You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Jimis New Year

1235»

Comments

• edited June 2017
    Hola 

Its been a while, I think its fair to say that Samuel Pepys won't be losing any sleep....

I have had a pretty busy year so far, lots of coaching and clubfitting. I also played in my very first British PGA seniors championship at the lovely Foxhills GC in Surrey.

Haven't had time to play much this year so starting par, par, eagle and seeing my name atop the leaderboard was nice, unfortunately lack of talent and the weather caught up with me......

As I was wringing out my underpants having been soaked and called off the course for a rain delay, I checked FB to see pictures of my kids having water fights in sunny Edinburgh :-p

Came back the next day to finish my last 3 holes and my decent round came apart with a bogey, par, double bogey finish.....sigh.

Second round started with a double bogey and despite birdies on 17 and 18, I missed the cut.

I did enjoy the week regardless of the result and I am looking forward to playing next year.

As an aside, we found possibly the worst pub in England. The Grey Horse in Sunbury, visit at your own risk....

Poker has been steady if not particularly inspiring, with some pretty impressive ups and downs. I am really looking forward to the SPT, I saw the previous incarnations on the TV channel and was really dissapointed that I never had the chance to attend one.

I played at Newcastle and MK in the forum gatherings and they were great fun, so it'll be great to see a few of the 'weil kent' faces again.

Looks like I need to use my glasses more and more, played our little home game last month for 1st time in a while, its like a big sit and go, ten of us @ £20 + 1 x rebuy;

Mid way through I peek down at AcAh UTG and raise them up, as is normal in this game I get 3 callers....anyway, a 3 heart K high flop is pretty nice, all the experts tell you not to give away a 'tell' by checking your cards so I do my best Matt Damon impression and stay stony faced looking straight ahead....

BB checks, I c-bet , CO flats, button flats, we lose the BB. 

Heart turn on the turn, I put a small bet out CO raises (fist pump :-)), button folds, I pick up an oreo, twist it in half and put CO in.......

He snaps , I quickly flip over my ace high flush versus his....... ACE high flush!

Much to the amusement of my 'pals' I actually had a 4 high flush..... 

Speak to you in another few months
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Jimis New Year:
    I pick up an oreo, twist it in half and put CO in.......
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    lol, quality :D

Cracking read Paul!
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Jimis New Year : lol, quality :D Cracking read Paul!
    Posted by markycash
    +1
  • edited June 2017
    Great read Neil, post more.
    As you have very kindly helped me with my atrocious spelling in my story, can I just point out the word "Kent" maybe pronounced correct but spelt wrong ;)
  • edited June 2017
    Great read Jimi. 

Interesting to see that you visited 'down south' recently and yet I spent a lovely weekend in Edinburgh a couple of weeks before that, I kept an eye out for you but didn't see any golf pros wandering amongst the rugby fans. Edinburgh is a lovely city and the sun even came out at the start of the rugby match (it had rained all day up 'til then).

My cousin was head pro at Foxhills for a few years, I hope you enjoyed the course.

At what age does seniors golf start? In tennis it's the ripe old age of 35, but it's probably a little more strenuous than walking about hitting a stationary ball with a stick!

Welcome to the glasses brigade, I have every confidence that I will forget mine the first time I play live and will end up playing every hand 'blind'. I dare say many would have the view that I would play better!
  • edited June 2017
    Great read Jimi.  Interesting to see that you visited 'down south' recently and yet I spent a lovely weekend in Edinburgh a couple of weeks before that, I kept an eye out for you but didn't see any golf pros wandering amongst the rugby fans. Edinburgh is a lovely city and the sun even came out at the start of the rugby match (it had rained all day up 'til then). My cousin was head pro at Foxhills for a few years, I hope you enjoyed the course. At what age does seniors golf start? In tennis it's the ripe old age of 35, but it's probably a little more strenuous than walking about hitting a stationary ball with a stick! Welcome to the glasses brigade, I have every confidence that I will forget mine the first time I play live and will end up playing every hand 'blind'. I dare say many would have the view that I would play better!
    Posted by Enut
    Senior's golf starts at 50........ can't wait 'til 2046
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: Jimis New Year : Senior's golf starts at 50........ can't wait 'til 2046
    Posted by MISTY4ME

:-) 
  • edited June 2017
    As most can tell I am an old duffer, left my glasses at work yesterday and could barely see.

Been losing money for fun over the last week with my glasses, FTed the mini last night without my glasses......go figure :-)