You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS XIV - What Would You Like To See?

Comments

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV - What Would You Like To See?:
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV - What Would You Like To See? : I would love to do this but technically it is a difficult one for us.
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    Can I ask why? Last I saw there is a £50 gtd £5.50 HU mtt on sky every single night
  • edited September 2015
    ''But i'll settle for a load of sats into the big events to get the guarantees up''
    Posted by jordz16

This. maybe I always miss them, but whenever I look for sats to £22+ buyin events there either arnt any, or its AI (which I fail to see the point).

+1 to at least one PL08,
    say 1K GT, 5k chips, £11 buyin should attract most of the low stakes crowd as a one off, seems abit naff to offer a 5.5 since that runs everyday, £22 buyin likely to alienate 80%+ of the current PL08 player pool.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV - What Would You Like To See? : I would love to do this but technically it is a difficult one for us.
    Posted by Sky_Dan

Ok failing that.... would it be possible to do a higher buy in heads up shuffle tournament?

As far as I can remember I cant ever remember being shuffled lol
  • edited September 2015
    the demand for a heads up tournament would likely be very small, and in regard to it being prestigious.... well, gl with that! 
  • edited September 2015
    This might not be very popular among the small % of sky player's that use the forum but imo the main differences for a big festival like this should be guarantees, satellites and a series leaderboard for prizes. That's it.

Just ditch the niche stuff. If PLO8 was a popular game on here it would get decent fields all the time, same goes for PLO. If there is to be one of these, then it should be a low stakes 'token event' (to use someone else's term) because the interest just isn't there. Sky just don't have the player base to have PLO as a UKOPS main, say it's a £50 BI (which I imagine would be the smallest BI of all the mains), it'll still struggle to even get 100 runners imo, if you lower the BI even more, is it really even worth using it as one of the mains?

If these niche games are to be included, they should be small side events cos no matter how much people say they love those games, the interest in them on sky is vv small.
  • edited September 2015
    defo deepstacks with sats to the mid to larger tournies
    Posted by stokefc

A massive + 1 to this
  • edited September 2015
    Can the software handle a mixed game?  one level PLO, one level NLH, one level PLO8, one level NLH.  Rinse and repeat
  • edited September 2015
    Big buy ins (£75+) and big guarantees for me

And for satellites have as many all in, and turbo fortmat sats as possible.
  • edited September 2015
    the demand for a heads up tournament would likely be very small, and in regard to it being prestigious.... well, gl with that! 
    Posted by percival09

I think you under estimate the demand.... on other sites not many mtts max out - Heads up tourneys do
  • edited September 2015
    I get that PLO8 is a niche game, but why shouldn't the reg players get a shot / feel included in a 15 day poker festival?
    UKOPS doesn't come around that often and should include all players imo.
  • edited September 2015
    most of my poker time is spent playing cash but the UKOPS events are when i love MTTs,

The main part of UKOPS might be about the high stakes MTTs but most will not be able to afford it and as a 15 day long festival, even £11 MTTs might not be getting as much entries done by those who's BR is use to ones £1-£6

A few things that I think would be good are more varied amount of micro and low stacks MTTs rather than just bounty hunters

1) maybe have an early micro designed and ran the exact same way the super roller is ran, same chipstack and same blinds, just start it at 6pm and run it on say friday or saturday ensuring it minimises the consequences of a possibly very late night. Also do 1 or 2 deep stack low/micro stakes bounty hunters, UKOPS main event bounty hunter are deepstacked

2) PLO and PLO8 seems to be making an entry into sky now and an MTT for the micro players is a good way for more to try this out.

3)UKOPS freerolls.
  • edited September 2015
    ALso perhap do a full ring table for the micro stakes MTT, at the minute the only MTTavailable is the orford league.
  • edited September 2015
    PLO AND PLO8 PLEAAASE.
  • edited September 2015
    ALso perhap do a full ring table for the micro stakes MTT, at the minute the only MTTavailable is the orford league.
    Posted by craigcu12
    +1

This would be something different to include. The Orfordable deepstack is very popular so don't see why something similar, perhaps with a slightly higher buyin (£11-£22), can't be part of the UKOPS schedule.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV - What Would You Like To See? : +1 This would be something different to include. The Orfordable deepstack is very popular so don't see why something similar, perhaps with a slightly higher buyin (£11-£22), can't be part of the UKOPS schedule.
    Posted by waller02
    plus 1 from me also. Seems odd that there is never a full ring MTT.

However, due to the lack of antes, it would probably need to be a speed tournament (or miss some levels)
  • edited September 2015
    I think it's already been mentioned, but would love to see multiple Omaha Hi/Low tournaments and would be ideal if there could be a main event Omaha Hi/Low tournament.

Also, some form of series leader board, ideally a main event leader board and perhaps an overall one. Maybe some prizes for those that do the best?

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited September 2015
    +1 to PLO events & would quite like a leaderboard again although over 15 days not so much since it will favour the heavy grinders with good recreationals having no chance! 

Dislike any idea of full ring but I'm sure the appeal would be there for it.
  • edited September 2015
    How about a full ring deepstack, could even make it a 2 day event.
  • edited September 2015
    How about a full ring deepstack, could even make it a 2 day event.
    Posted by MattBates
    100k starting stack? 3hr levels
  • edited September 2015
    Been mentioned but needs mentioning again. 15 days is far too long. UKOPS is a prestige event and 15 days is too much. 10 should be the most. Friday to the following Sunday. You can incorporate some of the usual ME in the schedule. 

Please run the micro and minis with the same structure as the Mains. Hugely devalues them I think when they are made virtual turbos.  

And that also makes different level leaderboards more appealing. 
  • edited September 2015
    Surely to make a "Festival" attractive, it needs to have variety, otherwise it becomes just a series of NLH & Bounty Hunters. While these are generally popular, over 15 days, it would become a bit of a boring slog. One regular winning low stakes player said to me after the last UKOPS that he used UKOPS as a time to have a break from poker because the quality of the fields in low stakes events was so much stronger than usual and he had lost money in previous UKOPS.

The beauty of the WSOP is the variety of events. £1.5k NLH predominate but almost half the events are not NLH. Obviously the SKY software doesn't yet allow Horse, Razz, Open Face Chinese etc. but embracing Omaha & PLO8 by giving it more prominence in UKOPS would be a great step forwards.

There has been a lot of debate about how to develop PLO8 amongst the regular PLO8 players & there is a bit of a split on buy in levels. Most of the current players like the £1 - £5 buy in levels but there is a thought that more regulars would only be attracted at higher buy in levels.

In 15 days, there will be 60 or 75 events so surely PLO & PLO8 are worth a lot more than a token Micro event. In my opinion about 10-20% of events should be Omaha or PLO8. From memory, there was an Omaha event at £22 at a previous UKOPS (Xmas, I think) and the numbers were pretty good. If there were say 5 PLO & 5 PLO8 events over the series, having a player of the series award would incentivise players to play all these events.

Once players try PLO & PLO8, they quickly get hooked, which surely is what SKY want.
  • edited September 2015
    If theres going to be a compromise between more tournaments, and smaller guarantees, over less tournaments but bigger GTDs, i'd rather the latter, let's see some tournies where first place is £10k. 
  • edited September 2015
    Surely to make a "Festival" attractive, it needs to have variety, otherwise it becomes just a series of NLH & Bounty Hunters. While these are generally popular, over 15 days, it would become a bit of a boring slog. One regular winning low stakes player said to me after the last UKOPS that he used UKOPS as a time to have a break from poker because the quality of the fields in low stakes events was so much stronger than usual and he had lost money in previous UKOPS. The beauty of the WSOP is the variety of events. £1.5k NLH predominate but almost half the events are not NLH. Obviously the SKY software doesn't yet allow Horse, Razz, Open Face Chinese etc. but embracing Omaha & PLO8 by giving it more prominence in UKOPS would be a great step forwards. There has been a lot of debate about how to develop PLO8 amongst the regular PLO8 players & there is a bit of a split on buy in levels. Most of the current players like the £1 - £5 buy in levels but there is a thought that more regulars would only be attracted at higher buy in levels. In 15 days, there will be 60 or 75 events so surely PLO & PLO8 are worth a lot more than a token Micro event. In my opinion about 10-20% of events should be Omaha or PLO8. From memory, there was an Omaha event at £22 at a previous UKOPS (Xmas, I think) and the numbers were pretty good. If there were say 5 PLO & 5 PLO8 events over the series, having a player of the series award would incentivise players to play all these events. Once players try PLO & PLO8, they quickly get hooked, which surely is what SKY want.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Like +1
    Also if we have PLO/PLO8 events can we have proper sats as last time there were just 4 all-in sats for the PLO event.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV - What Would You Like To See? : Like +1 Also if we have PLO/PLO8 events can we have proper sats as last time there were just 4 all-in sats for the PLO event.
    Posted by VespaPX
    Proper satellites for a bigger buy in PLO and/or PLO8 event would satisfy both the low stakes PLO players & the players that want a bigger buy in PLO event.

Great Idea.
  • edited September 2015
    There seems to be a lot of demand for high BI events so people can play for a big top rize and if the demand is there fair enough, but I hope iin a 15-day long festival us recreational players are considered and those of that like Deepstacks are not ignored.

I think I'm right in saying the last UKOPS didnt include one deepstack, not even one I couldn't afford to enter (!), so I hope this time there is at least one with a £5 BI (or less) and if there is a higher stake one, then low BI satellites are run for it at various times to allow people to try and qualify for it.

In fact I would hope the software is in place for satelltes to run for various events all the time, eg satellites for a Thursday event running at times on Mon/Tue/Wed/Thur to give players flexibility to pllay satellites. There could be a special tab in the lobby for them so the main lobby doesn't get cluttered up?

• edited September 2015

Seems alot of opposition to 15 days.... I disagree 15 days is perfect. The vast majority of people like myself work and are not full time grinders so will give us a decent opportunity to put in good volume.

Would be great if it could fall in line with school holidays.

Also full ring would be a massive step forward although I am only a fan of full ring MTTs
  • edited September 2015
    Seems alot of opposition to 15 days.... I disagree 15 days is perfect. The vast majority of people like myself work and are not full time grinders so will give us a decent opportunity to put in good volume. Would be great if it could fall in line with school holidays. Also full ring would be a massive step forward although I am only a fan of full ring MTTs
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Couple of questions if you dont mind. 

I also work full time. Are you saying you will play the full 15 days or 15 days allows people who play once or twice a week to play a few events. 

Regarding full ring, are you saying you like full ring or full ring no ante as there is a massive difference from my perspective. 
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV - What Would You Like To See? : Couple of questions if you dont mind.  I also work full time. Are you saying you will play the full 15 days or 15 days allows people who play once or twice a week to play a few events.  Regarding full ring, are you saying you like full ring or full ring no ante as there is a massive difference from my perspective. 
    Posted by MattBates

15 days would be good because mid week I can play evening events I would say 14 of the 15 days so would get much better volume playing decent events on sky by it being a longer series.

Full ring with an ante would be exceptional but would be just as happy with full ring speed / speed rebuy - By full ring I assume we are talking 9 not 10?
  • edited September 2015
    Just for one of the micro events (£2 or £3) to be a freeze-out. Not a bounty hunter or a rebuy. Just a standard freezeout. Please.