You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Jordz16 Football betting 2015-16

Comments

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Jordz16 Football betting 2015-16:
    In Response to Re: Jordz16 Football betting 2015-16 : go on then must be worth a cheeky fiver
    Posted by jordz16
    You owe me a finders fee.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Jordz16 Football betting 2015-16 : You owe me a finders fee.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

Looking good matey!

If you land De Bruyne do you still think Toure will be used in an advanced role? 
    Sterling, Silva, De Bruyne i reckon.

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Jordz16 Football betting 2015-16 : Looking good matey! If you land De Bruyne do you still think Toure will be used in an advanced role?  Sterling, Silva, De Bruyne i reckon.
    Posted by jordz16
    In all honesty I don't think we'll land KDB this summer, the transfer looks too complicated. Think it will only happen if he demands a move.

Should we sign him, I still think Toure will play quite high up the pitch for most games. He actually played quite deep for long spells last night with Delph being injured, but the general consensus is that he can't be 'trusted' in a midfield 2, and he doesn't have the engine to get forward and back these days.

I'm 99% certain that had Delph been fit, he would have partnered Fernandinho at the base of midfield, with Silva and Sterling flanking Bony, Toure just behind and Navas on the bench. If we land KDB, it's gonna be interesting to see how he's shoehorned into the starting XI....

Anyone know who got credited with the first goal last night? Seen conflicting reports and there are 3 feasible outcomes for it.

Ps, good start for your boys, always nice to see Arsenal get beat :) got that Payet in one of my FF teams, so far so good.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Jordz16 Football betting 2015-16 : In all honesty I don't think we'll land KDB this summer, the transfer looks too complicated. Think it will only happen if he demands a move. Should we sign him, I still think Toure will play quite high up the pitch for most games. He actually played quite deep for long spells last night with Delph being injured, but the general consensus is that he can't be 'trusted' in a midfield 2, and he doesn't have the engine to get forward and back these days. I'm 99% certain that had Delph been fit, he would have partnered Fernandinho at the base of midfield, with Silva and Sterling flanking Bony, Toure just behind and Navas on the bench. If we land KDB, it's gonna be interesting to see how he's shoehorned into the starting XI.... Anyone know who got credited with the first goal last night? Seen conflicting reports and there are 3 feasible outcomes for it. Ps, good start for your boys, always nice to see Arsenal get beat :) got that Payet in one of my FF teams, so far so good.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

I think it has gone to Toure, at first it looked like it hit Silva on the way through, but i believe it was off one of WB's defenders so he should keep that one... Im a big fan of De Bruyne I think he would be class for you, but with Nasri and Navas to come in then hes obviously not a necessity, yeah payet is world class, definite dream team gem this year.
  • edited August 2015
    Yeah as talented as KDB (and he is quality), I sway towards it being slight overload if we buy him the same summer we snapped up Sterling.

If we're struggling in the league come January I wouldn't be surprised if we broke the bank for him, but I feel a transfer next summer is more feasible. A summer when I anticipate one or both of Nasi and Navas moving on.
  • edited August 2015
    Brentford
    Cardiff
    Charlton
    Forrest
    Sheff W

all to win

just under 9/1
  • edited August 2015
    Brentford Cardiff Charlton Forrest Sheff W all to win just under 9/1
    Posted by jordz16
    Yeah I think Brentford might have cost you this and its not even 8pm.
  • edited August 2015
    Posted by jordz16
    Brentford 3-0 down after 15 mins. best stick to MTT's!
  • edited August 2015
    Posted by jordz16
    Hard to make money in R1 of LC backing favourites.

Far better to bet singles on outsiders on matches you fancy. I had singles on Shrewsbury (7/2), Oxford (9/2), Wimbledon (13/2), Colchester (5/2), Notts Co (5/1), Luton (3/1), Leyton O (7/2), Morecambe (17/5), Northampton (7/5), Walsall (6/1), Bury (11/4), Yeovil (7/2) & Burton (7/2).

EIGHT Winners from 13 bets at odds of 7/2, 9/2, 5/1, 3/1, 7/2, 7/5, 6/1, 11/4 & 7/2.

Every year this happens in the first round as SBC sides rest players or let games go.

Singles on Crewe (4/1), Oldham (4/1), Portsmouth (7/2) & Doncaster (19/10) look to be value bets for the next two nights. Only need about one in four winners to break even.

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Jordz16 Football betting 2015-16 : Hard to make money in R1 of LC backing favourites. Far better to bet singles on outsiders on matches you fancy. I had singles on Shrewsbury (7/2), Oxford (9/2), Wimbledon (13/2), Colchester (5/2), Notts Co (5/1), Luton (3/1), Leyton O (7/2), Morecambe (17/5), Northampton (7/5), Walsall (6/1), Bury (11/4), Yeovil (7/2) & Burton (7/2). EIGHT Winners from 13 bets at odds of 7/2, 9/2, 5/1, 3/1, 7/2, 7/5, 6/1, 11/4 & 7/2. Every year this happens in the first round as SBC sides rest players or let games go. Singles on Crewe (4/1), Oldham (4/1), Portsmouth (7/2) & Doncaster (19/10) look to be value bets for the next two nights. Only need about one in four winners to break even.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Its even harder to sit through a Notts Forrest v Walsall without the outside chance of an Acca coming in...

i only do accas for fun, i have no real expectation of it coming in... i also do the lottery every now and again. 

P.s rule 1 of bragpost club is to get your bets on the thread before they come in ;)
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Jordz16 Football betting 2015-16 : Its even harder to sit through a Notts Forrest v Walsall without the outside chance of an Acca coming in... i only do accas for fun, i have no real expectation of it coming in... i also do the lottery every now and again.  P.s rule 1 of bragpost club is to get your bets on the thread before they come in ;)
    Posted by jordz16
    Fair Comment. Just a bit busy this week.

Accumulators are a bit of a mugs game in the early weeks of the season IMO.
  • edited August 2015
    My first goalscorer Lucky 15 generated a massive profit of 40p with one correct and one non-runner. 

This week I'm keeping with two of last week's selections and another player I mentioned to look out for and they are all playing in away fixtures so their odds will be slightly higher than at home.

RICKY LAMBERT - Watford v West Brom 6/1 - Watford started the season with a good 2-2 draw with Everton and West Brom lost at home to Man City, but I think West Brom will have something to prove as does Lambert. I imagine he would also take their penalties if they get one so think he's one to side with.

SHINJI OKASAKI - West Ham v Leicester City 13/2 - He played very well last week in City's 4-2 win over Sunderland and started the match so imagine he will do so again. Very industrious works hard and looks like a very good signing.

ALEXANDER MITROVIC - Swansea v Newcastle 8/1 - He only played the last 15 minutes against Swansea but I'm hoping that its just a case of wanting match fitness. They didn't pay £13m for him to sit on the bench and he will be eager to get off the mark. If he ends up starting as a sub and comes on after the first goal, he'll be a non-runner anyway so its not the end of the world.

I've put them in a small patent  but if they come off it should pay about £180 for a small outlay.

• edited August 2015
    Best of luck on Lambert and Mitrovic mate, Im guessing Okazaki was a missclick? given that he will be up against the formidable Adrian.. although i must admit im very much looking forward to that game with it being a top 4 clash!

il put a few bets up later tonight
  • edited August 2015
    Best of luck on Lambert and Mitrovic mate, Im guessing Okazaki was a missclick? given that he will be up against the formidable Adrian.. although i must admit im very much looking forward to that game with it being a top 4 clash! il put a few bets up later tonight
    Posted by jordz16
    Ah, I forgot you were a Hammers fan..enjoy the fact you beat Arsenal and be content with those three points :) The mighty Foxes are on a roll!
  • edited August 2015
    few teams i think are good value this weekend

Gillingham... they are away to Port Vale who i see as a team who will be in and around the relegation places this year, i strongly fancy Gillingham for the top 6 so 2/1 looks very good value on the win. also their attacking mid Bradley Dack is a fantastic player who i believe will be playing in the premier league within 2 seasons, hes 4/1 to score at anytime and i think that is a great bet, he has scored in his first 2 and will be a cut above anyone else in this match...

Luton.... they are at home to Oxford and after a very impressive midweek display they should be buzzing for their first game of the season, they have one of the loudest stadiums in the lower leagues and i can see them making it a bit of a fortress this year so at 6/4 il be getting right on that.

a £20 double pays £150 so that will be my bet for this weekend.

run well all
  • edited August 2015
    My first goalscorer Lucky 15 generated a massive profit of 40p with one correct and one non-runner.  This week I'm keeping with two of last week's selections and another player I mentioned to look out for and they are all playing in away fixtures so their odds will be slightly higher than at home. RICKY LAMBERT - Watford v West Brom 6/1 - Watford started the season with a good 2-2 draw with Everton and West Brom lost at home to Man City, but I think West Brom will have something to prove as does Lambert. I imagine he would also take their penalties if they get one so think he's one to side with. SHINJI OKASAKI - West Ham v Leicester City 13/2 - He played very well last week in City's 4-2 win over Sunderland and started the match so imagine he will do so again. Very industrious works hard and looks like a very good signing. ALEXANDER MITROVIC - Swansea v Newcastle 8/1 - He only played the last 15 minutes against Swansea but I'm hoping that its just a case of wanting match fitness. They didn't pay £13m for him to sit on the bench and he will be eager to get off the mark. If he ends up starting as a sub and comes on after the first goal, he'll be a non-runner anyway so its not the end of the world. I've put them in a small patent  but if they come off it should pay about £180 for a small outlay.
    Posted by Brrrrrrr

credit where it is due, very nice bet mate! shame about the dodgy reffing ;)
  • edited August 2015
    my weekend double let me down, but both teams were winning til late on and judging by the stats they both dominated so guess thats the swings of betting.

another really good week for my preseason bets

Gillingham unbeated, Middlesborough won

Everton, Gillingham, Wycombe are all in top half. (reading still to play)

Kodjia scored for Bristol C

Osman Sow scored for Hearts and another win for Hearts (this is the bet im most confident with)

also got quite a few teams playing today so will do another round up next week some time
  • edited August 2015
    few teams i think are good value this weekend Gillingham... they are away to Port Vale who i see as a team who will be in and around the relegation places this year, i strongly fancy Gillingham for the top 6 so 2/1 looks very good value on the win. also their attacking mid Bradley Dack is a fantastic player who i believe will be playing in the premier league within 2 seasons, hes 4/1 to score at anytime and i think that is a great bet, he has scored in his first 2 and will be a cut above anyone else in this match... Luton.... they are at home to Oxford and after a very impressive midweek display they should be buzzing for their first game of the season, they have one of the loudest stadiums in the lower leagues and i can see them making it a bit of a fortress this year so at 6/4 il be getting right on that. a £20 double pays £150 so that will be my bet for this weekend. run well all
    Posted by jordz16
    Had a little wager on Dack, thanks.
  • edited August 2015
    Swansea look a great price at Sunderland next Saturday, 23/20 on Skybet currently. I'm sure by kick off they will be less than even money.

It's very early doors but Sunderland look doomed already. As do Chelsea ;)
  • edited August 2015
    Swansea look a great price at Sunderland next Saturday, 23/20 on Skybet currently. I'm sure by kick off they will be less than even money. It's very early doors but Sunderland look doomed already. As do Chelsea ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

yeah they will definitely be backed in for sure... its make or break for Sunderland, i have a sneaky feeling they might pull something out the bag and get a win, but at the same time there is a decent chance they can get smashed 5-0 also.

as for Chelsea they have looked surprisingly awful so far, I'd never write off a Mourinho team though, saying that, if they havent bought in a big name transfer before the window closes then i wouldnt fancy them for the top 2.
  • edited August 2015
    Back on the Bradley Dack train again, hes 4/1 to score at anytime, the Gills are away to Bradford but from what I have seen so far he will still be the best player on the pitch, 3 from 3 so far and this guy should get 20+ goals this season
  • edited August 2015
    best value teams tonight

Middlesborough 2/1, fantastic win last weekend, and are playing a Derby side who i dont think will trouble the top 6 this season... 

Gillingham 10/3 Away to a good Bradford side but il keep backing the Gills until the bookies catch on to what their price actually should be... 

Cardiff 5/2, they are away to Blackburn who are far less of a threat now they have sold Gestede, I also read today that Rhodes is not fit so may not even play, which makes 5/2 good value for a Cardiff team who look far more solid than 12 months ago

Barnsley 3/1, they are away to Millwall who were thrashed last weekend, and I believe Barnsley are slightly the better team so 3/1 is good value.....

Il be backing all these as singles.
  • edited August 2015
    Boom another very profitable night....

could have been even better though as 80mins in i had all 4 bets winning for a 164/1 acca which would have been nice.

on another note, Bradley Dack didnt score but did managed 2 assists, I'm going to get it in early that i think this fella will go on to play for England at some point.
  • edited August 2015
    Well done Jordz! 
  • edited August 2015
    Well done Jordz! 
    Posted by FlashFlush

nearly as impressive as a main event win, hey ;)
  • edited August 2015
    Well with one winner and one non-runner in my first two weeks Im showing a massive profiit of about £2 which makes this week's bet a virtual freebie.

CONOR WICKHAM - Crystal Palace v Aston Villa. He hasn't got off the mark yet since his summer move from Sunderland but by all accounts he hasn't played badly and playing at homr against a Villa side which is still bedding in with so many changes, he's worth a punt at 9/2

CALUM WILSON - West Ham v Bournemouth. Wilson was one of Bournemouth's shining stars last season and although Bournemouth havent scored a single goal yet, that day will come and against a West Hsm side without their first choice keeper after his kamikaze red card last week against Leciester, Wilson might be the one and his price is 6/1.

MARK ALBRIGHTON - Leicester City v Spurs. I have great pride in the record that Leicester have continued this season where they left off last campaign and they are a real force at the King Power stadium. I'm pretty confident City will win and it was hard to pick who will score the first goal. Mahrez has stolen a lot of the headlines so far for City but Albrighton has had a major impact and he's a tasty 12/1 to add to the goal he scored against Sunderland on the opening day of the season.

A small 25p patent on this will pay £207 for just £1.75 so it seemed rude not to have a go! :)
  • edited August 2015
    Teams I fancy this week...

Sunderland 3/1.. they have been anysmal so far this season, hence why we are being offered a good price, I like Swansea, especially their manager, Im still worried that they dont really have a plan b and may be found out here, Sunderland will make plenty of changes this week and i expect them to come out fighting... 3/1 is a good price especially at home, im also gonna have a bet on 1-0 Sunderland at 10/1 too.

Barnsley 8/5... they had a good win last time out away at millwall and they are playing against a Bradford side who lost their last game at home... I see Barnsley finishing well above Barnsley so 8/5 represents real value in my eyes;

Gillingham 7/4 at home to Wigan, I think the bookies are slowly catching on to Gillinghams true ability but I will again back them as i think at home 7/4 is still good value, also 3/1 on Bradley Dack to score anytime is gonna be another punt for me as he continues to impress, when he starts getting smaller than 5/2 I will probably stop backing hime

Coventry 9/4  they are away to an in form Walsall, and if im honest i know very little about these two sides, but Coventry strike me as a far bigger and better side than Walsall and they have a striker who cant stop scoring so I think 9/4 is a fairly good price

Luton 11/10, Luton havent really got going yet this year and have disappointed me, but they are playing a truly woeful Yeovil side and should pick up 3 points here...

I will be backing these all as singles and probably have a lucky fiver accumalator too!
  • edited August 2015
    Sigh...another week with one correct and one non-runner for a £2 profit

Will leave it until 2.30pm until teams are unveiled to make my selections in future because it is so frustrating to discover one of your picks not even in the squad! 

Did consider Dack because of Jordz' glowing reports and now wish I had! 

• edited August 2015
    Pretty awful results in terms of the teams I backed.

My ever reliable Gillingham saved me, and luckily I had Bradley Dack for 1st GS and anytime GS so somehow i managed a very small profit. Also I have season Long bets on the Gills who are top of the league and 200/1 on Bradley Dack as T/S and 6/1 to be Gills T/S

Havent checked any stats to see if any of my bets were good value or bad picks but there seemed to be an awful lot of draws about today so cant see too many people having made much money.

P.S Luton have really let me down this year, was really confident with the pre season as well.
  • edited August 2015
    How did Dack come on your radar? Seems to be doing very well, and not a player I'm familiar with. Looks a solid put for a goal every week in August is anything to go on.