteen have made it through to Day 4 with Abe Mosseri having the largest stack but close behind is Matthew Ashton, aiming to win this for the second time in three years.

John Racener, John Monnette & Mike Gorodinsky complete a very strong Top 5 with plenty of other names still in too, including recent bracelet winner Jason Mercier.

WSOP45 - $1500 NLH, 1655 entrants, Day 1 of 3
    Only two dozen are still standing, with Jason Ko on the big stack, 40% more chips than Barry Hutter & David Jackson, his nearest challengers.

No Brits remain, although there is an Irish player, Dara O'Kearney sitting two thirds of the way down the field.

Craig McCorkell was the last UK player to bust (27th, $12422). Preceding him from walking to the payout cage were Richard Milne ($8579), Gregory Hawes ($4803), Jonathan Grey ($4267), Niall Farrell ($3485), Liam Hooks ($3217) and a group of min-cashers ($2949) - Harry Lodge, James Dempsey, Michael Frost & Seb Saffari

WSOP46 - $3000 PLO 6 Max, 682 players, Day 2 of 3
    Just 22 players survive Day 2 and will battle for the bracelet on Day 3. Thomas Campbell has already assured himself of his biggest WSOP cash and he will be looking for more as Day 2 chip leader.

No British players remain, but several interesting characters do - Robert Mizrachi looking to add his 2nd bracelet of the year, Martin Finger & Taylor Paur amongst them.

Of the GB players who did cash, David Colin did best, his 36th place earning him $9346. Paul Jackson & Peter Charalambous each collected a fraction over $5000 for a min cash.

WSOP47 - $2500 NLH, Day 1 of 3
    Keith Ferrara is the chip leader at the end of Day 1, with 326 others joining him on Day 2.

Stu Rutter is poised for another deep run, as are Stephen Chidwick & Simon Deadman. All three are in the top 50 along with fellow British players Darren Judges, Ben Heath & Ben Warrington

Lower down we also have Rob Harrison, Thomas MacDonald, Thomas Hall, Ben Dobson, Eric Theissen, Sergi Reixach, Sidney Hasson, Rhys Jones, Michael Kane (Style2737), Ben Vinson (a lot of Bens), Nick Hicks, Chris Moorman, Alex Zeligman, Fraser Bellamy, Jake Cody, Martins Adeniya, Aurelien Guiglini, Sam Razavi, Pratik Ghatge and possibly one or two more.

WSOP48 - $1500 Seven Card Stud, 327 entrants, Day 1 of 3
    With 40 to be paid, the 77 returning players still have work to do to even min-cash, but few of them will be thinking about that and will have their eyes on the $112591 first prize and that bracelet.

Brandon Taylor leads a very US-Heavy leaderboard ahead of Jean Gaspard & Bruce Pacquette, with Eli Elezra having had another good day in 4th.

Deon Bowes is top Brit (even if the WSOP is flagging him from Guatemala) compensated for by Yuriy Rassamakin from Ukraine being shown as British.

Also still in Allen Cunningham, Huck Seed, Barry Greenstein, Todd Brunson, Daniel Negreanu & Perry Friedman

To Start Today
    WSOP49 - $1500 Pot Limit Omaha8 or better (so we should see Tikay in action) 3 Day Event
    WSOP50 - $10K Limit Hold'Em Championship (3 Day Event)

• edited June 2015
    Barny live stream now running.

DJ Buckley just bust by Barny, last American gone and we are down to 4.

$150K now locked up

• edited June 2015
    Diotte crippled with his AK can't hold up against Houri's AQ

Then a few hands later Diotte goes all in with 6s, called by Houri's 8s and can't improve

Down to 3 Aptmann 6.7m. Boatman 5.1m Houri 2.5m

All at least will pick up $204K
  • edited June 2015
    Nice pic of our Tikay on the Event 49 thread.
  • edited June 2015

WSOP42 - $1500 Extended Play NLH, 1914 entrants, Day 4 of 4

For what seems line the umpteenth time this month, a British player runs extremely deep but just can't get over the finish line. Barny Boatman finished third (after briefly holding the chip lead) with an European Top 3, German Adrian Apmann takes the bracelet and over $478K, with Frenchman Yehoram Houri the runner-up for $297K. He is making a habit of second placed finishes (the French Simon Deadman?) as he also has second twice in EPT events.

The three-handed action went on for hours and hours, Barny eventually busting 3rd and collecting $204K

WSOP44 - $50K Poker Players Championship, 84 entrants, Day 4 of 5

David "ODB" Baker leads the 6 man FT or the prestigious PPC, ahead of two players who only bought in just before the start of Day 2, Mike Gorodinsky & Chris Klodnicki.

The last British hope, former winner Matthew Ashton, was the first man out inside the cash, 12th place earning him $87K.

WSOP45 - $1500 NLH, 1655 entrants, Day 3 of 3
    I've almost got "Another tournament that needs an extra fourth day" ready to copy & paste so frequent has it been at this year's series, and here we are again.

They did really try to get it done, but the heads up match will roll over as a match between Upeshka Dasilva from Katy, Texas and Dara O'Kearney from Dublin, Ireland. Unfortunately the Irishman will start Day 4 with almost a 5:1 chip deficit.

WSOP46 - $3000 PLO 6 Max, 682 entrants, Day 3 of 3
    "Another tournament that needs an extra fourth day" - see!
    This one has four players fighting it out - two Americans (Nipun Java, chip leader and Numit Agrawal, shortie) with two Euros (Austria's Andreas Fruend and Belarussian Vasili Firsau) sandwiched in between.

WSOP47 - $2500 NLH, 1244 entrants, Day 2 of 3
    Some prospect of British progress in this one, with 5 of the 41 making Day 3 sporting the Union Flag on the chip counts page. Of the 5, Simon Deadman (aiming to go one better than his runner-up finish earlier in the series) is best placed, lying 5th overnight.

Stu Rutter is having an excellent time throught the series, and he's more or less in midfield, and near the bottom lie Sergi Reixach, Ben Vinson & Sidney Hasson.

They've all got to catch Israeli player Timur Margolin, with Italian Raghav Bansal with Brazilian bracelet holder Andre Akkari in 3rd. Former ME winner Carlos Mortensen is also still in, along with Phil Hellmuth, Barry Shulman & Andy Black.

Looks like this one is going to be fun to follow, even if it does get overshadowed by the PPC. I wouldn't be surprised if I don't have to start the write-up tomorrow for this one with "
    "Another tournament that needs an extra fourth day"

WSOP48 - $1500 Seven Card Stud, 327 entrants, Day 2 of 3
    Pretty sure this one won't need extending, with only 8 players left to come back for Day 3.

אלי אלעזרא or Eli Elezra to you and me only wins bracelets in Odd years and has a fantastic opportunity to add his 3rd as he is Day 2 chip leader.

Two lesser known players, Kenn Wittock & Gylbert Drolet lie 2nd & 3rd with another multiple bracelet winner Allen Cunningham in 4th.

WSOP49 - $1500 Pot Limit Omaha8 or better, 815 entrants, Day 1 of 3
    The first thing to note is the field size - down almost 20% on last year's 991. Tikay's advertised presence scared a few away.

Of those who did turn up, 162 made it through the day, unfortunately our hero not among them. Bryce Yockey, who could well be the *$^*£@$£* who knocked Tikay out is the chip leader, after not even starting playing until the dinner break. Tikay had probably been folding for 6 hours by then.

The man with more Y's in his name than should be legal, has 155K chips with Anthony Piazza on 138K & James Horsbrough on 135K his closest challengers.

We have a Brit inside the Top 10, Charles Carrel lies 7th, Richard Ashby is still in as are Jeffrey Duval and Roddy Morrison. Max Pescatori is going for yet another bracelet, and I can also see the Prince of Docness, Chris Bjorin, Galen Hall, Erik Seidel, John Monnette, George Danzer, Eric Baldwin & the surprisingly quiet so far Vanessa Selbst in the overnight chip listings.

WSOP50 - $10K Limit Hold'Em Championship (3 Day Event)
    117 players who've got nothing better to do than spend $10K to play Limit Hold'em for (hopefully) 3 days got involved in Event 50, and 74 are still going entering the second day.

Yegor Tsurikov appears to the biggest of the big stacks, despite the Updates thread giving that honour to Anthony Zinno (sounds more like a character from "Grease" than a poker player).

British players don't tend to do much in Limt Hold'em events, but Jared Abrahams has had a good Day 1 and lies inside the Top 5, and Talal Shakerchi is also present, a couple of thousand chips below halfway.

To start today
    WSOP51 - $3k NLH 6-max (3 Day Event)
    WSOP52 - $1500 Dealers Choice (3 Day Event)