You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Problems with connection?

Comments

• edited February 2016
    Well, it still isn't fixed! I can't log in on my tablet.

The sky site loads but when I press 'log in' it waits a while then says 'NO DATA RECIEVED'

Iv'e done all the usual things like reboot tablet and router - delete cache and history etc

But I cannot log in (I can't be alone in this)

I can log in on my PC (as here) but I only play on my tablet

I dare not reg for some MTT's as I won't be able to get on.

And I am still waiting for customer services to answer this. All it says is 'high volume' and no one answers
  • edited February 2016
    sites been off it last few days - i cant/still cant log in from my phone (since friday?) - laptop only, and even then i get periods of bad-lobby-lag
  • edited February 2016
    when its as bad as it was yesterday i think its better for all for sky to puase all games for say 30 mins to protect everybody.

• edited February 2016
    I had quite a few problems yesterday but it does seem to have been ok since AM today.  So fingers crossed. I imagine the very very high winds might have something to do with it as we keep having mini power cuts here so imagine its the same everywhere.
    Hope everyone gets sorted and good luck at the tables.

Nannypat66

• edited February 2016
    Sky need to make an announcment then. telling us they are having problems and the reasons. Even if they don't know why - which is pretty obvious by now)

Instead of everyone thinking it is their end and altering things on their computers to try connect.

And instead of ignoring 'live chat' for over an hour with still no response

• edited February 2016
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You got all that then sky ?

You public service you. Sky CC sat there , letting the phones ring . Ignoring chat. Playing 8 ball pool and filing their nails down to smooth perfection.

• edited February 2016
    Your connection alright then I presume............ so take the Micky out of those that isn't. Nice.
  • edited February 2016

Guys,

Sorry if some of you are having issues connecting, but I'd suggest that the problem that arose yesterday is not the cause of it. That was sorted, & the site is running normally now.

Customer Care accumulated a huge backlog yesterday - they were affected too - & they are still working through that, so yes, I can imagine that it is still a problem to speak to them. 

If you are having individual issues logging in, I can't help, & I don't really know what else to suggest.

• edited February 2016
    I suffered bad problems throughout yesterday but i have been plaing lots of dyms for the last 3 hours with no problems at all
  • edited February 2016
    Tikay - with the greatest respect; it is not all sorted. tablets and phones running on android will NOT connect.

They try to log in then - no data recieved.

I'm computer savvy and have done everything my end - but always a time out fault.

Tell em to put their cups of tea down and get back at it :)

And, I suspect that customers with access to only tablets and phones (no pc) cannot log in to post here about their troubles (catch 22) but can phone hence the log jam with customer care.
  • edited February 2016
    as im being told my tables are fine and only 1 of my stt dym was affected when i was multi tabling 3 all with same problem,
    ill take a few days break until its all sorted and fixed.

im with sky broadband aswell and was on hold for ages as thats being worse than usual aswell.

• edited February 2016
    Dont know if its any use but i had problems earlier on my iPad with the app (table wouldn't load).
    I deleted the app and downloaded it again from app store and was fine after.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Problems with connection?:
    Tikay - with the greatest respect; it is not all sorted. tablets and phones running on android will NOT connect. They try to log in then - no data recieved. I'm computer savvy and have done everything my end - but always a time out fault. Tell em to put their cups of tea down and get back at it :)
    Posted by Goody_Ace
    Ahh, the British & their cuppa.......

I don't know what else to suggest, but I'll ping a note up to the office now, & make them aware of your issues as to playing on Mobile.

FWIW, I just logged in on my Tablet (I-Pad), & it accepted the log in immediately, & opened a table with no delay at all.  
  • edited February 2016

Have now sent another note Upstairs, drawing attention to this thread.

I have no further weapons in my arsenal at this time of the day, I'm afraid.
  • edited February 2016

UPDATE.

I have had a reply, & they have passed the matter to the tech team to investigate as a priority.

If I hear further in the course of this evening, I will let you know. 
  • edited February 2016
    Thank you Tikay.

I have tried on a few android devices and phoned friends to see if it was the same for them.

It definitely is Android phones and tablets.
  • edited February 2016

^^^^

Gotcha.

Will report back if I hear further. It has been escalated.
  • edited February 2016
    Not just android.

Had problems with client so switched to chrome browser

First tournament loaded fine, 2nd one I got this error but did load after closing...

No data received

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

• edited February 2016
    Still having problema with chrome but the dc seems to load.
    As others have said, tried several android mobile devices to no avail.
    "No data received" appears on the screen.

I guess the 5 a day freeroll next week will be a little shy on numbers.

Good news for some.
  • edited February 2016

Evening. 

The techies are on the case, but some more details would be really helpful, so I am going to post a list of questions to help with the diagnosis.

Bear with me, may take me a little while, as I am mid session, with 6 tables on the go, so it's kinda awkward.
  • edited February 2016

OK, here we go.

For those having connectivity problems when attempting to use a mobile device, can you post the following please?

Make AND MODEL of device you are using.

Are you trying to use web browser, or App, or both. Have you tried both? Same result?

Who is your internet service provider?

Finally, but DO NOT POST THIS LAST ONE ON THE FORUM, SEND ME A PM PLEASE - your IP addy if you know it.

Thank you. 
  • edited February 2016
    I just logged in on my android phone and it is working, able to register for a tournament and play cash. Tried using the default browser on Android and Chrome, both working fine. Not sure if they have fixed something. I was using a wifi connection rather than 3G if that makes any difference.
  • edited February 2016

^^^^^^

Thanks, that sort of info is helpful.
  • edited February 2016
    I'm having constant "network error" "Failed to Connect" "Try again"

3 tabling on a Desctop PC, using download client.

also occasionally duplicate browser tables open because I have my browser open whilst on the forum

Edit - Using Virgin Broadband
  • edited February 2016

Also on virgin network. Getting 'network error' popping up more than the chat box pop ups. Can still play tables though, albeit lag is more noticeable.

5+ tables on chrome using the D/L
  • edited February 2016
    I am on Virgin too, pattern?
  • edited February 2016
    Hmm problem with phone thru wifi but 3g is fine.
  • edited February 2016
    Tried 3 devices: It has changed since yesterday but still no joy.

Now instead of 'no data recieved' it just shows the logging in (waiting for keyboard to pop up) for ever

The devices are; Kindle HD. HTC phone. Samsung galaxy.

Virgin media via wifi.

All 3 devices worked perfectly 2 days ago.

EDIT: and this lovely software will not let me send a private message to Tikay with my IP address
  • edited February 2016

Good morning.

I don't have anything particular to report, but I can give you a bit of an update as to where they are with it, which, I hope, gives you all some reassurance that the matter is being fully & properly addressed.

I send a LOT of questions, queries & complaints up to the Office, as you can imagine, but I rarely send anything to the top man - Product & Operations Manager - as I don't want to "cry wolf" & use up my tokens, so to speak. Complaints come in all the time, & MOST, by far, are at the User end. It was clear to me that this one was genuine, & possibly at Sky's end.

Mr Top Man replied immediately, & sent it to Head of Tech, & he in turn mobilised his Team to address it immediately as a Priority case. In the course of 3 hours last night, 15 e-Mails - mainly seeking more detailed User info - went back & forth, & I took 2 or 3 phone calls from the Office about it.

They CAN now see there is a problem, so that certainly helps. How can they "see" the problem, & when did it start?

They have a suite of monitoring tools, & they had not identified this specific problem until around 4pm yesterday. However, some of these tools are data comparison - how much is ACTUAL Mobile Traffic compared to EXPECTED levels.  The water gets a little muddied here, due to the separate, but major problem that affected all of SB&G on Sunday afternoon between 1.50pm & 6pm. 

However, as of 4pm yesterday (Monday) there was a set of signals that a problem had possibly started. Data prior to 4pm yesterday did not show any drop off. That does not mean a few of you were not experiencing the problem earlier, just that it became much wider at 4pm yesterday. And when a drop off is first identified, it is not immediately actioned, as it may be something & nothing, & disappear of its own accord minutes later.

So that's where they are at. You'd rather I wrote "sorted", but I thought a general update might give you some re-assurance that the matter is being properly & urgently addressed.

Incidentally, the last 4 complainants were all on Virgin Media, & a new complaint emerged on "Feedback" at 7pm last night - HERE - who was also on Virgin Media. I would not read too much into that yet, sample size etc., but all these little clues do help.   

• edited February 2016

One thing the Tech Team were insistent upon from the very start, & asked again & again - the IP Address of those affected. I'm not a Techie - the wiser amongst you may have spotted that...... - but this seems to be very important in identifying this problem.

Nobody so far has sent me their IP Addy, as requested last night - so if you can send me that, it would definitely help. DO NOT POST IT ON THE FORUM - send it to me via PM please.

Thank you.

Fingers crossed this can be sorted asap.