You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Collusion - Our Approach

Comments

• edited April 2015
    alongside which it pains me to say 
    you are merely a thorn 
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach:
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : allegedly there are peeps in your team that would rather i was fried deep fried for a long time so no cooking for me not even poaching 
    Posted by GELDY
    boiled alive is the vote :)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : boiled alive is the vote :)
    Posted by samantha25
    There was a vote? How ridiculous.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : Hi RLT16 - each case is different really but in the instance of collusion, each game where it is proven is dealt with as we've said before. Colluding once, for example, doesnt necessarily mean you've done it in every game afterwards (or before).  However, it is fair to say that when collusion is proven, that specific players gameplay in other games will come under greater scrutiny, especially in instances where they are playing with their fellow colluder(s).  Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    I think it's fair to say that most people have seen the proof from a certain case all over other media sites.
    But as the screenshots are not from the sky chat box. It has conveniently been deemed inadmissible..
    Shame on this site......with players going to prison recently over higher scales of fraud I don't think this is going to go away until its independently looked at....I.e.gaming commission?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : I think it's fair to say that most people have seen the proof from a certain case all over other media sites. But as the screenshots are not from the sky chat box. It has conveniently been deemed inadmissible.. Shame on this site......with players going to prison recently over higher scales of fraud I don't think this is going to go away until its independently looked at....I.e.gaming commission?
    Posted by mrsmarley
    what's your problem!!!
    sky have said they are looking into it
    give them a chance
    just because the general public are able to decide everything in a nanosecond doesn't mean SkyPoker should
    i'm 100% sure they will get this sorted correctly, as they have all the info we do, and plenty more
    and it would be nice if peeps stopped smearing sky while they get on with it

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : Where are the screen shots from?
    Posted by -Typhoon-

there is screenshots of facebook chat... could be edited/could be defo not.

yet if one is banned, why not the other... and as mrsmarley says... it will not be buried easy! I, for one, will speak my mind, even if I get myself banned in the process. Altho, that would be absurd, someone getting banned over an opinion over colluding.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : Geldy, the problem here is one account banned the other free to roam/play/collude.... pls quote me before this disappears ;)
    Posted by samantha25
    no doubt one situation is more complicated to deal with than the other one
    but you're right addressing both at the same time would maybe have been more diplomatic
    but just because the final details of the punishment hasn't been determined yet doesn't mean we should start having a go at sky - it is our home after all - wait until the verdict - then if you don't like it fine complain about it - and no-one has said anything about burying it - i'm sure it's just a case of waiting for due process

• edited April 2015
    Problem with this collusion claim is that it's claimed that people at sky knew about it and took little or no action at all and is only because the blackmailer guy / gal started posting screen shots that it became something sky had to sort out. 

Personally I would keep all opinions to ones self - just a look at pocket 5's or a search in a search engiene shows you the real problem. People questioning the collusion policy now is too little too late. Any comments sky make are being blasted around te various poker forums so do everyone at sky a favour and leave it alone. 

Brave making this thread - I think a knee jerk reaction and best closed as no good can come from it.

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : there is screenshots of facebook chat... could be edited/could be defo not. yet if one is banned, why not the other... and as mrsmarley says... it will not be buried easy! I, for one, will speak my mind, even if I get myself banned in the process. Altho, that would be absurd, someone getting banned over an opinion over colluding.
    Posted by samantha25
    Facebook chat?  What type of screen shot are they, they don't look very clear. 

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : what's your problem!!! sky have said they are looking into it give them a chance just because the general public are able to decide everything in a nanosecond doesn't mean SkyPoker should i'm 100% sure they will get this sorted correctly, as they have all the info we do, and plenty more and it would be nice if peeps stopped smearing sky while they get on with it
    Posted by GELDY
    No need to shout.....my problem is,there has been accusations of cheating and screenshots as proof.
    One guy is now banned and the other is on other forums basically saying he is innocent and it is now in the past and time to move on....and sky seem to be going along with this
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : what's your problem!!! sky have said they are looking into it give them a chance just because the general public are able to decide everything in a nanosecond doesn't mean SkyPoker should i'm 100% sure they will get this sorted correctly, as they have all the info we do, and plenty more and it would be nice if peeps stopped smearing sky while they get on with it
    Posted by GELDY
    P.s sky have,according to both players known about this for six weeks,a tad longer than a nanosecond.

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : Facebook chat?  What type of screen shot are they, they don't look very clear. 
    Posted by -Typhoon-
    They look pretty conclusive imo.
    This is my last post on this thread.
    Anyone in the know will know that there's been certain"tensions" between certain teams.
    Now one member of these teams has been caught cheating so blames it on the other team trying to catch him out.
    My opinion is he cheated,got caught,and members of the other team pounced on this fact.
    Still cheating though......
    Good luck all
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : They look pretty conclusive imo. This is my last post on this thread. Anyone in the know will know that there's been certain"tensions" between certain teams. Now one member of these teams has been caught cheating so blames it on the other team trying to catch him out. My opinion is he cheated,got caught,and members of the other team pounced on this fact. Still cheating though...... Good luck all
    Posted by mrsmarley
    Thank the Lord we got your opinion on the matter, huh?

This should never be about teams, and I really hope it isn't this time either. It should be about honesty and integrity, regardless of which team you 'play' for. Teams are supposed to inspire a little friendly rivalry, not bitterness and segregation. Underhanded, immoral tactics should never be used, and I don't care which team I'm on or which team the players at my table are on - half the time I don't even know.

This is supposed to be fun: let's try and keep it that way.
  • edited April 2015

Hi

Whilst we appreciate people's interest in this subject, please remember our OP.

Also, please avoid speculation or rumours about what may or may not be the situation on specific cases. We know the facts and what is being done but as we have said previously, we cannot discuss individual cases.

Again, we deal with all cases of collusion and are based on all the facts and information we have, impartially too. As a result, we're confident correct resolutions are made as often as possible.

One final request please. It's clear that some of the people on this thread have different opinions to each other and that might spark arguments, please try to keep this friendly wherever possible.

Thank you and have a good evening everyone.

Sky Poker
  • edited April 2015
    Hi Whilst we appreciate people's interest in this subject, please remember our OP. Also, please avoid speculation or rumours about what may or may not be the situation on specific cases. We know the facts and what is being done but as we have said previously, we cannot discuss individual cases. Again, we deal with all cases of collusion and are based on all the facts and information we have, impartially too. As a result, we're confident correct resolutions are made as often as possible. One final request please. It's clear that some of the people on this thread have different opinions to each other and that might spark arguments, please try to keep this friendly wherever possible. Thank you and have a good evening everyone. Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker

Geldy - he said it's yr round :)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : Thank the Lord we got your opinion on the matter, huh? This should never be about teams , and I really hope it isn't this time either. It should be about honesty and integrity, regardless of which team you 'play' for. Teams are supposed to inspire a little friendly rivalry, not bitterness and segregation. Underhanded, immoral tactics should never be used, and I don't care which team I'm on or which team the players at my table are on - half the time I don't even know. This is supposed to be fun: let's try and keep it that way.
    Posted by Slipwater

says the man who dreams of a team transfer ;)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : They look pretty conclusive imo. This is my last post on this thread. Anyone in the know will know that there's been certain"tensions" between certain teams. Now one member of these teams has been caught cheating so blames it on the other team trying to catch him out. My opinion is he cheated,got caught,and members of the other team pounced on this fact. Still cheating though...... Good luck all
    Posted by mrsmarley
    I just dont think they look like any sort of screen shot. More like something that's been photo copied to much. Try taking a screen shot yourself and see what it looks like. Nothing like whats being posted. Or am i missing something?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : Thank the Lord we got your opinion on the matter, huh? This should never be about teams , and I really hope it isn't this time either. It should be about honesty and integrity, regardless of which team you 'play' for. Teams are supposed to inspire a little friendly rivalry, not bitterness and segregation. Underhanded, immoral tactics should never be used, and I don't care which team I'm on or which team the players at my table are on - half the time I don't even know. This is supposed to be fun: let's try and keep it that way.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Now you've made me post again dammit......thanks for YOUR opinion but surely you aren't going to save much fun wether you are in a team or not if you have no confidence in getting to play on a level playing field?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : I just dont think they look like any sort of screen shot. More like something that's been photo copied to much. Try taking a screen shot yourself and see what it looks like. Nothing like whats being posted. Or am i missing something?
    Posted by -Typhoon-
    You can kid yourself that they are fake if you like.i know what they look like..
    Surprised the "I've been hacked" excuse hasn't arisen yet.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : Now you've made me post again dammit......thanks for YOUR opinion but surely you aren't going to save much fun wether you are in a team or not if you have no confidence in getting to play on a level playing field?
    Posted by mrsmarley
    I didn't offer my opinion, Bob - I simply disregarded yours.

I have every confidence that the matter will be resolved. Do you hang about outside courthouses with your picket sign as well?
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : You can kid yourself that they are fake if you like.i know what they look like.. Surprised the "I've been hacked" excuse hasn't arisen yet.
    Posted by mrsmarley
    I've not said anything about anything being fake. You may well be kidding yourself if you think they look like a sceen shot. Which why I asked the question. 
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : I didn't offer my opinion, Bob - I simply disregarded yours. I have every confidence that the matter will be resolved. Do you hang about outside courthouses with your picket sign as well?
    Posted by Slipwater

do you disregard mine for instance?
    long standing site member
    no reason for grudges
    plays week in week out, with zero "sort it out sky" posts

• edited April 2015
    I am fairly new to sky poker, I frequent many forums, I feel that this story is starting to steamroll and gather a little pace.  I have already read quite a few threads over a few forums with this story, IMO the way that this has been handled is abysmal to say the least.  Whatever reason or whatever stake, does not matter cheating is cheating! The evidence is there for all to see. If I was the victim of collusion then I would want whoever is responsible to not only be banned but receive a heavier penalty and a more thorough investigation by somebody other than those hoping to keep their respectability intact.  I understand that this is not the first time that collusion has been proven on the forum without the sky poker team getting there first, with many forum members doing the investigation for them. I have had a few dealings with the cc team and found them to be very helpfull, so please don't take this as a " I hate sky poker"  I just don't like how 1 player can still be allowed to play after the evidence and admittance. Its quite easy to collude in poker through various messenger sites, it cannot be stopped but once proven I think that serious actions must be taken.
    Posted by lovelyrach

grinder

Re: Sky Poker Collusion - Why no action?

cashed out all of my Sky roll today. If collusion between "teams" is permitted just so long as they don't admit it , i'm not going to continue to play there .Cash out guys , its the only message that is going to get sky management to take notice.
    Looking at other poker forums , peeps seem to be clearing out their bankrolls on skypoker .

• edited April 2015
    my posts are vanishing again :)
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : I didn't offer my opinion, Bob - I simply disregarded yours. I have every confidence that the matter will be resolved. Do you hang about outside courthouses with your picket sign as well?
    Posted by Slipwater
    You indeed gave an opinion about my opinion....Bob?...don't get it...
  • edited April 2015
    my posts are vanishing again :)
    Posted by samantha25
    be thankful
  • edited April 2015

Hi everyone, please refrain from getting into personal arguments.

It really doesnt help the thread or discussing the subject in question.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited April 2015
    Hi everyone, please refrain from getting into personal arguments. It really doesnt help the thread or discussing the subject in question. Thanks Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Why was my post deleted?

• edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : Why was my post deleted?
    Posted by lovelyrach

i guess you breached the forum t&cs

The following are examples of posts that would undoubtedly be subject to some form of moderation:

* Comments that can be construed to question Sky Poker's integrity, game fairness, security or random number generation.
  • edited April 2015
    In Response to Re: Collusion - Our Approach : I've not said anything about anything being fake. You may well be kidding yourself if you think they look like a sceen shot. Which why I asked the question. 
    Posted by -Typhoon-
    That probably because they are screenshots from screenshots from screenshots from.....
    I'm sure sky will have original shots though that they can verify from hand times coinciding with times of posts....