You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

** JACKPOT SYNDICATE ** NAPS THREAD ** MKGUNNER WINS INAUGRAL MONTHLY TITLE AFTER EPIC BATTLE WITH P

Comments

• edited May 2017
    anybody know the Jackpot meet for tomoz for the nap
  • edited May 2017
    In Response to Re: Jackpot Syndicate Naps Table. League Tables now available.:
    anybody know the Jackpot meet for tomoz for the nap
    Posted by vaigret
    not seen anything as yet
  • edited May 2017
    Jackpot is at WEtherby tomorrow
  • edited May 2017
    WETHERBY 4.30 NEWT
  • edited May 2017
    WETHERBY 4.30 NEWT
    Posted by wynne1938
    what site u find that out wayne?
  • edited May 2017
    I went on live chat on the totesport site where I have an account.
    They ask you for all your details as a customer and any security questions set up,then they talk to you.
    I asked the question"Is there any where we could find out the night before and they said,such information is only relesed in the morning.
  • edited May 2017
    I went on live chat on the totesport site where I have an account. They ask you for all your details as a customer and any security questions set up,then they talk to you. I asked the question"Is there any where we could find out the night before and they said,such information is only relesed in the morning.
    Posted by wynne1938
    ok cheers wayne,i know sometimes comes out early on totepool twitter page.
  • edited May 2017
    One nap needed from first 6 races

SYNDICATE NAP SELECTIONS AND RESULTS FOR MONDAY  15TH 2017
    AT WETHERBY:

1) JORDZ16

2) MAXALLY:

3) MICKYBLUE:

4) MISTY4ME

1.50: ALWAHSH

5) MKGUNNER:

6) PHANTOM66:

3.25: DUTCH ARTIST

7) SNUFFER:

3.25: ZODIAKOS

8) STAYORGO:

9) VAIGRET:

2.50 LYDIAS PLACE

10) WYNNE1938:

4.30 NEWT

11) ZADOC:

• edited May 2017
    Just posted this on another thread, but it's more relevant to this one. Cut and Paste below:

Vaigret suggested people adding the reasons behind their selections, to give it more weight/substance and at this stage I am OK if you want to do that, and equally OK if you don't.

It could have some short-term benefit however as we get through more and more volume, my thoughts on it are below:

I believe in results over rhetoric, as that is tangible and undeniable, but clearly we need way more volume before it's meaningful.

Think about poker. You always get people who think they know it all, and tell everyone how to play when they may be a losing player, where as, others may be understated, modest, quiet, less forthcoming etc. but are a long term winning player.

Who would you listen too? This is the same for me re my horse selectors.

Results (over an extended period of time), hold true, so people should use their considerable knowledge to strive to top the leader boards in my opinion.

The people that make the best judgement, based on their horse knowledge, should in-time turn that into NAP table/Remover Table success or else, how they are applying their knowledge, or their knowledge itself may be floored.

People on these threads clearly know a lot about horses, so this is not aimed at any individual, but knowledge needs to equal results over time or the knowledge is misplaced.

I will pay particular attention to the tables relating to GO-LIVE scenarios (Removers and NAP's), but still do add comments, however past results will take sway over comments as time progresses and we have more volume to go on.

Granted, the leader boards are meaningless at the moment, as there is no volume to go on. So comments may help.

So a note to all. You want me to stand up and take note when you place your picks, do well in the league tables. Especially the live ones.

Simples :=)

G

P.S. I am also absolutely fine with people making selections for a bit of fun too, it's my job to assess your form more than the horses in a way, and to make the appropriate choices. So input from serious and recreational punters alike, is all good.

P.P.S. Please note this is not aimed at any individual, it's just a statement that I believe results are the true judge over time. Others are probably the same as me, in as much as, I go to much more effort in my form analysis for the GO-LIVE days, so it's significant to have a separate table for live.
  • edited May 2017
  • edited May 2017
    Good points above Graham.

I am a self confessed recreational punter and my philosophy is to look for value bets and usually ew especially with EPRs.

I would expect to do ok on that basis over a long period as horses priced at 8/1 to 16/1 will have better value than short priced favourites. I would also expect to have very swingy short term results.

I dont expect to do so well on live days as picking 3 races out of 6 and looking for likely winners instead of value is alien to me.

I am in the nap league for fun and to learn. Having the results tracked and measured with other recs and serious punters and seeing what sort of selections the winning punters back can only help me improve.

I self exclude from removals as that process is very difficult and totally alien to me. I am also not in the syndicate.

So back to the naps league I am already caveating my input with the tag novice recreational. For live days feel free to ignore me. If my results on live days dont improve then your method of excluding on performance will count me out anyway!

PS wp Mkgunner for week 1 success.

• edited May 2017
  • edited May 2017
    mY nAP, already entered in the template above today is

Lydia's Place.

Won last time out over 5f and although gone up 3lb she is still well weighted on good 2 year old form. Rae Guest also a notable trainer of Fillies.
  • edited May 2017

• edited May 2017
    Hi Graham

Thanks for considering my post on the other thread and note your post above.

I like horses study the form but am no super punter in fact I have a tendency of my favourite horses and this lets me down when I cant let go of them, see my Four Candles Ratings thread. . So with me if you see I keep picking the same horses take it with a pinch of salt. With the naps I am likely to be more suspect than if I contribute to the Removers as I look for value and am more likely to hit a bigger winner every so often rather than have a nice run of winners. The second scenario is probably a better line for you as you want consistency rather than ten losers one winner. Also you want the people who have the knack to  select the right horse for their nap(s). The number of times in my ratings I pick winners as my "other fancies" and don't put them in my main tips. 

Whatever the scenario, information is key and the more we have the better we will be . You have the difficult job of
  • edited May 2017

One nap needed from first 6 races

SYNDICATE NAP SELECTIONS AND RESULTS FOR MONDAY  15TH 2017 
    AT WETHERBY: 

1) JORDZ16

2) MAXALLY:

2.50: APPLEBERRY

3) MICKYBLUE:

2.50: LUCKY BEGGAR (11/4 WINNER)

4) MISTY4ME

1.50: ALWAHSH

5) MKGUNNER:

4.00: MAKE ON MADAM

6) PHANTOM66:

7) SNUFFER:

8) STAYORGO:

2.20: BENJAMIN THOMAS   3rd (placed)

9) VAIGRET:

2.50: LYDIAS PLACE N/R

10) WYNNE1938:

4.30: NEWT

11) ZADOC:

2.50: TYLERY WONDER 2ND (placed)
  • edited May 2017
    One nap needed from first 6 races SYNDICATE NAP SELECTIONS AND RESULTS FOR MONDAY  15TH 2017  AT WETHERBY:  1) JORDZ16 2) MAXALLY: 3) MICKYBLUE: 2:50 LUCKY BEGGAR 4) MISTY4ME 1.50: ALWAHSH 5) MKGUNNER: 6) PHANTOM66: 7) SNUFFER: 3.25: ZODIAKOS 8) STAYORGO: 9) VAIGRET: 2.50 LYDIAS PLACE  10) WYNNE1938:  4.30 NEWT 11) ZADOC:
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    Mr V has already started on previous page Micky.
  • edited May 2017
    Regarding my previous posts.

The NAP's and REMOVAL tables are mainly a way for people to have fun and also be involved with the process, so don't worry if you feel you are not knowledgeable enough etc, it's all about the enjoyment of participating imo.

(My last post was explaining how may use the tables in the future, but I do want to re-emphasise that it should also be a fun thing to, and a way for people to have their say with the choices picked)

Of course it has the ancillary benefit for me of working out who our top NAP's people and REMOVER people are.

But SO much more volume is needed before it is of use in that regard.

So if you want to, please do enjoy both league tables, syndicate member or not.

Cheers,

G

P.S. Anyone who manages to show any profit whatsoever in the NAP's league is doing pretty good, especially as it is based on SP only, and in reality "Best Odds Guaranteed" would mean their profit would likely be more. (SP usually has a betting percentage of at least 20%)
  • edited May 2017
    quite happy for Micky to do today
  • edited May 2017
    we can both do it mate you have done a terrific job. prob no more selections now anyway
    apolagy for jumping in.
  • edited May 2017
    2.20: BENJAMIN THOMAS
  • edited May 2017
    OK MATE THERE IS ONE ABOVE
  • edited May 2017
    iLL LEAVE IT TO YOU TODAY mICKY
  • edited May 2017
    4.00 : MAKE ON MADAM
  • edited May 2017

2.50 - Appleberry
  • edited May 2017

Vaigret....you will prob spot it in time, but Lydias place is now a NR.
  • edited May 2017

NAPS WETHERBY 15 MAY

2:50    TYLERY WONDER
  • edited May 2017
  • edited May 2017
    Micky, mistake on your selection list. Maxally selection given to mkgunner and mkgunner selection is missing.
  • edited May 2017
    One nap needed from first 6 races SYNDICATE NAP SELECTIONS AND RESULTS FOR MONDAY  15TH 2017  AT WETHERBY:  1) JORDZ16 3.25 Zodiakos 2) MAXALLY: 3) MICKYBLUE: 2:50 LUCKY BEGGAR 4) MISTY4ME 1.50: ALWAHSH 5) MKGUNNER: 2.50 - Appleberry 6) PHANTOM66: 3:25 DUTCH ARTIST 7) SNUFFER: 3.25: ZODIAKOS 8) STAYORGO: 2.20: BENJAMIN THOMAS 9) VAIGRET: 2.50 LYDIAS PLACE  10) WYNNE1938:  4.30 NEWT 11) ZADOC: 2:50    TYLERY WONDER
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    OK, I say this in jest. But for the eagle eyed amongst you, how many people have written their selection in the correct format once pasted into Micky's list above, and who are they?

Hint, mine is correct.

It's like spot the difference. :=)

G