You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SORT YOUR SOFTWARE

Comments

• edited May 2016
    @mumsie- 120 tournies and down £235, thats outrageous. However, given I'm most often getting smashed with the best cards and my chips in good, I fail to see the significance? Running bad with good cards, perhaps? Running bad with miracle beats, maybe? AA running (apparently) something like 3 or 4 times the expected standard but still expecting to lose with em, could be? Then the general play of those that ship any 2 in any situation and somehow manage to find those miracle 1 and 2 outers, got to be a chance of that and me playing like a **** of course, particularly when tilting and fishing due to the aforementioned.

Truth is, though I can't admit to playing perfect poker, any slight deviation from those outcomes, what I would call normal results or results within expected probability, I reckon I'd be doing just fine and showing a profit. As it is, £200 is a good p*ss up, maybe I should go out more instead?

To answer your question regarding RNG's, it might help for you to be aware of a strange fact; that since the first deck of cards was invented and every other deck of cards thereafter, there has been no 2 shuffles placing the cards in the same position throughout the deck (thats big math). If you think the RNG investment of your average poker site is capable of matching that then you might wish to understand the implications better. The resulting outcome of trying, if you cannot replicate it !00% is something either in the negative or positive range, there is no other possibility. I ran nearly 500,000 hands through a poker analyser with pokerstars and found my predictions to be mostly right and all in the positive range, whether starting with high pairs and the usual suspects or hand outcomes right through to the river. I did the same here with a much smaller sample, twice, and it was worse and within these latest 120 tournies I'm already witnessing the same. 

Perhaps you would enlighten me?

@all- I have my money in banks, I vote for political parties, I buy product from a massive range of corporations, I have private pensions and I have donated to various charities over the years. Guess what? They have mostly all been found to be corrupt- are you going to ask me why I still use them too?
  • edited May 2016
    I was led to believe that position and the betting were the most important factors in playing poker,and not the cards.
    Im only a rec, i know nothing!
  • edited May 2016
    120 MTTs? Monster sample size.

Running 500,000 hands through a poker analyser. Man, really wish my life was as exciting and fulfilled as yours.
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE:
    120 MTTs? Monster sample size. Running 500,000 hands through a poker analyser. Man, really wish my life was as exciting and fulfilled as yours.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

The 120 tournies was promoted by someone else? Like I had to personally do the analysis on the 500,000 or might it have been done for me ffs? Geez, that's the level of intelligence I'm aiming my comments at- moment of clarity!!!!

• edited May 2016
    @all- I have my money in banks, I vote for political parties, I buy product from a massive range of corporations, I have private pensions and I have donated to various charities over the years. Guess what? They have mostly all been found to be corrupt- are you going to ask me why I still use them too?

Well i guess someone has to ask

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : The 120 tournies was promoted by someone else? Like I had to personally do the analysis on the 500,000 or might it have been done for me ffs? Geez, that's the level of intelligence I'm aiming my comments at- moment of clarity!!!!
    Posted by Diogenes
    ''Here mate, I've had AK beaten by JT twice in a row, can you run half a million hands through this please? Cheers''.
  • edited May 2016

Here is a link you may find useful...

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/
  • edited May 2016
    To answer your question regarding RNG's, it might help for you to be aware of a strange fact; that since the first deck of cards was invented and every other deck of cards thereafter, there has been no 2 shuffles placing the cards in the same position throughout the deck (thats big math). If you think the RNG investment of your average poker site is capable of matching that then you might wish to understand the implications better. The resulting outcome of trying, if you cannot replicate it !00% is something either in the negative or positive range, there is no other possibility.
    Posted by Diogenes
    Where is your proof?  Both that it has never happened with a live deck - or that among hands you've been dealt on any poker site, this has happened to you?

lol @ the thought that a small sample of hands from no more than 120 MTT games is going to provide some sort of statistical evidence comparable to that provided by a 500k hand PT/HEM database analysis.

Am surprised the thread hasn't been removed yet - I do congratulate you on your trolling skills :)
  • edited May 2016
    Im not a mathematical wizzkid
    I am a NAN. Like 90% of people
    I play for fun and hope I win some times
    Ive won a bit of cash which is fantastic and had the opportunity of playing for some
    fabulous prizes like trips to Vegas etc.
    If you are that unhappy what the hell are you doing still playing on the site and
    moaning and insulting those of us who really really enjoy playing on this site.
    All the doubletalk and inuendo's does nothing but give me a headache.
     We are happy on this site and you obviously are not so find another site pretty please.
    lots of good luck
    Nannypat66

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Where is your proof?  Both that it has never happened with a live deck - or that among hands you've been dealt on any poker site, this has happened to you? lol @ the thought that a small sample of hands from no more than 120 MTT games is going to provide some sort of statistical evidence comparable to that provided by a 500k hand PT/HEM database analysis. Am surprised the thread hasn't been removed yet - I do congratulate you on your trolling skills :)
    Posted by shakinaces

I didn't reference the 120 tournies as a mark for scrutiny, somebody else did, but the 500,000 hands were mine and the simple process of investing in a software programe that collates information for reference, was to check everything from gameplay to hand production and outcomes. I used it through all the sites I played and with good reason, you seem not to understand?

As for proof that such hasn't happened with regard the math required to shuffle a deck of cards the same way twice, why don't you do some math yourself? Reason why not, you can't and that's why your comments are nonsense. Do the numbers or don't comment and make yourself look stupid. Let the troll police do their worst and remove the post, I won't lose sleep over being better informed than you and you skriking through ignorance.

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : ''Here mate, I've had AK beaten by JT twice in a row, can you run half a million hands through this please? Cheers''.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    You should try irony over sarcasm, it's a better class of wit and has it's baseline in intelligence not ignorance. Eviva!

p.s, you don'y need speech marks when typing your own message. ;)

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : You should try irony over sarcasm, it's a better class of wit and has it's baseline in intelligence not ignorance. Eviva! p.s, you don'y need speech marks when typing your own message. ;)
    Posted by Diogenes
    Need a spell checker though.

Still haven't answered my question as to why you still play on here if its so bad?
  • edited May 2016
    Im not a mathematical wizzkid I am a NAN. Like 90% of people I play for fun and hope I win some times Ive won a bit of cash which is fantastic and had the opportunity of playing for some fabulous prizes like trips to Vegas etc. If you are that unhappy what the hell are you doing still playing on the site and moaning and insulting those of us who really really enjoy playing on this site. All the doubletalk and inuendo's does nothing but give me a headache.  We are happy on this site and you obviously are not so find another site pretty please. lots of good luck Nannypat66
    Posted by Nannypat66

Thanks for the rhetorical outburst and the advice led request. I'll consider it in full, alongside the other likeminded comments and requests. If you're lucky I might even give it credence and ask your permissions in the future to comment and play, perhaps I should pay extra for the privilige! 

• edited May 2016
    Can all you guys play a £55DYM pls.   I BE WATCHING!!
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Need a spell checker though. Still haven't answered my question as to why you still play on here if its so bad?
    Posted by VespaPX

I wasn't aware you was owed some explanation, even though it's already been answered but, seemingly, you failed to pick up on several comments? Perhaps you want some philosophical debate on the merits and pitfalls of gambling, online poker or something deep and meaningful off topic? 

You don't 'own' those opinions, you're just touting them as somehow important, even though you do no evidence based research or mathematical analysis and you can't debase my comments with little digs and rhetorical questions that infer an alternative meaning. I play where I want, if or when I want and I certainly don't need your permission or approval. Hope that's understood, maybe google the math whilst your busy thinking up an insult?

• edited May 2016
    Did you eat a dodgy thesaurus burger recently and decided to vomit the contents of your stomach onto this forum?
    Oh and it's maths not math!
  • edited May 2016
    I think this is a wind up thread, taking the alias diogenes literally.
  • edited May 2016
    I think this is a wind up thread, taking the alias diogenes literally.
    Posted by chilling
    Spot on
    He believed that virtue was better revealed in action than in theory. He used his simple lifestyle and behaviour (which arguably resembled poverty) to criticize the social values and institutions of what he saw as a corrupt or at least confused society. 
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Spot on He believed that  virtue  was better revealed in action than in theory. He used his  simple lifestyle  and behaviour (which arguably resembled poverty) to criticize the social values and institutions of what he saw as a corrupt or at least confused society. 
    Posted by VespaPX
    well done for finding wikipedia- now check math or maths!!!!! sides splitting a bit now.

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : well done for finding wikipedia- now check math or maths!!!!! sides splitting a bit now.
    Posted by Diogenes
    Do you think that being a mainly six seater site makes any difference to your thoughts diogenes?
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : well done for finding wikipedia- now check math or maths!!!!! sides splitting a bit now.
    Posted by Diogenes
    Maybe I should do a Stewart Lee impression and carp on about how Socrates committed suicide as an act of 'poverty and lifestyle', rather than to demonstrate his superior being to those who sought to demean his wisdom, by choosing to end his life rather than be servile to institutions lacking the virtues of philosophical reason? Yeah, maybe I should do that on wikipedia and then see if the real Stewart Lee ever reads it and thinks to himself, I can't remember writing this; maybe I was p!ssed or something? 

Or maybe Vespa dunnit when he was reading it to try find an intelligent quote to look good on skypoker forum?
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Do you think that being a mainly six seater site makes any difference to your thoughts diogenes?
    Posted by chilling
    I prefer 9 and the math probabilities get bigger with 6!!!! Less is more perhaps, but it shouldn't be!!!
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Spot on He believed that  virtue  was better revealed in action than in theory. He used his  simple lifestyle  and behaviour (which arguably resembled poverty) to criticize the social values and institutions of what he saw as a corrupt or at least confused society. 
    Posted by VespaPX

I feel like I should drive a point or two home now so follow this link, its only about the shuffles in a deck of cards (don't be scared but I figure you've already sneaked a peak but just kept quiet about it)

https://www.math.hmc.edu/funfacts/ffiles/10002.4-6.shtml
    alternatively, read this quote from the link and ask me again for proof it hasn't happened yet,' 
    How big is this number? Well,...... (the comma and full stops for emphasis-not quoted) someone shuffling a deck of cards once per second since the beginning of the universe (believed to be about 14 billion years ago) would not have shuffled the deck more than 1018 times. 

Hoo Roo Vespa ;)

• edited May 2016
    Why not whip the teacher when the pupil misbehaves. ?   just saying.!
  • edited May 2016
    Found that link interestig but, and I am only simple, dont get the real relevance of it.

Get the whole 52x51x50 bla bla - but, in poker - we do not use all 52 cards - so the likely hood of seeing the same run out is higer than that if dealing say 12 face cards to players then 5 turn cards.  rest does not matter.

Also - the term "random" is quite interesting and peoples perception.  I get dealt KK 3 times in a row - boom - i like random - then i loose 3 x kk all in pre in a row - must be a fix right?

Darren brown once flipped a coin ten times in a row and landed on heads - he said was going to do it - he did.  took him 9 hours of flipping a coin every 5-10 seconds - but got there!  point is - Random sometimes does not seem random when a totally random event happens two or 3 times.

Until the day comes there is a scandle - I would leave it that all successful sites play within the rules and are legit.  Anything else makes no difference to them.  Yes - there are dodgy goings on at top level in some companies - wouldnt doubt it - but I have never been informed enough to ever make a judgement call on anything like that, nor would i want to.  On here, I am but a punter who enjoys the game and all that comes with it.  Personally - I would leave it now - think point you got is across. we are but mere mortals

Gl on tables sir and may the odds be ever in your favour
  • edited May 2016
    Posted by Diogenes
    Math is commonly used in the US, Canada whereas maths is commonly used in the UK.
    As this is a UK site then maths it is.
  • edited May 2016
    Found that link interestig but, and I am only simple, dont get the real relevance of it. Get the whole 52x51x50 bla bla - but, in poker - we do not use all 52 cards - so the likely hood of seeing the same run out is higer than that if dealing say 12 face cards to players then 5 turn cards.  rest does not matter. Also - the term "random" is quite interesting and peoples perception.  I get dealt KK 3 times in a row - boom - i like random - then i loose 3 x kk all in pre in a row - must be a fix right? Darren brown once flipped a coin ten times in a row and landed on heads - he said was going to do it - he did.  took him 9 hours of flipping a coin every 5-10 seconds - but got there!  point is - Random sometimes does not seem random when a totally random event happens two or 3 times. Until the day comes there is a scandle - I would leave it that all successful sites play within the rules and are legit.  Anything else makes no difference to them.  Yes - there are dodgy goings on at top level in some companies - wouldnt doubt it - but I have never been informed enough to ever make a judgement call on anything like that, nor would i want to.  On here, I am but a punter who enjoys the game and all that comes with it.  Personally - I would leave it now - think point you got is across. we are but mere mortals Gl on tables sir and may the odds be ever in your favour
    Posted by Nuggy962

Fair comment. The math is very important but your comment also represents why it's also incidental to many punters, perhaps a significant majority. Striving for the best outcomes should be at the heart of playing and producing poker, nothing else matters to me beyond that. GL to you too.

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Math is commonly used in the US, Canada whereas maths is commonly used in the UK. As this is a UK site then maths it is.
    Posted by VespaPX
    Common usage means nothing, both are right and always have been. 

i know it's hard being proven lacking in some regard, but it shouldn't prevent you trying to learn. Self praise is no recommendation, particularly when you aren't basing your comments on knowledge or information. In fact it makes you little more than a bigot and most intelligent people know they never change their minds. 

I'm done here, thanks for lending weight to my arguments. G.L

• edited May 2016
    What was your previous alias out of interest?
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Common usage means nothing, both are right and always have been.  i know it's hard being proven lacking in some regard, but it shouldn't prevent you trying to learn. Self praise is no recommendation, particularly when you aren't basing your comments on knowledge or information. In fact it makes you little more than a bigot and most intelligent people know they never change their minds. Im done here, thanks for lending weight to my arguments. G.L
    Posted by Diogenes

Sticks n stones.........
    Won't lose any sleep
    Byeeeeeeee