You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Collusion - Our Approach

edited April 2015 in Poker Chat

Hi all

We just wanted to repeat previous messages about cases of collusion, especially in light of some questions we have been asked recently.

First of all, we want to reiterate that we take cases of collusion very seriously and investigate anything reported to us to the fullest extent we can. We also take action against players where collusion is proven, to protect the integrity of the games on Sky Poker.

Without giving too much away, we actively monitor for collusion and have people and systems to do this. Obviously we cannot share too much on this in the interest of ensuring that the above runs smoothly. However, we would say that from time to time, we also rely on information from people who report things to us to either suggest something potentially suspicious (that might merit further investigations) or to give us proof that they might have.

Of course, the best form of proof is the data and information we have accessible ourselves so we rely on that the most. Unfortunately, not all external information, such as that on social media can be verified as being 100% legitimate and undoctored. A simple accusation on social media for example, is not enough to act upon.

So what should you do if you suspect collusion? - simple really, please contact our customer care team in the first instance and they will pass the information on to the relevant team to investigate further.

So you know, we do not normally instantly ban or suspend people who have been accused of cheating and very much work on an 'innocent until proven guilty' basis. Also, we do not disclose these accusations or resulting actions in public. Why? - well because that is fairest course of action.

Imagine a situation where someone had a grudge against a player and wanted to make unfounded accusations. Would it be fair to instantly ban that person? Mostly not. We also wouln't say, "We are investigating 'Joe Bloggs' for collusion", that would generally be unfair too.

It is not uncommon for people to say ‘why haven’t Sky done anything about x?’. Well most of the time we have but cannot discuss individual cases publically.

We treat each case on its merits and not all are black & white. However, to reiterate the point above all are taken seriously and any cases that are proven, we take action on.

We hope you've found this useful. We can answer questions, without going into specific cases as mentioned above.

Thanks

Sky Poker

Comments

• edited April 2015

What sort of timescales are we looking at for an investigation to be completed and how does this work with funds being withdrawn? If someone is suspected are they still allowed to withdraw funds? 

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Collusion - Our Approach:

What is the process if the person/people in question admits collusion to you directly via CC or via your own forum (even if it's later deleted or retracted )?

This is a general question and not related to any specific cases. 
  • edited April 2015

I understand why you felt the need to open this thread, Sky Employee, but I’m sure you understood when you did it would be followed by a worm-filled can of questions that you realistically would not be able to answer on an open forum.

Still, kudos for the effort, and I hope it is resolved promptly and we can get back to why most of us are here, without the bitter taste – to enjoy the game that we all love.

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach:
    In Response to Collusion - Our Approach : What is the process if the person/people in question admits collusion to you directly via CC or via your own forum (even if it's later deleted or retracted )? This is a general question and not related to any specific cases. 
    Posted by EdgeSortin

So who is the real edge
    when he doesn't have a fascination with collusion
    peeps might treat you with more respect if you engaged with the community in general and didn't come across just as a trouble maker

• edited April 2015
    Whys my name been dragged into this.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach:
    Posted by MrJoeBlogs
    lmao :)
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by MrJoeBlogs
    No smoke without fire - I'll be watching you
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by MrJoeBlogs
    haha Genius!
  • edited April 2015
    I understand why you felt the need to open this thread, Sky Employee, but I’m sure you understood when you did it would be followed by a worm-filled can of questions that you realistically would not be able to answer on an open forum.   Still, kudos for the effort, and I hope it is resolved promptly and we can get back to why most of us are here, without the bitter taste – to enjoy the game that we all love.
    Posted by Slipwater
    +1
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : No smoke without fire - I'll be watching you
    Posted by Phantom66

See what you've done now Sky Poker, I have a Phantom stalker.
  • edited April 2015
    Hi all,

Thanks for the questions, there have been some valid queries raised and will get around to providing responses for these soon.

Thanks.

• edited April 2015
    comment of the day mr joe bloggs ha
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to  Re: Collusion - Our Approach : So who is the real edge when he doesn't have a fascination with collusion peeps might treat you with more respect if you engaged with the community in general and didn't come across just as a trouble maker
    Posted by GELDY
    +1
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to  Re: Collusion - Our Approach : So who is the real edge when he doesn't have a fascination with collusion peeps might treat you with more respect if you engaged with the community in general and didn't come across just as a trouble maker
    Posted by GELDY
    Hi Geldy, I do not feel that this is the correct thread for general chat regarding myself for reasons I will expand on shortly however given that I have been reading this forum for many years and am a fan of your ascorbic wit I shall indulge you somewhat for a moment.

The real EDGE is a general punter who is a fan of poker and is a keen contributor to poker forums (7k+ posts on an established and non site specific forum) however the context of my offerings are pretty much always concerning members cheating on Poker Sites. These are not limited to Collusion but also include Multi Accounting, Ghosting, Bots and pretty much anything else that seems dodgy. I will add that I am a vehement defender of any site that faces these issues head on and fights to defend the integrity of online poker so Sky's post today was very welcomed.

As you quite rightly mention I am a new poster to the forum but this is because until recently there hasn't been many substantiated claims regarding this site so I haven't had reason to get involved. Please note that general forum whining wouldn't make me post so yes I have seen lots of "Sky is rigged" posts on here over the years but I assumed that 99% are just losing punters that are blowing off steam. I have read back and saw the posts regarding the collusion during the 6max promo that someone mentioned on a previous thread I posted on but I must have missed that. This thread was opened by Sky Staff to explain again their collusion policy, I simply asked a generalized question Geldy. Should any cases active or concluded in some way seem similar to what I asked then I can assure you that it is purely coincidental and I apologies if I offended you in any way.

Interestingly you label me as a trouble maker, I am quite astonished at this as I am a new poster to the forum who has (and it is very easy to check given Sky's My Profile section) only made fair points and raised general questions regarding a subject that I assumed was a blot on the industry that we love. Posts like mine on other mainstream forums are championed as it is assumed that promoting fair play and wanting sites to do all they can top outlaw cheating is the end game for us all, this is as far from Trouble Making as it gets and to say that these kind of posts do not gain you respect on the Sky forum is quite troubling.

Anyway as I said at the start I feel that a very serious post from Sky's own hands has already been met with humorous derailment and "Banter". I know that 99% of threads on the site go that way but out of respect to Sky and the subject matter being discussed I would have hoped that this post is treated with the respect it deserves. Cheating in poker is NO laughing matter and affects us all.
  • edited April 2015

I actually find sky's post here complete c**p, I made them aware of someone multi accounting a good while back, I offered them copies of the facebook chat. There was a lot more than has appeared in the recent controversy but they didn't want to look at it..... it appears the only way to get any response on these things is to make them public and name names but then you run the risk of being accused of being a troll or causing trouble.... no win no win.... 

Whilst I'm completely on board with the points made about not naming players publicly because of the danger of even one innocent person being accused by mistake or design there seems to be a general feeling that sky are brushing a lot of these complaints under the carpet or not doing enough in enforcing their own rules... 
    and given my experience I'm definitely one who feels that way

As sky have said copies of facebook chat is open to being doctored but to not even ask to look at it make a joke of the above statement from sky...  sky seem to have more interest in keeping the few players they have regardless and not looking after the interests of the honest ones.....  

• edited April 2015

This issue has gone way beyond this forum and is now being covered on several websites. It needs to be resolved quickly.

• edited April 2015
    This issue has gone way beyond this forum and is now being covered on several websites. It needs to be resolved quickly.
    Posted by BigBluster
    I would say fairly, rather than quickly.
  • edited April 2015
    This issue that you are referring to - 1 of the party has been suspended, the other account still seems live.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : Hi Geldy, I do not feel that this is the correct thread for general chat regarding myself for reasons I will expand on shortly however given that I have been reading this forum for many years and am a fan of your ascorbic wit I shall indulge you somewhat for a moment. The real EDGE is a general punter who is a fan of poker and is a keen contributor to poker forums (7k+ posts on an established and non site specific forum) however the context of my offerings are pretty much always concerning members cheating on Poker Sites. These are not limited to Collusion but also include Multi Accounting, Ghosting, Bots and pretty much anything else that seems dodgy. I will add that I am a vehement defender of any site that faces these issues head on and fights to defend the integrity of online poker so Sky's post today was very welcomed. As you quite rightly mention I am a new poster to the forum but this is because until recently there hasn't been many substantiated claims regarding this site so I haven't had reason to get involved. Please note that general forum whining wouldn't make me post so yes I have seen lots of "Sky is rigged" posts on here over the years but I assumed that 99% are just losing punters that are blowing off steam. I have read back and saw the posts regarding the collusion during the 6max promo that someone mentioned on a previous thread I posted on but I must have missed that. This thread was opened by Sky Staff to explain again their collusion policy, I simply asked a generalized question Geldy. Should any cases active or concluded in some way seem similar to what I asked then I can assure you that it is purely coincidental and I apologies if I offended you in any way. Interestingly you label me as a trouble maker, I am quite astonished at this as I am a new poster to the forum who has (and it is very easy to check given Sky's My Profile section) only made fair points and raised general questions regarding a subject that I assumed was a blot on the industry that we love. Posts like mine on other mainstream forums are championed as it is assumed that promoting fair play and wanting sites to do all they can top outlaw cheating is the end game for us all, this is as far from Trouble Making as it gets and to say that these kind of posts do not gain you respect on the Sky forum is quite troubling. Anyway as I said at the start I feel that a very serious post from Sky's own hands has already been met with humorous derailment and "Banter". I know that 99% of threads on the site go that way but out of respect to Sky and the subject matter being discussed I would have hoped that this post is treated with the respect it deserves. Cheating in poker is NO laughing matter and affects us all.
    Posted by EdgeSortin
    Nice to see you've added some detail to your profile.

EdgeSortin and Crockford ...................You're not Phil Ivey are you? :-)
  • edited April 2015
    While i respect privacy i think theres been a number of high profile cases in the past year of various incidents of colluding to multiaccounting. 

While i know some of the most recent case which i believe is why this thread has been brought up and i have my opinion on it i wont go into it. 

But while theres a previous incident where someone tweeted they won a main (think it might have been roller but not 100%) that tweet was re-tweeted by urselfs at sky poker, and the twitter account linked to a different sky poker alias. Its very difficult to trust the system when you then see this player still kicking around. 
  • edited April 2015
    This issue that you are referring to - 1 of the party has been suspended, the other account still seems live.
    Posted by samantha25

Hi Sam - sorry, but we have made it clear that we are not going to discuss specific cases.
  • edited April 2015
    What sort of timescales are we looking at for an investigation to be completed and how does this work with funds being withdrawn? If someone is suspected are they still allowed to withdraw funds? 
    Posted by MattBates
    Hi Matt

It genuinely depends on the case and the many factors associated with it. No two cases are the same.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Collusion - Our Approach : What is the process if the person/people in question admits collusion to you directly via CC or via your own forum (even if it's later deleted or retracted )? This is a general question and not related to any specific cases. 
    Posted by EdgeSortin
    We'd deal with it on the information we have available on a case by case basis.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : Hi Sam - sorry, but we have made it clear that we are not going to discuss specific cases.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Ok - I understand you can't comment on "specific cases" - but in general then - is it at least accepted that collusion isn't usually a solo sport?  (unless multi accounting of course!).  I mean you can't collude by talking to yourself and giving yourself information surely?  I haven't seen a specific case mentioned  - but now I'm also curious as to know whether one party to collusion can be suspended but the other party not affected?  
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by MrJoeBlogs
    Ha, nice one.

Anyway the (hypothetical) Joe Bloggs we used had two Gs  ;)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : I would say fairly, rather than quickly.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Hi Slipwater (and BigBluster) - ideally both quickly and fairly. However, fairly is indeed imperative.
  • edited April 2015
    While i respect privacy i think theres been a number of high profile cases in the past year of various incidents of colluding to multiaccounting.  While i know some of the most recent case which i believe is why this thread has been brought up and i have my opinion on it i wont go into it.  But while theres a previous incident where someone tweeted they won a main (think it might have been roller but not 100%) that tweet was re-tweeted by urselfs at sky poker, and the twitter account linked to a different sky poker alias. Its very difficult to trust the system when you then see this player still kicking around. 
    Posted by The_Don90

Hi Don - again, as you said, it's not possible to discuss cases but that is a different subject by the sounds of it. That said. one that we take equally seriously.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited April 2015
    Posts like mine on other mainstream forums are championed as it is assumed that promoting fair play and wanting sites to do all they can top outlaw cheating is the end game for us all, this is as far from Trouble Making as it gets and to say that these kind of posts do not gain you respect on the Sky forum is quite troubling. Anyway as I said at the start I feel that a very serious post from Sky's own hands has already been met with humorous derailment and "Banter". I know that 99% of threads on the site go that way but out of respect to Sky and the subject matter being discussed I would have hoped that this post is treated with the respect it deserves. Cheating in poker is NO laughing matter and affects us all.
    Posted by EdgeSortin
    Exactly
    And most of all it affects those of us who are regular Sky Poker mtt players. We are the peeps affected by this, and most wanting to have it stamped out. We don't really need others posting on our behalf tyvm. so thanks for your reply. your sentiments may be noble but they are somewhat misplaced. 
  • edited April 2015
    Sky Poker, I have more than a few concerns; I'm going to be sending you a PM, probably later tonight but if not then tomorrow morning, if you can keep an eye out for it please.

Thank you.
  • edited April 2015
    Posted by samantha25
    Lol