You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Road To Punta Cana

Comments

• edited November 2015

Tennis Bloke had an eventful level.

DOUBLED UP to 50,000

Then DOUBLED DOWN to 25,000, Flop J-10-5, he had 5-5-5, Matey Boy had 10-10-10

Then he had an accident, & that left him with 8,000.

Plenty time.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: The Road To Punta Cana:
    Tennis Bloke had an eventful level. DOUBLED UP to 50,000 Then DOUBLED DOWN to 25,000, Flop J-10-5, he had 5-5-5, Matey Boy had 10-10-10 Then he had an accident, & that left him with 8,000. Plenty time.
    Posted by Tikay10
    He's assured me that he's going to quadruple up this level.
  • edited November 2015

Another of our qualifiers has just wandered in & registered, "CELTICFAN".

He is going to play TODAY, "so if I bust I can re-register for Day 1b".

Think he won his package by amassing 60 zillion points a few weeks ago. He finished 2nd in the Super Roller same week, if my memory serves correct. Seems a very assured & confident young man, so good luck him.

• edited November 2015

JP has done a bit of a stocktake, & from what we can tell, we know that at least 14 of the 16 qualifiers are here in Punta Cana.

A search party has been despatched to find the stragglers.

• edited November 2015

You may well wonder why we are not sure who is, & is not, here, but this place is huge, & it's like a maze.

Here's the Site Map of Hard Rock Resort, Punta Cana. Click to enlarge, not that it will help much......

• edited November 2015
    JP has done a bit of a stocktake, & from what we can tell, we know that at least 14 of the 16 qualifiers are here in Punta Cana. A search party has been despatched to find the stragglers.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    lol hope the stragglers are ok. Good luck to all who are playing in PC hope they run golden and run deep.
  • edited November 2015

Few chip counts......

Radiofed 21,000

StayOrGo 22,000

Ivanovic 10,000

ALVEZ 50,000

Cannot find CELTICFAN, but don't read 'owt into that, there are 2 comps going & players are spread all over the shop.
  • edited November 2015

Level 6 about to commence.

Blinds will be 200/400/75.

After Completion of Level 6, there will be a 75 minute dinner break.

Think Segway Man might take a few players to dinner (there are loads of restaurants here), & I'm going to head back to my room, with fingers crossed, to see if my luggage has turned up at last. That's been a total pain, to be honest, but if it turns up tonight, Air France is (almost)forgiven.
     Have to say, their (lack of) Customer Care is "unfortunate".  

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: The Road To Punta Cana : lol hope the stragglers are ok. Good luck to all who are playing in PC hope they run golden and run deep.
    Posted by Darkangel7
    I'm sure they will be fine, but everyone is flying in on different days on different flights & routes, so it's hard to keep track of who is here.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: The Road To Punta Cana : It is pretty neat, yeah. How is UKOPS going for you so far, had any luck, playing the PLO tonight?
    Posted by Tikay10

I have not played a single event yet... my day job means 6am starts so its tough.

Friday night and Saturday I will be playing every event possible so hopefully I can play some half decent poker as i have been focusing on learning hyper turbos.

How is the resort? me and the girlfriend are going the exact same place in October after seeing it on here. I did not try to qualify because of work :(
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: The Road To Punta Cana : I have not played a single event yet... my day job means 6am starts so its tough. Friday night and Saturday I will be playing every event possible so hopefully I can play some half decent poker as i have been focusing on learning hyper turbos. How is the resort? me and the girlfriend are going the exact same place in October after seeing it on here. I did not try to qualify because of work :(
    Posted by Itsover4u
    You're in for a treat.

It's very big, and quite disorientating at first. Dozens of pools, an amazing beach, and more than 10 restaurants. I went to the Italian on Monday night, and it was easily top 3 Italian meals I've ever had, if not the best.

• edited November 2015

As JP says, it's an extraordinary place, some lovely restaurants, a beautiful beach, lovely rooms, & genuinely "all-inclusive". 

Has a very unusual "guarantee", too......

http://www.hardrockhotelpuntacana.com/hurricane-policy.htm

• edited November 2015
    2 minutes left before a 75 minute dinner break, so here's some chip counts.

radiofed28 20k
    F_Ivanovic 6k (no quadruple up)
    Alvez11 75k
    CELTICFAN 25k
    StayOrGo 16k

• edited November 2015
    Very much interested, whats for dinner? 
  • edited November 2015
    Very much interested, whats for dinner? 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Pretty much anything they want, Don.

In the Tournament Room, there is a little self-service buffet station - hot dogs, burgers, chicken wings, cakes, pastries, popcorn, sushi, all that sort of stuff, as well as a tea/coffee station & a (free) bar.

However, everyone who is staying here is "all-inclusive", so can dine in any of the restaurants for free.

There are nine (9) restaurants here.....

http://www.hardrockhotelpuntacana.com/restaurants-and-delis.htm

"Room-Service" is included, too.

Pretty good really.
  • edited November 2015
    Ah im so used to the small tournaments that usually come with one or two choices (usually not ideal for a fussy eater like myself) although that sounds absolutely amazing. 
  • edited November 2015

And in the best news of the day so far (for me....) I just received this e-Mail..........

Property Irregularity Report no: XXXXXXXX

"Dear Mr Anthony Kendall,

Your baggage item xxxxx will soon be delivered to the address that you provided to the Air France Baggage Service desk at your arrival airport. The delivery company will contact you directly to make an appointment about the final delivery.
    Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this situation may have caused.

Yours sincerely,

Air France."

So JP & the players are going to have dinner at "The Market", & I'm off to see if I can find my suitcase, so I can get myself sorted, get some clean clobber on, & smarten myself up. I feel so scruffy at the moment, wearing the clothes I arrived in. Luckily, Adam Bromley kindly loaned me a t-shirt, socks & knickers.  
  • edited November 2015
    Ah im so used to the small tournaments that usually come with one or two choices (usually not ideal for a fussy eater like myself) although that sounds absolutely amazing. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Have to say, Don, Sky Poker have done the players proud, what with Punta Cana & Viva Las Vegas, think about 56 packages have been won this year.

This place is amazingly good, & for Viva Las Vegas, the players stayed at the luxurious Venetian.

• edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: The Road To Punta Cana : Have to say, Don, Sky Poker have done the players proud, what with Punta Cana & Viva Las Vegas, think about 56 packages have been won this year.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sky poker is the Best!!
    Good luck all
  • edited November 2015
    A nd in the best news of the day so far (for me....) I just received this e-Mail.......... Property Irregularity Report no: XXXXXXXX "Dear Mr Anthony Kendall, Your baggage item xxxxx will soon be delivered to the address that you provided to the Air France Baggage Service desk at your arrival airport. The delivery company will contact you directly to make an appointment about the final delivery. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience this situation may have caused. Yours sincerely, Air France." So JP & the players are going to have dinner at "The Market", & I'm off to see if I can find my suitcase, so I can get myself sorted, get some clean clobber on, & smarten myself up. I feel so scruffy at the moment, wearing the clothes I arrived in. Luckily, Adam Bromley kindly loaned me a t-shirt, socks & knickers.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tony
    Bet the stuff in the suitcase is well Folded

Kags
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: The Road To Punta Cana : Have to say, Don, Sky Poker have done the players proud, what with Punta Cana & Viva Las Vegas, think about 56 packages have been won this year. This place is amazingly good, & for Viva Las Vegas, the players stayed at the luxurious Venetian.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    100% agree - never hid my attempts for viva Las Vegas package always looked amazing just gutted I never won one. Hope it returns soon(or hope I haven't missed a memo saying it is) - punta Cana I can't comment much on this thread looks amazing but due  to some seats being won via rake races I decided not to look more into it based on my own principles - I've never mentioned that because i also respect the business decision on them. 

Hope everyone enjoys their dinner and runs golden afterwards
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: The Road To Punta Cana : Hi Tony Bet the stuff in the suitcase is well Folded Kags
    Posted by _kagawa_
    Ha, you know me too well, I'm good at folding.
  • edited November 2015
    Dinner down let's smash this guys! Gl to all others

• edited November 2015
    ....and we're off.

(again)
  • edited November 2015

It seems we missed another player today - CxE1.

You must wonder how we miss these guys......so do we. It's just not that easy to find everyone.
  • edited November 2015

I just bumped into IH8Palace in the corridor, so that's another we can tick off as present & correct.
  • edited November 2015

Just managed to locate CxE1, aka Vinny - he got torpedoed earlier with his K-K v A-J, but has steadied the ship now & is sailing along nicely with 16,000.
  • edited November 2015
    Bad news all.

Wes/Tennis Bloke/F_Ivanovic has busted.

He managed a double up, one minute before the dinner break, but his AJ couldn't hold against the villian's 89.

• edited November 2015
    Ouch ul Tennis Bloke.
    Now enjoy Punta Cana!!
  • edited November 2015
    Big hand for CELTICFAN.

J 9 6   4

Our guy is holding JQ, and gets it in on the turn.

Villain calls with 78, meaning we need only need to avoid a 5 or 10 for a double up.