You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cheltenham - Mad Previews

edited March 2010 in The Shed
SUPREME NOVICE

110 Getmeoutofhere
104 Dunguib
102 Manyriverstocross
96 Puyol
95 Rite Of Passage
93 Menorah
92 Salden Licht
90 Pepe Simo
89 Peddlers Cross
88 Flat Out
87 Oscar Wiskey
83 Bellvano
83 General Miller
78 Dan Breen
75 Ghizao
72 Loosen My Load
68 Blackstairmountain
65 Notus De La Tour
64 Morning Supreme

BETTING

Dunguib (4/5) , Get Me Out Of Here (8) , Blackstairmountain (12) , Menorah (12) , Oscar Whisky (12) , Rite Of Passage (14) , Bellvano (20) , Flat Out (25) , Peddlers Cross (25) , Dan Breen (33) , General Miller (33) , Loosen My Load (33) , Morning Supreme (33) , Pepe Simo (33) , Ghizao (40) , Manyriverstocross (40) , Notus De La Tour (50) , Puyol (50) , Salden Licht (50)

VERDICT

The Irish superstar Dunguib is expected to get the show underway in scintillating fashion, not having to be extended in Ireland during the season yet putting up some impressive times but at 4/5 he is worth opposing especially with Jonjo O’Neill’s unbeaten Get Me Out Of Here who should not be taken lightly after his exploits at Newbury and has seriously worked his way into the equation although if the ground became too testing he would be up against it.

Tom Segal’s Blackstairmountain being supported into freakishly short odds with no serious evidence to suggest he can land this, Rite of Passage looks like going for the Neptune and Puyol who will go for the County Hurdle which leaves us with Manyriverstocross who is a staggering 40-1 with most firms, Alan King fancies this horse a lot who has strong experience on the flat and has transferred over to hurdles very well picking up a Group 2 Noivce. Running here will mean taking on Get Me Out Of Here again which Alan King may refuse that task and understudy theres nothing to suggest he should over turn the form although there looks like a few dropping out of the race and he ran well behind him at Newbury, Cheltenham does spring a surprise and he’s more than capable of running into the places or hopefully captialisng on errors to win which would be profitable at 40-1.

BETS

Manyriverstocross 40-1 EW
Getmeoutofhere 8-1 EW

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Yesss great thread - keep these coming matey - want a selection from every televised race over the whole week ;)
  • edited March 2010

think dunguib can only loose this race as its head and shoulders ahead of the rest but has occasionaly tried to demolish a few hurdles and at the pace the will be going at cheltenham that would put me of at odds on.
    get me out of here is value if you can get him at 8s but only seems to be avaliable at 6s at best but with the amount of irish money and betting shop double and trebbles which willgo on dunguib you might get your 8s on the day 
    for me a couple of 25/1 shots are worth an eachway poke general miller and pedlers cross
    nice post keep em cuming m8

• edited March 2010

Yea this Dunguib is a complete different class, ive been backing it ante post for a while now..Lets hope it gets the majority of the country off to a good start at cheltenham..People r saying the bookies will try and lay this so it mite go off 11/10 on the day..if it does that is a cracking bet..

And that peddlers cross runs in the neptune novice hurdle its around 8/1 looks another good e/w bet..

I think the irish will have at least 4 winners on the first day...them being Dunguib, Go Native, Captain Cee Bee & Garde Champetre...roll on next tuesday

• edited March 2010
    THE ARKLE

113 Somersby
    107 Captain Cee Bee
    103 Tataniano
    102 Shakervilz
    101 Riverside Theatre
    100 Osana
    96 Sizing Europe
    95 Kempes
    92 Long Run
    91 French Opera
    91 Woolcombe Folly
    91 Nicanor
    90 The Nightingale
    88 Bedlam Boy
    87 Mad Max
    87 Quiscover Fontaine
    86 Sports Line
    85 Uimhiraceathar
    63 Bergo

BETTING

Captain Cee Bee (10/3) , Somersby (11/2) , Sizing Europe (13/2) , Long Run (10) , Riverside Theatre (10) , Sports Line (10) , Tataniano (16) , Osana (20) , Bergo (33) , French Opera (33) , Shakervilz (33) , The Nightingale (33) , Woolcombe Folly (33) , Kangaroo Court (40) , Mad Max (40) , Bedlam Boy (50) , Kempes (50) , Nicanor (50) , Quiscover Fontaine (50) , Uimhiraceathair (50)

VERDICT

The stand out selection in this race would be Captain Cee Bee who was a winner of the Supreme Novice Hurdle in 2008, he broke a blood vessel in 2008 and came back off a 608 day layoff to win a decent handicap but hasn’t really been put to the sword although he’s subsequently fell despite going so easily which makes you want to ask a few questions, will he be up for a scintillating end to end gallop, will he want to finish up the hill? We know the abilities there but his mental fitness will be put to the test after recent experiences.

There is however an emergence of a talented Novice Chaser who put up an impressive performance at Sandown running 1.82 seconds faster than Twist Magic who was primed for the Tingle Creek in top condition and he is Somersby, the sky really is the limit in the chasing world for Somersby who is a real big and fine looking chaser who has the potential to win a Gold Cup one day and on evidence to date he’ll take some stopping in the Arkle. Those who liked to think outside the box at bigger prices you’ll have to be interested in the pair Tataniano and Shakervilz.

Tataniano has definite potential but people are very quick to write of his chances when comparing him to last year’s Tatenen, but prior to the emergence of Somersby he was very much in the forefront of my mind with an Ante Post bet still on his head given his fine run at Cheltenham running 2.11 seconds slower than the Connaught Chase carrying an extra 6lb than the winner Well Chief with Master Minded in behind, I am convinced he has a lot of potential although he relishes good ground or better and with that in mind he’ll be avoided if the ground turns out too testing.

The other horse on the equation has to be the Willie Mullins trained Shakervilz, now I have let this one slip my mind especially as there hasn’t been too much talk surrounding his chances and the betting shows that but when working through the ratings I think you really have to take consideration of his chances, the race at Leopardstown when earning his figure of 102 was run on good ground despite every form book mentioning heavy and he beat a well backed horse that day called Sorceror who subsequently finished 6l behind Captain Cee Bee on his return but Shakervilz has come out and beat Sorceror again by 15l in the Group 2 Novice at Navan which leaves us in the a precarious position although he may not be up to winning an Arkle the trainer stated this is his most likely route and he’s definitely a nice horse to keep on the right side off.

BETS

Somersby Win @ 11-2
    Tataniano EW @ 16-1
    Shakervilz EW @ 33-1
  • edited March 2010
    What site r u gettin these previews from madhorse they look good stuff...Any chance of gettin 1 up for the triumph hurdle..thanks
  • edited March 2010
    I write them myself,

Just putting together the final ratings for the Triumph Hurdle at the moment but won't start writing up untill the Arsenal game is over. Thanks for everyones kind comments.
  • edited March 2010
    Nice 1 mr madhorse..hope u have good things to say about Secant Star cause thats the 1 ive backed lol.
  • edited March 2010
    That somersby is  a class animal,and all being well,will take all the beating,me thinks..my banker bet..
  • edited March 2010
    CHAMPION BUMPER

89 Shot From The Hip
    89 Frawley
    88 Al Ferof
    88 Drumbaloo
    78 Day Of A Lifetime
    70 Bishopsfurze
    70 Hidden Universe
    70 Dunraven Storm
    70 Shannon Spirit
    69 Tavern Times
    67 Fishoutofwater
    67 Forty FootTom
    67 On His Own
    66 Jetson
    64 Elegant Concorde
    59 Up Ou That
    56 Mizzurka
    43 Cue Card

BETTING

Elegant Concorde (6) , Hidden Universe (8) , Day Of A Lifetime (9) , Al Ferof (10) , Drumbaloo (10) , Shot From The Hip (10) , Tavern Times (12) , Up Ou That (14) , Bishopsfurze (16) , Dare Me (25) , Dont Turn Bach (25) , Dunraven Storm (25) , Forty Foot Tom (25) , Frawley (25) , Lios A Choill (25) , Made In Time (25) , Megastar (25) , Old Mcdonald (25) , Royal Swain (25) , Shannon Spirit (25)

VERDICT

The Champion Bumper is always a tricky race to assess especially from a speed perspective as the ground in Ireland is dead and horses are taken care off when racing, not being thrashed around at a ridiculous pace but they all still have to run a time on the clock which can still give us important information as to who has the biggest potential. The Dermot Weld pair Elegant Concorde and Hidden Universe are both well touted in the market with the trainer unsure of who would run the best race probally the same position were in and I would rather a more confident and bold statement from such a well regarded trainer.

The winner looks most likely to come from the Eddie O’Grady stable in Shot From The Hip, this horse was an impressive winner at Leopardstown a few weekends back and has catapulted himself towards the top of the pecking order above Al Ferof and Drumbaloo who are both beneficiaries of Group wins yet you always have to take caution with such a big performance on the clock as you don’t want Shot From The Hip leaving a Cheltenham performance at Leopardstown although he done it with ease without having to be extended suggesting he has genuine class and with even more to come then he is going to be an extremely hard horses to beat on the day.

The race wouldn’t be right without a Willie Mullins runner going close considering his contingent of runners and I think his best hope would lie with Day Of A Lifetime who is open to any amount of improvement with a very promising run on debut but his price looks to be on the short side for me and Cheltenham after all is about trying to find value which is why you shouldn’t overlook John Kiely’s Frawley, even though he looks to be held by Elegant Concorde the 5yo gelding has experience on his side which is a massive plus in this type of race and has come out to record a solid time at Leopardstown last time out with the second coming out and hacking up of late, let’s not forget Frawley was 8l behind Quantitativeeasing on debut in a 24 runner field a Punchestown and that horse is a 137 rated hurdler now, it is also interesting to see Frawley has been kept to bumpers he looks a good shout at 25-1

BETS

Shot From The Hip EW @ 10-1
    Frawley EW @ 25-1
  • edited March 2010
    has Manyriverstocross pulled out as its been removed from sky bet???? good thread tho m8!!!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham - Mad Previews:
    has Manyriverstocross pulled out as its been removed from sky bet???? good thread tho m8!!!
    Posted by MICKYBLUE
    That Manyriverstocross runs in the neptune novice hurdle now its 25/1..Most of the horses are running scared of Dunguib cause its goina absolutley bolt in lol..
  • edited March 2010
    do u reckon its got good chance in neptune????Manyriverstocross that is,
  • edited March 2010

I dont think it has any chance..The favourite in the race Rite Of Passage will take alot of beating, but if u want a good e/w bet in the race then Peddlers Cross 8/1 looks the 1 to be on..

• edited March 2010
    Great info! I'm looking forward to more......er please!
  • edited March 2010
    I am releasing all races on Sunday/Monday morning in a .PDF file which will be easier.
  • edited March 2010
    Sorry for sounding dumb here, but I take it all these races are taking place throughout next week? The only time I ever bet on the horses is the national so I'm a complete novice to this.
  • edited March 2010
    Heres all my selections for cheltenham..Only 1 more day until the bookie bashing begins..I've included my win selections and e/w bets.

Tuesday

Supreme Novice..Dunguib 4/5 (only 1 selection needed here, this horse is a cert imo)

Arkle...Captain Cee Bee 3/1 (nap) - Sports Line 8/1 e/w

Will Hill Chase...The Package 11/2 - The Tother One 14/1 e/w

Champion Hurdle...Go Native 7/2 - Khyber Kim 8/1 e/w

Cross Country...Garde Champetre 9/4

Mares Hurdle...Voler la Vedette 13/8

Wednesday

Neptune Novice Hurdle...Rite Of Passage 10/3 - Peddlers Cross 8/1 e/w

RSA Chase...Long Run 2/1 - Diamond Harry 7/1 e/w

Champion Chase...Master Minded 5/6 (nap) ( If this horse jumps round it should win)

Coral Cup...Quantitativeasing 7/1 - Sir Harry Ormesher 16/1 e/w

Fred Winter...Sanctuaire 7/1 e/w

Champion Bumper...Drumbaloo 8/1 - Up Ou That 14/1 e/w

Thursday

Jewson...Hey Big Spender 10/1 e/w

Pertemps Final...Alfie Sherrin 7/2 - Fredo 14/1 e/w

Ryanair Chase...Tranquil Sea 4/1 (nap) - Jack The Giant 33/1 e/w

World Hurdle...Big Bucks 8/13 ( beaten its main rivals b4 no reason y it shouldn't again)

Bryne Handicap...Sunnyhillboy 8/1 e/w

Friday

Triumph Hurdle...Secant Star 9/1 e/w (nap)

Vincent O'Brein Hurdle...Qaspal 5/1- Tito Bustillo 8/1 e/w

Albert Bartlett...Tell Masini 9/2

Gold Cup...Kauto Star 4/6 (10 lengths +)

Foxhunter Chase...Baby Run 5/1

Martin Pipe Hurdle...Ashkazar 7/1 e/w

Grand Annual Chase...Tataniano 7/1 e/w

My best bet of the week although its odds on is Dunguib, This horse is an absolute machineeeee...It won the champion bumper at cheltenham last year by 10 lengths...All the experts reckon that this horse cant jump, But i still think it can hit every hurdle and still win...Just listen to the roar when this horse turns in for home crusing..

If the all the bankers of the festival (Dunguib, Master Minded, Big Bucks & Kauto Star) all win...Its said that its goina cost the bookies 50million in payout..Every year 1 of the so called bankers lose but i really think this could be the year when they all steam in..In a Acca i think it pays around 9/1..Good luck with your cheltenham bets people..

• edited March 2010
    EXCELLENT work moonooo, I will be truly shocked if you end up out of pocket this week m8. There are some nice looking bets there. I would gladly dance at your wedding moonoooo and I think legendary status awaits you on the threads. You should post a "moonooos placepot" (if you get the time) as well. Your e/w selections are sensible, so the bookies might get bummed this week!

EDIT (and MADHORSE)
  • edited March 2010
    So excited about the start of the festival tomorrow really cant wait, got some mates going but because of the kids i couldnt get there, will do one year tho.

For what its worth heres my tips for tomorrow and what ive had on them, please note all tips i post on here loose so dont back them.

13.30 - Get me out of here £5.00 win @ 5/1
    14.05 - Sizing Europe £5.00 win @ 5/1
    14.40 - Kicks for free £2.50ew @ 25/1
    15.20 - Kyber Kim £5.00 win @ 8/1
    16.00 - Garde Champetre £40.00 win @ 9/4
    16.40 - Voler la vadette £40.00 win @ 7/4

Banking on one of the last 2 to win to get my money back, should be a godo days racing, good luck to all who having a bet,
  • edited March 2010
    Heres all my selections for cheltenham..Only 1 more day until the bookie bashing begins..I've included my win selections and e/w bets. Tuesday Supreme Novice.. Dunguib 4/5 (only 1 selection needed here, this horse is a cert imo) Arkle... Captain Cee Bee 3/1 (nap) - Sports Line 8/1 e/w Will Hill Chase... The Package 11/2 - The Tother One 14/1 e/w Champion Hurdle... Go Native 7/2 - Khyber Kim 8/1 e/w Cross Country... Garde Champetre 9/4 Mares Hurdle... Voler la Vedette 13/8 
    Posted by moonooo
    Right, as I've already stated previously the only thing I know about horses is that they have 4 legs, so I've decided to go £1 each way on all of moonooo's Tuesday selections as an acca. I don't expect it to come in but what the h ell, it's all a bit of fun, eh?.

fwiw, all 6 return 16064/1!!!!!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham - Mad Previews : Right, as I've already stated previously the only thing I know about horses is that they have 4 legs, so I've decided to go £1 each way on all of moonooo's Tuesday selections as an acca. I don't expect it to come in but what the h ell, it's all a bit of fun, eh?. fwiw, all 6 return 16064/1!!!!!
    Posted by silentbob
    4 legs you say. I'm also gonna stick some coin on moonooo's selections.

Good luck everyone.
  • edited March 2010

here's my 1st chelt bet  win only  dtw

1. National Hunt Novices Chase - NR Money Back
    2. Poker De Sivola @ 14/1
  • edited March 2010

backed these as a patent
    1. Triumph Hurdle - NR Money Back
    2. Alaivan @ 4/1
    3. Ryanair Chase - NR Money Back
    4. Tranquil Sea @ 4/1
    5. Queen Mother Champion Chase- NR Money Back
    6. Big Zeb @ 15/2
  • edited March 2010

Okay, selections being posted left right and centre - stuck with MooNoo this afternoon - keep the faith!

Just the lucky 15 today, steady start on day one. If all goes t1ts up over the week, the last race on friday will be everything ive lost on the last favourite, lol - but sensible to start with!

Cheltenham2:40 Cheltenham  The Package @ 11/2 Cheltenham4:00 Cheltenham  Garde Champetre @ 9/4 Cheltenham3:20 Cheltenham  Khyber Kim @ 7/1 Cheltenham2:05 Cheltenham  Somersby @ 4/1

gl all !!! 
  • edited March 2010
    Heres all my selections for cheltenham..Only 1 more day until the bookie bashing begins..I've included my win selections and e/w bets. Tuesday Supreme Novice.. Dunguib 4/5 (only 1 selection needed here, this horse is a cert imo) Arkle... Captain Cee Bee 3/1 (nap) - Sports Line 8/1 e/w Will Hill Chase... The Package 11/2 - The Tother One 14/1 e/w Champion Hurdle... Go Native 7/2 - Khyber Kim 8/1 e/w Cross Country... Garde Champetre 9/4 Mares Hurdle... Voler la Vedette 13/8 Wednesday Neptune Novice Hurdle... Rite Of Passage 10/3 - Peddlers Cross 8/1 e/w RSA Chase... Long Run 2/1 - Diamond Harry 7/1 e/w Champion Chase... Master Minded 5/6 (nap)  ( If this horse jumps round it should win) Coral Cup... Quantitativeasing 7/1 - Sir Harry Ormesher 16/1 e/w Fred Winter... Sanctuaire 7/1 e/w Champion Bumper... Drumbaloo 8/1 - Up Ou That 14/1 e/w Thursday Jewson... Hey Big Spender 10/1 e/w Pertemps Final... Alfie Sherrin 7/2 - Fredo 14/1 e/w Ryanair Chase... Tranquil Sea 4/1 (nap) - Jack The Giant 33/1 e/w World Hurdle... Big Bucks 8/13 ( beaten its main rivals b4 no reason y it shouldn't again) Bryne Handicap... Sunnyhillboy 8/1 e/w Friday Triumph Hurdle... Secant Star 9/1 e/w (nap) Vincent O'Brein Hurdle... Qaspal 5/1- Tito Bustillo 8/1 e/w Albert Bartlett... Tell Masini 9/2 Gold Cup... Kauto Star 4/6 (10 lengths +) Foxhunter Chase... Baby Run 5/1 Martin Pipe Hurdle... Ashkazar 7/1 e/w Grand Annual Chase... Tataniano 7/1 e/w My best bet of the week although its odds on is Dunguib , This horse is an absolute machineeeee...It won the champion bumper at cheltenham last year by 10 lengths...All the experts reckon that this horse cant jump, But i still think it can hit every hurdle and still win...Just listen to the roar when this horse turns in for home crusing.. If the all the bankers of the festival (Dunguib, Master Minded, Big Bucks & Kauto Star) all win...Its said that its goina cost the bookies 50million in payout..Every year 1 of the so called bankers lose but i really think this could be the year when they all steam in..In a Acca i think it pays around 9/1..Good luck with your cheltenham bets people..
    Posted by moonooo

Hope you didnt put to much on this one m8
  • edited March 2010
    ffs sommersby 2nd!!! extra 25 yards and wud have got there, so frustrating I'd rather it fell over!!!

Gets the heart going tho! lol
  • edited March 2010
    Well done with Sizing Europe suited. I had £2 on him so in profit now after Dunguib let us all down.
  • edited March 2010
    Well done with Sizing Europe suited. I had £2 on him so in profit now after Dunguib let us all down.
    Posted by Quagmire72
    Thanks, not a bad start with a 2nd and a 1st, all tho i did back the first horse to win, next one is an outsider but I do fancy my last 3 to win.
  • edited March 2010
    HAD SIZING EUROPE ALSO £2 FREE BET IN THE MIRROR £14 FOR 48p COST OF THE PAPER GOOD TIMES
    MADE UP FOR GENERAL MILLER FALLING AT FIRST IN THE FIRST AND DUNGUIB KILLING ALL MY ACCYS FOR THE WEEK