You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS XIV - What Would You Like To See?

edited September 2015 in Poker Chat

UKOPS XIV is fast approaching!

This time round it's a 15 day series. We're going all-out to try and break previous records.  

Before we finalise the schedule, we would like to hear from you. What do you think worked in previous UKOPS? What didn't? What new additions would you like to see?

UKOPS gone by for your reference:

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/UKOPS-XIII

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/uk-online-poker-series-xi?dcmp=p_pr_ukopsxi

Comments

• edited September 2015
    Is there the liquidity on the site for a 15 day series? I am worried it will drag on and either have missed guarantees or have small guarantees.

Also, if your going to put on different formats, eg 3max which I assume you will have to as its 15 days. Can you make sure they are tested prior to the series.
  • edited September 2015
    free to enter comps..Tikay what do you think?
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV - What Would You Like To See?:
    free to enter comps..Tikay what do you think?
    Posted by stokefc
    About "Free to Enter" comps, or UKOPS generally?

I have a LOT of ideas as to the latter, lol. Don't start me off, I'd be here all day.
  • edited September 2015
    a one-off, low stake "winner takes all" would be a crack. hilarious carnage early on then people with a genuine chance tightening up to an equally funny amount. 
  • edited September 2015
    More consistancy in the pricing of events, then you could have satallites for an entry to a ukops event, and whoever wins one can choose which event. Unfortunately I am not sure your ticket handling software is up to this
  • edited September 2015
    How about some low stakes Deep Stacks?
  • edited September 2015
    More consistancy in the pricing of events, then you could have satallites for an entry to a ukops event, and whoever wins one can choose which event. Unfortunately I am not sure your ticket handling software is up to this
    Posted by Sir-Gary
    Annoyingly you're probably right there.
  • edited September 2015
    Posted by bornablade
    This is on the cards.
  • edited September 2015
    Posted by bornablade
    Excellent idea.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited September 2015
    The main thing I'd like to see is a PLO8 tournament. Given that the series is going to be 15 days long there could even be more than one - a low stake one and a medium stake one. Something like £22 with £1k gtd and a £5.50 with £500 perhaps. 

I think it'll be difficult to provide enough variation for a long series though and there needs to be something that will set it apart from the normal daily schedule. I presume that UKOPS events will replace the main and mini each day, but will they replace other events as well? For example the £22 BH at 7pm or the £55 at 9pm?

• edited September 2015
    Heads up events including 1 prestigious Heads up event
  • edited September 2015
  • edited September 2015

1) Omaha (both versions for choice)

2) The micro/mini events to have a decent structure akin to the main/side events.

3) Possible 'mini' Jackpot introduced for the lower buy in tournaments. This would hopefully get more players playing. 

4) A few more deepstacks introduced.

5) Satellites galore into the bigger events. If a High Roller is put on, add a couple of all in sats to run only if guarantee is met (eg. 100 runners @ £5 = one seat) 
  • edited September 2015
    The main thing I'd like to see is a PLO8 tournament. Given that the series is going to be 15 days long there could even be more than one - a low stake one and a medium stake one. Something like £22 with £1k gtd and a £5.50 with £500 perhaps.  I think it'll be difficult to provide enough variation for a long series though and there needs to be something that will set it apart from the normal daily schedule. I presume that UKOPS events will replace the main and mini each day, but will they replace other events as well? For example the £22 BH at 7pm or the £55 at 9pm?
    Posted by Ranners
    +1 to PLO8
  • edited September 2015
    Do you know Start and end dates  so work time can be booked off far in advance?
  • edited September 2015
    Pineapple OFC

But i'll settle for a load of sats into the big events to get the guarantees up.
  • edited September 2015
    The main thing I'd like to see is a PLO8 tournament. Given that the series is going to be 15 days long there could even be more than one - a low stake one and a medium stake one. Something like £22 with £1k gtd and a £5.50 with £500 perhaps.  I think it'll be difficult to provide enough variation for a long series though and there needs to be something that will set it apart from the normal daily schedule. I presume that UKOPS events will replace the main and mini each day, but will they replace other events as well? For example the £22 BH at 7pm or the £55 at 9pm?
    Posted by Ranners
    +1
  • edited September 2015
    Posted by Ranners
    There will definitely be a PLO8 tournament. Not a main event, but certainly something around the numbers you mentioned.

And yes, the main/mini events will be replaced with bigger guarantees. Other tournaments like the 9pm £2,500 BH and the 10:30pm £1,500 BH will be replaced with bigger guarantees also. The 10:30pm tournament will likely stay a Speed/Turbo BH given the time of night etc. but we are looking to mix other things up.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV - What Would You Like To See? : There will definitely be a PLO8 tournament. Not a main event, but certainly something around the numbers you mentioned. And yes, the main/mini events will be replaced with bigger guarantees. Other tournaments like the 9pm £2,500 BH and the 10:30pm £1,500 BH will be replaced with bigger guarantees also. The 10:30 tournament will likely stay a Speed/Turbo BH given the time of night etc. but we are looking to mix other things up.
    Posted by Sky_Dan

But will there be some heads up events? lol
  • edited September 2015
    1) Omaha (both versions for choice) 2) The micro/mini events to have a decent structure akin to the main/side events. 3) Possible 'mini' Jackpot introduced for the lower buy in tournaments. This would hopefully get more players playing.  4) A few more deepstacks introduced. 5) Satellites galore into the bigger events. If a High Roller is put on, add a couple of all in sats to run only if guarantee is met (eg. 100 runners @ £5 = one seat) 
    Posted by MAXALLY

We will have an Omaha Main Event for sure this time. Believe me, I would love Omaha to have more prominence on the site but it has never fared all that well.

• edited September 2015
    Do you know Start and end dates  so work time can be booked off far in advance?
    Posted by mumsie
    TBC very soon.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV - What Would You Like To See? : About "Free to Enter" comps, or UKOPS generally? I have a LOT of ideas as to the latter, lol. Don't start me off, I'd be here all day.
    Posted by Tikay10
    free to enter comps into the cheap to mid range UKOPS please,you may get new posters too
  • edited September 2015
    Deep Stacks to be scheduled before 10pm .

Main , Mini , Side Leaderboards ?
  • edited September 2015
    defo deepstacks with sats to the mid to larger tournies
  • edited September 2015
    Posted by Itsover4u
    +1
  • edited September 2015
    Please do TONSSSSS of satellites. And I don't just mean a couple of hours before the event, I mean non stop, all day, every day.

I assume all BIs are going to be say £3/£5/£11/£22/£33/£55/£110

Have 1in10 or 1in20 AI sats for every single BI level, 24 hours a day for the next event of that BI. Can start doing them asap/today/as soon as the first event is loaded into the lobby. Set them as SnGs so... 

1) People can just reg a few and leave the comp and it'll fill later, not like you need to be there for an all in sat, they can login later to see if they won.

2) SnG versions stop any overlay concerns on Sky's part.

On top of that, (and we know this is possible now) run maybe 1in5 or 1in10 SnG satellites for every single BI level, 24 hours a day. Again start them asap, don't give people 1-2 days to qualify, give them the absolute maximum possible time. Again SnG versions can't overlay so it's risk free guaranteed way to boost UKOPS numbers for the whole series.

As SirGary said, it'd be much easier if you were able to give tokens but as that's probably not possible atm, just say this SnG is going to put you into the next £22 comp which is a BH at 7pm tomorrow or w/e. As long as it's clear for people to see what game they're trying to satellite into it's fine.

Very few people on here can afford to invest what will probably be £3-4k over 15 days, you have to give these people who can't afford it the best possible opportunity to play as many events as possible.

The key to a massive series is having an amazing satellite system.

============================

Satellites aside, I'm happy with whatever, deepstacks, regular freezeouts, rebuys, BHs, all good. +1 to itsover4u that it would be nice to have a HU comp, doesn't have to be a main, just say a £22 side, don't do it as a BH, and use similar structure to speeds/turbos where (effective) stacks reset each round.
  • edited September 2015
    Is there the liquidity on the site for a 15 day series? I am worried it will drag on and either have missed guarantees or have small guarantees. Also, if your going to put on different formats, eg 3max which I assume you will have to as its 15 days. Can you make sure they are tested prior to the series.
    Posted by MattBates
    +1 don't think this has got a response yet either?

I'm not primarily a tournament player but I'm usually happy enough to play 4 or 5 days non-stop of tournaments but 15 days for me is too many! I'd even favour back to back UKOPs over 15 days, so Wed/Thur-Sun then Wed/Thur-Sun the following week so there is a bit of a gap. Or maybe even 3 weeks running. Consecutive days tho just seems too much. I'd rather have bigger GTD's than smaller ones.
  • edited September 2015
    Posted by Itsover4u
    I would love to do this but technically it is a difficult one for us.
  • edited September 2015
    PLO & PLO8 - more than just the one token event. Also at different buy in levels and on different days of the week.

Would love OFC but I guess the software isn't there yet.
  • edited September 2015
    Another 'please can we have some low/mid stake deep stacks' 
    Thank you !