You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Build a Bankroll

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Build a Bankroll:
    Cheers Penguin7. the tourny wins were a long time ago i struggle these days, I find I always go out on a 60/40 spot where i get my chips in ahead, but then again im not blaming bad luck to my results as i know varience swings in round abouts. i currently am only using one card as the other one is an old card. roulette is very bad yes i dont like it tbf just enjoy a flutter now and then. congratulations on your BR thats where i would like to be, to boost my wage as im currently in a really bad job lol.
    Posted by ginge999
    Same here m8, my pay is so bad, Ive gone part time now and only worked 3 days since xmas. Now that does put pressure on my game !!
    Plug away at those tournys. Play at a comfortable buyin,experiment with your game a bit, and when you do build a decent stack, scare the hell out of them ! And always use the button well, position is key.
  • edited January 2010
    Having been on the Old King Cole for a year now, I find it impossible to build a proper bankroll. Every time I get it up to a decent level another bill comes along necessitating a withdrawal.

I can usually spin a fiver up to three figures in a few days (usually on DYMs and the odd cheap MTT) and this is really annoying. By rights my roll should be up in the four figure mark.

Wait 'till I get a job though, then I'll be after you all!!!!

• edited January 2010
    Starting roll £20 built from freerolls. Currently at £125 - looking to use a promotion via sky to get £10 on top for free for 7 days play. Will be looking to grind at 4p cash (perhaps the odd shot at 8p / 10p) and get up to £150 by end of Feb 2010. I know this is not a massive roll but I would like to say that I have never gone bust since joining Sky 15 months ago... long haul grind but fun! :) Oh and this roll is completely separate from life expenses etc I will not even be considering withdrawing until I get to around £500+ Dave
    Posted by Grimstar30
    When did you start with ur £20 Grim? [how long it take to get to 125]

cheers
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Build a Bankroll : When did you start with ur £20 Grim? [how long it take to get to 125] cheers
    Posted by SDodger
    Was playing quite a lot around august - November last year, won quite a lot via free entry tournaments and just grinded on the cash.. I started on 30p dyms then to 60p then up, then when I got to about £80 I pushed on with 4p cash.

Use all ways you can to get access to shots to money - free comps etc... comp entries. This forum and Sky Rich provide a lot of opps.

Take care

Dave
  • edited January 2010
    Stake - 4NL

BR - £85.87 (+£0.48)

Had frustrating start today in first session dealt 10's in sb with usual 7 limpers so I decided to just make it up.  flop the set so think I'm pretty strong make a pot bet as board is flushing str8ning, gets folded round then some guy who covers me just shoves all-in, I inst call he shows flopped str8 which was pretty sick no FH so i'm down a BI. After that had a break then came back played usual game and managed to get double up with aces plus a bit more so a profit day overall not bad.
  • edited January 2010
    ok tom, with your £30 hit 4NL again, build it up to 100, withdraw £20 (so you can smile as you have locked away some profit :) ) and then move up to 8NL, build it up, withdraw a small sum and repeat... but dont ever play roulette... ever.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Totally agree with u Blackfish the amount of time i get my br up then get bored on the poker then do my nuts on the roulette feel like screaming
  • edited January 2010
    dont understand all this yet lol but £5 IN BR £48
  • edited February 2010
    Updated 1/2/10

Playing NL10

Up £202
  • edited February 2010
    BR - £123.42 (-£1.58)

Just sitting and leaking money at the moment, mainly as trying to get £10 promotion from Sky. Will be looking to hold the Roll at around £121-123, then get the £10 on the 8th Feb and then start to play proper poker again, rather than just sitting and getting the promotion unlocked.
  • edited February 2010
    BR - £123.42 (-£1.58) Just sitting and leaking money at the moment, mainly as trying to get £10 promotion from Sky. Will be looking to hold the Roll at around £121-123, then get the £10 on the 8th Feb and then start to play proper poker again, rather than just sitting and getting the promotion unlocked.
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Whats the £10 promotion? did i miss something?
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Build a Bankroll : Whats the £10 promotion? did i miss something?
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    he got a random email from sky about it, so nah you didnt miss anything.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Build a Bankroll : he got a random email from sky about it, so nah you didnt miss anything.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    So what there's a special promo where you had to be chosen to participate or somthing? I WANT A TENNER lol
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Build a Bankroll : So what there's a special promo where you had to be chosen to participate or somthing? I WANT A TENNER lol
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    lol grimstar just got a random email... so i guess we were unlucky and missed out.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Build a Bankroll : lol grimstar just got a random email... so i guess we were unlucky and missed out.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    I feel a "Wheres my Tenner promo" whinge thread coming on lol
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Build a Bankroll : I feel a "Wheres my Tenner promo" whinge thread coming on lol
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    lol! please start one.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Build a Bankroll : lol! please start one.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    Just one of those things! probably linked to the fact I hadn't played for a few weeks. Or completely random!

I have prob lost £3-4 while sitting at the tables anyway so not making a lot on this! haha

Tell you what some of the calls on 4p tables are loose, even with 3rd pair. My advice play ABC poker and these can be crushed.

ROLL: £123.03
  • edited February 2010
    -27.90 today.

Lost alot on 2 outers 99<33, and AA<66 where it's all been in on the flop and come on the turn/river.

Also had some massive outdraw where I was pot committed and got stacked.

Then some standard tilt spewing and runningbad.com until i called it a day :)
  • edited February 2010
    hello
    after taking the sage advice of Blackfish3 and donkeyplop have had a go ay DYM's. Done 5 £0.60 and cashed in all! Got close on one when I had 770 left, another had 800 odd and one went all in with 1500 and lost, so I cashed! Thanks guys!
    I won't mention the £0.30 DYM I tried and went out 5th!! That didn't happen! Denial is a wonderful thing!
  • edited February 2010
    hello after taking the sage advice of Blackfish3 and donkeyplop have had a go ay DYM's. Done 5 £0.60 and cashed in all! Got close on one when I had 770 left, another had 800 odd and one went all in with 1500 and lost, so I cashed! Thanks guys! I won't mention the £0.30 DYM I tried and went out 5th!! That didn't happen! Denial is a wonderful thing!
    Posted by walesboy
    The longest river in Africa, I believe ;o)
  • edited February 2010
    STAKE - 4NL
    ROLL - £108.94
    PROFIT - +28.94 (-£20 for the week)

Reach £160 by the end of the month
    Get 500 poker points this month
    Get on MasterCash
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: Build a Bankroll : Was playing quite a lot around august - November last year, won quite a lot via free entry tournaments and just grinded on the cash.. I started on 30p dyms then to 60p then up, then when I got to about £80 I pushed on with 4p cash. Use all ways you can to get access to shots to money - free comps etc... comp entries. This forum and Sky Rich provide a lot of opps. Take care Dave
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Sweet as, nice 1 Grim... Yea was doin the same really, grindin low cash n freerolls wenever [started my BR with one, 3rd - £20]... low dym's, on £1-2 now, have a good couple days then suffer a bad turn, start spewin [need to give it a rest when goes bad!!] 

Just come 5th in a velocity..  £73...[£1.20 sat entry].   give me a lil jump start...
  • edited February 2010
    BR: £384.33 +39.25 since last post (about a week ago)... i have no idea how i am up this week, might have something to with £25 bonus money lol. Ive been playing + running horribly. I need to step it up.
  • edited February 2010
    BR £87.92 (+£2.05)

Strangely started on £60 built up to £85 very quickly, but now just seem to be stuck lol. hopefully the outdraws ease off a little.
  • edited February 2010
    I've been spewing like a crazy mother the last few days. a bad beat or two and suddenly i just want to bluff every hand. Still up yesterday about 1buyin, but have recognised ALOT of spots i could of saved myself money...
  • edited February 2010
    I've been spewing like a crazy mother the last few days. a bad beat or two and suddenly i just want to bluff every hand. Still up yesterday about 1buyin, but have recognised ALOT of spots i could of saved myself money...
    Posted by Deadluck
    im exactly the same... if on the flop you with 2 of the same suit you get called, turn the third of that suit, check check, river they shove... 100% they have the flush... wow im a slow learner lol, its this sort of thing that i still need to get used to because hands play out differently to how they do in dyms. Just been through my hand history where i have lost 5+BBs over the last few days... went through every hand, wow what an eye opener... almost every pot i lost i made a mistake in. Very few actual outdraws/coolers where i couldn't get away, most the time i had the opportunity to get away but played it 2 poorly.
  • edited February 2010
    BR: £384.33 +39.25 since last post (about a week ago)... i have no idea how i am up this week, might have something to with £25 bonus money lol. Ive been playing + running horribly. I need to step it up.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    400 QUID!!!!! ULTRA WIMP!!!
  • edited February 2010
    +35.65 today.

progress after a few rubbish days :)
  • edited February 2010
    Sky bonus unlocked

BR £133 (+10) time to hit the cash tables on Sat and Sun, aiming to play quite nitty just to make 10% profit on each table, then stand.
  • edited February 2010
    very small session today (only 30min of 3 tables)

but ended up +1buyin

+11.63 today
    +239.30 total