You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cheltenham - Mad Previews

Comments

• edited March 2010
    Yea im gutted the Dunguib beast lost, thort it was nailed on..Im hoping Go Native can bring home the bacon that ive lost lol...Nice tip on the sizing europe wish i had back that now..I think Garde Champetre will do the buisness later, the jockeys never lost on it just hope 2day isnt the day when that changes..
  • edited March 2010
    The Package - and Somersby - both second, lost by a combined distance of under a neck !!!!! grrrrrrrr
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham - Mad Previews:
    The Package - and Somersby - both second, lost by a combined distance of under a neck !!!!! grrrrrrrr
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Yea the package was so close but yet so far..Ive gotta feeling 2days not goina be my day..Its the bookies 3 me 0 at the min lol
  • edited March 2010
    Where the flip did Chief Dan George come from? Niche Market came closest for me in that one. Things were looking good but he faded really badly. Glue factory for him, onto the Champion Hurdle we go!
  • edited March 2010
    Where the flip did Chief Dan George come from? Niche Market came closest for me in that one. Things were looking good but he faded really badly. Glue factory for him, onto the Champion Hurdle we go!
    Posted by Quagmire72
    ive backed that horse a couple of times before but nevert in a million years would i have backed it today.  The horse i did back only got mentioned once i think and that was when it walloped a fence, didnt expect anytihng back there so no worries.....cmon kyber kim
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham - Mad Previews : ive backed that horse a couple of times before but nevert in a million years would i have backed it today.  The horse i did back only got mentioned once i think and that was when it walloped a fence, didnt expect anytihng back there so no worries.....cmon kyber kim
    Posted by 35suited
    me too was the first one i crossed out on zaynar got 9/1 last night into 7s so ive won already lol

• edited March 2010
    A little gutted Kyber Kim only managed 2nd, should have really backed it eachway @ 8/1 but oh well was nice to see binnocular back to his best.

Favourites have all dissapointed big time so far hope the next couple come in.

Gareth
  • edited March 2010
    Cheltenhams been a favourites graveyard 2day..I hope the next 2 favs come in aswell or else im chasing for the week ouch..Some1 got there fingers well and truely burnt on betfair laying binocular at 999/1 lol, I bet they have just jumped of the nearest high building..
  • edited March 2010
    The less said about that race the better!!!!! badddd day for punters today
  • edited March 2010

Yea the bookies have bashed the punters hard 2day...With the results 2day i have no hope in my selection in the last..Lets hope 2moras a better day for the punters..

• edited March 2010
    Channel 4 stinks. I wanna watch the David Nicholson Mares' Hurdle but they've got Deal or no Deal on now. Swines!
  • edited March 2010

Quevaga won the last..the irish smashed into it..Hope we get some better results 2moro

• edited March 2010
    Well i wnated the fav to win the last, but at the time of saying that my horse was the fav, drifted out badly tho and finished 3rd. 

So had a 1st 2 2nds and a 3rd but still finished £70 down :)

Oh well theresd always tomorrow, will post my bets a little later
  • edited March 2010
    Well 2 of the 6 didn't finish in the each way places today so no moolah for me.

I'm going for the same again tomorrow backing moonooo's 6 tips in a £1 each way acca (11,344/1!)

One question though (remember I don't normally bet on the horses), I noticed that when you place your bets you can either take the price the bookies are offering now or take the starting price. Is there any reason why you'd take the starting price rather than what's on offer now?
  • edited March 2010
    That 11,344 would be nice lol..And about the starting price thing, taking the early price is a gamble in itself on this site cause the horse could shortern or drift in betting say 15/8 out to 3/1..But u still only get payed out at the 15/8..But if the price shortens & u have taken the early price you get payed at the bigger price..Other sites r best odds guaranteed...Good look with them bets 2moro we need it lol had a real shocker 2day..
  • edited March 2010
    You will pull us through Moonooo. Have got a real GUT feeling tommorow will be a belter...the first day of the festival is always (as much as i can recall) a day of excitement and odd results.
  • edited March 2010
    Dont like the look fo tomorrows races, thoguht todays looked eaier and I did awful today so god knows what tomorrow will bring but heres my selections

1.30 - Synchronised £5 win 15/2
    2.05 - Reve de sivola £2.50ew 12/1
    2.40 Punchestowns £20 win 3/1
    3.20 Masterminded £55 win 10/11
    4.00 James de Vassey 2.50ew 20/1
    4.40 Doctor Deejay  2.50ew 16/1
    5.15 Sheer Genius 2.50ew 150/1 (yes 150/1)

The only strong fancy there is masterminded who im banknig on getting my days money back.  Punchestowns i think has got a great chance but it is a toguh race.  The others im not confident about at all, and in the alst race i couldnt pick a horse so aske dhte mrs to lol so please dont go anywhere near that
  • edited March 2010
    Yea 2moras races do look much harder than 2days did...Im also banking on Masterminded he looked back to his best in his last run...And his best is easily enough to see off these rivals..Dunguib messed up my so called banker acca 2day, but the other 3 look nailed on Masterminded, Big Bucks & Kauto Star..Ruby Walsh will bring home the bacon this week the mans a genius..

Ill post my placepot for 2moro up abit later..Most of the favs & 2nd favs placed 2day and it still payed £98..Last year at the festival it payed about £2000 on 1 of the days..You have more chance of winning the lottery than getting the cheltenham placepot up tho lol, but ill still have a crack at it..
  • edited March 2010
    DOH,

Great minds think a like I picked same four horses as you today but added Quevega at 2-1 .
    3 2nds and a winner and profit of over £7 for 26.00 staked. Oh for another 100 yards.

For what it is worth my six for Wednesday.

Presenting forever 1.30
    Quel esprit 2.05
    Diamond Harry 2.40
    Kalahari King 3.20
    James De vassey 4.00
    Loch Long 4.40

Can't wait for another exciting day
  • edited March 2010
    Heres my crack at the placepot

1.30 Fabalu 14/1- Mobaasher 10/1
    2.05 Finians Rainbow 6/1- Peddlers Cross 6/1
    2.40 Long Run 2/1
    3.20 Master Minded 5/6
    4.00 Quanititveasing 13/2- Sir Harry Ormesher 12/1
    4.40 Sanctuaire 6/1

The first race is by far the hardest 1 to call 2moro, So this will either fall at the first or sail through...This will work out to be 8lines so well worth 50p a line..
  • edited March 2010
    Dont like the look fo tomorrows races, thoguht todays looked eaier and I did awful today so god knows what tomorrow will bring but heres my selections 1.30 - Synchronised £5 win 15/2 2.05 - Reve de sivola £2.50ew 12/1 2.40 Punchestowns £20 win 3/1 3.20 Masterminded £55 win 10/11 4.00 James de Vassey 2.50ew 20/1 4.40 Doctor Deejay  2.50ew 16/1 5.15 Sheer Genius 2.50ew 150/1 (yes 150/1) The only strong fancy there is masterminded who im banknig on getting my days money back.  Punchestowns i think has got a great chance but it is a toguh race.  The others im not confident about at all, and in the alst race i couldnt pick a horse so aske dhte mrs to lol so please dont go anywhere near that
    Posted by 35suited
    well since synchronised is a nr had a fiver on abbeybraney @ 9/1 instead
  • edited March 2010

Poker de Sivola - 14/1

Diamond Harry - 13/2 (I ust cant ignore this horse I love it)

Masterminded 10/11

Hunterview - 17/2 (Had a tip from an unrecognised number on my fone this morning for this horse, who knows?)

GL all!
  • edited March 2010
    Had a dabble ew too.....

Hampshire Express - 20/1

Diamond Harry - 13/2 

Petitfour - 10/1

Hunterview - 17/2 
  • edited March 2010

Does anyone know where I can watch the races on line or have up to date text commentary?
    I am stuck @ work with internet access but no speakers. Sky bet, paddy power, channel 4 and Ladbrookes were cr@p y/day

Had a 3rd and 4 (yes 4) 2nd places y/day but only bet win only :( 

Hope Irish eyes are smiling on us all on here today!
  • edited March 2010
    Does anyone know where I can watch the races on line or have up to date text commentary? I am stuck @ work with internet access but no speakers. Sky bet, paddy power, channel 4 and Ladbrookes were cr@p y/day Had a 3rd and 4 (yes 4) 2nd places y/day but only bet win only :(  Hope Irish eyes are smiling on us all on here today!
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Yea the racingpost website do text commentarys in running...But if u wait like 15mins after the race the replys are normaly up on the sportslife webstie..
  • edited March 2010
    Poker de Sivola - 14/1 Diamond Harry - 13/2 (I ust cant ignore this horse I love it) Masterminded 10/11 Hunterview - 17/2 (Had a tip from an unrecognised number on my fone this morning for this horse, who knows?) GL all!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Nice 1 on the poker de sivola dohhh..Good luck with diamond harry aswell ive got the beast on e/w top horse..
  • edited March 2010
    Well done Dohhhhh. How much did you win from that one?
  • edited March 2010
    Well done Doh,

I had a little saver on Poker De Sivola.

Also Big Fan of Diamond Harry.

I am really getting woprried that we are so similar LOL
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: Cheltenham - Mad Previews : Yea the racingpost website do text commentarys in running...But if u wait like 15mins after the race the replys are normaly up on the sportslife webstie..
    Posted by moonooo
    Cheers 4 that. Just had poker de silva @ 14/1.......GET IN.
  • edited March 2010

Haha thanx guys - Im kinda taking the credit for other people here, Norbit tipped it up, and also, Scouse mentioned it - he said it was the only horse to have gone that far before, so its good enough for me.

Its in a lucky 15 - with the other 3 on that bet, only a £6 one - Masterminded shud win, diamond harry is a diamond, then that last horse in the bet I got a txt this morning telling me to bak it - if they come in, the beers r on me !!! :)

Early days.