You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Problems with connection?

edited September 2016 in Poker Chat
Hello, this is not a whinging post as I love playing here.
Today,I have had connection problems in the last hour with messages such as "dns_probe".
I have Sky broadband, with a wired connection.
The problem is the same on the desktop and the laptop.
I am able to play other sites as normal.
I have been on hold to customer -services and live help with no response yet.
Has anyone else had problems, or got any ideas as to why this is happening please?

Comments

• edited February 2016
    mines gone a bit funny a few times over the last hour or so.
  • edited February 2016
    Nope, me too. Just got blinded out of the £22 lunchtime BH with 2 to the money.

Very disgruntled, have emailed customer support requesting a tournament refund.
  • edited February 2016
    Ive had the same.

Got disconeected from a £20 BH MTT in 2nd place with 12 left. When I reconnected I was in last place with 4 or 5 blinds left and didnt cash.

I'm new to Sky Poker having moved from Stars. Are such occurances frequet and how will I likely be compensated?

Been on hold for 40 mins on the phone and for longer waiting for a live chat for longer.

Any tips would be great
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Problems with connection?:
    Hello, this is not a whinging post as I love playing here. Today,I have had connection problems in the last hour with messages such as "dns_probe". I have Sky broadband, with a wired connection. The problem is the same on the desktop and the laptop. I am able to play other sites as normal. I have been on hold to customer -services and live help with no response yet. Has anyone else had problems, or got any ideas as to why this is happening please?
    Posted by winshoes
    refresh the router usually works with me mate 

sky net does this to me lots
  • edited February 2016
    I just logged out and closed it all down then restarted it. seems ok at the moment
  • edited February 2016
    this doesnt happen alot and when it does sky always own up and compensation paid. sky poker imo is better than stars on many reasons and this is defo 1 of them.

if support is taking longer than usual im guessing there is a major problem.

• edited February 2016

Hi Guys,

A problem with connectivity arose right across the SB&G Estate at approx 13.50 this afternoon.
    Engineers are addressing the issue, & the last I heard, connections were returning to normal. The Engineers are continuing to monitor the issue.

I don't have any access to that side of the Business, but I just opened half a dozen tables to see if an abnormal number of players were "AWAY" which would indicate the problem is continuing, & on that (admittedly rough & ready) observation, it seems ok now, & there were no AWAY players. However, I am on a laptop, & the problem seems to have been largely affecting Desktop & Mobile.

Hopefully the problem has ben contained & addressed, but I can't promise that as I don't know for sure.

Please understand that CC is extremely busy right now, so there may be delays in responding.

• edited February 2016

If you were in an MTT which was affected, there are rules in place to address this as fairly as possible, my apologies but I don't have them to hand right now.

I would suggest you e-Mail your grievance to CC, & they will address them in due course - which may not be until tomorrow.

Historically, Sky Poker have always addressed these problems fairly, & I'm sure they'll do so again in this instance. 
  • edited February 2016

Please note the Help & Support Page (which can be accessed at the foot of this or any other page) currently has a banner saying this.......

"High Contact Volumes

We are currently experiencing high contact volumes, so you may experience long wait times. We apologise for any inconvenience caused."

• edited February 2016

Just to re-assure you (or not....), Engineers are engaged on the issue, everyone in the Business is aware, & they will try to resolve it soonest.

I don't really know any more than that.

• edited February 2016
    Thanks for the update Tony.
  • edited February 2016

YW Andrew.

FWIW, I have started my session,  and the site - for me - seems to be playing normally.

Fingers crossed it is the same for everyone.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Problems with connection?:
    YW Andrew. FWIW, I have started my session,  and the site - for me - seems to be playing normally. Fingers crossed it is the same for everyone.
    Posted by Tikay10

I am trying to use the android version but it does not work , won't let me log on using tablet , although laptop is OK at the moment. 
  • edited February 2016
    Just tried logging in on android tablet and it is OK now.
  • edited February 2016
    Connection issues playing a DYM here too :(

Looks like a non starter....

Windows client, web client, mobile client - all won;t open the table. Loby shows chip count as was after te first hand but the blind levels are still moving up the levels... Guess it's a contact cc for a refund job......
  • edited February 2016
    I was getting connection issues earlier playing spin ups and just now on dyms (both on laptop) going to de-reg everything for a while and fingers crossed it will all be sorted before this evenings MTT grind.
  • edited February 2016
    For me as well dym all tables were disconnecting
  • edited February 2016

The problems were or are intermittent, and not affecting everyone the same or at all, so user experience may vary.
  • edited February 2016
    I was getting connection issues earlier playing spin ups and just now on dyms (both on laptop) going to de-reg everything for a while and fingers crossed it will all be sorted before this evenings MTT grind.
    Posted by jordz16
    Same here mate at the end of my dyms things started getting laggy

Not playing more for a while 

hope sky sort it for later
  • edited February 2016
    Sky doesnt want me to leave when i try and log out i get

Oops, we seem to have had a problem

Please refresh the page shortly to try again

• edited February 2016
    At 4.30 pm today got message saying communications error then it automatically logged me out.  Go to log back in and it doesnt let me was playing in 2 satelites at the time. When i managed to log back in 3 of the players at my table were away.
  • edited February 2016
    Site just froze on all my tables..i asked other people at the table

Beginning a new hand (1,001,099,619)
    mumsiedid the site stall , just then , or was it just me ?
     primalmike has won £0.22
     Beginning a new hand (1,001,099,769)
    Alarthur50me 2 must of been site
     Alarthur50 has won £0.06
     Beginning a new hand (1,001,099,923)
    17:06Chad007Either that or a mouse in my router!!!

------------------------------------------
     maxjeya06 has won £0.22
     Beginning a new hand (1,001,099,695)
    mum1been happening all day
    maxjeya06its been happening all day
    ----------------------------------------------------

17:05 XYZ has won £0.75 with Pair of Queens QsQdKdJh8d
     Beginning a new hand (1,001,099,737)
     AAAA6666 has won £0.23
    badboy0007its happened to me twice
     Beginning a new hand (1,001,099,951)
    17:06Alarthur503

• edited February 2016

I am given to understand that the issues have been resolved, but engineers will continue to monitor. 

Hope you all enjoy your Sunday evening.
  • edited February 2016
    I am given to understand that the issues have been resolved, but engineers will continue to monitor.  Hope you all enjoy your Sunday evening.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I'm afraid the problems haven't been resolved Tony
  • edited February 2016

Sorry to hear that Paul, that was my understanding, and I have 6 tables on the go, playing normally, with no AWAY players.

However, as I said earlier, it seems to affect some and not others.

Hope it soon clears for you and anyone else still affected.
  • edited February 2016
    Still cannot log in at 19:11 on tablet...........
  • edited February 2016
    ive logged in all seems fine hopefully no issues when i start the mtt grind for the night ..

• edited February 2016
    I couldn't connect on chrome and the dc wouldn't load but microsoft edge browser did, although a bit slow
    Laptop using windows 10
  • edited February 2016
    Nope, me too. Just got blinded out of the £22 lunchtime BH with 2 to the money. Very disgruntled, have emailed customer support requesting a tournament refund.
    Posted by GRINTLER
    Ok so I have been gratefully provided a tournament refund for noted tournament.

I still think there needs to be something in place for system wide dc's, especially when tournaments are on or approaching the bubble. I played the above tournament for around two hours yesterday and with 2 to the money, I looked at some of the other players and without sounding very arrogant I fancied my chances to AT LEAST cash in the tournament even though I was 7th out of 8.

I'm a reasonably profitable player so situations like yesterday beyond my control leave me feeling quite dissappointed as even though the tournament refund goes someway towards resolving, I feel like I wasted 2 hours of my time and more importantly, missed out on the potential to WIN the tournament for 10x the tournament buy in.

I accept the argument that if I had accumulated more chips before the DC then I would have had enough chips to cash, however my style is not of one to gain as many chips as possible before the tournament is intterupted! I also understand most will say it's the 'same for everyone' and this is why I propose the following to Sky.

In the case of site disconnections, after a set period of time (I suggest 20 minutes) the tournament should finish and paid out proportionally, identical to the timed touurnaments currently run on the site.

Any feedback on the idea would be appreciated.
  • edited February 2016

^^^^

Mr Grintler,

Your frustration is perfectly understandable.

Your suggestion, however.....

"In the case of site disconnections, after a set period of time (I suggest 20 minutes) the tournament should finish and paid out proportionally, identical to the timed touurnaments currently run on the site."

...is not as simple as it seems.

At what point is the "20 minute" rule invoked? The problems yesterday - & this would apply in most cases where a connectivity issue arises across SB&G - is that it affects all players differently. Some are completely unable to play, others are playing normally. If, say, 5% are disco'd, & 95% are still playing normally, stopping the MTT is going to cause a degree of heat......

The effects are felt at different times by different people, too. 

I was able to play from 3.30 until 10pm with only minimal disruption, I blinded out of one DYM out of 44 played, but otherwise (apart from trying to juggle playing my DYM's with fighting Forum fires) I was able to play uninterrupted. Others could not even log in.  So it's awkward. 

I do completely get your frustration though, & appreciate the suggestion, which I will send upstairs.