You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Jordz16 Football betting 2015-16

Comments

• edited August 2015
    Also im adding Osman Sow at 25 e/w for top scorer, got 12 in 24 last year for Hearts, will be there main striker all season and scored 2 goals in their cup match last week, also hes 6 ft 4 and takes penalties so he should be a goal threat in every match.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Jordz16 Football betting 2015-16:
    Also im adding Osman Sow at 25 e/w for top scorer, got 12 in 24 last year for Hearts, will be there main striker all season and scored 2 goals in their cup match last week, also hes 6 ft 4 and takes penalties so he should be a goal threat in every match.
    Posted by jordz16
    Will he be taking penalties after missing one yesterday? 4 goals for Hearts, none for Sow - I run that badly also!
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Jordz16 Football betting 2015-16 : Will he be taking penalties after missing one yesterday? 4 goals for Hearts, none for Sow - I run that badly also!
    Posted by Eyeman

yeah the penalty miss was frustrating but having backed Hearts for the league w/o Celtic, then that was a very impressive performance, they could have easily had 7 or 8 goals out there, they obviously need to tighten up at the back but if they continue to create that many chances then the goals will come for Sow im sure
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Jordz16 Football betting 2015-16 : Foreign players playing for the first time in England often play well but rarely win you a top scorer bet. Even Diego Costa couldn't get PL top scorer in a Chelsea side. In fact I think Thierry Henry was the last player to top score in his debut season in England in the PL. In the Championship, no foreign player has top scored for over a decade. 14/15 Daryl Murphy 27 13/14 Ross McCormack 28 12/13 Glenn Murray 30 11/12 Rickie Lambert 27 10/11 Danny Graham 24 09/10 Nicky Maynard 20 08/09 Sylvan Ebanks Blake 25 07/08 Sylvan Ebanks Blake 23 06/07 Jamie Cureton 23 05/06 Marlon King 21 I just think there is too much risk attached to backing players with no track record although at 50/1, you might consider it a bit of a punt. There are enough proven goalscorers out there with Rhodes, Afobe, Bent, Martin, Murphy & McCormack that I doubt that he will get that close. Looking for a long shot, you could do worse than Adam Le Fondre depending on where he moves to at 50/1, Vokes (40/1) or Beckford (50/1).
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Foreign ;)

Good luck with your bets Jordan. Got a few on for the season myself, though will probably bang some more on before the weekend.

Got a weird feeling for both Bristol teams to do well, no idea why!
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Jordz16 Football betting 2015-16 : Foreign ;) Good luck with your bets Jordan. Got a few on for the season myself, though will probably bang some more on before the weekend. Got a weird feeling for both Bristol teams to do well, no idea why!
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    feel free to post them up mate!

yeah i fancy Bristol city to score a lot of goals, could challenge for the top 6 with a bit of luck... I backed Bristol Rovers for the conference title midway through last season and they through it away with 2 games left, so im probably too bitter to put any money on them this year.
  • edited August 2015
    Now my final ante post bets will be in my favourite market of all..

Each teams individual top scorers, i managed nearly 4 figures in profit from this market alone last year witha treble of Berahino, Benteke and Sakho at 55/1

First pick is a long shot, but i think there is big value.. Scott Sinclair, Aston Villa 25/1, hasnt done much in the last few years but i think tim sherwood is the kind of guy who can get the best out of him, even with the signings of Ayew and Gestede, i dont think they have anyone who will manage 15+ premier league goals, I think 10 goals could easily be enough and Sinclair is capable of getting that as I also think he may well be on penalties as Benteke has left and Sinclair used to take them at Swansea, and you can add to this that he scored a Hat-trick in their friendly at the weekend so I reckon he will be given the chance to prove himself in the league.

next is Chelsea, and im backing Hazard at 5/1. Of course Costa is their main source of goals but this week Mourinho admitted he has no idea when the striker will be back, i really cant see him playing more than 25 league games this year.. they have Falcao and Remy who i think both are capable of 10 goals but neither will get enough game time to get nearer the 20 that will be needed.... Whereas Hazard is rarely injured, takes penalties, and seems determined to score the amount of goals needed to bridge the gap between him and Ronaldo and Messi as the best players in the world.

now for Sunderland, Defoe is rightfully favourite at 10/11 and is most likely to be top scorer, but he is 33 next month and for a player who relies in this sharpness and turn of pace i think the goals may be hard to come by for him... I am backing Jeremain Lens at 9/1 he is a winger with an eye for goal,  he has a better than 1 goal in 3 starts strikerate at all 4 clubs he has been at and if he keeps that up at Sunderland then than would be 12/13 goals which i think would be comfortably enough, Sunderland arent a very creative side and I wouldnt be surprised if 8 league goals would be enough...

I am also doing a short price acca with 

Lukaku
    Rooney
    Deeney
    Sakho
    Kane

8/1 but to me they all look nailed on
  • edited August 2015
    I know you like an outside punt, so here's one for you.

Yaya Toure top PL scorer at 100/1 (few sites have those odds but not Skybet), great e/w shout IMO.

Reasoning.....

No African cup of nations thankfully!

Signing Delph (plus Fernando has shaken off the groin injury he was playing with for 5 months last season) means Toure should play pretty high up the pitch. At 32, he doesn't have the energy reserves to get forward and back all game, so Delph/Fernando/Fernandinho (2 of 3 will start most games) will do most of his legwork and Toure should loiter in the final third where he can be very useful.

Takes a mean free kick, plus is number 2 behind Aguero for penalties. Imagine how many free kicks in dangerous places the likes of Sterling, Silva, Nasri, Aguero etc will win when buzzing the ball about.

Toure starts nearly all the games, regardless of the opposition. Some players get rotated but rarely him.

He has a good eye for goal and isn't afraid to test the keeper from 20/30 yards. City score plenty of goals, and Yaya will chip in with a solid %age of these.

He had a poor year last season, but still scrapped into double figures. Season before he was on fire and got 20 in the PL; if he can rediscover that form he could match or better that figure. All the nonsense with the cake and his agent has blown over, and the indications are he will see out his career at City so he seems more settled than he has been in recent years. There have been very little rumours surrounding him this summer which makes a change!

Just to reiterate, no ACON :)

100/1 E/W could give you a nice sweat over the season.
  • edited August 2015
    I know you like an outside punt, so here's one for you. Yaya Toure top PL scorer at 100/1 (few sites have those odds but not Skybet), great e/w shout IMO. Reasoning..... No African cup of nations thankfully! Signing Delph (plus Fernando has shaken off the groin injury he was playing with for 5 months last season) means Toure should play pretty high up the pitch. At 32, he doesn't have the energy reserves to get forward and back all game, so Delph/Fernando/Fernandinho (2 of 3 will start most games) will do most of his legwork and Toure should loiter in the final third where he can be very useful. Takes a mean free kick, plus is number 2 behind Aguero for penalties. Imagine how many free kicks in dangerous places the likes of Sterling, Silva, Nasri, Aguero etc will win when buzzing the ball about. Toure starts nearly all the games, regardless of the opposition. Some players get rotated but rarely him. He has a good eye for goal and isn't afraid to test the keeper from 20/30 yards. City score plenty of goals, and Yaya will chip in with a solid %age of these. He had a poor year last season, but still scrapped into double figures. Season before he was on fire and got 20 in the PL; if he can rediscover that form he could match or better that figure. All the nonsense with the cake and his agent has blown over, and the indications are he will see out his career at City so he seems more settled than he has been in recent years. There have been very little rumours surrounding him this summer which makes a change! Just to reiterate, no ACON :) 100/1 E/W could give you a nice sweat over the season.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

go on then must be worth a cheeky fiver
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Jordz16 Football betting 2015-16 : go on then must be worth a cheeky fiver
    Posted by jordz16
    I owe you a fiver in May.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Jordz16 Football betting 2015-16 : I owe you a fiver in May.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

its fine my other winnings will cover it ;)
  • edited August 2015
    Am enjoying reading this thread and good luck with your bets..

At the start of the season I always look at first goalscoorer markets with strikers making their first few appearances for new clubs. Its always hard to know which players to stick with but I think three in particular are worth keeping an eye on.

RUDY GESTEDE - £6m signing for Aston Villla who travel to Bournemouth at the weekend. As things stand he is going to be their main striker, did well at Blackburn last season and is 8/1 to score first goal.

CHRISTIAN BENTEKE - Everyone knows about him, scored on his Liverpool debut in a preseason friendly against Swindon and will lead the line this campaign, especially with Sturridge still injured. Is a 9/2 shot for Liverpool's trip to Stoke where they will be keen to avenge the 5-1 shambles at the end of last season.

ALEKSANDER MITROVIC - Newcastle signed him for £13m and he had a good record with Anderlecht. Likely to be first choice striker ahead of Papa Cisse and is a 13/2 choice for home debut against Southampton.

Am putting these three in a small Lucky 15 for the weekend along with another new signing for the team I follow (Leciester City). Shinji Okasaki is one of Japan's all-time record goalscorers, has been playing well for Mainz in the German Bundesliga and has apparently done well in pre-season for Leicester scoring his first goal in a 3-2 comeback win against Birmingham City.

He cost about £7m but amazingly that doesnt guarantee him a place in the starting line up as City also have Ulljoa (£7m), Kramaric (£8m) Vardy (England international) and Nugent to choose from and none of us have any idea how Claudio 'Tinkerman' Ranieri is going to live up to his reputation!

There are others I'll be following including  Connor Wickham for Crystal Palace and Rickie Lambert for West Brom over the next few weeks.

• edited August 2015
    \i have to admit that is a market i normally leave well alone as i think its hard to make a long term profit, what i will say though is 8/1 for Gestede looks a very solid bet as he is great in the air, and Bournemouth two central defenders are very short (5 ft 10, 6ft 1) compared to Gestede at 6ft 4... so id be temoted to back him for first goal at that price...

i expect Benteke to do well, but im going to watch liverpool for a few games because i have no idea how they will play and if it will suit Bentekes game.

I havent seen anything of Mitrovic so i cant comment on him although Cisse was preferred up front in the final friendly game.

Leicester are very hard to predict, as you said Ulloa, Kramaric, Vardy, and Okazaki are all very different players but probably all about the same level of ability, so i think il watch and see for a few games, although i have a sneaky feeling Kramaric could come good if given the chance.

I hope Ricky Lambert does well as its hard not to like him and i think hes a great fir for West Brom.

I also follow Wickham's form as well as i played youth football against him for a few years (showing my inexperience here)
  • edited August 2015
    \i have to admit that is a market i normally leave well alone as i think its hard to make a long term profit, what i will say though is 8/1 for Gestede looks a very solid bet as he is great in the air, and Bournemouth two central defenders are very short (5 ft 10, 6ft 1) compared to Gestede at 6ft 4... so id be temoted to back him for first goal at that price... i expect Benteke to do well, but im going to watch liverpool for a few games because i have no idea how they will play and if it will suit Bentekes game. I havent seen anything of Mitrovic so i cant comment on him although Cisse was preferred up front in the final friendly game. Leicester are very hard to predict, as you said Ulloa, Kramaric, Vardy, and Okazaki are all very different players but probably all about the same level of ability, so i think il watch and see for a few games, although i have a sneaky feeling Kramaric could come good if given the chance. I hope Ricky Lambert does well as its hard not to like him and i think hes a great fir for West Brom. I also follow Wickham's form as well as i played youth football against him for a few years (showing my inexperience here)
    Posted by jordz16

I agree it's a market thats hard to make a long term profit on and I'm not going to claim I have because I'd be lying! It's just something I look at each season for the first few weeks and dip in and out of for small stakes during the season. Had a Lucky 15 with three correct and one NR (came on as sub after first goal scored) two seasons ago for about £150 but I'm only using small stakes so that was a nice win!
  • edited August 2015
    yeah i used to do something similar with the anytime goalscorer market....

i'd pick 3/4 in form players who were playing against teams who concede a lot of goals, you get odds from 8/1-40/1 depending on the players you are picking, i have had a few come in for big scores and ive also had a few months of baron spells too, but for a couple of quid i think it offers more value than your normal weekend acca.

feel free to post up your bets for the weekend once you have made them, would be good to see if someone on this thread can make a profit!
  • edited August 2015
    40/1 Cardiff for the championship 1/4 odds 1st 4 is Huuuuge with Sky...(33/1 best price elsewhere)

I'll give reasoning tomorrow when have more time :)

You can thank me in May !!
  • edited August 2015
    40/1 Cardiff for the championship 1/4 odds 1st 4 is Huuuuge with Sky...(33/1 best price elsewhere) I'll give reasoning tomorrow when have more time :) You can thank me in May !!
    Posted by goodylad21

have they got rid of Russell Slade then?? ;)

• edited August 2015
    Just put a full summary of my bets on my original post..

absolutely buzzing for the new season, hope everyones bets run well!
  • edited August 2015
  • edited August 2015
    Couldnt resist a bet tonight

Antonio anytime goal scorer   4/1

i think brightons defence might be very leaky this year
  • edited August 2015
    Sheff Wed look decent tomorrow at 5/4 home to Bristol City. Few new signings to spice things up, and I've read that City are struggling to even fill a subs bench and will have at least one kid/woman/bot on it.
  • edited August 2015
    Sheff Wed look decent tomorrow at 5/4 home to Bristol City. Few new signings to spice things up, and I've read that City are struggling to even fill a subs bench and will have at least one kid/woman/bot on it.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Derby, Sheff W and Wolves 14/1 sky bet special.... 
  • edited August 2015
    Jordz. Which firm allows team goalscorer bets ?? Struggling to find it pal :(
  • edited August 2015
    http://www.skybet.com/football/specials/arsenal-specials

there is a link, just got to click on each teams specials page and scroll half way down
  • edited August 2015
    Good shout Brrrrrrr with Gestede.
  • edited August 2015
    Am enjoying reading this thread and good luck with your bets.. At the start of the season I always look at first goalscoorer markets with strikers making their first few appearances for new clubs. Its always hard to know which players to stick with but I think three in particular are worth keeping an eye on. RUDY GESTEDE - £6m signing for Aston Villla who travel to Bournemouth at the weekend. As things stand he is going to be their main striker, did well at Blackburn last season and is 8/1 to score first goal. CHRISTIAN BENTEKE - Everyone knows about him, scored on his Liverpool debut in a preseason friendly against Swindon and will lead the line this campaign, especially with Sturridge still injured. Is a 9/2 shot for Liverpool's trip to Stoke where they will be keen to avenge the 5-1 shambles at the end of last season. ALEKSANDER MITROVIC - Newcastle signed him for £13m and he had a good record with Anderlecht. Likely to be first choice striker ahead of Papa Cisse and is a 13/2 choice for home debut against Southampton. Am putting these three in a small Lucky 15 for the weekend along with another new signing for the team I follow (Leciester City). Shinji Okasaki is one of Japan's all-time record goalscorers, has been playing well for Mainz in the German Bundesliga and has apparently done well in pre-season for Leicester scoring his first goal in a 3-2 comeback win against Birmingham City. He cost about £7m but amazingly that doesnt guarantee him a place in the starting line up as City also have Ulljoa (£7m), Kramaric (£8m) Vardy (England international) and Nugent to choose from and none of us have any idea how Claudio 'Tinkerman' Ranieri is going to live up to his reputation! There are others I'll be following including  Connor Wickham for Crystal Palace and Rickie Lambert for West Brom over the next few weeks.
    Posted by Brrrrrrr

Well i've got Gestede going onto Benteke and Mitrovic...Okazaki might not have scored today, but he sounded like he played really well and Leciester won so that's the main thing!!

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Jordz16 Football betting 2015-16 : Well i've got Gestede going onto Benteke and Mitrovic...Okazaki might not have scored today, but he sounded like he played really well and Leciester won so that's the main thing!!
    Posted by Brrrrrrr

nice one mate, cheers for the tip
  • edited August 2015
    Pretty good day so far, Great win for Wolves, and  a simply remarkable win for Gillingham (cant see them being 40/1 for much longer). luton drawing away from home is fine, Just need a Chelsea win now and that 20,000/1 acca is one weekend closer :P

Hearts are also top of the league which is happy days!!

only sour note was Reading losing away to Birmingham, but i just checked the stats and Reading had 20 shots to Birminghams 5, which is pretty insane variance, and gives me a lot of optimism for the coming weeks.
  • edited August 2015
    RUDY GESTEDE - £6m signing for Aston Villla who travel to Bournemouth at the weekend. As things stand he is going to be their main striker, did well at Blackburn last season and is 8/1 to score first goal.Lambert for West Brom over the next few weeks.
    Posted by Brrrrrrr

ty for this
    only a small bet but very nice

and ty jordz for the exttra info on it
  • edited August 2015
    I know you like an outside punt, so here's one for you. Yaya Toure top PL scorer at 100/1 (few sites have those odds but not Skybet), great e/w shout IMO. Reasoning..... No African cup of nations thankfully! Signing Delph (plus Fernando has shaken off the groin injury he was playing with for 5 months last season) means Toure should play pretty high up the pitch. At 32, he doesn't have the energy reserves to get forward and back all game, so Delph/Fernando/Fernandinho (2 of 3 will start most games) will do most of his legwork and Toure should loiter in the final third where he can be very useful. Takes a mean free kick, plus is number 2 behind Aguero for penalties. Imagine how many free kicks in dangerous places the likes of Sterling, Silva, Nasri, Aguero etc will win when buzzing the ball about. Toure starts nearly all the games, regardless of the opposition. Some players get rotated but rarely him. He has a good eye for goal and isn't afraid to test the keeper from 20/30 yards. City score plenty of goals, and Yaya will chip in with a solid %age of these. He had a poor year last season, but still scrapped into double figures. Season before he was on fire and got 20 in the PL; if he can rediscover that form he could match or better that figure. All the nonsense with the cake and his agent has blown over, and the indications are he will see out his career at City so he seems more settled than he has been in recent years. There have been very little rumours surrounding him this summer which makes a change! Just to reiterate, no ACON :) 100/1 E/W could give you a nice sweat over the season.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Great value at 100/1 each way. There are always one or two decent bets in top scorer markets if you shop around.
  • edited August 2015
    40/1 Cardiff for the championship 1/4 odds 1st 4 is Huuuuge with Sky...(33/1 best price elsewhere) I'll give reasoning tomorrow when have more time :) You can thank me in May !!
    Posted by goodylad21
    Can get 50/1 now, which is reasonable. Think I would have them at about 40/1 but I am struggling to find a reason why they can win it except that there is no outstanding team so there could be a long priced winner.