You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

EssexPhil's Sky's the Limit September Challenge

124»

Comments

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: EssexPhil's Sky's the Limit September Challenge:
    Perhaps you were due a bad day after such a good day on Friday. Nice one. I note you are Spurs fan so we'll be in opposite corners when my team visit White Hart Lane on Sunday. Good luck for this week, but hard luck on Sunday :).
    Posted by Dollie
    Thanks Dollie. Don't think you'll need luck this season-think City will win the League by 10-15 points
  • edited September 2016
    Mediocre, solid day yesterday. A 4th, another min cash, and qualified for tomorrow's Roller.

So-update:-

1. To achieve my highest place on the rolling monthly stats on Aussie's excellent site. I am currently in 925th, but my highest placing is 61st. New highest position-12th

2. To win a tournament ( 1 tracked as being a £500-plus tourny). Done (won 2)

3. Final table a Main OR Mini. Done (but only once)

4. Play in 100 tracked tournaments. Done-167

5. Average at least 0.5 points per tournament. On track (0.6)

6. Make a profit. Small, but I'll take it! 5-figure profit (if you count the pence)

Let's see what this week brings. Just 4 days to go-due to the fact that I have 0 points to lose in the remainder of the month (from late August) feel I am very likely to end up top 20, with a 50/50 chance of top 10.

Hope for some run good in the Roller today.

Phil
  • edited September 2016

Morning Essex Posh Bloke.

Good to see you in a PLO8 DYM last night.

Apologies if I was not chatting much (at all) but I had way too many tables on the go, in addition to which, I had a problem with my keyboard, & the "POT" button appeared to be stuck in autopot-mode.
  • edited September 2016
    Morning Essex Posh Bloke.   Good to see you in a PLO8 DYM last night. Apologies if I was not chatting much (at all) but I had way too many tables on the go, in addition to which, I had a problem with my keyboard, & the "POT" button appeared to be stuck in autopot-mode.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I managed to re-pot someone who had total spanners twice (not you-"stuck on pot"  for you means playing with 1 good ace rather than 2).

I was pleased that, as a total noob, I could spot the weak player (other than me, that is)-I was less pleased that he beat me twice due to 5 spanners as community cards. I remember 1 of them was his Q3hh making a flush....seems like a fun game
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: EssexPhil's Sky's the Limit September Challenge : I managed to re-pot someone who had total spanners twice (not you-"stuck on pot"  for you means playing with 1 good ace rather than 2). I was pleased that, as a total noob, I could spot the weak player (other than me, that is)-I was less pleased that he beat me twice due to 5 spanners as community cards. I remember 1 of them was his Q3hh making a flush....seems like a fun game
    Posted by Essexphil
    I seem to recall that the guy you mention dusted off his stack in remarkable fashion, & finished 4th.

It was a memorable evening on the PLO8 DYM's actually. We saw a chap who had 7,000 chips 4 handed finish.....4th. Rather sad in some ways, especially as 2,000 of them were previously mine.... 

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: EssexPhil's Sky's the Limit September Challenge : Thanks Dollie. Don't think you'll need luck this season-think City will win the League by 10-15 points
    Posted by Essexphil
    Having followed City for 60 years, watched my first match in 1956, you can't take anything for granted as they have kept us on th edge of our seats year after year. That's why a requirement of a City fan is to have a sense of humour. It's not so long ago that we were seeking for the club to issue a video of the 100 best throw ins. My favourite was always "after watching another game at Maine Road on a Saturday afternoon, City fans used to cheer themselved up by watching Casualty on a Saturday night".
    Having said all that this season does feel different.
  • edited September 2016

ready for the final push, phil?

i see that you are currently 12th Best Player.  excellent.
    www.PokerSuperHero.com/best

in the month best league you are 10th.
    www.PokerSuperHero.com/monthbest

if you haven't been noting it yourself, i can tell you how much profit you have in the 177 major tournaments you've played so far this month.  Not quite enough to get in the month profit top 50 but a positive result.
    www.PokerSuperHero.com/monthprofit

my guess?  i think you will make the top 10 best player.  glgl

• edited September 2016

Thought I would share one hand from last night's Roller. This was Tikay's commentary-

"Players were still taking their seats when the first big dust up went off, & after the dust settled, acd28 emerged with a full 2XUp, & so the first player to get over 10,000 chips.

And if you are wondering where you heard of this chap from, well 11 months ago, during the  October 2015 UKOPS, he took down the 295 runner, £30,000 Guarantee Super Roller for £7,720.

28 runners now, of which – thanks to Mr Super Roller acd28 – 27 remain"

I was on that table. All the chips went in on a flop of J54 (2 clubs). The loser had AA-the winner? 3c2c.

Fascinating hand

• edited September 2016
    ready for the final push, phil? i see that you are currently 12th Best Player.  excellent. www.PokerSuperHero.com/best in the month best league you are 10th. www.PokerSuperHero.com/monthbest if you haven't been noting it yourself, i can tell you how much profit you have in the 177 major tournaments you've played so far this month.  Not quite enough to get in the month profit top 50 but a positive result. www.PokerSuperHero.com/monthprofit my guess?  i think you will make the top 10 best player.  glgl
    Posted by aussie09
    Thanks-ready for that final push-will aim for Priority while I am about it (need just over 1000 points).

I deliberately put "profit" last on my aims, and was non-specific about the amounts, as I did not want it to be about the money. Thanks for the offer though.

Turning to last night, blank day. I think my last post shows that I was on an aggro table in the High Roller. Got involved in 2 major pots, the first where my opponent was all-in pre, the latter where I was. Lost both-AK v AQ, and QQ v AK. No complaints there-those are exactly the sort of hands that make or break MTTs.

Phil
  • edited September 2016

Thanks Phil, what a great hand that was, & thanks for reporting it. (And at least one person has read my thread, lol).

I was still finishing my own poker session at the time, so with 6 tables popping up & down, I could not watch the 8 or 9 tables of the Sky High until later, around 11pm.  Then I cooked a bit of dinner & settled down to watch the whole thing.

Pretty good tourney, I thought, & all of the finalists played well.
  • edited September 2016
    After a blank day on Wednesday, managed to get 2 cashes yesterday, 1 of which was a win. Nearly felt guilty about bubbling Dollie in that 1 (nice to see you getting some results).

So-update:-

1. To achieve my highest place on the rolling monthly stats on Aussie's excellent site. I am currently in 925th, but my highest placing is 61st. New highest position-10th

2. To win a tournament ( 1 tracked as being a £500-plus tourny). Done (won 3)

4. Play in 100 tracked tournaments. Done-189. Will try and make that 200 today

6. Make a profit. Small, but I'll take it! 5-figure profit (if you count the pence)

Just 1 day to go-due to the fact that I have 0 points to lose in the remainder of the month (from late August) feel I am now certain to end up top 20, with a good chance of top 10.

Managed to achieve over 100 points for the month. That should be good enough for top 10 for this month. However, the new schedule means that it may well take a higher score in future months. I would also mention that 2 other Essex-based players (Messrs Bates & Melt) have managed to score over 200 points this month-well done.

Need just under 500 points for Priority-so I can hear DYMs calling this afternoon...

Tomorrow will be my last update on this thread-I hope some of you have found it interesting.

Phil
  • edited September 2016

".....Tomorrow will be my last update on this thread-I hope some of you have found it interesting."

Thoroughly enjoyed it Phil, & very well done, quite an achievement, especially considering your age.
  • edited September 2016

Enjoyed following this thread Phil....goes to prove that all Essex players are lucky donks ;)

Now move this over to BBV.
  • edited September 2016
    Read, enjoyed, even contributed. I'd say for all Poker Chat threads my stats would be 95/25/5* so you are well inside the top ten there as well.

GL tonight.

* IE I read 95% of posts, enjoy a quarter and probably only comment in 5% or less (which is bad form but not untypical if you enjoy threads up to us all to let the author know if we can).

It encourages them and hopefully others to keep posting the interesting stuff, or at least the stuff we find interesting.
  • edited September 2016
    After a blank day on Wednesday, managed to get 2 cashes yesterday, 1 of which was a win. Nearly felt guilty about bubbling Dollie in that 1 (nice to see you getting some results).
    Disappointed that you only felt "nearly" guilty :)  But it was a 50/50 flip. Well played and delighted that, with the help of my chips, you went on to win it. Great results for the month and you are on a freeroll today to exceed your targets with plenty to spare.
  • edited October 2016
    Last day was a nearly day-I managed a 3rd and a 7th. I suspect that the shock of me making Priority (at about 22:10) was what caused the site to crash.

So-final update:-

1. To achieve my highest place on the rolling monthly stats on Aussie's excellent site. I am currently in 925th, but my highest placing is 61st. New highest position-8th

2. To win a tournament ( 1 tracked as being a £500-plus tourny). Done (won 3)

4. Play in 100 tracked tournaments. Done-202.

Managed to achieve over 100 points for the month, and finished a pleasing 8th. To a large extent, it is a numbers game, i.e volume is key. One of the main reasons I finished 8th is that (of the top 100) I played 6th most MTTs over the month.

Thank to everyone who posted on this thread-your comments are much appreciated. I am really looking forward to playing no poker at all today-gl at the tables.

Phil
  • edited October 2016
    Last day was a nearly day-I managed a 3rd and a 7th. I suspect that the shock of me making Priority (at about 22:10) was what caused the site to crash. So-final update:- 1. To achieve my highest place on the rolling monthly stats on Aussie's excellent site. I am currently in 925th, but my highest placing is 61st. New highest position-8th 2. To win a tournament ( 1 tracked as being a £500-plus tourny). Done (won 3) 3. Final table a Main OR Mini. Done (but only once) 4. Play in 100 tracked tournaments. Done-202. 5. Average at least 0.5 points per tournament. On track (0.6) 6. Make a profit. Small, but I'll take it! 5-figure profit (if you count the pence) Managed to achieve over 100 points for the month, and finished a pleasing 8th. To a large extent, it is a numbers game, i.e volume is key. One of the main reasons I finished 8th is that (of the top 100) I played 6th most MTTs over the month. Thank to everyone who posted on this thread-your comments are much appreciated. I am really looking forward to playing no poker at all today-gl at the tables. Phil
    Posted by Essexphil
    Great thread Phil now what about October 
  • edited October 2016

very well done phil.  an excellent achievement.