You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The things we see in the table chat boxes....

Comments

• edited February 2017
    I had some old fella abusing me about my career choice.  Expect he had to do something to keep him busy as he wasn't playing any hands.

Felt a bit like being savaged by a dead sheep.

PS Can anyone enlighten me on how that PL08 game works?  I asked the fella mentioned above, but he didn't have much to add.
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: The things we see in the table chat boxes....:
    I had some old fella abusing me about my career choice.  Expect he had to do something to keep him busy as he wasn't playing any hands. Felt a bit like being savaged by a dead sheep. PS Can anyone enlighten me on how that PL08 game works?  I asked the fella mentioned above, but he didn't have much to add.
    Posted by mattprawn
    Don't get me started. Wouldn't have happened if I was around ;)
  • edited February 2017
    Apparently I work for Sky Poker and i'm a bot. Still not worked that one out yet. But was fun winding them up and letting them go :D
  • edited February 2017
    When players type '^^^^' in the chat box to express agreement with the the previous comment... Do 4 upward pointing arrows mean something different from 1 upward pointing arrow? ;-)
    Posted by markycash
    The first time I saw this posted I thought it was someone trying to show surprise by typing two raised eyebrows and that he was very surprised so typed four raised eyebrows, much like typing multiple exclamation marks increases their effect. It was only when I realised that he often seemed to be surprised that the actual meaning dawned on me.  
  • edited February 2017
    Well played (when it clearly wasn't well played)
  • edited February 2017
    "HELP,  I've been dealt 4 cards, anyone else got 4?"

That was me 3/4 years ago.  There was a few on table thot I was joking but I wasn't.

I'd regged for a PLO8 DYM  by mistake. A current reg (who will remain nameless) helped me out.

He uses the fold button....A LOT!  oops!

• edited February 2017
    I have to say I do have a moan now and again. It's very, very rarely aimed at other players (although I will fight my corner when provoked or abused first) but I do blame Sky for everything, after all if I get my money in good and get outdrawn it's obviously Sky's fault isn't it? Sky shuffled the pack and dealt the cards didn't they?

'Come on Sky give me a break'
    'soooooo predictable' (the more o's the better)
    'typical, hand's up who didn't see that coming'

are favorites of mine.  
  • edited February 2017
    Ironically I am much more controlled at PLO8 as I expect to be outdrawn every hand!
  • edited February 2017
    Apparently I work for Sky Poker and i'm a bot. Still not worked that one out yet. But was fun winding them up and letting them go :D
    Posted by Darkangel7

Oh definitely just agree with everything and admit to being a bot / receiving benefits. Wind the simpletons up more.

• edited February 2017
    Then there is the  "you would say that if you were a bot" follow up - no matter what is said.
  • edited February 2017
    Then there is the  "you would say that if you were a bot" follow up - no matter what is said.
    Posted by Phantom66
    I'd just wait for the next 5 min break then type "I'll be back"
  • edited February 2017
    ''I've found my 6th finger, its at the end of my knuckle'' is a particular highlight from my 5 years or so on Sky.
  • edited February 2017

what did you have ?
  • edited February 2017

obvious bluff.....( can never understand this one just after they have folded ?
  • edited February 2017
    I had a good one not long back and it wasnt really intended but I made him tilt

I'm not going to name names but his name was the initials of a footbal team with something like 'forever or rules etc'

And my team had just beaten his team, so I said something like 'they didn't rule today did they'

He didn't answer but went all in pre flop. I was sat with AA so of course I followed.

He was knocked out with 10 7 and abused me for a while in grey words. :)
  • edited February 2017
    Abuse at the Tables is informal flattery.
  • edited February 2017
    Abuse at the Tables is informal flattery.
    Posted by goldon

I'll try and remember that the next time some idiot says to me or someone else at the table that they hope my/their family die in a house fire or get cancer. 

I will always report that level of abuse whether or not I am the target of it.

• edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: The things we see in the table chat boxes.... : I'll try and remember that the next time some idiot says to me or someone else at the table that they hope my/their family die in a house fire or get cancer.  I will always report that level of abuse whether or not I am the target of it.
    Posted by Phantom66
    And so you should.
  • edited February 2017

4 handed in a DYM last night, & after an accident with AK v KK I'm left with exactly 2 Bigs at 200-400, & I'm UTG.

We don't really have much choice here, I need to shove (if 2 bigs can be deemed a shove) this hand with any 2.

Shame my any two were a 2 & a 3.

All 3 players call, we see the floptastic A-4-5 & BOOMIO, I quadruple up.

Matey Boy now types....

You jammed with 2-3....what?????????????

I'm not much of a fan of schadenfreude, but I did enjoy busting Mr What??????? next hand.

• edited February 2017
    4 handed in a DYM last night, & after an accident with AK v KK I'm left with exactly 2 Bigs at 200-400, & I'm UTG. We don't really have much choice here, I need to shove (if 2 bigs can be deemed a shove) this hand with any 2.   Shame my any two were a 2 & a 3. All 3 players call, we see the floptastic A-4-5 & BOOMIO, I quadruple up. Matey Boy now types.... You jammed with 2-3....what????????????? I'm not much of a fan of schadenfreude, but I did enjoy busting Mr What??????? next hand.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yeah sorry about that
    I was tilting 
  • edited February 2017
    4 handed in a DYM last night, & after an accident with AK v KK I'm left with exactly 2 Bigs at 200-400, & I'm UTG. We don't really have much choice here, I need to shove (if 2 bigs can be deemed a shove) this hand with any 2.   Shame my any two were a 2 & a 3. All 3 players call, we see the floptastic A-4-5 & BOOMIO, I quadruple up. Matey Boy now types.... You jammed with 2-3....what????????????? I'm not much of a fan of schadenfreude, but I did enjoy busting Mr What??????? next hand.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Not my kind of thread this one but since I'm here, I believe that in that particular situation described above, you should be folding.
  • edited February 2017
    Posted by Tikay10
    What annoyed you most, the criticism of your play or the blatant overuse of question marks?
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: The things we see in the table chat boxes.... : I'll try and remember that the next time some idiot says to me or someone else at the table that they hope my/their family die in a house fire or get cancer.  I will always report that level of abuse whether or not I am the target of it.
    Posted by Phantom66
    Chat Box abuser's are like Pop up's  very annoying  if you get rid of one ... another pop's up.
  • edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: The things we see in the table chat boxes.... : Chat Box abuser's are like Pop up's  very annoying  if you get rid of one ... another pop's up.
    Posted by goldon

You actually sit a sky  poker tables ? 

I genuinely thought you were a paid Sky standup .

• edited February 2017
    "Are you the real Tikay off the telly?"
  • edited February 2017
    Just had this in the birthday freeroll...Didnt get an answer to my last question.

Phantom66 has won 3,430 chips with Full House, 9s and 5s 9c9s9d5c5h
    xxxxxxxxxjoke sky
     xxxxxxxxx has finished
      xxxxxxxxxohh the 9 again
     xxxxxxxxxwhy i play freeroll now as their so called random cards are hollocks
    Phantom66what would non random cards look like?

• edited February 2017
    In Response to Re: The things we see in the table chat boxes.... : You actually sit a sky  poker tables ?  I genuinely thought you were a  paid Sky standup .
    Posted by mumsie
    Yes,  Mum I play low DYMs been on Sky off & on since 2009 put my money in and pay my way. To keep me from going broke and suffering tilt ..... I get rid of my frustrations in the rail.  player's can participate or criticise either way I'm Happy...........  What Floats your Boat.?
  • edited February 2017
    'Are you the famous Tikay?"

• edited February 2017
    ^^ then even better was.....

tikay1Our meeting was sweet but brief......
    mightyaxethanks, read your sng guide on the forum, great help

After cracking Tikays aces with QJ 2 pair, subtle rubz ftw  :-)
  • edited February 2017

He seemed a really lovely chap, very warm & friendly.

The very first hand I end up 6 betting with Aces & his Q-J got there.

I wished him good luck - through gritted teeth - then he said he was grateful as he learned how to play from reading my Blogs.

Marv.

Not convinced I ever suggested calling with Q-J in a 6 bet pot, but maybe he confused me with MattBates or Solack. Proper Solack play, that.