You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Let's wish ICE_TIGER a speedy recovery

Comments

• edited December 2015
    Thank you for your kind words.

I shall continue playing for as lonf as I can.
  • edited December 2015
    Im so sorry to hear your news but please Never ever give up.
    On the 12th December yes just over 1 week ago I was on a ventilator with my children being asked what my wishes would likely be.
    The doctors said there was absolutely no hope but my children insisted that they try as I have got nine lives.
    Well here I am back home bruised and battered but still here. I totally confounded all the doctors who kept coming to look at me to check I really was alive lol.
    I just wanted you to know there is always always hope whilst there is breath in your body.
    I truly hope you have the same miracle as me and although a long road ahead it may be it is a road worth travelling.
    God speed to you and strength to you and your family.
    Nannypat66

• edited December 2015
    In Response to Re: Let's wish ICE_TIGER a speedy recovery:
    Im so sorry to hear your news but please Never ever give up. On the 12th December yes just over 1 week ago I was on a ventilator with my children being asked what my wishes would likely be. The doctors said there was absolutely no hope but my children insisted that they try as I have got nine lives. Well here I am back home bruised and battered but still here. I totally confounded all the doctors who kept coming to look at me to check I really was alive lol. I just wanted you to know there is always always hope whilst there is breath in your body. I truly hope you have the same miracle as me and although a long road ahead it may be it is a road worth travelling. God speed to you and strength to you and your family. Nannypat66
    Posted by Nannypat66
    Omg Pat, am so glad that you are ok and hope you get back to fighting strength soon enough. Missed you on the tables. xx
  • edited December 2015
    Again Steve, wishing you and yrs a merry xmas under the circumstances. May all yr wishes/dreams come true.

And ace stuff nannypat!! Lovely to hear :)
  • edited December 2015
    best wishes to u & urs steve
  • edited December 2015
    Sorry to hear your bad news.

Really hope you pull through.

Best wishes and good luck.

John
  • edited December 2015
    All the very best of luck

1281 / Karim
  • edited December 2015
    Shocking news. Never met you but have had the pleasure of sharing a table with you many times, always a gent and definitely one of the good guys. 

My thoughts are with you and your family. 

Best wishes, keep fighting!
  • edited December 2015
    Hey Steve

All the best mate, thoughts are with you and your family.
  • edited December 2015
    Merry Christmas to You & Family Steve.

Inspiring Post & Attitude, I wish you well.

Lee
  • edited December 2015
    Keep fighting kiddo.

Have a great Christmas.
  • edited February 2016

Steve was hoping to attend the APAT event in Luton last weekend, but was not well enough to attend.

Thoughts are with you, Steve.  

• edited February 2016
    Best of luck sir.... stay strong
  • edited February 2016

I recorded last Tuesday's live Sky poker show and watched it Wednesday morning upon returning from work...and there you were on part one of the grudge match...very well played sir!

Misconceptions of a London tube train driver...'Don't mind the suited 5 gap'

Take care and keep peeling them off!!
  • edited February 2016
    Steve was hoping to attend the APAT event in Luton last weekend, but was not well enough to attend. Thoughts are with you, Steve.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thank You Sir!

I am still alive but the chemotherapy is leaving me in bad shape for periods of the month. Unfortunately the APAT Team Event (brilliant event) fell at the wrong time for me in my chemotherapy cycle.

• edited February 2016
    Best of luck sir.... stay strong
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Appropriate User Name ;)

It's not over yet. I can still push buttons on a computer.
  • edited February 2016
    I recorded last Tuesday's live Sky poker show and watched it Wednesday morning upon returning from work...and there you were on part one of the grudge match...very well played sir! Misconceptions of a London tube train driver...'Don't mind the suited 5 gap' Take care and keep peeling them off!!
    Posted by badcawl
    Thank You Sir!
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Let's wish ICE_TIGER a speedy recovery : Appropriate User Name ;) It's not over yet. I can still push buttons on a computer.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    so much dignity , im feeling real sad for you
    you gotta keep marching Steve.gl m8
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Let's wish ICE_TIGER a speedy recovery : Appropriate User Name ;) It's not over yet. I can still push buttons on a computer.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    Wowzer.........not sure if we should laugh or cry at that, but you are some special guy to come back with a line like that.
  • edited February 2016
    Posted by Ice_Tiger

Ouch talk about feeling bad.... but that post showed pure genius I have only ever seen from my grandmother!

My Gran was having a heart attack in Marks and spencers... one of the staff rang an ambulance and the person on the other end of the phone must of asked them for symptoms.

The lady asked what is wrong with my gran..... the which her reply was I am having a heart attack.... it must be you prices.

How she could find that line in what potentially could have been her final moments I will never understand.

Seriously though best of luck I have seen incredible things doctors said were impossible first hand! Keep the faith stay strong and keep that humour!
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Let's wish ICE_TIGER a speedy recovery : Ouch talk about feeling bad.... but that post showed pure genius I have only ever seen from my grandmother! My Gran was having a heart attack in Marks and spencers... one of the staff rang an ambulance and the person on the other end of the phone must of asked them for symptoms. The lady asked what is wrong with my gran..... the which her reply was I am having a heart attack.... it must be you prices. How she could find that line in what potentially could have been her final moments I will never understand. Seriously though best of luck I have seen incredible things doctors said were impossible first hand! Keep the faith stay strong and keep that humour!
    Posted by Itsover4u
    Don't feel bad at all - You cheered me up tremendously!

Chemotherapy is terrible and little things that can amuse me are great lifts during dark times.
  • edited February 2016
    Good luck in ur hu tonight Ice T.

Ger
  • edited February 2016
    Sending love and best wishes tiger! x
  • edited February 2016

So Sorry to hear about your illness ICE-TIGER , just hope, it's all we can do.

Jesus!!--you lot ! --- Every time I feel sorry for myself, some thread on Sky poker catches my eye and makes me realise that worse things happen at places that have no maritime significance whatsoever!
     I had a scare just after my stroke, and a scan picked up something the doctor wants to talk about---- I'm not going, because I got depressed and decided that anything I get that will kill me can just carry on doing so! ------ BUT--- THAT IS NOT THE SPIRIT OF SKY POKER !--- So I suppose I might just go to bed and go to the hospital tomorrow

Thanks ICE-TIGER--- GL GL GL GL GL GL GL--------
  • edited February 2016
    Good luck in ur hu tonight Ice T. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Thank you. Managed to win so might go out with a trophy!
  • edited February 2016
    Sending love and best wishes tiger! x
    Posted by mrsduck
    Thank you mi duck!
  • edited February 2016
        So Sorry to hear about your illness ICE-TIGER , just hope, it's all we can do. Jesus!!--you lot ! --- Every time I feel sorry for myself, some thread on Sky poker catches my eye and makes me realise that worse things happen at places that have no maritime significance whatsoever!  I had a scare just after my stroke, and a scan picked up something the doctor wants to talk about---- I'm not going, because I got depressed and decided that anything I get that will kill me can just carry on doing so! ------ BUT--- THAT IS NOT THE SPIRIT OF SKY POKER !--- So I suppose I might just go to bed and go to the hospital tomorrow  Thanks ICE-TIGER--- GL GL GL GL GL GL GL--------
    Posted by oynutter
    No point moping. Might as well enjoy what we have and make the best of it!
  • edited March 2016
    Just to uodate, I had a scan a couple of weeks ago & got the result this week. 

It shows that the main cancer tumour has stabilised, which means that it hasn't grown or shrunk since the previous scan back in December. This is good news but not great news or bad news. I had my fourth round of chemotherapy this week and am due two more before my next scan. Hopefully they will damage the cancer enough to allow me to keep going for six months or so until I am allowed further chemotherapy.

I am eating healthily and trying several cancer cures which seems to be working as the oncologist says my blood is "perfect."

After having a lot of nausea during the first two rounds of chemotherapy, the third was much better and the fourth is ok so far so hopefully that is a good sign. Eating is a bit hit & miss but is generally improving.

Thanks to so many SKY Poker players for their concern and positive vibes.
  • edited March 2016
    Hey Ice, thanks for the update, wishing you the best!

Ger
  • edited March 2016

That seems to be, on the whole, quite encouraging, Steve.

You are coping with this with magnificent fortitude.

We are all rooting for you.

Good vibes sent.