You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Winning £s, losing lbs

edited April 2017 in Poker Chat
In Response to Winning £s, losing lbs:
As the New Year approached I decided, as usual, to make a couple of New Year resolutions, one that was poker related and one that was "life" related. The poker one was easy - DYMs. I have tried many times over the years to make a consistent profit at these and have gone on to fail time and time again. I have had good spells in the past followed by moving up the levels too quickly, getting a spanking and reverting back to tournaments. The problem is I don't have time in the week to play many tournaments plus I am one of the rare breed who actually enjoy playing DYMs. Over the past year there has been a steady improvement with my DYM results. I'm not be going to giving the likes of Timmy and Jac etc. a run for their money anytime soon, but my graph has started to go in the right direction. So my plan for the year is to concentrate on playing £5 DYMs, particularly during the week. I may have a dabble at higher levels IF or WHEN my bankroll allows, also, I will move back down the levels if the proverbial hits the fan. I have been recording my results since the turn of the year and will document them on this thread to help maintain focus. AIMS: I will be happy with a £1K+ year, anything more will be a bonus, anything less will not be a disaster as long as there is profit. Results so far this year: £5 DYM Played: 63 Won: 41 Win %: 65 Profit: +£50 Right so the poker bit is out of the way so onto my current life situation. This resolution did not take long to decide at all. I finally quit smoking 6 months ago so that left me with one last issue.........my ever increasing waistline! The ages of 18-28 really were blissful years, I was in my prime! I ate what I wanted, drank what I wanted and never put on any weight. Throughout these 10 years my weight stayed at 13st 7lb, give or take the odd pound. I was quite active at the time too, in the army until I was 22, playing football etc. Lets fast forward 7yrs. 35 years old, my prime just a distant memory, middle age just around the corner and my weight at at a shocking high. I knew I had put on a bit of timber recently, I'd had to quit football a couple of years back and have been far less active. I'd had to increase my jean size over the years 34" til it hurt, 36" until I couldn't sit down anymore before finally resigning to the fact that I'd joined the 38" club (and even they are getting tight). The old belly has grown too, but even with all these warning signs, I still can't recall being as shocked as I was when I stepped on the scales on New Years day. 18st 3lbs........ 18st 3lbs! MY WORD! I'm quite tall (6ft 3") and my missus tells me that I carry it well, but she is biased and I need, and want, to do something about this. So, I have joined my local gym and will try to eat healthier, though this will be hard as I looove my grub. Weigh day will be every Monday and I will post the results on here. Here's to a richer and slimmer 2017.........maybe.
Posted by waller02

Best of luck with the weight loss and stuff waller!

Great idea to post your weight. When it's out there, in the open, it could be a good incentive, I reckon.

I am fast approaching 15 stone and I am only 5ft 8. I certainly don't carry it well. I need to do something too.

I have a couple of health conditions that are not helped by being overweight. I'm tempted to do a similar thing, might give me the incentive I need.

I will watch with interest how your poker results go, and especially how your weight loss goes!

Best of luck with both!

Graham

Comments

• edited January 2017
    As the New Year approached I decided, as usual, to make a couple of New Year resolutions, one that was poker related and one that was "life" related.

The poker one was easy - DYMs. I have tried many times over the years to make a consistent profit at these and have gone on to fail time and time again. I have had good spells in the past followed by moving up the levels too quickly, getting a spanking and reverting back to tournaments.

The problem is I don't have time in the week to play many tournaments plus I am one of the rare breed who actually enjoy playing DYMs. Over the past year there has been a steady improvement with my DYM results. I'm not be going to giving the likes of Timmy and Jac etc. a run for their money anytime soon, but my graph has started to go in the right direction.

So my plan for the year is to concentrate on playing £5 DYMs, particularly during the week. I may have a dabble at higher levels IF or WHEN my bankroll allows, also, I will move back down the levels if the proverbial hits the fan.

I have been recording my results since the turn of the year and will document them on this thread to help maintain focus.

AIMS: I will be happy with a £1K+ year, anything more will be a bonus, anything less will not be a disaster as long as there is profit.

Results so far this year:
    £5 DYM
    Played: 63
    Won: 41
    Win %: 65
    Profit: +£50

Right, the poker bit is out of the way so onto my current life situation. This resolution did not take long to decide at all.
    I finally quit smoking 6 months ago so that left me with one last issue.........my ever increasing waistline!

The ages of 18-28 really were blissful years, I was in my prime! I ate what I wanted, drank what I wanted and never put on any weight. Throughout these 10 years my weight stayed at 13st 7lb, give or take the odd pound. I was quite active at the time too, in the army until I was 22, playing football etc.

Lets fast forward 7yrs. 35 years old, my prime just a distant memory, middle age just around the corner and my weight at at a shocking high.

I knew I had put on a bit of timber recently, I'd had to quit football a couple of years back and have been far less active. I'd had to increase my jean size over the years 34" til it hurt, 36" until I couldn't sit down anymore before finally resigning to the fact that I'd joined the 38" club (and even they are getting tight). The old belly has grown too, but even with all these warning signs, I still can't recall being as shocked as I was when I stepped on the scales on New Years day.

18st 3lbs........18st 3lbs!

MY WORD!

I'm quite tall (6ft 3") and my missus tells me that I carry it well, but she is biased and I need, and want, to do something about this.

So, I have joined my local gym and will try to eat healthier, though this will be hard as I looove my grub.

Weigh day will be every Monday and I will post the results on here.

TARGET WEIGHT (by 31st December): 15st 0lbs

Here's to a richer and slimmer 2017.........maybe.
  • edited January 2017
    Cheers Graham. Yeah the problem with weight is that it is so easy to put on and so much harder to lose! A bit like your bankroll I'd imagine ;)

I have edited my OP as I had forgotten to put on my target weight.

Good luck to yourself too and keep up the sterling work you put in both on and off the tables.
  • edited January 2017
    Best of luck with both goals!
  • edited January 2017

GL with all this Rick ;)
  • ommomm
    edited January 2017
    Be careful Waller, when Darren Clarke lost a load of weight his gold form went right out the window. ;-)

Good luck of course, I recently lost a few stone and the benefits to life in general is remarkable. Well worth sticking with. 
  • edited January 2017
    Cheers for the best wishes.

Unlike Darren Clarke, I have little gold form to lose in the first place, just 3 stone!

Well I have finished playing for the night so will give a quick update on the poker/healthy living news.

It's a mixed bag tonight but I will start with the better news:

Poker went well, I am trying to work out how many tables I can play without my game going to pot, which at the moment is 4. I have played more in the past and found my game (and my head) really starts to struggle, fair play to the guys who play 12+ tables whilst still maintaining a reasonable level of sanity. After an hour or so of 6+ tables I feel like I need to go and have a lie down in a dark room. I will stick with 4 for now and maybe add a 5th etc. if I feel capable and my results don't suffer.

Anyway, results: (will not be including any MTT results as the thread is purely to focus on DYMs)

Tonight.
    £5 DYM
    Played: 22
    Won: 16
    Win %: 72.7
    Profit: +£39

Year:
    £5 DYM
    Played: 85
    Won: 57
    Win %: 67
    Profit: +£89

I'm off to a good start but I'm aware of the fact that I'm not going to maintain a 67% win rate so I'm gonna enjoy it while it lasts before the first inevitable downswing comes along. This will probably be tomorrow now I've mentioned it.

Had some enjoyable games with Mumsie (the king/queen? of comebacks) and it was good to bump into RLT for what I hope was a cameo appearance at the 5's before moving back along to the big boys.

Away from the tables has been a different story. A story that included copious amounts of Chinese food followed by a slice of cake that was so big I didn't know whether to eat it or do bicep curls with it......I decided to eat it before it went stale. 

I do have a valid reason for the binge though, it's my daughters 14th birthday today so it would have been rude for me not to have had a slice of her birthday cake and I'm not going to sit there tucking into a salad whilst they are all savouring the delights of takeaway food.

I have decided that Saturday will be my cheat day. A takeaway and a few ales one night of the week can't do too much harm afterall.

Gym tomorrow 100% followed by a healthy tea (or dinner for the southerners).

• edited January 2017
    best of luck waller 
  • edited January 2017

Morning Waller, good luck with your poker goals!

I'm definitely no expert but I've attempted similar and I'll be boring straight away and put a warning sign over this so called cheat day method.

The best thing I did early on when I attempted similar was to look at calories, both calories in and calories burnt in exercise.

For example a Bourbon Biscuit has 70 calories. 

If we eat 3 of them, that's > 200 calories.

To burn 200 calories we have to run 2 miles.

Whats easier? Running 2 miles or simply not scoffing the rubbish.

---

Looking at the cheat day idea...

Dominoes Pizza = 1k cals? 

5 pints =  1k cals

You're going to have to run/walk 15-20 miles to burn that off.

Whats easier, running 15 miles or just not bothering wi the junk that night.

It'll just cancel out alot/all of the good work you've done all week building up a good calorie defecit in your favour by eating well and working hard in the gym, is it really worth it?

I dunno dont take any of this as gospel as I may be talking rubbish but this is the mindset I got in to with my diet, you do the really hard work in the gym (and it is rly rly hard, not just the effort when ur there but the effort to drag yourself there) and then you just cancel it out with poor diet. 

Best way is to eat right, as I found that diet is way more important than exercise when it comes to weight loss. 

fwiw a nice 'treat' or takeaway alternative that is still pretty health is Asdas fresh currys, u know like the currys they make in store. 

They're actually quite good in terms of fat, sat fat, calories etc (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Traffic_light_rating_system)

And if you get the missus to heat it and plate it up you probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between an Asda lamb jalfrezi, rice and bombay spuds and the muk the Indian down the road would send you soaked in greese and fat.

Not until you jump on the scales at least. 

----

Like you I love my snap, even still after a year of scoffing healthy stuff. 

But it doesn't mean you have to eat less, just better. I still have huge portions <3 Portion control can f* right off as far as im concerned. As long as it's good stuff, packed with veg, pile my plate as high as it'll go plz xxxx

---

But last year I went 10 months without eating a takeaway or fast food.

In the last 2 months, after 'treating myself' once, I had 6/7 more takeaways and at least the same amount of various fast food junk and cakes and cookies etc.

Once that discipline went, I slipped and piled a stone and half back on in no time, that whilst I was continuing exercising to a decent level consistantly too. 

Its not just the food/calories itself either, its the way it effects your mindset towards dieting, and also makes you feel physically rubbish the day or 2 after. 

And it's hard enough going for a run in the cold alot of days as it is without feeling like rubbish coz you've eaten cr @p a few nights before. 

---

Once last comparison.

I've never smoked, but I've known people who have smoked all my life and so often when they attempt to quit they go out of their way to justify smoking at certain occasions.

For example "ill just have the odd one when im with mates"

or 

"i only smoke when Im drinking" etc.

I imagine this is similar to cheat days with dieting.

I've never known anyone successfully quit using these methods, because their mindset isn't right and their heart isn't fully in it. 

And then when temptation occurs wether it be a cigarette on a dinner break at work or donut in the cafe after your healthy cous cous salad, you just think oh F it. 

and gg. 

"the mental game of dieting" 

Anyway good luck mate, I hope you keep the diary up wether it goes good or bad, let us know how you're getting on! :)
  • edited January 2017

^^^^

Tremendous Post there by Dohhhhhhh, & 100% correct.

A diet that contains weekly "cheat days" is doomed to failure, for all the reasons he notes. 

It's like a smoker giving up ciggies, but saying "Ill just have one a day". Ain't gonna work.

Good luck though Waller - you CAN do it.
  • edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Winning £s, losing lbs:
    ^^^^ Tremendous Post there by Dohhhhhhh, & 100% correct. A diet that contains weekly "cheat days" is doomed to failure, for all the reasons he notes.  It's like a smoker giving up ciggies, but saying "Ill just have one a day". Ain't gonna work. Good luck though Waller - you CAN do it.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes I have to agree with you there. After reading dohhhhhhh's post and giving it some thought I have decided not to have a cheat day every week. However, I will still be treating myself on special occasions such as family meals/birthdays etc. as these certainly won't be every week.

My missus did our weekly food shop today. I opened the fridge as soon as I got back from work to discover a significant increase of fruits, salads and the like. I was also saddened by the absence of Pork and Pickle pies. 

This healthy eating lifestyle is really happening!

I am not budging when it comes to having a few ales on a Saturday night though. I have always liked a drink after a week's graft, I no longer smoke so having a few beers and a game of poker at the weekend is one of life's great pleasures (well it is to me anyway). As a compromise I will substitute my current tipple of choice for a lower calorie beer such as Coors Light (other beers are available).

I will reconsider about the boozing if my weight loss is affected......final answer, I will not be talked out of this one.

Also, after chatting with a mate today, there has been a change of approach as far as exercise is concerned. He has always kept himself in shape and highly recommended that I try the "Insanity" workout programme. He download me a copy and earlier I did my first session as a trial run.

It was 40 minutes of hell. A high intensity circuit training workout. I feel great now though but I'm dreading how I might feel in the morning! 

Trying out another one tomorrow before starting the 3 month programme on Monday.

Installed the "My Fitness Pal" app on my phone to monitor my calorie intake as well making sure that I get the right balance of Proteins, Carbs, Fats and Vitamins. 

LETS DO THIS!

Will update Poker and Diet news sometime over the weekend.
  • edited January 2017
    Best of luck with both goals!
  • edited January 2017
    Hi Ryan , best of luck with your goals. I know where your coming from with the waistline shenanigans, I was a 32 for years, crept up to 36/38, look at my once triangle physique in the mirror and think " what the hell happened " :)
    Great post by Dohh.
    Keep posting.
  • edited January 2017
    Hey Ryan,

Catchy title!

That was a fantastic post by dohhhhh.

All the best in achieving your goals.
  • edited January 2017
    Good luck with the weight loss mate, I am the same age and similar weight/height as you and also decided it's time to shift the weight before middle age sets in. Having a few weeks away from the tables to concentrate on diet and exercise. 

I've joined a group and doing a 6 week challenge with diet and exercise regime. The one piece of advice I can pass on from the fitness guy I spoke to is "you can't outrun a bad diet" i.e. If you eat cr ap then it's not as simple as exercising it off. So I would focus mostly on diet rather than exercise (although some exercise is needed!)

Also I would think about long term permanent changes to lifestyle, as well as the short term weight loss, going to hammer it for 6 weeks now, but also planning to permanently change some bad habits with diet, mindless snacking etc. Will be having a curry in 6 weeks though! 

With the beer have you tried becks blue? tastes the same I find but pretty low calories compared to normal. Won't get you hammered though! 
  • edited January 2017
    Thanks for the best wishes Brrrr, Larson and Tom. That's exactly what happened with me too Tom......ah the 32" waist days, good days!

Thanks for the advice Butler, I'm definitely going to concentrate on maintaining a healthy diet but I know it will be hard at times. Why does junk food have to taste so goooooooood. 

I haven't tried becks blue but I have already bought some Coors light now which have nearly half the calories of some of the other beers that I used to drink.

I notice that I started this thread without giving some background info about myself. Most people who bother to read this will probably have spoken to me either here on the forum or at the tables, but I have only started posting regularly again recently and have noticed a few new names. So....

My name is Ryan, a 35 year old, 3 stone overweight man from a small town near Grimsby.

I love darts, reading (Koontz, King, Paterson.....the daddies of fiction) and football. I am a big Grimsby Town fan who is praying that we can keep hold of Omar Bogle until the summer.

I work as a Telecommunications Engineer.

I have 2 children, both girls aged 9 and 14. They are both the joy and bane of my life depending on what mood they are in. 

Being a dad to a teenage girl seems to get harder day by day. 

The transformation from the sweet little girl, who used to have lots and cuddles and kisses for daddy, to the stroppy teenager who can't bear to be seen in public with either myself or my missus seemed to happen overnight. 

She tells me that I'm an embarrassing dad. She's wrong of course, she just doesn't realise how "down with it" her old man is. For instance, the other week I told her, in front of her friends, that her eyebrows were "on fleek". I know all the lingo! Her mates laughed and my daughter called me an idiot.....she needs to loosen up. YOLO.

That's me in a nutshell anyway. Update to come on Sunday.

Have a good weekend!
  • edited January 2017
    Can't wait to go to the pub tonight, sink 6 pints of full fat lager whilst watching City get knobbed down in London, and then swing by the takeaway for a 12'' meat feast on the way home.

Good luck.
  • edited January 2017
    Some great posts from all so far on this
    The only thing I really remember though is 
    Omar Bogle

That is a great name
  • edited January 2017
    Can't wait to go to the pub tonight, sink 6 pints of full fat lager whilst watching City get knobbed down in London, and then swing by the takeaway for a 12'' meat feast on the way home. Good luck.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

I hope you're sick
  • edited January 2017
    Some great posts from all so far on this The only thing I really remember though is  Omar Bogle That is a great name
    Posted by Jac35
    His name is sung by the town fans to the tune of Tender by Blur (the you're my baby, you're my baby bit). Omar Bogle....Omar Bogle....Omar.....Omar!

Great player. League 2 top scorer, only 23. There are Championship clubs showing interest in him though.

Just hope he stays until the summer. We are hoping to get around 2 million for him which is huge for the club.

• edited January 2017
    In Response to Re: Winning £s, losing lbs : I hope you're sick
    Posted by waller02

Feel good, you'll be disappointed to hear.
  • edited January 2017
    Good luck Waller! I am in a remarkably similar position to yourself...
    I bobbled around 13 stone for years no matter what I ate, am currently 18 stone 3lbs, am a tad over 6 foot and currently squeezing into a size 38. I also started a 'diet' this year and am hoping to be <15 stone before the end of summer.
    Again, the best of luck! Will follow this with interest.

• edited January 2017
    Good luck Waller on both fronts. I have always been an admirer of your excellent poker results and achievements in dyms.

I dont have the weight issue but I do need to exercise more so as I read your updates I will use it to motivate myself too :).

Best of luck

Ger
  • edited January 2017
    Good luck Waller! I am in a remarkably similar position to yourself... I bobbled around 13 stone for years no matter what I ate, am currently 18 stone 3lbs, am a tad over 6 foot and currently squeezing into a size 38. I also started a 'diet' this year and am hoping to be <15 stone before the end of summer. Again, the best of luck! Will follow this with interest.
    Posted by markycash
    Pretty much exactly the same weight issues as me then.

Best of luck with your diet. Let me know how you get on and if you have any weight loss tips along the the way.
  • edited January 2017
    Good luck Waller on both fronts. I have always been an admirer of your excellent poker results and achievements in dyms. I dont have the weight issue but I do need to exercise more so as I read your updates I will use it to motivate myself too :). Best of luck Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Thanks for the good luck message. 

There is not much to admire about my poker results but thanks anyway. If by the end of the year I can get my DYM game to anywhere near the level that the likes of yourself are at then I will be delighted.
  • edited January 2017
    Yesterday was a stressful day.

Started off well, went into town, in a great mood, hangover free and got my hair cut. It all went downhill from there though as it was just after putting £20 of petrol in my car on the way home that I discover that I had somehow lost my debit card, and I have no cash on me. 

So I go inside (red faced) and explain the situation. Then after ringing my bank to cancel the card, which luckily had not been picked up by a stranger and used, I have to ring my Mother in Law to come and bail me out.

She arrives 15 minutes later and I pay for the fuel. I guess Mother in Laws aren't all bad.

I rush home as I have to take my youngest daughter to a party at one of those inflatable play areas. It was 2 hours of my life that I'll never get back!

I spent the time reading (or trying to read) the paper accompanied by the background noise of over 50 children who were either screaming, laughing, crying or throwing a tantrum. I swear that a good one third of those children had no basic concept of how to behave!

It's safe to say that I needed those Coors light when I finally arrived home.

Time for a poker update anyway:

Of the 3 sessions I have played since the last update, only one has been a winning one. 

Thursday was a horrid session, I was hitting everything, sets, top 2, straights etc. and still lost the first 5. I ran into better sets or flushes. It was one of those days. On the flip side, in the games that I did win, I couldn't hit a cows backside with banjo but somehow scraped through to claw back some of the losses.

Friday was slightly better before finishing with another losing session yesterday to top off what had been a pretty poor day all round!

I played a lot more tournaments with it being the weekend and I did find that as I got deeper in a tournament, I stopped focussing so much on the DYM tables that I had open. So I don't know if that could have affected the results? Maybe just looking for an excuse.  

I ended up stopping play at around 11pm and going to rail Boxster in the HR for a bit. Wp him, all for free too. He does a lot for the community here on Sky so it was a pleasure to watch.

Results (Thurs, Fri, Sat):
    £5 DYM
    Played: 47
    Won: 22
    Win %: 47%
    Profit: -£39

Year: 
    £5 DYM
    Played: 133
    Won: 79
    Win %: 59.4%
    Profit: £50

The diet has been going well. Haven't been snacking or eating junk. After working out on Thursday and Friday my body is really aching but that was to be expected. No pain no gain!

Start the proper 3 month programme of the Insanity workout tomorrow. It's also weigh day tomorrow but I will be surprised if I have lost much after a few days, but we'll see!

• edited January 2017
    Gl with your dieting guys. Now this maybe TMI, but your bowel can hold between 5lbs -25lbs of poop. Knowing how much you have currently is another matter. Times of weigh ins are important. 
  • edited January 2017
    Gl with your dieting guys. Now this maybe TMI, but your bowel can hold between 5lbs -25lbs of poop. Knowing how much you have currently is another matter. Times of weigh ins are important. 
    Posted by chilling
    I'm weighing myself first thing in the morning, every Monday. As long as I do it at the same time every week then it should be fine, shouldn't it?
  • edited January 2017
    Possibly, im just pointing out that weighing yourself regarding weightloss, is never an exact science.
  • edited January 2017
    Yesterday was a stressful day. Started off well, went into town, in a great mood, hangover free and got my hair cut. It all went downhill from there though as it was just after putting £20 of petrol in my car on the way home that I discover that I had somehow lost my debit card, and I have no cash on me.  So I go inside (red faced) and explain the situation. Then after ringing my bank to cancel the card, which luckily had not been picked up by a stranger and used, I have to ring my Mother in Law to come and bail me out. She arrives 15 minutes later and I pay for the fuel. I guess Mother in Laws aren't all bad. I rush home as I have to take my youngest daughter to a party at one of those inflatable play areas. It was 2 hours of my life that I'll never get back! I spent the time reading (or trying to read) the paper accompanied by the background noise of over 50 children who were either screaming, laughing, crying or throwing a tantrum. I swear that a good one third of those children had no basic concept of how to behave! It's safe to say that I needed those Coors light when I finally arrived home. Time for a poker update anyway: Of the 3 sessions I have played since the last update, only one has been a winning one.  Thursday was a horrid session, I was hitting everything, sets, top 2, straights etc. and still lost the first 5. I ran into better sets or flushes. It was one of those days. On the flip side, in the games that I did win, I couldn't hit a cows backside with banjo but somehow scraped through to claw back some of the losses. Friday was slightly better before finishing with another losing session yesterday to top off what had been a pretty poor day all round! I played a lot more tournaments with it being the weekend and I did find that as I got deeper in a tournament, I stopped focussing so much on the DYM tables that I had open. So I don't know if that could have affected the results? Maybe just looking for an excuse.   I ended up stopping play at around 11pm and going to rail Boxster in the HR for a bit. Wp him, all for free too. He does a lot for the community here on Sky so it was a pleasure to watch. Results (Thurs, Fri, Sat): £5 DYM Played: 47 Won: 22 Win %: 47% Profit: -£39 Year:  £5 DYM Played: 133 Won: 79 Win %: 59.4% Profit: £50 The diet has been going well. Haven't been snacking or eating junk. After working out on Thursday and Friday my body is really aching but that was to be expected. No pain no gain! Start the proper 3 month programme of the Insanity workout tomorrow. It's also weigh day tomorrow but I will be surprised if I have lost much after a few days, but we'll see!
    Posted by waller02

OMG Insanity programme, just be prepared not to be able to sit down comfortably on rest days. A friend of mine is doing it and he's in a right tangle. Cut out sugar if you take it, you'd be amazed how much you could lose just cutting that out.

Good luck to you.
  • edited January 2017
    Hi Waller, seen you around on the DYM tables... best of luck with your resolutions for 2017.

I'm in a similar position but female & around 14 stone but I'm 5'11" so it doesn't show. Looking to lose a couple of stone in 2017 and build up a decent poker bankroll through DYMs.

With regards to the cheat day idea, I would also agree this is probably a bad idea. What you could do is maybe cook up a healthy alternative to a takeaway as there's tons of recipes for pizzas, curries, chinese/asian food that are lower calorie.