You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Jimis New Year

Comments

• edited December 2016
    Waiting staff asking if you are enjoying your meal when you have a gob full of food.
  • edited December 2016
    #NotJimi

#Sayin
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: Jimis Advent calendar:
    Waiting staff asking if you are enjoying your meal when you have a gob full of food.
    Posted by mumsie
    Ah, now thats were sign language comes in handy. Just the one finger really, or maybe two.
    While im here, whats all this tipping  nonsense? Do you tip the checkout lad or lass, the baker, the chemist, the bookie etc.........Noooooo.
  • edited December 2016
    #NotJimi #Sayin
    Posted by TRIP5

Ireeeeene 
    Hows Blackburn? ;-)

• edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: Jimis Advent calendar : Ah, now thats were sign language comes in handy. Just the one finger really, or maybe two. While im here, whats all this tipping  nonsense? Do you tip the checkout lad or lass, the baker, the chemist, the bookie etc.........Noooooo.
    Posted by chilling
    Tip
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: Jimis Advent calendar : Tip
    Posted by Jac35
    Still nooooooo. Tax dodgers.
  • edited December 2016
    If you work for the Post Office in the postal bit, your tax code is adjusted for Christmas tips.
  • edited December 2016
    I have to say I almost always tip and if I don't there has to be pretty poor service to warrant it.

The staff are generally not paid a fortune in restaurants and tips can add significantly to their earnings. I suppose that it partly goes back to having worked restaurants/bars in my younger, much poorer, days.
  • edited December 2016
    I have to say I almost always tip and if I don't there has to be pretty poor service to warrant it. The staff are generally not paid a fortune in restaurants and tips can add significantly to their earnings. I suppose that it partly goes back to having worked restaurants/bars in my younger, much poorer, days.
    Posted by Enut
    I generally tip, i do hate it when there is a toilet attendant though, I always feel obliged and theres only so much aftershave you can use before you start smelling like the perfume counter at Boots.......
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: Jimis Advent calendar : I generally tip, i do hate it when there is a toilet attendant though, I always feel obliged and theres only so much aftershave you can use before you start smelling like the perfume counter at Boots.......
    Posted by HENDRIK62

No spray no lay.
  • edited December 2016
    Xmas food shopping, got dragged along yesterday........does it really matter which dessert we have.

On the bright side we bought pigs in blankets from Iceland and according to The One Shows scientific testing, they are the best in the universe (or at least from budget supermarkets).
  • edited December 2016
    Xmas food shopping, got dragged along yesterday........does it really matter which dessert we have. On the bright side we bought pigs in blankets from Iceland and according to The One Shows scientific testing, they are the best in the universe (or at least from budget supermarkets).
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    A pig is not just for Christmas.!

You need to wrap them up warm in the Winter ... then in the Summer put sun cream on to protect them.
  • edited December 2016
    Merry Christmas!
  • edited December 2016
    Boxing day football :-(
  • edited January 2017
    A belated welcome to 2017
  • edited January 2017
    I love a bargain!

i have been renovating our kitchen for what seems like an age and had to go get some bits and bobs from our local Ikea (also a great excuse to get a cheap fried breakfast).

As a matter of course I always check the bargain corner on my way out, couldn't believe my luck whenI spotted two end covers that matched our kitchen doors......they were reduced to £1 each (from £30) happy days, only slight issue was that they were 2,2 metres by 600mm, couldn't pass though.

After a lot of persuasion I fitted them into the car (pretty impressive given its a saloon with no option to fold down back seats etc), so I get home and figure what goes in should come out......should.

Halfway through the exercise I hear a loud crack, damn I thought must have broken one of the end pieces, but on inspection I habn't......I run well.

The crack I had heard was actuallly the windscreen....I don't run so well.

Excess £75 nett loss £15.....

Happy New Year
  • edited January 2017
    Well managed an FT and 10 heads in the mini last night (brag) alongside some of the worst plays I can ever remember making in some DYMs (although I am sure others probably have notes to the contrary)

I mean who in The World calls TK with a bluffcatcher......thats right ME.

Lesson for the evening, mixing game types and disciplines is not a good idea. 
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Jimis New Year:
    Well managed an FT and 10 heads in the mini last night (brag) alongside some of the worst plays I can ever remember making in some DYMs (although I am sure others probably have notes to the contrary) I mean who in The World calls TK with a bluffcatcher......thats right ME. Lesson for the evening, mixing game types and disciplines is not a good idea. 
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    That's some impressive fish head chasing, well played sir.
  • edited January 2017
    Cracking story telling.

RE:DYMs keep calling, you know that we have you pegged as a non-believer. One day you will catch one of us bluffing you ;-)

• edited January 2017
    ha ha Phantom, I am such a sceptic.... :-)

I do listen Eamonnn :-)
  • edited March 2017
    How is Jimis New Year going?

Any golf trips to tell us about?
    Are your children as competitive as you?
    Do clocks go forwards in Scotland or are we in different time zones?
  • edited March 2017
    And here I was thinking this could quietly be forgotten like 70's comedy, I guess I should try and update though, support the community and all that.

So here we are nearly in April and the golf season fast approaching, one day I would like to go to The Masters (if anyone of extraordinary means fancies paying for me to go please post here....Eamonn?)

Annual trip to Turkey was fantastic as ever, the competition days were plagued by biblical rain and only the fantastic drainage and sandy base allowed us to carry on, no courses in Britain would have been playable. 

We came 9th from 50 teams, but managed to win our personal sweep with another team every day, came second in the daily comp on day two and won it on day four.

This coupled with a 3rd place in the quiz, meant all presents for wife and kids were covered :-)

Watched daughter in her gymnastics club comp on Saturday and it was great fun to see her do her stuff on the beam, bars, floor, vault. really enjoyed watching her perform, she even won some medals, but she decided she wanted to throw the bronze ones away.....we managed to talk her out of it.

I worry that she only seems interested in the prize rather than the task, her peers seem the same. I did try to use a poker analogy of being results orientated etc....until I caught my wife glaring at me, perhaps 11 is still a bit young (she does know hand rankings though ;-))

Ok thats enough for now, this is perilously close to being a TLDR post......

Highlighted just to show that it has some poker content :-)

• edited March 2017
    TSPM
    ^ Too short post more ;)
  • edited March 2017
    And here I was thinking this could quietly be forgotten like 70's comedy, I guess I should try and update though, support the community and all that. So here we are nearly in April and the golf season fast approaching, one day I would like to go to The Masters (if anyone of extraordinary means fancies paying for me to go please post here....Eamonn?) Annual trip to Turkey was fantastic as ever, the competition days were plagued by biblical rain and only the fantastic drainage and sandy base allowed us to carry on, no courses in Britain would have been playable.  We came 9th from 50 teams, but managed to win our personal sweep with another team every day, came second in the daily comp on day two and won it on day four. This coupled with a 3rd place in the quiz, meant all presents for wife and kids were covered :-) Watched daughter in her gymnastics club comp on Saturday and it was great fun to see her do her stuff on the beam, bars, floor, vault. really enjoyed watching her perform, she even won some medals, but she decided she wanted to throw the bronze ones away.....we managed to talk her out of it. I worry that she only seems interested in the prize rather than the task, her peers seem the same. I did try to use a poker analogy of being results orientated etc ....until I caught my wife glaring at me, perhaps 11 is still a bit young (she does know hand rankings though ;-)) Ok thats enough for now, this is perilously close to being a TLDR post...... Highlighted just to show that it has some poker content :-)
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    I'm afraid my means are being savagely depleted at the Irish Open for the next week and if I keep getting sat to the right of Max Silver and David Vamplew the poor house will be staring me in the face.

Tom is right though, post more.
  • edited March 2017
    In Response to Re: Jimis New Year : I'm afraid my means are being savagely depleted at the Irish Open for the next week and if I keep getting sat to the right of Max Silver and David Vamplew the poor house will be staring me in the face. Tom is right though, post more.
    Posted by cpfc_2010
    Return to hotel room, fire up QD TID, rinse repeat. 
    I think you will have a fine week regardless what happens on the real felt GLGLGL :-)

• edited March 2017
    TSPM ^ Too short post more ;)
    Posted by tomgoodun

Careful what you wish for Tom, you know how easy it is for me to go off on a tangent :-)
  • edited April 2017
    Masters week = TV confiscated (no Mako Mermaids, no House of Anubis etc.....yes I do have a young daughter)

If DJ is fit its hard to see past him, but for a bit of fun I have stuck some bets on.

Koepka, Stenson, Day so far, purely on price, will look at a couple others (potentially like Lowry if weather is as predicted) 

I see a lot of people looking at Thomas, Rahm etc ( for good reason, but I feel its a bit early in their Augusta careers yet- cue Rahm winning by 10 :-)).

I was asked in chat the other night;

'How the hell can you make that play?' 

So it would seem my quest to get it in bad more often is going in the right direction.....

After some nice profit around January I have really been treading water, so its been a frustrating start to the year.....a combination of some pretty severe run bad and the inevitable poor play that follows (or is it the other way round, I dunno)

I do find talking to others, sharing hands is very important.

Understanding (or trying to) where mistakes are made that often lead to what we think of as 'bad beats' can be invaluable. 

Plus its just great to rant sometimes :-).

I truly beleive that the reason we often see the old conspiracy, rigged, house players threads is down to players beleiving that these beats only happen to them, when it couldn't be further from the truth, it literally happens to everyone, even Jac35 but he never mentions it.

Over and out 
    Enjoy The Golf

• edited April 2017
    Golf? Kids tv? Bad beats?

Hard to distinguish between this and another throwaway diary doing the rounds on the forum.
  • edited April 2017
    Really looking forward to the golf this weekend.

With the expected bad weather it should be even tougher than usual.

Gone with Rahm backed him a fair bit back.

Lowry with the weather and nationality.

Reed because well no reason just a pure punt.

Also love a good rant and the group would be pretty quiet without them : )
  • edited April 2017
    Really looking forward to the golf this weekend. With the expected bad weather it should be even tougher than usual. Gone with Rahm backed him a fair bit back. Lowry with the weather and nationality. Reed because well no reason just a pure punt. Also love a good rant and the group would be pretty quiet without them : )
    Posted by day4eire76

Just done same, he is low on some lists due to his SG putting stats, but in poor weather I think his ball striking outweighs that