You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SORT YOUR SOFTWARE

SKY is an abomination and the software you peddle that promotes terrible hand representation is possibly the worst in the industry. The site is a shadow of its earliest beginnings when I and friends played regularly, today its performs with corrupt and perverted outcomes in the poisitive for the purposes of gambling and to reward and encourage those that see the maths as a mere bagatel.

It runs just like the media corporation; unaccountable, unbelievable and disreputable. It was good in the beginning and its terrible now- sort it!

Comments

• edited May 2016
    I guess you lost few hands huh?

• edited May 2016
    In Response to SORT YOUR SOFTWARE:
    SKY is an abomination and the software you peddle that promotes terrible hand representation is possibly the worst in the industry. The site is a shadow of its earliest beginnings when I and friends played regularly, today its performs with corrupt and perverted outcomes in the poisitive for the purposes of gambling and to reward and encourage those that see the maths as a mere bagatel. It runs just like the media corporation; unaccountable, unbelievable and disreputable. It was good in the beginning and its terrible now- sort it!
    Posted by Diogenes
    Part of a great line by Peter Allis at the Open

• edited May 2016
    Hey, cut the OP some slack, it is the feedback and suggestions forum.

• edited May 2016
    Hey, ive a thread for that little chap on the end.
  • edited May 2016
    SKY is an abomination and the software you peddle that promotes terrible hand representation is possibly the worst in the industry.
    Posted by Diogenes
    I have played on many sites and the software most definitely is not amongst the worst in the industry.

I played quite a few package qualifiers on the site that is the main sponsor of this years WSOP and had issues every night!

On some sites there is either no functioning hand replayer or one that works much less effectively than the one here. It would be nice to see the hand replayer showing the hands like an action replay but that really is a minor grumble, the one in place does work perfectly well and allows copy/pasting of hands to the forum.

The download client doesn't work for me and some others I have spoke to but that is not an issue as the browser play, far from being amongst the worst in the industry, is amongst the best I have played on. I have heard people report several bugs on the download client so I am more than happy to play via the browser which rarely gives me any issues even if playing numerous tables.

The site is a shadow of its earliest beginnings when I and friends played regularly, today its performs with corrupt and perverted outcomes in the poisitive for the purposes of gambling and to reward and encourage those that see the maths as a mere bagatel.
    Posted by Diogenes
    Apart from being completely subjective this just seems hyperbolic in the extreme.

It runs just like the media corporation; unaccountable, unbelievable and disreputable.
    Posted by Diogenes
    Sky is accountable, that is an undisputable fact! They have to satify numerous regulatory bodies. The 'unbelievable' part sounds like some hands didn't go your way so rather than look at internal factors (your game) it is easier to just blame outside factors (Sky). Disreputable... How so? Like every other site issues seem to emerge now and then but I haven't seen one example of Sky doing anything even remotely underhand. On the contrary from what I have seen they have went above and beyond and support a lot of leagues etc via the forum, which sure may be in their interest, but isn't something they need to do. The rakeback also is up at the highest levels I have seen on a site and the promotions seem very generous too!

Sky may not be perfect and sure constructive feedback is good but this just seems like a bitter post filled with Rhetoric, hyperbole and untruths written as is from the perspective that you are a prisoner of Sky forced in some way to play here.

There are improvements I would love to see here but what is in place currently is very far removed from "unaccountable, unbelievable and disreputable" or "amongst the worst in the industry". Also the communication between players and staff is excellent (in great part thanks to Tikay who seems to be happy to help out players with issues big & small). I have also found live chat easy to get a hold of and always eager to solve any issues.

Even cashouts seem very easy compared to many other sites; I cashed out from one other site to an ewallet last week and it took almost a week. I also know another site where players are currently waiting for months. Thus far everything I have requested has been done in under a day.
  • edited May 2016

You can get much better perverted outcomes on other websites.

• edited May 2016
    i dont want AA every 4 hands; i don't want royal flushes like theyre ten a penny,...... i want poker, bad beats and big hands in regulation. EVERY test i do shows results in the positive,.......WHY?

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE:
    i dont want AA every 4 hands; i don't want royal flushes like theyre ten a penny,...... i want poker, bad beats and big hands in regulation. EVERY test i do shows results in the positive,.......WHY?
    Posted by Diogenes
    Been there a few times.
  • edited May 2016
    i dont want AA every 4 hands; i don't want royal flushes like theyre ten a penny
    Posted by Diogenes
    I do :D
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : I do :D
    Posted by markycash
    Yeah becuase you're part of the problem and not the solution. poker is a mathematical game and screwing with the math completely destroys the gameplay. 

only an idiot would settle for skewed outcomes, simply because they (you) can't do the math.

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Yeah becuase you're part of the problem and not the solution. poker is a mathematical game and screwing with the math completely destroys the gameplay.  only an idiot would settle for skewed outcomes, simply because they (you) can't do the math.
    Posted by Diogenes
    Ah I see, well thanks for setting me straight!
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Ah I see, well thanks for setting me straight!
    Posted by markycash
    Well that's you put in your place.

Where's the abacus when you need it?
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Well that's you put in your place. Where's the abacus when you need it?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Yeah, gutted!

*sheepishly wanders off to order a calculator on ebay*
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Yeah becuase you're part of the problem and not the solution. poker is a mathematical game and screwing with the math completely destroys the gameplay.  only an idiot would settle for skewed outcomes, simply because they (you) can't do the math.
    Posted by Diogenes

y'all murcan?
  • edited May 2016
    Tell you what Markycash, your belief in accountability within a section of the gambling industry that in the main operates offshore and has, variously, been hit by scandals ranging across diverse criminal activities, makes you a naive sheep. Those bodies you refer to are no different to other bodies, like fifa and the like but in this case they have a direct relationship with activities for avoiding scrutiny, not to mention money laundering, tax evasion and tax avoidance. 
    Any attempt to independently analyse SKY software and the outcomes in the positive range of pre-flop hand production and completion would show exactly what I have said; a range in the positive that produces skewed mathematical probabilities. 

SKY poker barely has any of its original members, for want of a better term, and the gambling attitude for profit of those that run it, choosing bounty hunters over other types of gameplay to futher skew activity, is poor to say the least. The software is awful, the outcomes incredible and the game type moronic. Those like you that defend it haven't witnessed it's demise, it's lost credibility and remains a very poor poker site run by people that refuse to improve it. Compare it to p'stars and see how they respond to member considerations and accurate software, they are the industry leaders and lead by example, SKY has worldwide notoriety and it's no surprise it can't step up to the plate and create a positive and honest poker site. Garbage is the word and sheep like you fall over yourselves to protect it, makes you foolish at best.

• edited May 2016
    Tell you what Markycash, your belief in accountability within a section of the gambling industry that in the main operates offshore and has, variously, been hit by scandals ranging across diverse criminal activities, makes you a naive sheep. Those bodies you refer to are no different to other bodies, like fifa and the like but in this case they have a direct relationship with activities for avoiding scrutiny, not to mention money laundering, tax evasion and tax avoidance.  Any attempt to independently analyse SKY software and the outcomes in the positive range of pre-flop hand production and completion would show exactly what I have said; a range in the positive that produces skewed mathematical probabilities.  SKY poker barely has any of its original members, for want of a better term, and the gambling attitude for profit of those that run it, choosing bounty hunters over other types of gameplay to futher skew activity, is poor to say the least. The software is awful, the outcomes incredible and the game type moronic. Those like you that defend it haven't witnessed it's demise, it's lost credibility and remains a very poor poker site run by people that refuse to improve it. Compare it to p'stars and see how they respond to member considerations and accurate software, they are the industry leaders and lead by example, SKY has worldwide notoriety and it's no surprise it can't step up to the plate and create a positive and honest poker site. Garbage is the word and sheep like you fall over yourselves to protect it, makes you foolish at best.
    Posted by Diogenes
    We all have choices in life.
    Players here choose to play here.
    You obviously don't like this site so just do one and leave us to carry on what we enjoy.

Oh and I don't quite understand how Skypoker has "worldwide notoriety" as its mainly only available in the uk ?

• edited May 2016
    Tell you what Markycash, your belief in accountability within a section of the gambling industry that in the main operates offshore and has, variously, been hit by scandals ranging across diverse criminal activities, makes you a naive sheep. Those bodies you refer to are no different to other bodies, like fifa and the like but in this case they have a direct relationship with activities for avoiding scrutiny, not to mention money laundering, tax evasion and tax avoidance.  Any attempt to independently analyse SKY software and the outcomes in the positive range of pre-flop hand production and completion would show exactly what I have said; a range in the positive that produces skewed mathematical probabilities.  SKY poker barely has any of its original members, for want of a better term, and the gambling attitude for profit of those that run it, choosing bounty hunters over other types of gameplay to futher skew activity, is poor to say the least. The software is awful, the outcomes incredible and the game type moronic. Those like you that defend it haven't witnessed it's demise, it's lost credibility and remains a very poor poker site run by people that refuse to improve it. Compare it to p'stars and see how they respond to member considerations and accurate software, they are the industry leaders and lead by example, SKY has worldwide notoriety and it's no surprise it can't step up to the plate and create a positive and honest poker site. Garbage is the word and sheep like you fall over yourselves to protect it, makes you foolish at best.
    Posted by Diogenes
    Isn't 'Stars going down the toilet for various reasons?
  • edited May 2016
    SKY is an abomination and the software you peddle that promotes terrible hand representation is possibly the worst in the industry. The site is a shadow of its earliest beginnings when I and friends played regularly, today its performs with corrupt and perverted outcomes in the poisitive for the purposes of gambling and to reward and encourage those that see the maths as a mere bagatel. It runs just like the media corporation; unaccountable, unbelievable and disreputable. It was good in the beginning and its terrible now- sort it!
    Posted by Diogenes

Very interesting to hear you talk about playing the site at its 'earliest beginnings' I was sure it was up and running before April 2016.........

Or maybe....nah surely not, especially when complaing about a sites intergrity, it would just be too ironic.......
  • edited May 2016
    Posted by Diogenes
    You do realise we live in a capitalist society and that as such you have the choice to take your custom to any site you wish?

*Still waiting on my calculator to arrive from ebay*
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Been there a few times.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    This is gold.......

He didn't reply so guess a sore subject right now 
  • edited May 2016
    "Individual choice, do one, et al."

Freedom of speech goes a long way in a democracy and, for the record, i'm here because I have a sports betting account. I don't need to justify that but those running this site should have to justify bad software and should be made accountable and in a transparent way. But if you have independent evidence of the scrutiny and evidence based accuracy of software then let me have it. It will contradict my exploration of hand production and outcomes from AA to Royals and more besides, all in the positive. How is that if the software isn't behaving in the positive production? Anyone erudite enough to give alternative explanation to what everyone witnesses at these tables?

The current bodies and regulations for scrutiny are non-existent and it takes more than a moan to the gambling commission to get scrutiny and impossible to get accountability. Like most sports and games, poker is tarnished by those that corrupt it at it's source, and the online market is the obvious place to do that. The cold deck of algorithms is by definition corruptable and by complication of reproducing almost infinite outcomes, the online game is only as good as the investment into the software. If you understand that perfection is impossible you have to understand that only a negative or positive value is applied to the software. Positive values create more hand production both pre and post flop and therefore create more gambling, more action and more profit to the site, until they can no longer sustain credibility that is, which skypoker has struggled with for a long time. 

As for choice, or not complaining, I pay my way and that earns me the right to demand better, whether it's forthcoming or not and those here that wish to deny anyone wishing to complain are at the root of the problem. Within any collective it is the sycophants that drown out democracy and the fawning foolish that argue black is white and to maintain the consensus. Wake up and smell the coffee or at least give me something intelligent to reply to, rather than sycophantic adoration for SKY,........ poker, that has the international notoriety if not the sense to stretch the game there!

As for p'stars collapsing in on itself- well last I looked they were still market leaders?
  • edited May 2016
    And yet you still play poker on here!
  • edited May 2016
    Sky get audited annually by a 3rd party in order to get their gambling license renewed*:

The company that audits them gives a good overview of RNG application:

And if you believe that a company as big as Sky are corrupt (I know, they only have 20% share of the gambling empire now, but still) then you may as well just give up online poker entirely.  Their company revenues dwarf that of Amaya (the owners of stars) and so if Sky are corrupt, we may as well assume that all online poker is bent.

I don't believe that to be the case so I continue to play.  If you do, just quit all of it. Stick to playing live from now on.

* I may have not used the most up to date link from the Sky site - presumably there has been a more recent RNG audit than 2009?
  • edited May 2016
    So let me get this straight... The guy is saying that Sky is corrupt, unregulated, unaccountable and their RNG is skewed and that they are completely unstrustworthy so his conclusion is...

He wants them to upgrade their software?

If you thought a company was corrupt and trying to fleece you... Why the (insert expletive here) would you want them to 'sort their software'?

If I was of the opinion a company was corrupt I coudn't give a 'Castlemine 4X' what they done with their software I simply wouldn't be playing on the site, period.

For such a mathematics expert it seems your ability to juggle a couple of variables and come to a solid conclusion is ever so slightly lacking.

*calculator still hasn't arrived from ebay & starting to suspect this is a level*

• edited May 2016
    @shakinaces- all licences are given under terms agreed by industry standards, effectively self governing and p*ssing in the same pot if you'll pardon the age old reference. However, your point is understood but those audits are undertaken within the scope of those governing bodies that allow for certain criteria being met but by no means is that a standard that compares with a real deck. If you look further you will find that there are ' expected parameters' that must be met but they, like any gambling software allowances, are subject to falling within a range of accuracy: they are not expected to be an 100% replication of a deck of cards. If you look even further you will find dissenting voices that hold greater weight than mine but you will also find it's supporters and a general attitude of 'it is what it is', a bit like FIFA perhaps, if you take my meaning.
    I recognise you're point of view and were it possible in the general scheme of things I would go back to playing live, as it was when I started, many years ago but there isn't the opportunity in the same way. I play whenever I'm attached to sportsbetting (your comments regarding SKY and the bigger picture is my reason for being here) and that's due to my coming from a family of bookmakers, I probably should heed your advice and exercise a vote with my metaphorical feet, which will no doubt happen again because I know the SKYpoker package could be massively improved.

@markycash- for someone that has been complaining about donks at the lowest cash tables, "playing a range as low as 84o", I feel I'm not in any way pressured to test my math against yours, or the factual research I've done, that includes touting for information from most available bodies and avenues for critical information that questions the veracity of software and other related issue's. The vested interests aren't angels but falling short of dumping bodies in the ground, they're no doubt a sight better than those that ran Vegas and the world of gambling, including poker, previously- they were called the MAFIA if you didn't know.

• edited May 2016
    p.s any assumption that SKY is somehow reputable by way of an ethical standpoint because they are so BIG, is a bit much to be honest. Remember the phone-hacking scandals? Any company, however large or small, capable of overseeing that is capable of almost anything and increasing revenue at the expense of ethical opinion, for giant corporations the world over, is an absolute industry standard- until they get caught that is. 
  • edited May 2016
    p.s any assumption that SKY is somehow reputable by way of an ethical standpoint because they are so BIG, is a bit much to be honest. Remember the phone-hacking scandals? Any company, however large or small, capable of overseeing that is capable of almost anything and increasing revenue at the expense of ethical opinion, for giant corporations the world over, is an absolute industry standard- until they get caught that is. 
    Posted by Diogenes
    Why do you still play on here?
  • edited May 2016
    And yet you still play poker on here!
    Posted by VespaPX
    I have my doubts.
  • edited May 2016
    Thanks for starting this debate Diogenes , im following daily.

I see youve played 120 tournies  on sky and are down 235 quid , im over 600 quid down, playing 1200+ tournies. So, im not doing too good.

Im not suspicious of Sky and am happy to play here daily.

Ive won my share of hands that I didnt even belong in, Ive been knocked out by ATC more than I care to mention.

I think , 'if I improve my game, my result will improve' .

Im only human and if my thinking is flawed , well, im here to learn.

Now, if your correct and its actually the RNG thats flawed....I probably should change my thought process.

Maybe I dont need to improve at all, if they fixed the RNG, I could actually be up the top a winning player, where me and you both deserve to be, and most of the players that do well on sky, they will be down the bottom , where they belong.

When you say the RNG isnt quite right  , how exactly are you suggesting its tweaked in the wrong direction ?

I ask because, I dont see how SKy can benefit from having a broken RNG, the money sky make comes from the Rake, they care nothing about the outcome of the cards .

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : I have my doubts.
    Posted by raggy94
    He has been quite recently but fails to explain why, when he writes hundreds of words about how bad the software is.