You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS XIV - What Would You Like To See?

124»

Comments

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV - What Would You Like To See?:
    I am very excited to think that we could get main events in PLO/PLO8. I hope that the satellites for these will be in the same format and not NLHE.
    Posted by pompeynic
    Or not just all-in sats like last time for the PLO event
  • edited September 2015
    You will be able to qualify for any of the Main Events earlier than on the day, let me be clear about that.

The PLO Main Event will have PLO satellites (that are not just all-in affairs). The guarantee on this tournament will of course be lower than some of the other events.

• edited September 2015

PLO bounty hunter. Please make this happen.

• edited September 2015
    £11, £22. £33, £55 rebuy bounty hunters, would be something I'd personally like to see.
  • edited September 2015
    PLO bounty hunter. Please make this happen.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I agree with Harry.

Not sure these will get much support as ME-level buy-ins (as noted above), but chuck out something in the micro-UKOPS £2.20-£5.50, maybe even with a rebuy option, and I'm sure there are enough people that would be happy to donk off in this.
  • edited September 2015
    More than happy to try a micro PLO Bounty Hunter for one of the side events. I'd love to play that.
  • edited September 2015
    You will be able to qualify for any of the Main Events earlier than on the day, let me be clear about that. The PLO Main Event will have PLO satellites (that are not just all-in affairs). The guarantee on this tournament will of course be lower than some of the other events.
    Posted by Sky_Dan

Great news! 
  • edited September 2015
    I don't know if this has already been answered but when is this going to take place?
  • edited September 2015
    I don't know if this has already been answered but when is this going to take place?
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Don't think the dates have been published yet, but assume early November.

Full details very soon, but early November is solid.
  • edited September 2015
    Will there be no rake on the rebuys/addons again like last time?
  • edited September 2015

Big buy ins...
    Big prize money
    Nothing else needed!
  • edited September 2015
    All content is due to go onsite at the end of next week.
  • edited September 2015

I haven't posted on this thread although I have been following it from the start. I did think that if "insiders" gave their opinion as to what ought to happen then it might stop the people who play on the site every week from giving their views.

I am happy to confirm that Tikay and I have had great communication with Dan and he's doing a really good job of listening to the views on here and we have passed on to him the views of some of the higher volume regulars.

In the past I think Sky Poker have sometimes been guilty of not listening to the players and also I would say that it's hard to please all the players, as we can see from this thread, lots of people have views, some are very different from others and many are considered unworkable by others.

I think Dan and the team are nearly there in producing a really good and ambitious schedule and it's great that they've really listened. Hopefully it'll all run smoothly and be a very successful series because they did the work early.

Good job all. Pay rises all round.

• edited September 2015
     I haven't posted on this thread although I have been following it from the start. I did think that if "insiders" gave their opinion as to what ought to happen then it might stop the people who play on the site every week from giving their views.  I am happy to confirm that Tikay and I have had great communication with Dan and he's doing a really good job of listening to the views on here and we have passed on to him the views of some of the higher volume regulars.  In the past I think Sky Poker have sometimes been guilty of not listening to the players and also I would say that it's hard to please all the players, as we can see from this thread, lots of people have views, some are very different from others and many are considered unworkable by others.  I think Dan and the team are nearly there in producing a really good and ambitious schedule and it's great that they've really listened. Hopefully it'll all run smoothly and be a very successful series because they did the work early.  Good job all. Pay rises all round.  
    Posted by NChanning
    RAKE REDUCTION???:(
  • edited September 2015
     I haven't posted on this thread although I have been following it from the start. I did think that if "insiders" gave their opinion as to what ought to happen then it might stop the people who play on the site every week from giving their views.  I am happy to confirm that Tikay and I have had great communication with Dan and he's doing a really good job of listening to the views on here and we have passed on to him the views of some of the higher volume regulars.  In the past I think Sky Poker have sometimes been guilty of not listening to the players and also I would say that it's hard to please all the players, as we can see from this thread, lots of people have views, some are very different from others and many are considered unworkable by others.  I think Dan and the team are nearly there in producing a really good and ambitious schedule and it's great that they've really listened. Hopefully it'll all run smoothly and be a very successful series because they did the work early.  Good job all. Pay rises all round.  
    Posted by NChanning
    +1 to what Mr Ambo wrote.

It's been very different this time - Dan has communicated constantly with Ambo & myself as to the next UKOPS, & we have also communicated a great deal with many players ourselves, & passed that to Dan. Whether our input counted matters not, we were given the chance to represent...

1) Our views

2) The views we see here & elsewhere from the players, as we are closer to the players than the Business.

This thread has been excellent, too, everyone had a chance to air their opinions.

If the Business asked 100 different players what they'd like to see in a UKOPS, they'd get 100 different answers. They would.

Of course, when the schedule is announced, there will be the usual hoohah - "we don't like this, that or the other", but it's the nature of things to make a noise about what we don't like, & say nothing if we like it.

Satellites are key, of course, & it looks like SNG satellites might be available, too.

It's all pretty ambitious stuff, this next UKOPS, & many will be puzzled "why", but there are strategic reasons, it's a statement of intent by Sky Poker.

Anyway, more news soon.

• edited September 2015
    I think alot of people forget how lucky we are here on sky by the fact we can have some input and ideas that acctually get listened too by the likes of dan, sam, and tikay and if there is merit in it they try and get it going and give all the help they can thats why so many of us like playing on sky

Keep up the great work and really looking forward too ukops

All the best brian