You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SORT YOUR SOFTWARE

Comments

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE:
    What was your previous alias out of interest?
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    WalterMitty
  • edited May 2016
    Hey i was on same table as diogenes in mayhem, but nothing to report apart from his exit hand.Gloss over that.
    Tbh ,i did see some unusual pocket cards tonight.All these in succsession.66×2, k10×2 but the most unusual was 68h×2, last one being odds of........................waiting for a cleverer person than moi.
  • edited May 2016
    Hey i was on same table as diogenes in mayhem, but nothing to report apart from his exit hand.Gloss over that. Tbh ,i did see some unusual pocket cards tonight.All these in succsession.66×2, k10×2 but the most unusual was 68h×2, last one being odds of........................waiting for a cleverer person than moi.
    Posted by chilling[/QUOTEA mayhem freerool,...... jeez, what was the buy-in? you be careful with your euros dude!!!!

i'm gonna try get sky poker in nursing homes, could improve the output/input! Any thoughts?

• edited May 2016
    gotta love a tryer eh
  • edited May 2016
    Never had or used a euro so thats incorrect,sterling for me.I see all sites have very strange and bizarre outcomes in certain hands, but unless it favours an indivual im not bothered.It is a level playing field unless you can prove me wrong.I would expect the better players to be more aggrieved as they would have more to lose.Is your objective to get an outcry of agreement and leave your handprint in the wet concrete.
  • edited May 2016
    Never had or used a euro so thats incorrect,sterling for me.I see all sites have very strange and bizarre outcomes in certain hands, but unless it favours an indivual im not bothered.It is a level playing field unless you can prove me wrong.I would expect the better players to be more aggrieved as they would have more to lose.Is your objective to get an outcry of agreement and leave your handprint in the wet concrete.
    Posted by chilling
    you don't know the odds of certain hole cards and their repeats (i do) when all you have to do is google? Yet you feel you have the right and ammunition to gun for me? Go away lightweight and leave it for the sarcastic like hhdhhtyyyhddrssffhhtyrry!!!
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : you don't know the odds of certain hole cards and their repeats (i do) when all you have to do is google? Yet you feel you have the right and ammunition to gun for me? Go away lightweight and leave it for the sarcastic like hhdhhtyyyhddrssffhhtyrry!!!
    Posted by Diogenes
    Can you please tell me how you use your equation for variance against bluffers,misclicks and luckbox's.
    I cant understand why an intelligent person like yourself would winge.Unless of course its power seeking.No good on me as i treat everyone the same.
  • edited May 2016
     Go away lightweight and leave it for the sarcastic like hhdhhtyyyhddrssffhhtyrry!!!

lol fame at last
  • edited May 2016
    So ive heard he is a heavyweight lol.
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE :
    Hey i was on same table as diogenes in mayhem, but nothing to report apart from his exit hand.Gloss over that. Tbh ,i did see some unusual pocket cards tonight.All these in succsession.66×2, k10×2 but the most unusual was 68h×2, last one being odds of........................waiting for a cleverer person than moi. Posted by chilling[/QUOTEA mayhem freerool,...... jeez, what was the buy-in? you be careful with your euros dude!!!! i'm gonna try get sky poker in nursing homes, could improve the output/input! Any thoughts?
    Posted by Diogenes
    check my beats tonight with best hand,; losing on the river when ahead 4x or more post flop, called from nutters when dominated and runner runner outs, at least 4 river beats when massive odds on pre-flop. I still cashed and had to fold winning hands, it's impossible poker, it's a disgrace, and Orford, Tikay, Channing and the rest are well aware of it, paid monkeys cos there's peanuts in the punters pot.

• edited May 2016
    Your exit hand in the mayhem was AJo against KK. and you didnt improve.You still had time to choose a better spot.Not a bad beat i acknowledge that, but if you cant cope with badbeats then you should find some other place that meets your requirements.
    It is common knowledge that poker is a game of chance, and no matter what your IQ is or your accumalation of maths degrees is, you will find that they are not the makeup of  a 100% winning player.There isnt one.Good morning.
  • edited May 2016

Congrats Mr Diogenes on your 15th out of 189 players in last night's Mini.

Obv without this dodgy software on this dodgy site, you would have won it. 

Diogenes
    15£31.25
  • edited May 2016
    Congrats Mr Diogenes on your 15th out of 189 players in last night's Mini. Obv without this dodgy software on this dodgy site, you would have won it.  Diogenes 15 £31.25
    Posted by MAXALLY
    It was the fact he complained so eloquently that Sky tweaked the R.N.G. to let him win, he fluffed it by playing.?  

Please note this was one time only gesture by Sky to shut you up. !
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : check my beats tonight with best hand,; losing on the river when ahead 4x or more post flop, called from nutters when dominated and runner runner outs, at least 4 river beats when massive odds on pre-flop. I still cashed and had to fold winning hands, it's impossible poker, it's a disgrace, and Orford, Tikay, Channing and the rest are well aware of it, paid monkeys cos there's peanuts in the punters pot.
    Posted by Diogenes
    Yeah, technically thats called RUNNING BAD.
  • edited May 2016

great read.

you clearly seek to be admired by all around and write a good game, diogenes.  when you become a slightly better player you will look back at your posts with some regret.  when you become a very good player you will just laugh.

• edited May 2016
     Go away lightweight and leave it for the sarcastic like hhdhhtyyyhddrssffhhtyrry!!! lol fame at last
    Posted by CATCH-22
    My ears are burning.
  • edited May 2016
    So ive heard he is a heavyweight lol.
    Posted by chilling
    I wouldn't believe all you hear about me.

But yes the above is correct.
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : I didn't reference the 120 tournies as a mark for scrutiny, somebody else did, but the 500,000 hands were mine and the simple process of investing in a software programe that collates information for reference, was to check everything from gameplay to hand production and outcomes. I used it through all the sites I played and with good reason, you seem not to understand? As for proof that such hasn't happened with regard the math required to shuffle a deck of cards the same way twice, why don't you do some math yourself? Reason why not, you can't and that's why your comments are nonsense. Do the numbers or don't comment and make yourself look stupid. Let the troll police do their worst and remove the post, I won't lose sleep over being better informed than you and you skriking through ignorance.
    Posted by Diogenes
    Diogenes is spot on
    this has been one of the best threads I've seen on here.

I play every night and am noticing the same outcomes  at critical moments with pocket A's or K's
    I do understand that we play many more hands online and I don't expect to always win.
    I love poker and will continue to play on this site regardless of whether my P&L goes further down or back up.

I cannot get my head round how many times I bomb out of tournaments when going all in with the best hand.
    it seems to happen more often in either a big tournament or the bigger stack I am against calls with junk and then I get taken out.

I have been on sky for a few years now. my biggest frustration is that I know I am a better player than my results show.
    my concern is that I will never make that next step up that I desire because of the crazy suck outs that happen far too often.
    I know this is a gambling site but surely if I am making good moves, calls etc I should eventually see signs of progress!?
    99% of the people on here are good and i am enjoying their company at the tables. it would leave a really bad taste if all of us are being disadvantaged by something that Sky is deliberately doing with the software etc.

i for one hope this is not the case....

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Diogenes is spot on this has been one of the best threads I've seen on here. I play every night and am noticing the same outcomes  at critical moments with pocket A's or K's I do understand that we play many more hands online and I don't expect to always win. I love poker and will continue to play on this site regardless of whether my P&L goes further down or back up. I cannot get my head round how many times I bomb out of tournaments when going all in with the best hand. it seems to happen more often in either a big tournament or the bigger stack I am against calls with junk and then I get taken out. I have been on sky for a few years now. my biggest frustration is that I know I am a better player than my results show. my concern is that I will never make that next step up that I desire because of the crazy suck outs that happen far too often. I know this is a gambling site but surely if I am making good moves, calls etc I should eventually see signs of progress!? 99% of the people on here are good and i am enjoying their company at the tables. it would leave a really bad taste if all of us are being disadvantaged by something that Sky is deliberately doing with the software etc. i for one hope this is not the case....
    Posted by The_Ruiner
    I really love how poker players will say and do anything to avoid looking in the mirror.

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Diogenes is spot on this has been one of the best threads I've seen on here. I play every night and am noticing the same outcomes  at critical moments with pocket A's or K's I do understand that we play many more hands online and I don't expect to always win. I love poker and will continue to play on this site regardless of whether my P&L goes further down or back up. I cannot get my head round how many times I bomb out of tournaments when going all in with the best hand. it seems to happen more often in either a big tournament or the bigger stack I am against calls with junk and then I get taken out. I have been on sky for a few years now. my biggest frustration is that I know I am a better player than my results show. my concern is that I will never make that next step up that I desire because of the crazy suck outs that happen far too often. I know this is a gambling site but surely if I am making good moves, calls etc I should eventually see signs of progress!? 99% of the people on here are good and i am enjoying their company at the tables. it would leave a really bad taste if all of us are being disadvantaged by something that Sky is deliberately doing with the software etc. i for one hope this is not the case....
    Posted by The_Ruiner
    Could you expand on this bit please?
    I'm genuinely curious as to what you think Sky might be doing.
    My take is that you think that when a favoured player is all in then something happens with the software that makes them win.
    Correct?

• edited May 2016
    Posted by The_Ruiner
    I think the biggest gripe is nearly always about exit hands, as these hands are polarized.Players forget they have sat there for hours seeing nothing but the norm.
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : I really love how poker players will say and do anything to avoid looking in the mirror.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I like the community and have read with interest the posts people put up.
    I have seen lots of your comments on here and I cannot remember any of them being positive
    perhaps you should look in the mirror once in a while
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : I like the community and have read with interest the posts people put up. I have seen lots of your comments on here and I cannot remember any of them being positive perhaps you should look in the mirror once in a while
    Posted by The_Ruiner
    I have a sunny disposition. Anyone on here who has met me will (hopefully!) back me up on that. I just cannot abide a certain type of 'personality' on this forum.

The entitled.
    The freeroll moaners.
    The RNG warblers.
    The riggies.

The day you start blaming the site for your shortcomings is the day you can't be taken seriously.

Looks like you tick a couple of those boxes.
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Could you expand on this bit please? I'm genuinely curious as to what you think Sky might be doing. My take is that you think that when a favoured player is all in then something happens with the software that makes them win. Correct?
    Posted by Jac35
    thanks for replying.
    I don't have the answers of what sky's current set up is or the set up of their software in comparison to other sites as I am loyal to sky and stay away from other sites.
    I can only really comment on what I've seen with my own eyes and at times it is staggering to watch good play from me & others just get smashed with ridiculous cards at the tail end.

what is puzzling me is the regularity that I get in hands way ahead and then somehow the 2 outers appear and I'm left asking myself what I could have done differently!
    it feels like this happens night after night, although it probably isn't the case.
    I don't think my level of understanding the game, variance etc is where it should be to compete at this level perhaps?
    I have myself made terrible plays and got away with it with the help of an outrageous river, but not nearly as often as I make good plays and get turned over. my P&L confirms this to me.
    maybe I need to accept that what we have on sky is normal, it just seems too far fetched at times

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : thanks for replying. I don't have the answers of what sky's current set up is or the set up of their software in comparison to other sites as I am loyal to sky and stay away from other sites. I can only really comment on what I've seen with my own eyes and at times it is staggering to watch good play from me & others just get smashed with ridiculous cards at the tail end.   what is puzzling me is the regularity that I get in hands way ahead and then somehow the 2 outers appear and I'm left asking myself what I could have done differently! it feels like this happens night after night, although it probably isn't the case. I don't think my level of understanding the game, variance etc is where it should be to compete at this level perhaps? I have myself made terrible plays and got away with it with the help of an outrageous river, but not nearly as often as I make good plays and get turned over. my P&L confirms this to me. maybe I need to accept that what we have on sky is normal, it just seems too far fetched at times
    Posted by The_Ruiner
    Don't worry about what people think of your reasoning, it's sound. Deliberate corruption is different to an RNG product that is the best it could be, or not, as the case may be. It is possible to manipulate software but that is perhaps a scandal waiting to happen, though nobody would be surprised if it did. The issue is the replication of a shuffled deck and the software required to achieve that. The number generator is so enormous I don't think NASA and the like would have the capabilities to achieve it but there are super computers that do math for special reasons, like trying to find the next largest prime number and such like. Let me assure you of one thing, the providers of the software don't have one. What that means is the numbers (hands) are never replicating accurately enough the hand production and outcomes of a real deck. So, and here's the nub of it, parameters have to be set and a minimum standard is required to gain the licence, anything beyond the minimum would be down to the developers and the poker site to manufacture. It's that simple and, by all my reckoning and seemingly yours too, SKY doesn't appear to be doing more than the minimum and that standard is set to represent the site not the punter.

Doesn't mean it's rigged against you, or me, doesn't mean it's rigged at all but it means it's set within parameters that will achieve a given outcome in a general sense. Degrees of incidence are skewed in the positive because it wouldn't make sense to deliver a product that produced less of a good thing, the upshot is you get lots more big hands than probability would suggest and much more action as a result. The bad play rewards are just part of it and the high number of B.Hunters conceals everything behind mad gambling. The reason for that is good poker players want to play good poker and gamblers want to gamble, who should win those battles most often is just as you suspect but when it doesn't happen you are right to wonder why.

If it looks like a duck, walks like duck and quacks like a duck, it's because it is a duck. G.L and I praise your allegiance to the site without wetting your knickers like some others. Maybe you'll find a way to tweak your game into the positive, hope so. ;)
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Don't worry about what people think of your reasoning, it's sound. Deliberate corruption is different to an RNG product that is the best it could be, or not, as the case may be. It is possible to manipulate software but that is perhaps a scandal waiting to happen, though nobody would be surprised if it did. The issue is the replication of a shuffled deck and the software required to achieve that. The number generator is so enormous I don't think NASA and the like would have the capabilities to achieve it but there are super computers that do math for special reasons, like trying to find the next largest prime number and such like. Let me assure you of one thing, the providers of the software don't have one. What that means is the numbers (hands) are never replicating accurately enough the hand production and outcomes of a real deck. So, and here's the nub of it, parameters have to be set and a minimum standard is required to gain the licence, anything beyond the minimum would be down to the developers and the poker site to manufacture. It's that simple and, by all my reckoning and seemingly yours too, SKY doesn't appear to be doing more than the minimum and that standard is set to represent the site not the punter. Doesn't mean it's rigged against you, or me, doesn't mean it's rigged at all but it means it's set within parameters that will achieve a given outcome in a general sense. Degrees of incidence are skewed in the positive because it wouldn't make sense to deliver a product that produced less of a good thing, the upshot is you get lots more big hands than probability would suggest and much more action as a result. The bad play rewards are just part of it and the high number of B.Hunters conceals everything behind mad gambling. The reason for that is good poker players want to play good poker and gamblers want to gamble, who should win those battles most often is just as you suspect but when it doesn't happen you are right to wonder why. If it looks like a duck, walks like duck and quacks like a duck, it's because it is a duck. G.L and I praise your allegiance to the site without wetting your knickers like some others. Maybe you'll find a way to tweak your game into the positive, hope so. ;)
    Posted by Diogenes
    me too
    thanks very much for the insight
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Don't worry about what people think of your reasoning, it's sound. Deliberate corruption is different to an RNG product that is the best it could be, or not, as the case may be. It is possible to manipulate software but that is perhaps a scandal waiting to happen, though nobody would be surprised if it did. The issue is the replication of a shuffled deck and the software required to achieve that. The number generator is so enormous I don't think NASA and the like would have the capabilities to achieve it but there are super computers that do math for special reasons, like trying to find the next largest prime number and such like. Let me assure you of one thing, the providers of the software don't have one. What that means is the numbers (hands) are never replicating accurately enough the hand production and outcomes of a real deck. So, and here's the nub of it, parameters have to be set and a minimum standard is required to gain the licence, anything beyond the minimum would be down to the developers and the poker site to manufacture. It's that simple and, by all my reckoning and seemingly yours too, SKY doesn't appear to be doing more than the minimum and that standard is set to represent the site not the punter. Doesn't mean it's rigged against you, or me, doesn't mean it's rigged at all but it means it's set within parameters that will achieve a given outcome in a general sense. Degrees of incidence are skewed in the positive because it wouldn't make sense to deliver a product that produced less of a good thing, the upshot is you get lots more big hands than probability would suggest and much more action as a result. The bad play rewards are just part of it and the high number of B.Hunters conceals everything behind mad gambling. The reason for that is good poker players want to play good poker and gamblers want to gamble, who should win those battles most often is just as you suspect but when it doesn't happen you are right to wonder why. If it looks like a duck, walks like duck and quacks like a duck, it's because it is a duck. G.L and I praise your allegiance to the site without wetting your knickers like some others. Maybe you'll find a way to tweak your game into the positive, hope so. ;)
    Posted by Diogenes

Sorry  it's a Swan...... ugly duck in your eyes.
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : me too thanks very much for the insight
    Posted by The_Ruiner
    You have no chance of turning anything around if you listen to his tripe. You've played 10,000 games on here, this is a decent sample. Blaming the software/product is doing you no favours.

As I said before, time to look in the mirror.
  • edited May 2016
    Ive been playing poker for only three years for fun mainly,but ive read many articles on how poker has changed from years gone by.
    You have to adjust your game if need be, but to continue to berate SkyPoker's software is pointless.All RNG's are obviously a tad different, so your point is to berate skypoker for a change in software? You either feel hard done by, or think that sky are taking the mick.
    When it comes to cards dealt ,ive watched many a final table on here, and you seldom see a street.Betting is the key,cards are often irrelevant.
    You sound like a father on the touchline at kiddies footie match Reeeeeeffffffeeeerrree!!!!!!!!!.
  • edited May 2016
    As I said before, time to look in the mirror.

but sometimes we dont like what we see