You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Road To Punta Cana

Comments

• edited November 2015

OFFICIAL CORRECTION

There are 64 places paid, not 67, as erroneously reported earlier by JP.
  • edited November 2015

Our missing man has returned, & all is well.

67 players remain.
  • edited November 2015

Still 67 left.

StayOrGo has slipped into the Red Zone - 58,000, which is under 10 Bigs.
  • edited November 2015

With 66 players left, the clock was paused for 7 minutes to allow time to break a table without disadvantaging anyone
  • edited November 2015

65 players left - we are now HAND 4 HAND
  • edited November 2015

Still H4H.

It's taking around 8 minutes per hand.
  • edited November 2015

....another hand passes by.
  • edited November 2015

Level 18 has now commenced.

Blinds now go 4,000-8,000/1,000.
  • edited November 2015
  • edited November 2015

H4H continues.

E v e r   s o   s l o w l y
  • edited November 2015

So we have 3 players in the money, which is great news.

Not so good news is that StayOrGo has about 2 Bigs now.

• edited November 2015

StayOrGo has just gone, but considering he returned today with just 20,000, that's a mighty fine effort.
  • edited November 2015
    Adam has now bust.

Gets his 10bb in with A7, and gets called by K2.

2 on the flop followed by a K on the turn to finish him off.

$2.5k to soften the blow, but still disappointing.
  • edited November 2015
    We're now down to one player who is sat with around 300k.

• edited November 2015

Perizoma has around 320,000, with the average at 272,000. Blinds are currently 5,000-10,000/1,000.

1 hour of play remains today.
  • edited November 2015

Level 20, today's final level, has commenced, with Blinds now 6,000-12,000-1,000.

45 players remain across 5 tables.

Our sole survivor has some 280,000, which is just shy of the 310,000 average.
  • edited November 2015

Whilst we while away the last hour, some Dominican Republic waffle.

It's not anything like as hot as Vegas, but the humidity is off the scale, so plenty of flies & mosquitos are in evidence.

It's currently in the rainy season - monsoon season really - and most days this week we have seen 2 or 3 monstrous downpours of rain. These arrive almost out of a clear blue sky, & clear up within 15 minutes.

"Clear blue skies" is actually an exaggeration - I've yet to see a completely cloudless day, there always seem to be a handful of pleasantly puffy white clouds.

Lots of beautiful birds - Herons, Egrets, & other species I don't recognize.

The humidity & high rainfall means the countryside is lush & verdant. 

In shaded areas, moss grows freely, even on the ornamental rockeries in the Resort grounds. Moss is utterly beautiful, though few seem to notice it. It is a bryophote, & does not flower, but instead it reproduces by spores. There are said to be 12,000 varieties of moss. Next time you see some, feel it, it has a beautiful velvety feel.

Are you asleep yet?  

• edited November 2015

Meanwhile, back at the poker, 25 minutes play remains, though they generally draw stumps a little earlier.

40 players still in, average stack 350,000, & our Lone Ranger is riding a 270,000 stack.
  • edited November 2015

Back to the travelogue, eat your heart out Judith Chalmers.

This is my first experience of a self-contained "Resort", &* not an experience that particularly whetted my appetite, but it's actually really rather good. 

It covers a huge tract of land, so the Resort run a fleet of "trolleys" or "buggies", little electric or two stroke vehicles which tow trailers with bench seating for the guests to aid travel between the suites & the Main Block.

There are 9 or 10 eateries, from fine dining to cafeterias, and they all share an oddity - they don't have cash registers or tills, as everything is "free", as in "all-inclusive". So I've been here 4 or 5 days, & apart from some emergency toiletries due to my lost luggage, & 2 Omaha cash games, I've not spent a single penny. 

Even in the suites, there is a free mini bar, which includes full bottles of spirits, & even optics.

I was dehydrated when I arrived, after a 19 hour (door to door) journey, & requested some extra sparkling water - 8 bottles were delivered to my room within minutes. No charge, obv.

You MUST be asleep now, surely?

• edited November 2015

LAST 2 HANDS OF THE DAY announced.
  • edited November 2015

With just one hand to play, Perizoma has some 200,000, so tomorrow will be skates on time.
  • edited November 2015

Our man bagged up 196,000, so that's not so bad, all things considered.

37 players remain.

Play resumes at 3pm on Saturday (7pm UK), & we'll be back, bright & early.

We began the day with 10, so it's a little sad to lose 9 of them, but we have had three cashes, so that's not so dusty.

All of our players have conducted themselves in an exemplary fashion at the tables, too. Like.

I'm done, night all.
  • edited November 2015
    Thanks for all the updates guys, well done to the 3 cashers and good luck Perizoma :)
  • edited November 2015
    Well done to all players and good luck for our last man standing.
    Thank you also to JP and Tikay for the great updates they make great reading
    Keep it up Im loving it.

Good luck on the tables everyone

Nannypat66
  • edited November 2015
    Thanks everyone for the virtual rail. It was a great tournament and very happy to cash. Big thanks to JP and TK too, they're doing a top notch job out here.

Here's hoping to perizoma running deep. Glgl.
  • edited November 2015
    Omg well done all, Tikay when I was reading it my heart rate went up. At one time thought was going to have a heart attack.

Very well written as always and it felt as though I was actually there watching the action as it unfolded.

Unlucky to those who didn't cash, but well done for getting there in the first place, now enjoy the rest of your holiday.

Well done to those that have cashed well played.

Good luck to Perizoma I hope you get some DU's and can run even deeper. Hope the cards are good to you.

Tikay and Jp keep up the good work.
  • edited November 2015
    Well done to all who cashed. Good luck to perizoma the last one remaining
  • edited November 2015

Good afternoon all.

Play starts in just over an hour, & today, Nicola, aka Perizoma is flying solo.

He has 196,000 chips, with 15 minutes remaining at 6,000-12,000/2,000.

37 players remain, he sits around 25th in chips, & is guaranteed $4,455. The next ladder spot is 30th, for $5,280.

He'll need to get busy, but he still has enough to wait an orbit or two if heed be. 

Join us here in Punta Cana in wishing him the very best of luck, he really is a lovely lad.  

• edited November 2015

GL and run well Mr Peroni (other lager based drinks are available).

A couple of good hands and you will be in place to TID.