You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The WSOP 2017 Thread

Comments

• edited June 2017

You are right at the very peak of your form already Barny, well done & thank you, these are a delight to read.
  • edited June 2017
    I agree with Tikay.  I never would have known about Rex Clinkscales without this thread.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: The WSOP 2017 Thread:
    I agree with Tikay.  I never would have known about Rex Clinkscales without this thread.
    Posted by SoLack
    Gotta love those yankee names, huh?

Rex Clinkscales.
  • edited June 2017
    Updates from the end of Saturday night/Sunday morning action

Event 5 - Colossus Flight D
    What chance someone winning a gigantic event like this twice in three years? Well, Cord Garcia is looking to do just that and sits very nicely among the chip leaders after finishing 2nd on Day 1D trailing just Irish player Toby Joyce. Sergi Reixach and Markus Kuhnen are both shown as British among the 82 survivors but are probably continental cousins living in our great country. Not too many well known names among the rest of the 82 so I started what I often do in these spots, look at the bizarrely named home towns of the American players and the best one I found here was the small town of Ooltewah, Tennesse, home of 74th placed Thomas Rogers and just 86 others.

Event  8 - $333 WSOP.com Online NLH, re-entry, 1 Day Event ($333,333 guarantee, starts at 3:33pm), 2509 entries, 1780 unique players
    You know when you're playing online, and you lose your connection, or something happens that you end up missing a hand or two? How galling is that? How much more galling is it that it happens when you get heads up for a WSOP Bracelet?

That's what happened to Mark Scacewater. As soon as the third placed player was eliminated, Scacewater ("PLODonkey 17") disappeared from the scene and Joseph ("ul_gg") Mitchell won numerous hands without opposition before Scacewater briefly returned to play the last two hands. He won the first to double up his short stack but not the second and it was all over. Mitchell won $122K, Scacewater $73K and third placed Michael Addamo gets an amount that seems to have been undeclared!

• edited June 2017
    Event  5 - $565 Colossus III NLH, Day 1 E/F, 18053 entries
    Flight E was the largest of the flights, and it is Neil Mittleman who has the chip lead after a big pot in the last hand of the night, two more lesser-known names (Katie Lindsay & Karel Havelka lie second and third)

146 others join them in moving on, with several British players survived, Chris Moorman being the best known and the second best placed (24th) with Blair Matheson inside the top 10 and Zahir Aslam, Charles Mason, Raul Martinez Requena also bagging chips.

The entries for the various Flights
    A - 2756
    B - 1982
    C - 3102
    D - 2324
    E - 3966
    F - 3923

for a total of 18053, down from 21613 last year, over a 16% reduction in entries.

The bubble for Flight F went on for 45 minutes, 25 hands. On 21 of those hands there was an all-in and a call, and on all 21 the all-in player survived. The unlucky player at the 22nd attempt had AK against pocket Aces and failed to improve and the tournament could move on.

Event  6 - $111,111 High Roller for One Drop NLH, Day 3 of 3, 130 entries
    Bertand "Elky" Grospellier held the chip lead at the start of the day, and he also holds the lead at the end of the day.

The colourful Frenchman has almost double the chip of his nearest rival, 2014 ME winner Martin Jacobson who vaulted into second by eliminating 14-time bracelet winner Phil Hellmuth as the last elimination of the night.

Both former Big One for One Drop winners Dan Colman and Antonio Esfandiari were busted, as was British players Charlie Carrel (15th, $187K) and Salman Behbehani (13th, $217K) and Event 2 co-winner Igor Kurganov

The rest of the final 9, all looking for that over $3 million winning prize - Dario Sammartino, Chris Moore, Andrew Robl, Doug Polk, Rainer Kempe, Michael Kamran and Haralabos Voulgaris

Event  7 - $2500 Mixed Triple Draw Lowball (Limit), Day 2 of 3, 225 entrants
    Still in play with 9 left including James Obst, Chris Bjorin and short stack Barry Greenstein

Event  9 - $10K Omaha Hi-Low 8 or better Championship, Day 1 of 3
    Still in play, during Level 8. At the end of this level, late reg will close and we will have field size and payout numbers, but there will still be two levels to play on Day 1.

To Start Today
    Event 10 - $1K Tag Team NLH (2-4 players per team), 3 Day Event
    Event 11 - $1500 Dealers Choice 6 Handed, 3 Day Event

• edited June 2017

"The bubble for Flight F went on for 45 minutes, 25 hands. On 21 of those hands there was an all-in and a call, and on all 21 the all-in player survived"

Isn't that extraordinary?
  • edited June 2017
    Later Updates

Colossus Day 1F
    Nearly 4000 players in the final chance to make Day 2 of the Colossus, and 143 seized that chance to join the qualifiers from flights A-E. Two players cracked half a million chips - Ardavan Yazdi & Harry Arutynyan with Jordan Polk nor far behind.

Ben Dobson appears to be the only GB qualifier, and not many big names made it - Matt Affleck, Cate Hall & Jeff Gross about the biggest, and I wouldn't have said any of them are any bigger than medium names really. Those who didn't include Will Kassouf, Maria Ho, Kenny Hallaert, and the two players who got their second bracelets a few days ago (Upeshka Da Silva & Ben Zamani)

Event  7 - $2500 Mixed Triple Draw Lowball (Limit), Day 2 of 3, 225 entrants
    They're at the unofficial FT overnight with 7 players left, led by Terry Jennings. Jesse Martin (1 bracelet) and Chris Bjorin (2 bracelets) are on his tail but Barry Greenstein bowed out late on.

The solution they have for a 7 handed table when the game (with all the potential draws) can only really accommodate six is that the player who is nominally "Under The Gun" will sit out each hand. It also means they will play 7 hands of each game to make a fair orbit.

Event  9 - $10K Omaha Hi-Low 8 or better Championship, Day 1 of 3, 155 entrants
    Mike Gorodinsky is no stranger to big money bracelet events, his second coming in the prestigious $50K Players Championship in 2015, a win that played a large part in him becoming the WSOP Player of the Year. He is in the lead after Day 1 of Event 9, but only 2000 chips ahead of his nearest challenger Kyle Miaso.

In third we have a representative of these shores - Iraj Parvizi, listed as coming from Birchington, a place I admit I'd not heard of before. Turns out it is on the Thanet coast, a few miles from Margate. Reading a little about Parvizi, it seems like has had a somewhat colourful past.

Three more Brits accompany him to Day 2 - Philip Long, last years winner Benny Glaser, and Timothy Flanders who will have to get busy on Day 2 as he only has a smidgen over 1 Big Blind.

Several other well known players there too - Dan Shak, Daniel Negreanu, Fabrice Soulier, Anthony Zinno, Frank Kassela etc.

• edited June 2017
    Just started to put this morning's post together and what do I see on the very first update I look at:

"Among those to bump up their stacks were Natalie Bromley and Jamie Kerstetter, A.K.A. Team Crouton."

That's more or less on the bubble of the $1K Tag Team event

• edited June 2017
    Natalie is actually in Team Bromley with me and we're now in the money.

Now for that bracelet.
  • edited June 2017
    Thanks Adam for the clarification

Not much time for a detailed report this morning, will sort things out later.

Event  5 - $565 Colossus III NLH, Day 2, 18053 entries
    Well in to the combined Day 2 with just 84 players remaining from the huge field. The chip count page is very confused at the moment but it looks like Gavin O'Rourke from Ireland is the chip leader, and we still have some British interest through Tom Hall

Event  6 - $111,111 High Roller for One Drop NLH, Day 4 of 3, 130 entries
    Doug Polk is one of the highest-renowned online players, particularly in the heads-up arena, and he is getting quite a reputation live too.

He collected his third bracelet in five years by denying Frenchman Bertand "Elky" Grospellier a "wire to wire" success in the highest buyin event of the series.

Polk collects over $3.6m for his win, taking his total live earnings over $8m.

Event  7 - $2500 Mixed Triple Draw Lowball (Limit), Day 3 of 3, 225 entrants
    This one is also done and dusted and goes to Jesse Martin, collecting his second bracelet.

He beat Aussie James Obst heads-up to pick up over $130K and that all-important piece of jewellery.

Chris Bjorin, well known on the UK poker scene, finished in third place.

Event  9 - $10K Omaha Hi-Low 8 or better Championship, Day 2 of 3, 155 entrants
    Twenty left as I type Abe Mosseri having the chip lead but several well known players are also still in contention, including John Monnette, David "ODB" Baker, Daniel Negreanu & Mike Matusow.

Event 10 - $1K Tag Team NLH (2-4 players per team), Day 1 of 3, TBA entries
    Go Team Bromley! Adam and Natalie are in the money as the bubble has just burst in the second tag team event of the series, despite the WSOP news page putting Natalie in a team with someone else!

Event 11 - $1500 Dealers Choice 6 Handed, Day 1 of 3, 364 entrants
    They're on their last break of the day there in Event 11 with the field being reduced to 138 or so players, of which 55 will eventually cash.

To Start Today
    Event 12 - $1500 NLH, 3 Day Event
    Event 13 - $1500 2-7 Draw Lowball No Limit, 3 Day Event, single re-entry
  • edited June 2017
    Come on team Bromley very best of luck 
  • edited June 2017
    Natalie is actually in Team Bromley with me and we're now in the money. Now for that bracelet.
    Posted by bromley04
    Excellent stuff, well done!
  • edited June 2017
    $111,111 High Roller for One Drop NLH, Day 4 of 3, 130 entries Doug Polk is one of the highest-renowned online players, particularly in the heads-up arena, and he is getting quite a reputation live too. He collected his third bracelet in five years by denying Frenchman Bertand "Elky" Grospellier a "wire to wire" success in the highest buyin event of the series. Polk collects over $3.6m for his win, taking his total live earnings over $8m. 
    Posted by FCHD
    Woke up and checked the WSOP live updates this morning and was very happy to see Doug Polk won. When I went to sleep he was on 3 million chips and sitting 6/6.

So why would I care? Well I have enjoyed watching his online videos recently but that wasn't the reason. I was mostly happy as yesterday he gave gave me one of those moments of laughter when we are glad we didn't have a mouthful of coffee as it may have gotten rather messy.

You may remember the absurd argument put forward by Daniel Negreanu that if sites charged more rake it would be better us players. Well call me sceptical, but, for a rather large list of reasons, I do not agree with Daniel's self-serving reasoning. Doug Polk didn't buy into Daniel's reasoning either and made a video on Youtube outlining his reasons. 

So I was watching Doug's online Vlogs about the $111,111 High Roller and Doug was explaining that he was doing quite well and had a healthy chip stack so he may be on the feature table. Someone else was still in too that the media tend to follow, yes, Mr Negreanu. Wouldn't you know it... they are drawn at the same table, the feature table, and actually sat next to one another. This was fun enough for novelty 'get the popcorn out' value but then out of the blue at 6 minutes 42 seconds Doug takes his suit jacket off to reveal his T-shirt. His T-shirt has 3 simple sarcastic words... "More Rake Better" - and this was the moment I was glad I hadn't just taken a gulp of my coffee.

Yeah maybe I am easily amused but I found it rather funny. The words simply stated what Negreanu said so I don't see how they could be considered offensive and if you see the rest of the Vlogs you will understand that while Doug disagreed with Daniel, he had no intention of berating Daniel or being childish about it! (well apart from the T-shirt of course).

That is some payday for Doug who had 43% of his own action! Nice to see someone doing quite well for themselves who has not succumb to self-serving reasoning that basically sticks it to the rest of us.
  • ommomm
    edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: The WSOP 2017 Thread : Woke up and checked the WSOP live updates this morning and was very happy to see Doug Polk won. When I went to sleep he was on 3 million chips and sitting 6/6. So why would I care? Well I have enjoyed watching his online videos recently but that wasn't the reason. I was mostly happy as yesterday he gave gave me one of those moments of laughter when we are glad we didn't have a mouthful of coffee as it may have gotten rather messy. You may remember the absurd argument put forward by Daniel Negreanu that if sites charged more rake it would be better us players. Well call me sceptical, but, for a rather large list of reasons, I do not agree with Daniel's self-serving reasoning. Doug Polk didn't buy into Daniel's reasoning either and made a  video on Youtube  outlining his reasons.  So I was watching  Doug's online Vlogs  about the $111,111 High Roller and Doug was explaining that he was doing quite well and had a healthy chip stack so he may be on the feature table. Someone else was still in too that the media tend to follow, yes, Mr Negreanu. Wouldn't you know it... they are drawn at the same table, the feature table, and actually sat next to one another. This was fun enough for novelty 'get the popcorn out' value but then out of the blue at 6 minutes 42 seconds Doug takes his suit jacket off to reveal his T-shirt. His T-shirt has 3 simple sarcastic words... "More Rake Better" - and this was the moment I was glad I hadn't just taken a gulp of my coffee. Yeah maybe I am easily amused but I found it rather funny. The words simply stated what Negreanu said so I don't see how they could be considered offensive and if you see the rest of the Vlogs you will understand that while Doug disagreed with Daniel, he had no intention of berating Daniel or being childish about it! (well apart from the T-shirt of course). That is some payday for Doug who had 43% of his own action! Nice to see someone doing

Agree Mark, he may not be everyone's cup of tea but I like the fact he questions things in the poker world and is not afraid to have a laugh about himself as well, particularly thought his latest video on Alec Torelli was so funny. Well done him on getting the win.

• edited June 2017
    Big Doug fan, so really glad to see him do this, good timing with the MTT course being released on Upswing too. Can anyone out there shead some light on his comments about marked cards, you'd imagine quaity control would be paramount in regards to the design on the back, is this a more common occurance than you might think, or a genuine freak occurance? Thanks for running this thread it's really great :)
  • edited June 2017
    Don't know what happened to this post that I put up during lunchtime, I'm sure it was there earlier

Event  5 - $565 Colossus III NLH, Day 2, 18053 entries
    Over eighteen thousand have now become just 43 at the end of Day 2. Raul Martinez Requena, showing as being from London, is the chip leader ahead of Erkut Yilmaz and Pojana Jenne.

Gavin O'Rourke from Ireland was the chip leader for a while, and despite dropping down a little still has a decent stack, as does Luke Brereton while Tom Hall is three quarter of the way down the field.

Event  9 - $10K Omaha Hi-Low 8 or better Championship, Day 2 of 3, 155 entrants
    Seven-teen, ooh-ee-ooh, they want you Seven-teen. Whoops! Transferred back to my adolescence in 1979 there for a moment. Anywhere there is 17 players left in this.

The three eliminations after my previous posting didn't involve any of the named players, and Abe Mosseri maintained the lead to the end of the night.

Event 10 - $1K Tag Team NLH (2-4 players per team), Day 1 of 3, 843 entries
    Alas it is no Team Bromley bracelet as our favourite poker couple busted in 101st place. Natalie pockets $750, while Adam gets "merely" $749. In reality I wouldn't be surprised if Natalie gets to spend the lot!

It's also no defence for Doug Polk & Ryan Fee (and their two new teammates) as they were the very first team busted after the bubble. Don't expect Polk will be too disappointed with his day's work though.

94 teams have move in with the John Hulett/Deepinger Singh combination the top team. Despite the Bromleys' exit, there is still a Sky Poker connection as James Rann's team is still involved.

Some interesting combinations still in, one of the most powerful being the quartet of Fedor Holz/Rainer Kempe/Maria Ho/Phillip Zukernik, and the least popular winners (of that I have no doubt) is the Andy Bloch/Chris Ferguson/Howard Lederer grouping.

Event 11 - $1500 Dealers Choice 6 Handed, Day 1 of 3, 364 entrants
    Fast and furious action with only a quarter of the field getting through Day 1, led by Troy Evans but the figure of Robert Mizrachi looms large aiming to continue his impressive record in this event, winner of the inaugural 2014 running and third in 2015.

No British players appear on the chip listings, Benny Glaser, Stephen Chidwick and Richard Ashby were all eliminated during the day.
  • edited June 2017
    Event  5 - $565 Colossus III NLH, Day 3 of 4, 18053 entries
    The Final Table has been set and it is Mark Babekov, who made his last WSOP FT as long ago as 2010, who is the chip leader.

Babekov leads an all-American group of 9 ahead of Erkut Yilmaz and Taylor Swift, no sorry Taylor Black, in second and third.

Matt Affleck, who is inside the 100 of the Global Player Index ranking, is the best known player left but he has the shortest stack.

Event  9 - $10K Omaha Hi-Low 8 or better Championship, Day 3 of 3, 155 entrants
    Excitement is growing as this one is down to three-handed and play is continuing. The three players include 6-time bracelet winner Daniel Negreanu, so interest is high. Abe Mosseri and Yarron Ben der are the players trying to deny him. Chip stacks are pretty even.

Event 10 - $1K Tag Team NLH (2-4 players per team), Day 2 of 3, 843 entries
    They've just reached the FT with 35 minutes of play left tonight and they have decided to continue.

Barry & Allyn Shulman's team were knocked out in 11th and the last British combination, James Rann & Andrew Hedley, went out in 34th for $1753 each.

Event 11 - $1500 Dealers Choice 6 Handed, Day 2 of 3, 364 entrants
    Still playing with 13 left and two pros at the top of the listings - Justin Bonomo & Brandon Cantu. Robert Mizrachi is still there and the last non-American is Finn Sampo Ryynanen.

Event 12 - $1500 NLH, 3 Day Event, Day 1 of 3, 1739 entrants
    The $1500 NLH events used to be the bread and butter of the WSOP but with the inlcusion of so many themed/gimmicky events (delete as applicable) there's not so many of them these days.

About 275 are still involved, with some good news from the UK front, Ben Heath is among the chip leaders.

Also doing well so far Loni Harwood, Humberto Brenes and Phil Collins, not the singer but 2011 November Niner.

Event 13 - $1500 2-7 Draw Lowball No Limit, Day 1 of 3, single re-entry, 266 entrants
    A predictably small field for a $1500 tournament, at the final break of the day 78 players remain.

Full update later but Benny Glaser & Stephen Chidwick seem to be doing well, and mentioned in dispatches for the first time this series, Stuart Rutter is battling on.

To Start Today
    Event 14 - $1500 HORSE, 3 Day Event
    Event 15 - $10K Heads Up NLH Championship, 3 Day Event
  • edited June 2017
    Some interesting combinations still in, one of the most powerful being the quartet of Fedor Holz/Rainer Kempe/Maria Ho/Phillip Zukernik, and the least popular winners (of that I have no doubt) is the Andy Bloch/Chris Ferguson/Howard Lederer grouping.
    Posted by FCHD
    This is the level of trolling that I aspire to.

I really hope that if they bust, they give out some of those "I busted a Full Tilt Pro" T-shirts. Using my one time because it would be hilarious.
  • edited June 2017

Barry & Allyn Shulman's team were knocked out in 11th and the last British combination, James Rann & Andrew Hedley, went out in 34th for $1753 each.

Not sure about the 2nd player, but the 1st player maybe Runnitsrann (?) who plays high level stuff on Sky Poker.

Great thread, cheers FCHD.
  • edited June 2017
    In Response to Re: The WSOP 2017 Thread :
    In Response to Re: The WSOP 2017 Thread : Woke up and checked the WSOP live updates this morning and was very happy to see Doug Polk won. When I went to sleep he was on 3 million chips and sitting 6/6. So why would I care? Well I have enjoyed watching his online videos recently but that wasn't the reason. I was mostly happy as yesterday he gave gave me one of those moments of laughter when we are glad we didn't have a mouthful of coffee as it may have gotten rather messy. You may remember the absurd argument put forward by Daniel Negreanu that if sites charged more rake it would be better us players. Well call me sceptical, but, for a rather large list of reasons, I do not agree with Daniel's self-serving reasoning. Doug Polk didn't buy into Daniel's reasoning either and made a  video on Youtube  outlining his reasons.  So I was watching  Doug's online Vlogs  about the $111,111 High Roller and Doug was explaining that he was doing quite well and had a healthy chip stack so he may be on the feature table. Someone else was still in too that the media tend to follow, yes, Mr Negreanu. Wouldn't you know it... they are drawn at the same table, the feature table, and actually sat next to one another. This was fun enough for novelty 'get the popcorn out' value but then out of the blue at 6 minutes 42 seconds Doug takes his suit jacket off to reveal his T-shirt. His T-shirt has 3 simple sarcastic words... "More Rake Better" - and this was the moment I was glad I hadn't just taken a gulp of my coffee. Yeah maybe I am easily amused but I found it rather funny. The words simply stated what Negreanu said so I don't see how they could be considered offensive and if you see the rest of the Vlogs you will understand that while Doug disagreed with Daniel, he had no intention of berating Daniel or being childish about it! (well apart from the T-shirt of course). That is some payday for Doug who had 43% of his own action! Nice to see someone doing Agree Mark, he may not be everyone's cup of tea but I like the fact he questions things in the poker world and is not afraid to have a laugh about himself as well, particularly thought his latest video on Alec Torelli was so funny. Well done him on getting the win.
    Posted by omm

Ah was that the one with the supposed 'angle shooting'? That was pretty interesting!

If it is that one then I think Torelli came off pretty badly from the whole situation. It wouldn't surprise me if he had hidden those 2 x $5k chips but even if he hadn't he certainly made the most of the situation.
  • edited June 2017
    Updates

Event  9 - $10K Omaha Hi-Low 8 or better Championship, Day 3 of 3, 155 entrants
    Three days wasn't enough to finish Event 9, even an extra level didn't help although it did knock out Yannick Bendor in third place.

Daniel Negreanu and Abe Mosseri will play for the bracelet and the $388K first prize, with the heads-up loser getting the consolation of $240K.

Mosseri holds a 2:1 chip lead, but that could easily change in one hand.

Event 10 - $1K Tag Team NLH (2-4 players per team), Day 2 of 3, 843 entries
    The final 35 minutes of play saw 7 hands played and no eliminations so it's more or less as you were.

DJ MacKinnon & Esther Taylor are the chip leaders, with a decent lead over the Kiryl Radzivonau - Mikhail Semin combination and Pablo Mariz - David Guay are in third.

Eight of the nine teams are duos, only the 8th placed group are a trio (Joseph Choueiri/Rafael Lopez/James Gibson)

Event 11 - $1500 Dealers Choice 6 Handed, Day 2 of 3, 364 entrants
    Nine players remain on two table at the end of day 2 with David Bach looking for his second bracelet topping the chip counts.

It's an all-American line-up with Christopher Sensoli and Chip Jett in second and third and perhaps the best known player remaining, Brandon Cantu one of the short stacks.

Robert Mizrachi's bid for a repeat victory ended late in the day with him getting knocked out in 12th.

No GB cashes to report.

Event 12 - $1500 NLH, 3 Day Event, Day 1 of 3, 1739 entrants
    I mentioned above that Ben Heath was chip leader and at the end of the day I can report that is still the case. That's maybe because there is still the 275 left in I quoted so I must have picked up a very late in the day update.

Charlie Coultas & Graeme Ladd lie close behind Heath (so that's 2 out of the three for the UK) before we get to the first bracelet holder, Loni Harwood who picked up $609K when she won a similar event in 2013.

Sergi Reixach lies 6th and is shown as from GB but is really from Giron. Daniel Tang and Phillip McAllister in 30th and 31st are more homegrown Brits while among other Brits Barny Boatman is still in too.

261 will get paid, so the bubble will arrive shortly on Day 2.

Event 13 - $1500 2-7 Draw Lowball No Limit, Day 1 of 3, single re-entry, 266 entrants
    Again, the bubble will arrive early on Day 2 as there are 40 to be paid and 50 players left.

Alex Foxen, Georgii Belianin and Tom Schneider are the top three chips but there are plenty of well known players still involved, one of whom is very well known to us here at Sky Poker

Stu Rutter recovered from a short stack to chip up to 51K chips which was enough for 14th place overnight.

Benny Glaser makes it a second British player in the field, along with Phil Hellmuth, Anthony Zinno, JC Tran, David "ODB" Baker, James Obst etc.

• edited June 2017
    A lot of different events in action today

Event  5 - $565 Colossus III NLH, Day 4 of 4, 18053 entries
    The Colossus is done and dusted for another year and after the dust has settled, it's Thomas Pomponio from New Jersey who holds the bracelet and earns about 7 times more than his TOTAL recorded previous cashes

He beat Taylor Black heads up. Black had he lead entering head to head play but a huge confrontation after just four hands saw a big swing towards Black and he held that lead until the finish.

John Hanna finished third , Mark Babekov fourth and Kent Coppock fifth.

Event  9 - $10K Omaha Hi-Low 8 or better Championship, Day 4 of 3, 155 entrants
    It wasn't to be a seventh bracelet for Daniel Negreanu, as Abe Mosseri took only a few hands (winning them all) to claim his second bracelet (first since 2009). Mosseri collects $388K, Negreanu $240K.

Event 10 - $1K Tag Team NLH (2-4 players per team), Day 3 of 3, 843 entries
    Another one that has been completed, and we have two first time bracelet holders - Aditya Sushant and Nipun Java, two Indian-born players.

The final hand was, as our American friends day, a doozy. Sushant held A8, and called Pablo Mariz's shove with KQ. The flop came QQ3, meaning the Indians needed to hit runner-runner aces, and that's exactly what happened.

Mariz and his partner David Guay collect $93K with the winners sharing $150K.

Event 11 - $1500 Dealers Choice 6 Handed, Day 3 of 3, 364 entrants
    And the fourth bracelet decision of the night ended in favour of David Bach. The mixed-game specialist (he won the 2009 $50K HORSE) bust all but one of his FT opponents in a dominating peformance.

The runner-up ws Kevin Iacofano and Christopher Sensoli finished third.

Event 12 - $1500 NLH, 3 Day Event, Day 2 of 3, 1739 entrants
    Now to the events still in progress. Twenty eight players are still in Event 12, with Australian Melissa Gillett currently has the chip lead. It looks like there are still two British players involved - Ben Heath and Graeme Ladd.

Event 13 - $1500 2-7 Draw Lowball No Limit, Day 2 of 3, single re-entry, 266 entrants
    Two Brits still in this too, at the last break of the day, but we're already down to 9 players and each remaining player is guaranteed at least $5500.

And the good news is that one of those two Brits is Stuart Rutter. He lies 6th as I type, with Benny Glaser having just overtaken Matt Waxman to move to the top of the table.

Event 14 - $1500 HORSE, Day 1 of 3, 736 entrants
    This is just about wrapping up day 1, WSOP have just tweeted that unofficially 181 remain so the web page that shows 232 is a bit behind.

If the chip counts can be believed, Adam Dickson, Richard Ashby & Pete Linton make it at least 3 Brits with decent stacks.

Event 15 - $10K Heads Up NLH Championship, Day 1 of 3, 129 entrants
    The most awkward number which meant one pair had to play a first round match while everyone else had a couple of hours off.

Mark Radoja beat Kyle Bowker to knock the field down to a managable 128. Since then they've completed the Round of 128 and have almost done the Round of 64 with just a few matches in-play.

They will resume with 32 players tomorrow, including Jason McConnon and Charlie Carrel for the UK. Two former ME winners are among the other survivors, Joe Cada & Ryan Reiss.

To Start Today
    Event 16 - $1500 NLH 6-max, 3 Day Event

Event 17 - $10K Dealers Choice 6-Max Championship, 3 Day Event
  • edited June 2017
    Brief update

Down to 8 (so the unofficial FT) in the triple draw, Rutter & Glaser still in although both have taken a little hit in chips. Just starting Level 20, which I assume is the last level of the day.
  • edited June 2017
    In Brit on Brit action to end the night, Stu eliminated Benny Glaser so he ha made the FT. Bernard Lee has a decent chip, then the next four (including Stu) are closely bunched with one short stack at the table.  $12868 locked up, but a chance of so much more plus of course that elusive bracelet.
  • edited June 2017

Updates

Event 12
    This one ended day 2 with 23 players and Australian Melissa Gillett has a rather large chip lead. Her 3.4m chips dwarves runner-up Aditya Agarwal (been a good day for Indian players) who has a little under 1.3m. In fact, Gillett has as many chips as places 2, 3 and 4 put together.

Graeme Ladd is the only UK survivor after Ben Heath went out on Day 2 - the chip counts that I referred to above must have been wrong.

All 23 left have earned at least $12K already with the FT meaning a minimum of $30K and the winner picking up $391K and some silverware.

Event 13
    Catered for in the mini updates, but for the record, Stuart Rutter is one 6 players at the final table. Bernard Lee has 571K chips, Matt Waxman 395K, Frank Kassela 365K, Tim McGuigan 299K, Rutter 268K and the short stack of Jared Bleznick less than 100K so I imagine all the other 5 players would like to KO Bleznick and ladder from $12K to $17K.

Play will resume at 2pm Local Time, 10pm our time and I will keep an eye on this as the first General Election results come in.

Event 14
    The final figure of Day 1 survivors was 168 so we're still 57 away from the money.

Adam Dickson is the overnight leader and, while his lead is not so dominating as Gillett, a near as makes no difference a 2:1 lead over his nearest opponent is something not to be sniffed at.

In second place, we have a rarity, a player from Cote D'Ivoire, Chawki Fawaz, with New Yorker Helen Ellis third.

Peter Linton is top Brit in 4th, and Ben Dobson appears to be the only other UK player in 68th.

Daniel Negreanu seems to have bagged chips at the end of nearly every Day 1 he's played so far, and this event was no different. David "Bakes" Baker, Brandon Shack-Harris, Chris Tryba, Michael Mizrachi, Mike Gorodinsky and Jason Mercier are all among the other player who will be there come the start of Day 2.
  • edited June 2017

good work fchd

• edited June 2017
    Bad news I'm afraid, Stuart Rutter was first man out on the FT of Event 13

Oh well, I can now concentrate on what has happened in the election. Sounds like an interesting night ahead...

• edited June 2017
    Just to let you know there won't be a full update this morning, been too busy watching election results to do the work involved.

A few updates - Frank Kassela won the 2-7 Triple Draw, Jordan Young and David Pham area heads-up in the $1500 NLH Event 12 ad the heads-up is at the quarter final stage with the ties set as :

Riess v Busquet
    Smith v Duong
    Hughes v Mateos
    Fee v Carrel
  • edited June 2017
    Apologies for the absence, it seems that one all-nighter knocked me sideways for 36-hours. Guess that's old age catching up with me.

Event 12 - $1500 NLH, 3 Day Event, Day 3 of 3, 1739 entrants
    Event 12 is over, and it's another bracelet for someone who has already experienced bracelet-pressure before.

David "Dragon" Pham is the man in question, who won his first as long ago in 2001 and his second in 2006, with a 11-year gap before this, his third.

He beat Jordan Young after a three-hour heads up match, Young starting the duel with a large lead which gently disappeared over 130 hands. Pham collected $391K, Young $242K and third placed Russian Roman Korenev $174K.

Best placed Brit was Graeme Ladd in 16th for $15047.

Event 13 - $1500 2-7 Draw Lowball No Limit, Day 3 of 3, single re-entry, 266 entrants
    It's also a third bracelet for Frank Kassela, his first in a variant other than Stud (he won two bracelets close together in 2010 when he was the WSOP player of the year).

Stuart Rutter made the final table, but was first man out when he made a 9 perfect (9-5-4-3-2) but Kassela tabled a hand headed by an 8.

Bernard Lee (not he bloke played M in the James Bond films) finished second and in third place was Tim McGuigan (not of the NI boxing family), having his first ever WSOP cash.

Event 14 - $1500 HORSE, Day 3 of 3, 736 entrants
    And to continue the theme, Event 14 was also won by a previous bracelet holder, David Singer who won a Pot Limit Hold'em event in 2008.

After being down to fumes at one point, Singer grinded upwards and had a day-long duel with Kevin LaMonica that Singer eventually got the better of.

Andrew Kelsall finished third, Max Pescatori 4th and David "Bakes" Baker 6th.

Richard Ashby finished as best-placed UK player, 13th for $8882 while Peter Linton & Ben Dobson also cashed.

Event 15 - $10K Heads Up NLH Championship, Day 3 of 3, 129 entrants
    I mentioned previously that two Brits were in the last 32, Jason McConnon and Charile Carrel. Well, they had to play each other, with young Charlie winning the match. He then won his last 16 and quarter final matches before losing to Spaniard Adri
    án Mateos.

Mateos went on to beat John Smith in the final, and the 22-year old has become the youngest player ever to have won 3 bracelets.

At the other end of the age range, Smith is 70, an ex-Army vet who received a Purple Heart and finished as runner-up in the event for the second successive year.

Mateos won $336K, Smith $208K and Carrel (and other defeated semi-finalist Ryan Reiss) $125K

Event 16 - $1500 NLH 6-max, Day 2 of 3, 1748 entrants
    So, to events still up for grabs.

Twenty one players enter the final day competing for the first prize of $393K, with all of them picking up at least 10x their entry fee.

Demosthenes Kiriopoulos (yes I did cut & paste that) from Canada is the chip leader, ahead of two Americans Anthony Marquez and Shivan Abdine. Ismael Bojang is perhaps the best known of the 21.

Last Brit standing was Toby Lewis (38th, $8187), Sam Grafton was 150th for a little under $2500 and Stefan Fabian was the very first player out in the cash (263rd, $2247)

Event 17 - $10K Dealers Choice 6-Max Championship, Day 2 of 3, 102 entrants
    Ten remain, with the leader being the 2010 ME runner-up, John Racener. He has no yet improved on that 2nd place finish, despite making several Final Tables.

Chris Klodnick is his nearest challenger, ahead of Dennis Eichhorn (who I am contractually obliged to note every time he comes up has a rare double-H in his name) is third.

Mike "The Mouth" Matusow won his first bracelet in the last century (1999) and has won his four in four different disciplines so is well-suited to this sort of event but he has made Day 3 with a small-ish stack.

No Brits, in fact not one player from these shores even made Day 2.

Event 18 - $565 PLO, Day 1 of 2, unlimited re-entry (2 starting flights), 3186 entries
    Numbers up on last year, mainly due to having a second starting flight, but is now firmly rooted as the biggest live PLO tournament in the world.

107 players have made it through to day 2 with two GB players inside the top 10 - Adam Owen and Darren Taylor (3rd & 6th)

Cody Slaubaugh and Hassan Tahsildar are the two players ahead of Owen with some of the other player left Rep Porter, Jason Mercier, JC Tran, Erick Lindgren and Chris Ferguson, plus one more blast-from-the-past from the UK, Joe Beevers.

Event 19 - $365 The Giant NLH, unlimited re-entry, first of weekly Day 1s, restart on 8th July. Other Day 1s, 16th/23rd/30th June/7th July
    A new innovation, an event that has several Day 1s, not running on consecutive days, but one per week.

1629 played the first one, with 124 of them making Day 2.

Jeffrey Brin, Timothy Miles and Richard Alsup complete an all-American Top 3 of who I have nothing much to say.

We do have one Brit through, Duncan Hutchison, along with Event 11 runner-up Bernard Lee and veteran Barry Greenstein.

According to the WSOP we also have two players through from the British South Atlantic territory of South Georgia, but I'd bet my entire bankroll on that being a mistake unless penguins have learned to play poker.

To Start Today
    Event 20 - $1500 Millionaire Maker, NLH, 5 Day Event (including 2 Day 1s)
    Event 21 - $1500 Eight Game Mix 6-Max, 3 Day Event
  • edited June 2017

"....According to the WSOP we also have two players through from the British South Atlantic territory of South Georgia, but I'd bet my entire bankroll on that being a mistake unless penguins have learned to play poker....."

Too good Barny, too good.