You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SORT YOUR SOFTWARE

124»

Comments

• edited May 2016

the_ruiner and diogenes clearly share many things.

• edited May 2016
    Poker isn't a game simply defined by maths, when you take that in you may be less angry in life. Many factors are involved, pre flop post flop are pretty standard for even the novice like me, what doesn't seem to be considered are life factors, the guy who mis-clicks, chatting on another table and raises with junk and priced in, AA is not unbeatable, shouldn't be considered to be either. Other factors include folk who play for fun, there are many of us, we will call with junk, hit bottom pair and stay in, if you have a " monster " pre flop we are going nowhere and sometimes we beat your "unbeatable" hand.
    There are so many things in life far more important than a game of poker, it will drive you mad if you keep thinking as you do and blaming rng, rigged, etc etc, as others have pointed out if you want to make money at the game study and take the beats cos they will happen.
    Calling people names because they disagree is just childish, you seem a well educated chap, unfortunately you let yourself down in that aspect.
    I would say good luck, but I honestly don't think you deserve it, wake up and smell the roses my good man.

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE:
    Poker isn't a game simply defined by maths, when you take that in you may be less angry in life. Many factors are involved, pre flop post flop are pretty standard for even the novice like me, what doesn't seem to be considered are life factors, the guy who mis-clicks, chatting on another table and raises with junk and priced in, AA is not unbeatable, shouldn't be considered to be either. Other factors include folk who play for fun, there are many of us, we will call with junk, hit bottom pair and stay in, if you have a " monster " pre flop we are going nowhere and sometimes we beat your "unbeatable" hand. There are so many things in life far more important than a game of poker, it will drive you mad if you keep thinking as you do and blaming rng, rigged, etc etc, as others have pointed out if you want to make money at the game study and take the beats cos they will happen. Calling people names because they disagree is just childish, you seem a well educated chap, unfortunately you let yourself down in that aspect. I would say good luck, but I honestly don't think you deserve it, wake up and smell the roses my good man.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    <3
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE :  The issue is the replication of a shuffled deck and the software required to achieve that. The number generator is so enormous I don't think NASA and the like would have the capabilities to achieve it
    Posted by Diogenes

Complete nonsense, Alan.
    When you know nothing about computers or computer programming then don't make such statements, unless you want to be known as a complete mammary gland.

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Complete nonsense, Alan. When you know nothing about computers or computer programming then don't make such statements, unless you want to be known as a complete mammary gland.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    I see you provide no information to support your concvern/comment?

I know nothing about nuclear fusion but I know the sun has been burning for billions of years due to the process?

Thanks for the mammaries, it really takes one to know one, but if you think you need a degree in a particular subject to reference information on it you're probably the biggest mammary here.

• edited May 2016
    Poker isn't a game simply defined by maths, when you take that in you may be less angry in life. Many factors are involved, pre flop post flop are pretty standard for even the novice like me, what doesn't seem to be considered are life factors, the guy who mis-clicks, chatting on another table and raises with junk and priced in, AA is not unbeatable, shouldn't be considered to be either. Other factors include folk who play for fun, there are many of us, we will call with junk, hit bottom pair and stay in, if you have a " monster " pre flop we are going nowhere and sometimes we beat your "unbeatable" hand. There are so many things in life far more important than a game of poker, it will drive you mad if you keep thinking as you do and blaming rng, rigged, etc etc, as others have pointed out if you want to make money at the game study and take the beats cos they will happen. Calling people names because they disagree is just childish, you seem a well educated chap, unfortunately you let yourself down in that aspect. I would say good luck, but I honestly don't think you deserve it, wake up and smell the roses my good man.
    Posted by tomgoodun
    I don't disagree with your general statement and agree with much of it but if you follow the thread you'll see plenty of abuse, sarcasm and other suchlike comments being thrown about. I've got thick skin and enough information to comment intelligently, don't try lay all the antagonism at my door, I'm not actually angry with any individual and couldn't care less what some individuals have got to say here. I've taken the beats, won and lost money over the yeras and often enjoyed the game but these days I'm something of a cynic towards the producers of product and the brokers of control (beyond poker also it has to be said). Freedom of speech is a precious thing, the quality of it is something people often debase, including myself, and in that respect I'm certainly guilty but don't fail in the same way by withdrawing a semblence of respectability by inferring I'm undeserving of your offer of GL, rather diminished your speech. GL to you.
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE :  Thanks for the mammaries, it really takes one to know one, but if you think you need a degree in a particular subject to reference information on it you're probably the biggest mammary here.
    Posted by Diogenes

Haha :) Cheers, Alan. 

I don't think you need a degree. We're not talking about nuclear science or even heart surgery. We are talking about entry level computing (sorting an array of 52 elements into a random sequence). Stuff we did in the 80s on Z80 based systems. Dunno why you think NASA couldn't do it (?) 

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Haha  :) Cheers, Alan.  I don't think you need a degree. We're not talking about nuclear science or even heart surgery. We are talking about entry level computing (sorting an array of 52 elements into a random sequence). Stuff we did in the 80s on Z80 based systems. Dunno why you think NASA couldn't do it (?) 
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Commenting on NASA was an exagerated reference that you didn't take literally, so why pretend you did?

Your smooth reference to early computer possibilities seems to bely some very common understanding surrounding large numbers ('google' it)? if it was so easy why do they offer large amounts of money for the discovery of new prime's? Could it be because the numbers are so large it's not so easy?

Talking of 'google'; there is a record of information relating to the difficulties surrounding the creation and performance of RNG'S and we're not talking roulette wheels and single incidence here. Check out the link I related earlier with regard the amount of shuffles in a deck and then explain why the mind-boggling numbers are so easily achieved through rng's? I'm prepared to suggest your claims are not worth the keyboard they're written on but i'll wait for the proof?
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE :if it was so easy why do they offer large amounts of money for the discovery of new prime's? Could it be because the numbers are so large it's not so easy? 
    Posted by Diogenes

Completely different. Finding primes requires computing power. Poker RNG/sorting/whatever you want to call it doesn't becauase it's simple.

• edited May 2016
    Diogenes,you get players riled because your original post is an outburst and a command.There are thousands of hands per day, with the odd gripe.Ring any bells?
    Posted by chilling
    Fair enough, I get it. It's no different to me getting riled by outcomes, i'M WORKING ON IT...................

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Completely different. Finding primes requires computing power. Poker RNG doesn't.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Thanks for that educated answer; I've copied and pasted it into google but can't really draw anything concrete from it? It is not poker RNG at the heart of the issue it is the RNG required to deal with the astronomical numbers of shuffles in a deck of cards. Mathematics is the issue and that number is so vast you can't just flick a few keys on your macbook pro to create the software.

If you want to get pedantic lead me to information rather than making a few comments that are meaningless and do little to support your comments?

• edited May 2016
    Diogenes, you remind me why.............I never got hitched!
    Posted by chilling
    Hahahaha..............sure you had the opportunity? 

• edited May 2016
    I'm as sure off that ,as your dislike for SkyPoker software.
    Posted by chilling
    I'm trying to internalise the hate and learn to love the software but it's bringing me out in hives. I need an analyst, preferably one with a maths degree. ;)
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Thanks for that educated answer; I've copied and pasted it into google but can't really draw anything concrete from it? It is not poker RNG at the heart of the issue it is the RNG required to deal with the astronomical numbers of shuffles in a deck of cards. Mathematics is the issue and that number is so vast you can't just flick a few keys on your macbook pro to create the software. If you want to get pedantic lead me to information rather than making a few comments that are meaningless and do little to support your comments?
    Posted by Diogenes

There's no need to put my comments into that search engine.

The "astronomical numbers of shuffles" (I know what you really mean) is irrelevant. The computer doesn't need to know every single possible outcome. It needs to work with 52  elements (the pack) and 'shuffle' them.

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : There's no need to put my comments into that search engine. The "astronomical numbers of shuffles" (I know what you really mean) is irrelevant. The computer doesn't need to know every single possible outcome. It needs to work with 52  elements  (the pack)  and 'shuffle' them.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Do you really think, after all my comments, that I haven't done my homework/research? I couldn't programme a computer, even with some of the best apple technology you can imagine in my possession, but I can research any topic you want in a Socratic way. 

Do you know how big a number 8x10 to the 67 is? I quote again, 

'How big is this number? Well, someone shuffling a deck of cards once per second since the beginning of the universe (believed to be about 14 billion years ago) would not have shuffled the deck more than 1018 times.'

Stop talking to me like I'm an idiot pls, particularly without explaining why your comments/claims hold any mathematical veracity.

• edited May 2016
    There are players loosing cash and getting busted every few seconds on here.They have ways to get over it, and move on.
    Posted by chilling
    Losing over 2 accounts is obviously not an easy pill to swallow.
  • edited May 2016
    diogenes, you can only lay this problem to rest with a bink.And then you can explain yourself.
    Posted by chilling
    Nothing to lay to rest; information is GOD in my world and all the hearsay and rhetoric, from the likes of HHTYFFERRCHSJJSJJTTT-from little olde Yorke (on a sky winning streak so happy with his lot) means nothing. He's very sarcastic but not too bright and thinks he spotted a ghost in the machine- he hasn't. ;)

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Losing over 2 accounts is obviously not an easy pill to swallow.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Anything you want to say? Anything at all? Little something bothering you maybe, that you'd like to get off your chest? 

Maybe that sarcastic bent hasn't the wherewithall to talk straight, huh? hahahaha.............
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Nothing to lay to rest; information is GOD in my world and all the hearsay and rhetoric, from the likes of HHTYFFERRCHSJJSJJTTT-from little olde Yorke (on a sky winning streak so happy with his lot) means nothing. He's very sarcastic but not too bright and thinks he spotted a ghost in the machine- he hasn't. ;)
    Posted by Diogenes
    This is news to me.

Yep I'm not bright, you're gonna have to explain some of those big words to me, like 'rhetoric' and 'he'.

Nice to know that Hearsay are your world though, I'd forgotten all about them. Great band, pure and simple.
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Anything you want to say? Anything at all? Little something bothering you maybe, that you'd like to get off your chest?  Maybe that sarcastic bent hasn't the wherewithall to talk straight, huh? hahahaha.............
    Posted by Diogenes
    Don't worry, you're not my type.
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : This is news to me. Yep I'm not bright, you're gonna have to explain some of those big words to me, like 'rhetoric' and 'he'. Nice to know that Hearsay are your world though, I'd forgotten all about them. Great band, pure and simple.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    I'm glad you're interested in the news, Huey will be so pleased. Hearsay are more your generation, along with the Spice Girls, Take This and the Y Factor. Let me know when you grow some and want an adult conversation, I'm guessing it could be a while?
  • edited May 2016
    diogenes, you can only lay this problem to rest with a bonk.And then you can explain yourself.
    Posted by chilling
    Nearly got it right, amended for you.
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Nearly got it right, amended for you.
    Posted by VespaPX
    I had no respect for you until this post, actually impressed me to smile,................HHHYYYTTGGHHHFFTTT might get the irony in that statement but i doubt it?
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Don't worry, you're not my type.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Thank Jehovah, I've all on to fancy the women from York. It's that ginge thing born of centuries of occupation! Where I'm from it's just the witches and inbreeding you have to worry about.

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE :I had no respect for you until th is post, actually impressed me to smile,................HHHYYYTTGGHHHFFTTT might get the irony in that statement but i doubt it?
    Posted by Diogenes
    Oh goody, can i join your gang?
  • edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : Do you really think, after all my comments, that I haven't done my homework/research? I couldn't programme a computer, even with some of the best apple technology you can imagine in my possession, but I can research any topic you want in a Socratic way.  Do you know how big a number 8x10 to the 67 is? I quote again,  'How big is this number? Well, someone shuffling a deck of cards once per second since the beginning of the universe (believed to be about 14 billion years ago) would not have shuffled the deck more than 10 18  times.' Stop talking to me like I'm an idiot pls, particularly without explaining why your comments/claims hold any mathematical veracity.
    Posted by Diogenes

But you are. Saying the site is fixed but keep playing here on your second account no less.

I honestly don't know why I or anyone has bothered to reply I guess your trolling got to me.

Then I just sit back and smile how sad your life must be .

Simple solution stop playing here and move to the sites where you always win when you are ahead pre flop.

If that fails I heard the creationists and flat earth group are looking for guys just like you.

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : But you are. Saying the site is fixed but keep playing here on your second account no less. I honestly don't know why I or anyone has bothered to reply I guess your trolling got to me. Then I just sit back and smile how sad your life must be . Simple solution stop playing here and move to the sites where you always win when you are ahead pre flop. If that fails I heard the creationists and flat earth group are looking for guys just like you.
    Posted by day4eire76
    what 2nd account, could you explain? 

I hope the measure of a happy life is not judged by you and your poker comrades? The demographic has me crying with laughter you sad f 
     ukwit!!!

• edited May 2016
    In Response to Re: SORT YOUR SOFTWARE : But you are. Saying the site is fixed but keep playing here on your second account no less. I honestly don't know why I or anyone has bothered to reply I guess your trolling got to me. Then I just sit back and smile how sad your life must be . Simple solution stop playing here and move to the sites where you always win when you are ahead pre flop. If that fails I heard the creationists and flat earth group are looking for guys just like you.
    Posted by day4eire76
    Don't you get your own irony? 
  • edited May 2016
    How long is a piece of string?         Or was it a thread?
    Posted by chilling
    It's infinite, or as near as damn it. Any closer on the account anomaly, or folks just gonna keep p issing in the wind like when Vespa used to shave his head with a Union Jack and I love sSting below!