You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS XIV - What Would You Like To See?

Comments

• edited September 2015
    I'm listening to all of your feedback by the way - am compiling and reporting back to people tomorrow.
  • edited September 2015
    Going back to PLO/PL8 I agree that it should be more than just a side event. I guess part of the problem with PLO & PLO8 events in the past is that they have ran alongside the Holdem (main event) tournaments and most people (myself inc!) struggle to play both at the same time since it's a different game format. Think we should have a day dedicated to a PLO8 main event and one following week with PLO main event. The mini could be a BH PLO/PLO8. Then maybe a turbo structure of it. 
  • edited September 2015
    4 day tournament

3 days where only final table go through

final day, 18 players only final table get payed
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV - What Would You Like To See?:
    Going back to PLO/PL8 I agree that it should be more than just a side event. I guess part of the problem with PLO & PLO8 events in the past is that they have ran alongside the Holdem (main event) tournaments and most people (myself inc!) struggle to play both at the same time since it's a different game format. Think we should have a day dedicated to a PLO8 main event and one following week with PLO main event. The mini could be a BH PLO/PLO8. Then maybe a turbo structure of it. 
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

+1

Like the sound of that, pretty sure hhy would be first to reg in the hi lo event as well ;-)
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV - What Would You Like To See? : Couple of questions if you dont mind.  I also work full time. Are you saying you will play the full 15 days or 15 days allows people who play once or twice a week to play a few events.  Regarding full ring, are you saying you like full ring or full ring no ante as there is a massive difference from my perspective. 
    Posted by MattBates

Antes as well would be a good thing to include in these but the only those wich cost £22+ are likely to need antes from a time prespective, those which cost no more than £5.50 and not part of the main mini jackpot, antes will be nothing more than an extra bit of fun because players generally are going to limp already.

the orford league itself doesn't contain antes and that has always managed to finish earlier than a super roller itself would finish.
  • edited September 2015
    I agree with most in that higher guarantees should not be sacrificed for the sake of more events. 

HU event would be grand. 

I think the previous BH events and and mains were fine.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV - What Would You Like To See? : Antes as well would be a good thing to include in these but the only those wich cost £22+ are likely to need antes from a time prespective, those which cost no more than £5.50 and not part of the main mini jackpot, antes will be nothing more than an extra bit of fun because players generally are going to limp already. the orford league itself doesn't contain antes and that has always managed to finish earlier than a super roller itself would finish.
    Posted by craigcu12
    No offence but this is just a basic lack of understanding for what antes do.

Why would antes just be a bit of fun in smaller BIs? The BI makes no difference. People will limp with antes or no antes in a £5 or £100 comp. Antes force the action.

You can't possibly compare the orfordable to the roller.... different starting stacks, different blind levels, different length of levels, different field sizes, one is 6max, one is fullring, just totally different tournaments.

This is just my opinion ofc, but I think the orfordable is just painful, I played it once, maybe twice, never again. Full ring with no antes and silly starting stacks. iirc, you can fold for like 90 mins and still have like a million BB, then suddenly a ton of levels are missing and everyone has <20bb, correct me if I'm wrong.

Full ring, no antes just doesn't work imo. People go on alot about how much antes are needed on here, I think it would be nice but it really isn't that important, the fact everything is 6max already forces action, the fact almost everything is a BH also forces action. So it's already pretty good for action on here, but full ring, deepstacks with no antes is just realllly dull

• edited September 2015
    What about the big Comeback

The Primo returns for one night only and of course the mini Primo

£55 buy in and make it a main event with a braclet on offer

I would nearly GTD it would hit 15k to 20k

PS since its my idea i deserve free entry
  • edited September 2015

I Love UKOPS and always try and play as many as my bank roll allows. 

I would love a 15 day tournament as I'm always playing tournaments everynight. No good at cash.

my suggestions are as follows

• Bracelet for all levels ( why not have Bronze, Silver  & Gold bracelet depending on buy in level) winning a £2 tourny with  a 1000 players is just as hard as winning a £22 tourny with 400 players or less
    • A Champion of Champion freeroll for all winners with a special price for the winner. Give the lower buy in player the chance to play other higher stake winners . I E TommyD, Matt Bates etc
    • Lots of satelites starting weeks before it starts
    thanks for listening

Darryn

• edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV - What Would You Like To See? : +1 Like the sound of that, pretty sure hhy would be first to reg in the hi lo event as well ;-)
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    Stupid game.

But I do like normal PLO every now and then, and if they had a reasonable PLO MTT (£11-£22, with a decent but not too ambitious GTD) for ukops then I'd deffo play that.
  • edited September 2015
    PLO tournaments can either be really brilliant or really terrible depending on how they're structured. Personally always found the PLO mtts on Sky to play too much like a DYM and not enough like a cash game.

I'd do something like half the buyin amount, and make it a re-entry, so you increase, or encourage, the amount of 'gamble' at the start as well as increasing the amount of 'play' toward the end. 
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV - What Would You Like To See? : No offence but this is just a basic lack of understanding for what antes do. Why would antes just be a bit of fun in smaller BIs? The BI makes no difference. People will limp with antes or no antes in a £5 or £100 comp. Antes force the action. You can't possibly compare the orfordable to the roller.... different starting stacks, different blind levels, different length of levels, different field sizes, one is 6max, one is fullring, just totally different tournaments. This is just my opinion ofc, but I think the orfordable is just painful, I played it once, maybe twice, never again. Full ring with no antes and silly starting stacks. iirc, you can fold for like 90 mins and still have like a million BB, then suddenly a ton of levels are missing and everyone has <20bb, correct me if I'm wrong. Full ring, no antes just doesn't work imo. People go on alot about how much antes are needed on here, I think it would be nice but it really isn't that important, the fact everything is 6max already forces action, the fact almost everything is a BH also forces action. So it's already pretty good for action on here, but full ring, deepstacks with no antes is just realllly dull
    Posted by Lambert180

It's not just about those who are capable of playing high stakes MTTs, it's about everyone and these fullring tables can bring more action post flop, for the reg who play lower stakes set mining and suited connectors can be far more valuable and this extra action seen in a bounty hunter normally consists of more going in preflop for the sake of a head and can sometimes make those low stakes bounty hunters feel like an MTT about pure luck because to build a stack we're either hoping to get a monster hand given preflop or praying that A8 will hits it's pair now that it's up against 2 other callers as well as he who shoved, alternatively he with A8 could risk going for a rejam to make it more likely he'll gain HU rather than 4 at the risk of loosing his full stack if those left to act did have that better hand, it's the fact. A ukops packed with purely the everyday BH at microstacks will feel far too much like a gambling game for myself and i'll have other tables to play on whilst that stack is short and the orford league show recs don't mind it.

• edited September 2015
    PLO tournaments can either be really brilliant or really terrible depending on how they're structured. Personally always found the PLO mtts on Sky to play too much like a DYM and not enough like a cash game. I'd do something like half the buyin amount, and make it a re-entry, so you increase, or encourage, the amount of 'gamble' at the start as well as increasing the amount of 'play' toward the end. 
    Posted by raggy94
    PLO rebuy and/or BH would be epic.
  • edited September 2015
    Interesting reading.
    In terms of omaha tournaments I don't imagine that there will be enough interest to have a £50 BI event, I imagine a £22/£11 £1K would probably be best. I don't play it but might have a punt at that kind of buy in. Don't think as  many people would punt £55 or try and satellite in if the BI was higher than £22.
    I would like to see a mix between freezeouts, bounty hunters and rebuys, preferably with big guarantees, big prizepools and tons of satellites.
    9 max with no antes takes soooooooo long it's quite painful imo.
    15 days is a long time but I'd definitely play as many as possible. In terms of trying to get a decent turn out it could be better to go for something like events friday saturday sunday for a month. I think mid-week tournaments will struggle to take off.

• edited September 2015
    How about something along the lines of the 'Mayhem' promotion in the weeks leading up to the series? So every evening there's a 'Mayhem' tournament where you pay a £1 to enter, 50% of the money goes in the regular prizepool and the rest goes in the leaderboard prizepool? If it averages 200 runners a night at the end of the week you'd have £700 worth of seats filled.

Have to play around with the numbers a bit to make it viable i guess, something along those lines could work though?

Could even just put a 'Mayhem' icon next to some of the already existing tournaments in the lobby and have a weekly 'added value' leaderboard for those? So most head prizes in the 2.20 at 2.20 each week wins a seat in afternoon deepstack, PLO for PLO etc, just an idea, i did like the Mayhem promotion :)
  • edited September 2015
    There seems to be a lot of demand for high BI events so people can play for a big top rize and if the demand is there fair enough, but I hope iin a 15-day long festival us recreational players are considered and those of that like Deepstacks are not ignored. I think I'm right in saying the last UKOPS didnt include one deepstack, not even one I couldn't afford to enter (!), so I hope this time there is at least one with a £5 BI (or less) and if there is a higher stake one, then low BI satellites are run for it at various times to allow people to try and qualify for it. In fact I would hope the software is in place for satelltes to run for various events all the time, eg satellites for a Thursday event running at times on Mon/Tue/Wed/Thur to give players flexibility to pllay satellites. There could be a special tab in the lobby for them so the main lobby doesn't get cluttered up?
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    This is probably the most important post regards making the UKOPS a success for the majority of player because it gives access to bigger events for an affordable cost at times that suit them. In the past I have found myself faced with pretty much allin satellites or pay the full buy in.

Obviously satellites to win tokens for UKOPS would be ideal but guess the software isn't up to that yet.
  • edited September 2015
    Could include some timed tournaments, with buy ins between £3 and £22 and various lengths between 30 mins and 2 hours. These are generally quite popular, hit the guarantees and are lower variance.

Would also be nice to have a fun head hunter tournament. 

Cheers

Greg.
  • edited September 2015
    Could include some timed tournaments, with buy ins between £3 and £22 and various lengths between 30 mins and 2 hours. These are generally quite popular, hit the guarantees and are lower variance. Would also be nice to have a fun head hunter tournament.  Cheers Greg.
    Posted by GREGSTER
    Music to my ears but dont tell Mr HHY or Hendrik
  • edited September 2015

I have followed this thread very carefully but I was sure it would be best not to comment too much as I didn't want to discourage anyone from giving their opinion and I really wanted to see what other people say.

I have had a few emails back and forward with Tikay and Dan and I'm very pleased to say that lots of great points made by all have been considered and thought carefully about. Hopefully we'll see the full schedule soon but from what I've seen it should be the biggest and best UKOPS and a pretty big time for Sky Poker.

Looking forward to it.

If anyone has anything they want to add to this thread you still can though. Everything planned is not yet set in stone.
  • edited September 2015
    My feelings towards the Omaha Main Event:

- £50 buy-in, certainly no more than that
    - Would like to make it a double chance given that a lot of people playing would most likely have a second bullet given that it is the only Omaha Main Event we've ever held
    - Wouldn't want to make it unlimited rebuys as it would then go a bit crazy (mind you I quite like that sometimes)

Who knows, maybe we'll have a PLO Rebuy side event ;-)
  • edited September 2015
    My feelings towards the Omaha Main Event: - £50 buy-in, certainly no more than that - Would like to make it a double chance given that a lot of people playing would most likely have a second bullet given that it is the only Omaha Main Event we've ever held - Wouldn't want to make it unlimited rebuys as it would then go a bit crazy (mind you I quite like that sometimes) Who knows, maybe we'll have a PLO Rebuy side event ;-)
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    My view is that a double chance automatically increases the craziness because a significant number of players will see this as an opportunity to double up early and if it doesn't work then they take the second chance.

Where this falls down from a tournament perspective is that it discourages the players with smaller bankrolls that would love to play PLO main event because effectively, you need £100 to be able to compete on a level playing field.

At a time when there has been a lot of debate about encouraging the recreational player, a double chance favours the players with the deepest pockets with the result and many recreational players will be discouraged from playing.
  • edited September 2015
    I dont think there is the demand for a plo main event. Its ok a few people posting on the forum saying thats what they would like to see but most people dont post on the forum and all you have to do is to look at the numbers when plo has been a side event in the last 2 years and you will see these have got the lowest numbers out of any event having it as a main event would be madness.  

You see stars having different varients in their series but sky simply operate within a different market from stars. Therefore there just simply wont be enough players that will actually play it to make it worthwhile.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV - What Would You Like To See? : My view is that a double chance automatically increases the craziness because a significant number of players will see this as an opportunity to double up early and if it doesn't work then they take the second chance. Where this falls down from a tournament perspective is that it discourages the players with smaller bankrolls that would love to play PLO main event because effectively, you need £100 to be able to compete on a level playing field. At a time when there has been a lot of debate about encouraging the recreational player, a double chance favours the players with the deepest pockets with the result and many recreational players will be discouraged from playing.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Hi Tiger,

I don't believe there is a Double Chance Omaha in the schedule, but I do not know the exact details of it yet. There is at least one Omaha Rebuy.

Sky Poker may see this differently to me, but to my mind, a "Double Chance" is NOT a re-entry or rebuy. In a "Live" Double Chance (perhaps Online it is different) you only pay a single Entry Fee, & get 50% of your chips at the outset, &, usually, can take the remaining 50% at any time in the first x levels. You then have to take them at the end of (say) Level 4. You do not pay for the second tranche of chips.

I'll ask the Suits to clarify this - they MAY mean a "single rebuy", I don't know. 

If it is a single rebuy, my personal view is that "Double Chance" is the incorrect term. 

It's good that we can debate these matters before it is too late, so you make a good point, imo.    
  • edited September 2015
    Sorry for any confusion - I did actually mean a single rebuy. 

I understand that there hasn't been a big demand for an Omaha Main Event in the past but there's no harm in trying IMO. It's going to be a big festival, let's have a bit of variety. 

No firm decision has been made as to whether it's a freezeout or single rebuy, a few of us have been discussing it this past few days. I just think given that we never have a big Omaha tournament we should allow two bullets for those that are keen players.

There will be satellites into the Main Events remember so there will be multiple ways to qualify for less.
  • edited September 2015
    Sorry for any confusion - I did actually mean a single rebuy.  I understand that there hasn't been a big demand for an Omaha Main Event in the past but there's no harm in trying IMO. It's going to be a big festival, let's have a bit of variety.  No firm decision has been made as to whether it's a freezeout or single rebuy, a few of us have been discussing it this past few days. I just think given that we never have a big Omaha tournament we should allow two bullets for those that are keen players. There will be satellites into the Main Events remember so there will be multiple ways to qualify for less.
    Posted by Sky_Dan
    Agree with that. If it goes wrong, the worst that happens is it cost Sky Poker a few bob, & they won't run it again.

Think it's a great decision to at least give it a whirl.
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV - What Would You Like To See? : Agree with that. If it goes wrong, the worst that happens is it cost Sky Poker a few bob, & they won't run it again. Think it's a great decision to at least give it a whirl.
    Posted by Tikay10
    My concern is that its like all the other threads we have had in the past for UKOPS etc when various people on the forum say they want deepstacks then the numbers for these events are poor and a lot of the people who asked for deepstacks dont play the events. 
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV - What Would You Like To See? : My concern is that its like all the other threads we have had in the past for UKOPS etc when various people on the forum say they want deepstacks then the numbers for these events are poor and a lot of the people who asked for deepstacks dont play the events. 
    Posted by MattBates
    That's fair comment Matt, it's a calculated risk that Sky Poker may make, & the worst that will happen is it costs them money.
  • edited September 2015
    Did someone mention the £2.20 @2.20 deepstack.
    All the best.
    Rainman397
  • edited September 2015
    In Response to Re: UKOPS XIV - What Would You Like To See? : My concern is that its like all the other threads we have had in the past for UKOPS etc when various people on the forum say they want deepstacks then the numbers for these events are poor and a lot of the people who asked for deepstacks dont play the events. 
    Posted by MattBates

I am one of the people who has asked for deepstacks but i also have a small BR so while I might would happily enter a £5 BI Deepstack i would have to rely on the availability of satellites to enter one with a £22 or £33 BI. 
    If such a BI Deestack took place without me in it, it doesn't mean I wasn't supporting it, just that I didn't play well enough to qualify through a satellite! :)
  • edited September 2015
    I am very excited to think that we could get main events in PLO/PLO8.
    I hope that the satellites for these will be in the same format and not NLHE.