You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The things we see in the table chat boxes....

124»

Comments

• edited February 2017

^

Ha, excellent.
  • edited February 2017
  • edited February 2017
    spartasc is the best for fun at the table  (esp fridays when he drunk) not a bad bone in im but need to know him to understand his chat

btw his keyboard is usually broken (spills a lot )
  • edited February 2017
    spartasc is the best for fun at the table  (esp fridays when he drunk) not a bad bone in im but need to know him to understand his chat

btw his keyboard is usually broken (spills a lot )
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: The things we see in the table chat boxes....:
    spartasc is the best for fun at the table  (esp fridays when he drunk) not a bad bone in im but need to know him to understand his chat btw his keyboard is usually broken (spills a lot )
    Posted by CATCH-22

Yes totally harmless, this was 8:30 in the morning too.

Also, when he mentioned smelly feet, I knew someone on another site that ranted about smelly feet, I wonder if they are the same.
  • edited February 2017
    This evening might top the worst chat i've witnessed on a final table. 

Player 1 limps in early position, and player 2 a short stack rightfully shoves with AJ. The initial raiser writes in chatbox "HMMMMMMMMMM"...before calling with Aces.

So player 2 (who was very friendly and jovial thoughout) rightfully feels offended and writes something like "Theres no need for that mate, just call with aces before writing hmmmm".

Player 2's reasoning was "He had busted 3 times this evening with aces..."

I didnt say anything until I get aces myself and lose an allin. He then says something like " those damn aces eh *winky face".

In the heat of the moment I couldnt stop myself replying " Yeah I should have been a *c-u-next tuesday about it and wrote hmmm first in the chat box". 

• edited February 2017
    This evening might top the worst chat i've witnessed on a final table.  Player 1 limps in early position, and player 2 a short stack rightfully shoves with AJ. The initial raiser writes in chatbox "HMMMMMMMMMM"...before calling with Aces. So player 2 (who was very friendly and jovial thoughout) rightfully feels offended and writes something like "Theres no need for that mate, just call with aces before writing hmmmm". Player 2's reasoning was "He had busted 3 times this evening with aces..." I didnt say anything until I get aces myself and lose an allin. He then says something like " those damn aces eh *winky face". In the heat of the moment I couldnt stop myself replying " Yeah I should have been a *c-u-next tuesday about it and wrote hmmm first in the chat box". 
    Posted by devil_tear
    Don't you just loathe these despicable, mean-spirited sorts? If it were done to them, they'd squeal like a pig.

More generally, when it is on someone to act, it can grate a little when they decide to type some chat first.

I ran into a thoroughly nasty piece of work on the NLH tables yesterday who had a new version of a slowroll. I was a bit short of chips & had jammed with not much, & he (male with a female alias) types "GL TK, I have Kings". He then let the clock time down to the very last second before calling with his Kings.

I guess this is how these pathetic little people get their kicks.   

• edited February 2017

On Saturday evening, & as many of those who shared tables with me will have noticed, I was trolled the whole evening by one player. Never played, just trolled. On a Saturday evening.

Good player - got a spinning Sharky gold star & everything (based on "count" a few years ago)  - but has barely played here since October, apart from a few games last Thursday.

I've never shared tables with him, met him, or had any sort of bad blood. He used to troll the PLO8 Tables generally from time to time, but not of late.

It was not deeply offensive stuff, just trolling. "Who has hacked tikay1's account, he is multi-tabling & he can't multi-table?". 

And he followed me, with the same message, from table to table.

And here's the thing which most interested me. What a way to spend Saturday evening - spend the whole evening trolling players in the chat box. Never played a single game - has not played since last Thursday - but all Saturday night was spent trolling.

How sad is that?

I was tempted to suggest he go read a good book, or watch Crackerjack on TV, but I make a rule never to respond to these trolls.

Sad, isn't it? 

• edited February 2017
    Crackerjack might just of been the best children's TV ever except maybee the banana splits SIZE OF AN ELEPHANT and can anybody remember the magic words in the Arabian nights ��
  • edited February 2017
    Crackerjack might just of been the best children's TV ever except maybee the banana splits SIZE OF AN ELEPHANT and can anybody remember the magic words in the Arabian nights ��
    Posted by weecheez1
    Open sesame

Do I win a Crackerjack pen & pencil set?
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: The things we see in the table chat boxes.... : Open sesame Do I win a Crackerjack pen & pencil set?
    Posted by Tikay10
    NO
    But you can crush a grape
  • edited February 2017
    Mclean?
    Yes she had a bath this morning
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: The things we see in the table chat boxes.... : Open sesame Do I win a Crackerjack pen & pencil set?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sorry wrong answer cabbage for you lol
  • edited February 2017
    I had one a couple of weeks back that I was truely shocked at.

I usually ignore the abuse or abusers unless I can think of a witty remark even then it's rare that I will reply

(at my age (60) I have all on just concentrating on the game - without being sidetracked with 'banter'

But this horrible man was using racial abuse at anyone with a certain avitar.

It was continuous and nasty for about an hour.

Anyone telling him to shut up and such was obviously attacked as well.

I am not one for 'snitching' and the abuse was not at me but after the game I reported him.

You are told when you report things like this that you will not be informed of the outcome

But I see (by doing player search) he is still here.
  • edited February 2017
    I had one a couple of weeks back that I was truely shocked at. I usually ignore the abuse or abusers unless I can think of a witty remark even then it's rare that I will reply (at my age (60) I have all on just concentrating on the game - without being sidetracked with 'banter' But this horrible man was using racial abuse at anyone with a certain avitar. It was continuous and nasty for about an hour. Anyone telling him to shut up and such was obviously attacked as well. I am not one for 'snitching' and the abuse was not at me but after the game I reported him. You are told when you report things like this that you will not be informed of the outcome But I see (by doing player search) he is still here.
    Posted by Goody_Ace
    I think the usual approach is a chat-ban rather than having their account closed.
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: The things we see in the table chat boxes.... : Sorry wrong answer cabbage for you lol
    Posted by weecheez1
    Just had a word with ali bongo and I may have to give you the prize I thought the password was ROZAN KOBAR but I can't find it on Wikipedia 
  • edited February 2017
    Xxxx : I like putting boiled eggs up my bum
    Frascati: why?

Strange
  • edited February 2017
    Xxxx : I like putting boiled eggs up my bum Frascati: why? Strange
    Posted by frascati
    I'm sure Jac35 appreciates you blanking out his name... :-)

• edited February 2017
    Xxxx : I like putting boiled eggs up my bum Frascati: why? Strange
    Posted by frascati
    I thought that was just me
  • edited February 2017
    Ill sometimes say I've blocked an abuser, and let the table know..(Even though I haven't actually).

I'll then ask the table if he's talking about me....

I recommend quail eggs for newbs.
  • edited February 2017
    OSTRICH EGGS FOR YOUR MORE EXPERIENCED PARTICIPANT.
    All the best.
    Rainman215.
  • edited February 2017

AndyMitch,

Thanks for mentioning that matter.

I've had to remove it from the Forum - not nice reading, is it? - but I've sent it directly to the right man in Leeds to do as he sees fit.
  • edited February 2017
    Got called a ''dire regular'' tonight, which is obviously rather truthful, but by a guy who has scammed people in the past.

As tempting as it was, I didn't mention said players previous indiscretions to the rest of the table :)
  • edited February 2017
    AndyMitch, Thanks for mentioning that matter. I've had to remove it from the Forum - not nice reading, is it? - but I've sent it directly to the right man in Leeds to do as he sees fit.
    Posted by Tikay10
    No problem - apologies if it broke forum protocol :)
  • edited February 2017
    I had one a couple of weeks back that I was truely shocked at. I usually ignore the abuse or abusers unless I can think of a witty remark even then it's rare that I will reply (at my age (60) I have all on just concentrating on the game - without being sidetracked with 'banter' But this horrible man was using racial abuse at anyone with a certain avitar. It was continuous and nasty for about an hour. Anyone telling him to shut up and such was obviously attacked as well. I am not one for 'snitching' and the abuse was not at me but after the game I reported him. You are told when you report things like this that you will not be informed of the outcome But I see (by doing player search) he is still here.
    Posted by Goody_Ace

I hate (and this is a word i loathe to use) any type of abuse on the tables. Banter between the regs fine but sometimes even that can go a bit too far lol Bit down and out racial slurs and horrible stuff I wont stand for. Good job I wasnt on the rail thats all I can say. 

• edited February 2017
    Got called a ''dire regular'' tonight, which is obviously rather truthful, but by a guy who has scammed people in the past. As tempting as it was, I didn't mention said players previous indiscretions to the rest of the table :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    You did didnt you.
  • edited February 2017
    on the ft in the cheepy
    xxxczzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    expected really :)

• edited May 2017
    Skyndalous was a new 1 for me today.
  • edited May 2017
    not sure if this is already on thread but i just got a few which i rather enjoyed.

have you just topped up?

have i rigged the technolagy

wow what is happening

im going to #### you up

there was more so i reported 

oh and he posts on here