You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The things we see in the table chat boxes....

edited May 2017 in Poker Chat

I'm always amused - & often bemused - by some of the things that get typed in the chat box.

Think my favourite is this beaut. 

Typical Sky

Of course, those who play on other sites know it's the same there too  - typical Ladbrokes/'Stars/888 etc.

The main thing is to blame someone else because we lost, or got outdrawn, it seems. 

Comments

• edited February 2017
  • edited February 2017

Love this one, too.

???

Never a single question mark, always 2 or 3. Try as I may, I still don't know what 3 question marks means - or 4, or 5. Is 5 a bigger question than 4?

It was a long time ago that I was at school, so maybe I forgot, but I'm pretty sure that in our English language lessons  they never mentioned multiple, repeated punctuation.

It makes as much sense as, say, using 5 commas,,,,,, 
  • edited February 2017

Really

I assume it should end with a question mark, but it never does.
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: The things we see in the table chat boxes....:
    Love this one, too. ??? Never a single question mark, always 2 or 3. Try as I may, I still don't know what 3 question marks means - or 4, or 5. Is 5 a bigger question than 4? It was a long time ago that I was at school, so maybe I forgot, but I'm pretty sure that in our English language lessons  they never mentioned multiple, repeated punctuation.   It makes as much sense as, say, using 5 commas,,,,,, 
    Posted by Tikay10

Agreed!!! ;)

• edited February 2017
    What you still doing up?

I've no doubt you'll be posting again before 6am.
  • edited February 2017
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Is that the right number of Zs? I just ask them if their z key is stuck.
  • edited February 2017
    What you still doing up? I've no doubt you'll be posting again before 6am.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    ^^^^

Late nights these days, since I have ventured across to The Dark Side. Meet some right characters over there.

I have to say, I was greatly amused by what you typed in the chat box last night about Las Vegas.

Wurzil had asked if Sky Poker would be sending me to Las Vegas this year, & I said "I don't know yet". 

He said;

"They HAVE to send you. If they don't send you, who else is going to insult all the players?"

• edited February 2017
    Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Is that the right number of Zs? I just ask them if their z key is stuck.
    Posted by FCHD

Did you ever see a less original thing to type in a chat box than that?

I always assume that they are new to poker when they type that.

I think it might be typed by hen-pecked husbands, as it is their only chance in life to (try to) yield some authority.
  • edited February 2017
    I was recently told "I hope you get hit buy a bus" I explained to him that I did indeed live near some very dangerous bus routes
  • edited February 2017
    this one gets me every time

rigged always the river
  • edited February 2017
    Was playing Friday night and the guy to my left min raised or min 3-bet almost every hand and bet every street. He put in the chat box after a while, 'this is the tightest I've played for a while, my fold % is 2% tonight, it's usually 1%'. He wasn't folding anything pre-flop, so everyone just started shoving on him and he was outdrawing them all, think he had took 15 heads, had a 15K chip lead and still managed to bust about 10 before the bubble.

He was having great fun, had to stick up for him a couple of times as some people didn't find it that amusing. He said at the end 'can you tell I am a drunk builder'.
  • edited February 2017
    When I have my number 1 fan at the table he enjoys telling everyone at the table how I only play premiums, funny part is he probably has no idea how much he helps me in doing that,I never used to respond to him now I just reach for the popcorn ask if he is rich sit back and enjoy the fireworks,me I think he is just bitter about 1973 as I'm from sunderland,tbh I'm not sure how he isn't chat banned as when he isn't advising people how I play he is abusing every other player at the table,
    It just makes me think what's happening in there lives that is so bad that they feel the need to abuse people at a £1dym
    Yfired
  • edited February 2017
    '*****ing bingo!' - Usually typed by players blinding out to your shortstack shoves
    'Big stack always wins' - When losing a standard flip
    '****ing rivered' - when the overcard hits on the rover of a standard flip
    'Thats why your a 2k loser' - when a marginal winning player loses a hand to some poor bloke who doesnt even know about sharkscope
  • edited February 2017

Some good ones there, keep them coming.
  • edited February 2017
    "typical sky f*cking fixed" had that last night when he loses a flip then there he is on the next table and out he goes a again after calling a pot pot all in v my aa2k with the might of 339k yup defo fixed nothing to do with the hands that you play.
  • edited February 2017
    I'll call next time
  • edited February 2017
  • edited February 2017
    In a tournament I was playing the other night one guy has AA and bets all 3 streets on the Ace high board. He gets called down by the opponent who has king high, no draw. After the hand the guy with king high types "there's always one donk". I assumed he was talking about himself until the other guy typed "who?", to which he replied "you".

Priceless.
  • edited February 2017
    I always report bad abuse, even if not aimed at me .. i did smile at :" Porridge muncher " .

when the chat gets about gambling i always warn " My wife says i gamble on the horses too much,
     if i dont stop she is leaving and taking the kids  "..........and their OFF !
  • edited February 2017
    I was recently told I was a bot, I started to question my very existence.
  • edited February 2017
    I been called some top ons. Manchester chav, run gd fish, handsome txxt, sky bot. i made one of them up no one will no which one :=). ps and many many more. 
  • edited February 2017
    The funniest thing I have seen at the tables, is when some unknown guy types:

MOTHERRRRRRR

dont know who he is or why he does it, but it makes me laugh

;)

• edited February 2017
    I been called some top ons. Manchester chav, run gd fish, handsome txxt, sky bot. i made one of them up no one will no which one :=). ps and many many more. 
    Posted by rspca12
    but they're all true.

• edited February 2017

MOTHERRRRRRRRRRRRR
  • edited February 2017
    I was playing in a satellite and one professional player who has appeared on Sky TV was knocking people out at an alarming rate another player told him to stop bullying the table he called him a "salad". To this day I don't know what a salad is but the player could'nt be to bright to complain about a player knocking to many people out of a satellite.
  • edited February 2017

One of the best things i saw recently was some abuse thrown at me for my play in a micro stakes dym. Am not even close to being a great player but almost felt it after this.

First of all i had raised in position with 64o and the player called oop with Q4o. Then paid me off when i had two pair to his weak one pair. He then berated me for raising with such a bad hand. And told me how bad i was. What made it even better was how he was very quickly out of the dym when he called a preflop raise oop with 72o
  • edited February 2017
    When players type '^^^^' in the chat box to express agreement with the the previous comment... Do 4 upward pointing arrows mean something different from 1 upward pointing arrow? ;-)
  • edited February 2017
    Regarding the 'fixed brigade', I seen someone lose 90% of their stack early in a DYM last night and make a statement inferring Sky was fixed. They then proceeded to win a long serious of flips with less than marginal hands and go from 100+ chips to 4800+ chips. There were of course no 'Oh I guess Sky isn't fixed then' comments...
  • edited February 2017
    When players type '^^^^' in the chat box to express agreement with the the previous comment... Do 4 upward pointing arrows mean something different from 1 upward pointing arrow? ;-)
    Posted by markycash
    ^ ha wp
  • edited February 2017
    I was recently told I was a bot, I started to question my very existence.
    Posted by SMARTGOAT

:(

An example of how silly throwaway chat-box comments can have serious real-life consequences.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE, PEOPLE!