You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Problems with connection?

124»

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Whatever they pay you, Tony, it isn't enough.

Perhaps 1 person at Customer Care could save a lot of time by being proactive on here in the way you do.

In the meantime, you remain the number 1 reason to play on here-thanks

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Problems with connection?:
    , was a really good thing - I did it on Sunday afternoon, too, & also with the Mobile problem. I thought it worked well (such as it could under the trying circumstances).   So it was a bit...... frustrating to see someone - who had clearly not read them - simply say "tl:dr". (Too Long, Didn't read".) I don't get cross too easily, but I did think that was a little........ unfortunate .   
    Posted by Tikay10

Many apologies Tikay.  I (as I think others were) very frustrated last night.

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Problems with connection? : Morning Rose, & this is also addressed to anyone else who experienced the same problems. Fortunately, there does not seem to be too many who suffered in this manner, but there were undoubtedly a few. As I wrote last night, if you had registered for a MTT or SNG, & were unable to load the Table, please WRITE to Customer Care, & they'll sort it as fairly as they are able. "Write" because they are still very busy from other, mainly non-poker stuff, arising from Sunday, so the queues may be lengthy until they've cleared the backlog.  Refund for missing an evening's enjoyment? Not really possible, but the Business certainly apologises. In an ironic twist, they stuck on a "thank you, we are sorry for Sunday" £5,000 Freeroll last night, & that caused more negativity than the original problem...... It's ALWAYS bad when these things go off, there's no getting away from it. Truth is, it's the internet, & it's a very very complex beast. It does not happen often, but there's no getting away from it - it will happen, here & on every other busy online gaming site - from time to time. It just will.  I think we have all learned a few things along the way though, & I thought the idea of keeping everyone updated as we went along was a definite improvement on previous situations.   Anyway, have a good day, all of you, & enjoy your poker tonight.    
    Posted by Tikay10

Hi Tony

Thanks for the response.  I do of course realise that it's not possible to refund for a missed evenings enjoyment - but at the time of posting I was extremely heated :)    You should be aware that the shortest female on the site probably also has the shortest fuse lol.

I would like to send my thanks for the effort you put into this forum.  Being the bearer of bad news is never easy - but at least you keep us as updated as you can which is always preferable to silence.  I'd also say that whatever you're paid (unless it's on par with a Man United footballer )is nowhere near enough for the dedication you put in.

• edited February 2016

Thanks Mick, Phil, Pads, & Rose, & others who have been very kind. 

I DO understand the frustrations. I do.

I gather I'm getting beaten up pretty bad on Facebook & amongst Skype groups, but that's ok, I don't subscribe to either, & I don't really bother, if they can't say it to me to my face, here, then it means nothing.

I really do think that the last few days showed the benefit - if there can be a benefit when problems arise - of keeping you all informed. 

I was given responsibility for this Forum about 9 months ago, & I changed a few things, which nobody seems to have noticed. For starters, I don't close threads. Ever. Delete the odd post, yes, but don't close threads. It's good to talk, & if you know the Company line, it helps. Threads used to be closed daily. I think that was wrong, so I changed it. The flip side to that is that players (very few, but some) are taking advantage of that, & overly abusing the Forum, & Sky Poker. Does not seem right to me.

Anyway, as Marsellus said, we cool.

On with the fun.  

• edited February 2016

A quick side story to end on.

I'm contracted to work x hours per week, but I'm not fussed, I work far far longer, & I enjoy it. Love this place, & the people here.

I start at around 6am, work until early afternoon, (much of my work is not forum related - UKPC planning etc & other stuff), then have a daily walk to clear my head of all the negativity, & as I've got some health issues at the mo, & that's followed by my "gym session". 

Then, in the evening, glory be, I play poker. I love it to bits, can't wait to start, every night. I try to "clear the desk" first, so I can sit down, chilled, & play poker with a bunch of nice people. I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoy the evenings, its such an escape from all the days aggro, sarcasm (which I positively loathe) & nonsense. Peace at last.......

I try not to look at the Forum whilst playing, but if the fires start burning, someone usually alerts me via the Chat box. And I groan a bit.....

I 6 table PLO8, which is quite a complex game, & my mental dexterity is not quite what it was, so I have to concentrate to the max.

You should see me 6 Tabling, taking a phone call from the Boss (4 or 5 the last few evenings), reading all the e-Mails about the incident, posting them on the Forum to keep everyone updated, tables binging & bonging, good friends chat box typing "did you know you are away on 5 tables mate?" ..... I'm telling you, it's at the very limit of my abilities.

When I have to Forum Post or take a business phone call mid session, I always click the "AWAY" button. It's the right thing to do. 

On ONE occasion last night, I forgot to click it on ONE table.

And guess what?

Mr Smartypants posts this.....

"zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

You get frustrated at times? So do I. My frustrations are different to yours.

I positively loathe these cliché things.....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

????????????

!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or any combination. That's even worse.

So when my little man typed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz last night, it was hard to resist replying. I managed though, & I'm glad. A game later, I busted him. Very first hand. BOOMIO. I'll be honest, I did a little fist pump. oioi. So he had some spare time to zzzzzzzz....

Sometimes it's best to say nothing, keep schtum.

Right, work to do, UKPC stuff to sort, this that & the other.      

• edited February 2016
    A quick side story to end on. I'm contracted to work x hours per week, but I'm not fussed, I work far far longer, & I enjoy it. Love this place, & the people here.   I start at around 6am, work until early afternoon, (much of my work is not forum related - UKPC planning etc & other stuff), then have a daily walk to clear my head of all the negativity, & as I've got some health issues at the mo, & that's followed by my "gym session".  Then, in the evening, glory be, I play poker. I love it to bits, can't wait to start, every night. I try to "clear the desk" first, so I can sit down, chilled, & play poker with a bunch of nice people. I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoy the evenings, its such an escape from all the days aggro, sarcasm (which I positively loathe) & nonsense. Peace at last....... I try not to look at the Forum whilst playing, but if the fires start burning, someone usually alerts me via the Chat box. And I groan a bit..... I 6 table PLO8, which is quite a complex game, & my mental dexterity is not quite what it was, so I have to concentrate to the max.   You should see me 6 Tabling, taking a phone call from the Boss (4 or 5 the last few evenings), reading all the e-Mails about the incident, posting them on the Forum to keep everyone updated, tables binging & bonging, good friends chat box typing "did you know you are away on 5 tables mate?" ..... I'm telling you, it's at the very limit of my abilities.   When I have to Forum Post or take a business phone call mid session, I always click the "AWAY" button. It's the right thing to do.  On ONE occasion last night, I forgot to click it on ONE table.   And guess what? Mr Smartypants posts this..... "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" You get frustrated at times? So do I. My frustrations are different to yours.   I positively loathe these cliché things..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ???????????? !!!!!!!!!!!! Or any combination. That's even worse. So when my little man typed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz last night, it was hard to resist replying. I managed though, & I'm glad. A game later, I busted him. Very first hand. BOOMIO. I'll be honest, I did a little fist pump. oioi. So he had some spare time to zzzzzzzz.... Sometimes it's best to say nothing, keep schtum.   Right, work to do, UKPC stuff to sort, this that & the other.        
    Posted by Tikay10
    TLDR
  • edited February 2016

^^^^

Behave sonny Jim.
  • edited February 2016
    I became a temporary flag bearer of Team Moan last night. Not about connection issues which I had been suffering since Sunday, but just a personal frustration on missing out on the £5k freeroll due to it reaching its max entry over an hour before KO.

I didn't go as far as to suggest how unfair it was that others were in and I wasn't, or suggest ways of operating them that would guarantee me a place in a future event as that is not my place. It was a little ironic that the reward for connection issues was itself hampered by connection issues, but hardly scandalous.

Keeping an online business going 24/7 with peaks in demand and the challenges of those up to no good is extremely difficult and there will always be issues when systems availability isn't perfect.

Anyway big +1 to the support for your efforts to keep the community informed, especially when sacrificing your own enjoyment to keep that going.

As for zzzzzzz.....

The sites own "House Rules" do actually encourage the use of zzzzzz....Not sure that's great advice, but it is there.

"

Be Patient & Polite

On the flip side, if a player at your table is using all of their time bank when in a hand every time, please address the issue in a polite way. Most of the time a short string of 'zzzz' in the chat box will work. Sometimes the delay is not under the player's control, but they may appreciate you letting them know as often a lagging player will actually think it's the whole game, not realising it's their fault.

• edited February 2016

^^^^

Yeah, seen that, which, I think, as written 9 years ago by my mate Dave Bland.

It just seems such a cliché, such lazy thinking, so unoriginal. Surely these guys can do better than that, instead of just being sheep?

When a player is slow to act, there is often good reason. Dare I say connectivity issues?

Not exactly the best time for Mr Never Had an Original Thought In His Life Sarcastic Sam to pipe up, is it?
  • edited February 2016
    If someone types "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" in the chat box, I just assume their "z" key is stuck.
  • edited February 2016
    I think there is a post or a video by TK suggesting typing zzzzzzzz in the chat box...

I could be wrong.
  • edited February 2016
    I think there is a post or a video by TK suggesting typing zzzzzzzz in the chat box... I could be wrong.
    Posted by mumsie
    Not quite.....

There you go.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo2WExs47Gc
  • edited February 2016
    LoL 

Saved me a lot of time.

But hang on...i still have something up my sleeve....

Enter exhibit A....
  • edited February 2016
    Exhibit A

(Zedgate)

Stay Patient

If somebody's taking longer than you'd expect to play the hand, don't berate them with abuse. The best way to get them moving is just to put a few of these: 'zzz' in the chat.

• edited February 2016

Nothing to do with me, & I think that's tosh.

Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead.
  • edited February 2016
    Never use them myself.

Just letting you know what your up against. 

Looking out for ya. 

Messenger etc...
  • edited February 2016
    Two pulp fiction references from Tikay in one day...........

I love you honey bun...............
  • edited September 2016
    Maybe one way of getting around bugs is installing the app, which at least gives two options of how to play. For instance, today I couldn't get on today via the app (which normally works fine) but I got on through the website instead and played otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get on at all.

Not sure if website problems would affect the app also.
  • edited September 2016
    Mines being a right pain, so slow and laggy doing my head in now
  • edited September 2016
    Better take that off, id be in for it.
    Posted by chilling
    ????????