You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Problems with connection?

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Your private message will not 'send'  that's probably why no one sent you their IP.

I tried this mornining and 'send' just sticks.

If you look out of the window towards north - you will see the smoke signals I am sending. :)
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Problems with connection?:
    Your private message will not 'send'  that's probably why no one sent you their IP. I tried this mornining and 'send' just sticks. If you look out of the window towards north - you will see the smoke signals I am sending. :)
    Posted by Goody_Ace
    Ahh, gotcha.

I know exactly what that problem is.

As you can imagine, I send a LOT of PM's, & for the last 9 months or so, I've found that when I want to cut & paste info into the PM - a link, perhaps - it will not accept it. A white box comes up, "C & P info in here, then press OK" or whatever. It does not work for me, & it seems for anyone else.

Probably best not to set me off on the Forum Software, or I may get drafted into Team Moan.

• edited February 2016
    PM sent

Did have the same problem with the PM and yes it did seem related to having cut and paste into the message box.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Problems with connection? : Ahh, gotcha. I know exactly what that problem is. As you can imagine, I send a LOT of PM's, & for the last 9 months or so, I've found that when I want to cut & paste info into the PM - a link, perhaps - it will not accept it. A white box comes up, "C & P info in here, then press OK" or whatever. It does not work for me, & it seems for anyone else. Probably best not to set me off on the Forum Software, or I may get drafted into Team Moan.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    We do have a spot available now that the chubby maestro is unable to access the forum
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Problems with connection? : We do have a spot available now that the chubby maestro is unable to access the forum
    Posted by Jac35
    Ha, he wrote to me elsewhere last night & said he can't access Sky Poker at present. He'll be busy when he returns, trust me.......
  • edited February 2016
    PM sent Did have the same problem with the PM and yes it did seem related to having cut and paste into the message box.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Safely received & sent Upstairs, thank you.
  • edited February 2016

One more question.

We now have plenty of IP addresses from Virgin Media users, & it's fair to say the majority of the complainants seem to on Virgin Media.

It's not thought that Virgin Media is the ONLY problem though, as some of you are on other ISP's.

So if any of you who are NOT on Virgin Media but are experiencing this issue on Mobile can send me your...

a) Internet Service Provider (Sky, BT, EE, TalkTalk etc).

b) IP Address.

Please send the IP address by PM, to me. You may have to manually type it in to the PM, as the C & P facility is a bit wobbly.

Thank you.

Please be assured, the Tech Team are full on with investigating this matter.

• edited February 2016

A foot note to the virgin media users. Not sure when (or even if it has been done yet), but they were upgrading the speed of their broadband service to the majority of their users. Not sure if that would have any affect on the Sky Poker's servers trying to keep up or not. Defo not a techy so maybe wide of the mark....but as they say in Asda, every little helps.
  • edited February 2016
    One more question. We now have plenty of IP addresses from Virgin Media users, & it's fair to say the majority of the complainants seem to on Virgin Media. It's not thought that Virgin Media is the ONLY problem though, as some of you are on other ISP's.   So if any of you who are NOT on Virgin Media but are experiencing this issue on Mobile can send me your... a) Internet Service Provider (Sky, BT, EE, TalkTalk etc).   b) IP Address.    Please send the IP address by PM, to me. You may have to manually type it in to the PM, as the C & P facility is a bit wobbly. Thank you.   Please be assured, the Tech Team are full on with investigating this matter.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    On the plus side it's day 4 on my life without poker as I don't go for knee jerk reactions  and haven't taken my game to another site.
    On the down side the odd jobs around the house are wearing thin and I may have just reached rock bottom after deciding to wash the car? 
    More bad news that it was probably only the dirt that was holding it all together. Ah well!
    I've taken your advise re the private message but it won't let me (and they call me lucky John?) So I've sent a message to sky bet directly via twitter and hope that one day soon I can get back to taking your money sir. Although the phrase "be careful what you wish for" couldn't  be more appropriate for myself. 
    Keep us updated
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Problems with connection? : On the plus side it's day 4 on my life without poker as I don't go for knee jerk reactions  and haven't taken my game to another site. On the down side the odd jobs around the house are wearing thin and I may have just reached rock bottom after deciding to wash the car?  More bad news that it was probably only the dirt that was holding it all together. Ah well! I've taken your advise re the private message but it won't let me (and they call me lucky John?) So I've sent a message to sky bet directly via twitter and hope that one day soon I can get back to taking your money sir. Although the phrase "be careful what you wish for" couldn't  be more appropriate for myself.  Keep us updated
    Posted by onejohnb

Ha, a very pragmatic approach, & I can see you are a man who understands perspective.

You'll soon be skinning me on the tables again. I'm bang out of form, & everyone else is, so it's only fair. ;)

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Problems with connection? : We do have a spot available now that the chubby maestro is unable to access the forum
    Posted by Jac35
    Now I know how Pingu feels.
  • edited February 2016

Update, or perhaps I should say "Update?"

This has been a real headache to address, but some tweaks were made under the bonnet at about 2.30 this afternoon which MAY have helped address the problem.

For those who were on Mobile, & having connectivity issues the last few days...

Is it any better?

Any change at all that you have noticed?

It would really help if you let us know, via this thread. Investigations & diagnostics will continue if it remains unsolved, obviously. 

Thanks.  
  • edited February 2016
    Played on iPad yesterday via wifi through BT Infinity
    Same today but on iPhone as the wife nicked her iPad!

After a minor delay yesterday - all good my end.
  • edited February 2016
    Hi Tikay,
    I previously tried on laptop and android tablet when I was having problems yesterday.

I finished a DYM about an hour ago on an android phone with no problems using WiFi.
    Not sure why, but the table came loaded in the old style.
    It could just be that long since I played on a phone.

I am on virgin media so hopefully that's a good sign.

Bad news-I lost the DYM.  Sort it out Sky.

Fingers crossed.

• edited February 2016
    All seemed well (yay) but now no one can get on the £5000 freeroll............
  • edited February 2016
    freeroll because of a **** service over the weekend and now can't even load the table for that?! Ridiculous
  • edited February 2016
    Just registed for Mini but wont displayed table!! only one
  • edited February 2016
    Looking in the £5000 freeroll lobby about half the registered players have got on and are playing.

The rest of us are locked out of the tourny for the dissapointed..............#

You gotta laugh at the irony.

or cry
  • edited February 2016
    Really gutted tonight.

I've registered for the £11 Turbo, the £5.50 mini, the £5.70 UKPC game and  NONE of the tables will load :(   All I get is a pop up box on each table window saying "Communication Error - sorry, there has been a problem with your game".  Reload tables - exactly same message on each table - yet the rest of the internet is working absolutely fine on my computer - Hotmail, Facebook, BBC news etc.

I've also regged for the priority freeroll - but again the table won't open.

Very very annoyed after a long day at work and looking forward to these games.  Can't get through to CC on either chat or phone.

Hopefully I'll get full refund tomorrow - but of course how can I get refund of the enjoyment of playing the prio freeroll?

Also the £52 UKPC semi is due to start at 9.15pm - I doubt that will load either but I can't unreg for it as I won entry via satellite earlier.
  • edited February 2016
    Looking in the £5000 freeroll lobby about half the registered players have got on and are playing. The rest of us are locked out of the tourny for the dissapointed..............# You gotta laugh at the irony. or cry
    Posted by Goody_Ace
    You were on my table
  • edited February 2016

Apologies if you are having connectivity issues. 

Some are clearly having problems, whilst it is working normally for others.

I have escalated it to the Tech Team and they are investigating it as a High Priority incident.

They did ask me to pass on a suggestion that you might try to clear your caches.

Sorry I can't be more helpful right now, but  I will update you further if I hear any more.
  • edited February 2016
    Finally got on at around 9pm. Half of stack gone in blinds.
  • edited February 2016

I will Update you further with some additional information in the next 30 minutes or so.

In the interim, I am given to understand that it should be much improved now for those who had connectivity issues.

Bear with me please.
  • edited February 2016

Hi,

The Head of Product & Tech Team have been good enough to keep me updated this evening since the problems arose which some of you suffered.

As of now, it would seem to be fine.

The earlier issues are being investigated, & in doing so, an oddity was apparent, which some of you may have noted;

At the top right hand corner of the Lobby Page, there is always a "number online/number seated" sign.

It looks like this (this was a moment ago, @ 22.37).....

4556 Online2103 Seated

That was running at expected levels - including the 8.30pm Freeroll which maxed out at 2,500 - until just before 9pm, when it spiked up to 12,000 Online. That's far in excess of any previous high, & certainly did not represent "seated", just "online". (Clearly, the normal number would be seated). 

That number spiked, then fell, in quite a short period.

Investigations are continuing into this, & a full tech review will take place on the morning.

With everything seemingly stable as of now, not much more can be achieved tonight.

For those who paid to enter MTT's, SNG's or DYM's & your Tables would not load, Sky Poker will deal with these justified complaints as fairly & quickly as possible. If you were amongst that group, please send an e-Mail to Customer Care & it will be addressed soonest. 

They also asked me to pass in their sincere apologies to those who were affected or inconvenienced.

• edited February 2016

TLDR 

Tikay,

This ALWAYS happens when there is a tourney with 2500 runners!

• edited February 2016
    My problems with connectivity seem to be okay now and although I was knocked out
    I did get into the freeroll.

I would like to take this opportunity of thanking Tikay for all his hard work whilst
    this issue has been going on. There is so much negativity around various issues
    which is such a shame but you always manage to stay calm and reasonable even when I know most of us would be a little miffed to say the least.

I know it is annoying when money is on the line but you know what there are worse things at sea at they say.
    Have  a great evening and gl on the tables.

Nannypat66

• edited February 2016
    I wonder if the 12,000 on-line was due to the "free" freeroll at 2030.

Maybe lots logged on to try to enter only to find it had already maxed out, hence to sudden spike?
  • edited February 2016
    I wonder if the 12,000 on-line was due to the "free" freeroll at 2030. Maybe lots logged on to try to enter only to find it had already maxed out, hence to sudden spike?
    Posted by VespaPX
    No, it was not that. The numbers Online at 8.30pm when it began were exactly in line with players playing on site, including the 2,500 in the Freeroll.

It was not until just before 9pm - 8.58 I believe - that the numbers suddenly, & almost instantly, spiked to 12,000. Almost immediately, that number started declining, & quite rapidly & was soon back at expected & correct levels.

The whole thing was unfortunate, of course - bad for the customers, bad for the business.

As an insight, it was raised to High Priority, & the whole Tech Team were mobilised to investigate & resolve. I don't usually get to be part of these processes, or e-Mail chains, but I was on this occasion, as they had been asking me earlier to liase with the players on the earlier "Virgin Media" Mobile problem (now safely resolved).

At first, I thought the resolution of that may have been part of the cause of the later problem, you know, fix this thing & a collateral problem surfaces, so I remained in dialogue with them all evening. Between 9pm & 11pm, 25 e-Mails went back & forth. Some were just keeping me informed, others were asking me to request info, from players, try & explain what was happening, & of course, apologise for any inconvenience.

I actually thought the idea of me giving the players regular updates during the evening, whilst things were "hot", was a really good thing - I did it on Sunday afternoon, too, & also with the Mobile problem. I thought it worked well (such as it could under the trying circumstances).  

So it was a bit......frustrating to see someone - who had clearly not read them - simply say "tl:dr". (Too Long, Didn't read".) I don't get cross too easily, but I did think that was a little........unfortunate

And here's the weird thing. Whilst all that was going off, dual threads about both connectivity & Freeroll complaints, I was playing (or trying to, lol) a DYM session on a 7 year old steam driven laptop. I played 31 DYM's, in batches of 5 or 6, in 4 hours, & never had a single problem, it was smooth as silk, & there were no more "AWAY" players than normal. These things seem very user specific.

Anyway, best push on, there's some debris to clear up.      

• edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Problems with connection? : No, it was not that. The numbers Online at 8.30pm when it began were exactly in line with players playing on site, including the 2,500 in the Freeroll. It was not until just before 9pm - 8.58 I believe - that the numbers suddenly, & almost instantly, spiked to 12,000. Almost immediately, that number started declining, & quite rapidly & was soon back at expected & correct levels. The whole thing was unfortunate, of course - bad for the customers, bad for the business. As an insight, it was raised to High Priority, & the whole Tech Team were mobilised to investigate & resolve. I don't usually get to be part of these processes, or e-Mail chains, but I was on this occasion, as they had been asking me earlier to liase with the players on the earlier "Virgin Media" Mobile problem (now safely resolved). At first, I thought the resolution of that may have been part of the cause of the later problem, you know, fix this thing & a collateral problem surfaces, so I remained in dialogue with them all evening. Between 9pm & 11pm, 25 e-Mails went back & forth. Some were just keeping me informed, others were asking me to request info, from players, try & explain what was happening, & of course, apologise for any inconvenience.   I actually thought the idea of me giving the players regular updates during the evening, whilst things were "hot", was a really good thing - I did it on Sunday afternoon, too.  So it was a bit...... frustrating to see someone - who had clearly not read them - simply say "tl:dr". (Too Long, Didn't read".) I don't get cross too easily, but I did think that was a little........ ungracious .  And here's the weird thing. Whilst all that was going off, dual threads about both connectivity & Freeroll complaints, I was playing (or trying to, lol) a DYM session on a 7 year old steam driven laptop. I played 31 DYM's, in batches of 5 or 6, in 4 hours, & never had a single problem, it was smooth as silk, & there were no more "AWAY" players than normal. These things seem very user specific.   Anyway, best push on, there's some debris to clear up.          
    Posted by Tikay10
    ww:dr
    Well Written : Did Read

You, Sir have the patience of a saint.
  • edited February 2016
    Really gutted tonight. I've registered for the £11 Turbo, the £5.50 mini, the £5.70 UKPC game and  NONE of the tables will load :(   All I get is a pop up box on each table window saying "Communication Error - sorry, there has been a problem with your game".  Reload tables - exactly same message on each table - yet the rest of the internet is working absolutely fine on my computer - Hotmail, Facebook, BBC news etc. I've also regged for the priority freeroll - but again the table won't open. Very very annoyed after a long day at work and looking forward to these games.  Can't get through to CC on either chat or phone. Hopefully I'll get full refund tomorrow - but of course how can I get refund of the enjoyment of playing the prio freeroll? Also the £52 UKPC semi is due to start at 9.15pm - I doubt that will load either but I can't unreg for it as I won entry via satellite earlier.
    Posted by IrishRose
    Morning Rose, & this is also addressed to anyone else who experienced the same problems. Fortunately, there does not seem to be too many who suffered in this manner, but there were undoubtedly a few.

As I wrote last night, if you had registered for a MTT or SNG, & were unable to load the Table, please WRITE to Customer Care, & they'll sort it as fairly as they are able. "Write" because they are still very busy from other, mainly non-poker stuff, arising from Sunday, so the queues may be lengthy until they've cleared the backlog. 

Refund for missing an evening's enjoyment? Not really possible, but the Business certainly apologises. In an ironic twist, they stuck on a "thank you, we are sorry for Sunday" £5,000 Freeroll last night, & that caused more negativity than the original problem......

It's ALWAYS bad when these things go off, there's no getting away from it. Truth is, it's the internet, & it's a very very complex beast. It does not happen often, but there's no getting away from it - it will happen, here & on every other busy online gaming site - from time to time. It just will. 

I think we have all learned a few things along the way though, & I thought the idea of keeping everyone updated as we went along was a definite improvement on previous situations.

Anyway, have a good day, all of you, & enjoy your poker tonight.