You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

IS THIS HUMAN OR A BOT? ROBOROVER VERUS THE BOT LOL!

Comments

• edited March 2010
    That is sooooo sick! it seem inhumanely possible!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: IS THIS HUMAN OR A BOT? ROBOROVER VERUS THE BOT LOL!:
    That is sooooo sick! it seem inhumanely possible!
    Posted by TP_Dantb
     it just cant be human !
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: IS THIS HUMAN OR A BOT? ROBOROVER VERUS THE BOT LOL! :   it just cant be human !
    Posted by IRISHROVER

see if he or she is human aevery1 should but him/her a bevvy or a bunch a flowers. Or maybe just say sorry. But a doubt it m8, nae chance thats a human. more chance of me growing an extra toe over night
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: is this a human or a bot?:
    In Response to Re: is this a human or a bot? : yep i emailed them and yes spoke to mod who makes skyrich look like , mother tersea in drag , but its not like our beloved skypoker,   from previous experience the email most probably will get lost in cyberspace lol . i will keep you updated if i get any info or any other fellow players who speak the irish queens english on there,   give me any info , makes you think do how good we  have it on here, thank crunchy for skybernie / tk / skyrich and the lads lol ! p.s   i have got the bit between my teeth on this one its roborover  verus the bot lol !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    ok guys/gals i got a email response from said site ,

regarding it being bot/ human ?

very very long email,

so i just throw up some of the more important pieces from it,

later this afternoon when i get a bit of time .

• edited March 2010

rs03rs03 is NOT a bot.

Great thread though.
  • edited March 2010
    Im not sure what site your talking about here, but Ive been watching a game on a site, mixed game, with durr, gus, Townsend and PA........and in the chatbox for an hour, theres been a guy asking everyone, including the pros, to lend him 5 dollars, and he will pay back double in half an hour.... Whats this all about?????? - I dnt understand? Do people actually do this sort of thing?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Until 7 years ago, I only played on that Site. It is a VERY good site, in fact, it would be nonsense to say otherwise, though these days, it's sheer size is a deterrent to any sort of community feel. I ceased playing there due to these beggars in the chatbox. I did not wish to turn the chat off, as I played a bunch of regulars who I knew, & we liked to natter, but this constant begging became too much.

I've only seen it once on Sky Poker, & I asked the Genteman to desist. He continued, & lurked me on the Site for 3 days, continually asking me to transfer money to him. Eventually, I C & P'd the chat-log, & sent it to Customer-Care, & I've not been troubled by him since.

In Live Poker? Sheesh JJ, if you are about to start playing Live - & I hope you are (DTD's £50-er yesterday - 202 runners, 10,000 chips, & 30 min clock would suit you down to the ground), that's a whole minefield, with scammers & nippers everyewhere. Make a personal rule - never loan a penny-piece to a single soul no matter how convincing the story, & reject all offers of chops, swaps, sponsorship, investment, or staking either way, until you have sussed the scene. And I STILL guarantee that you will get scammed by someone. Trust me, just say NO. I could tell you some awesome nippage & scammage tales from Live Poker, it'd make a great blog. Several, in fact......
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: IS THIS HUMAN OR A BOT? ROBOROVER VERUS THE BOT LOL! : Until 7 years ago, I only played on that Site. It is a VERY good site, in fact, it would be nonsense to say otherwise, though these days, it's sheer size is a deterrent to any sort of community feel. I ceased playing there due to these beggars in the chatbox. I did not wish to turn the chat off, as I played a bunch of regulars who I knew, & we liked to natter, but this constant begging became too much. I've only seen it once on Sky Poker, & I asked the Genteman to desist. He continued, & lurked me on the Site for 3 days, continually asking me to transfer money to him. Eventually, I C & P'd the chat-log, & sent it to Customer-Care, & I've not been troubled by him since. In Live Poker? Sheesh JJ, if you are about to start playing Live - & I hope you are (DTD's £50-er yesterday - 202 runners, 10,000 chips, & 30 min clock would suit you down to the ground), that's a whole minefield, with scammers & nippers everyewhere. Make a personal rule - never loan a penny-piece to a single soul no matter how convincing the story, & reject all offers of chops, swaps, sponsorship, investment, or staking either way, until you have sussed the scene. And I STILL guarantee that you will get scammed by someone. Trust me, just say NO. I could tell you some awesome nippage & scammage tales from Live Poker, it'd make a great blog. Several, in fact......
    Posted by Tikay10
    Its sounds like you had a lucky escape TK....or did you pass up the chance of a lifetime?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: IS THIS HUMAN OR A BOT? ROBOROVER VERUS THE BOT LOL! : Until 7 years ago, I only played on that Site. It is a VERY good site, in fact, it would be nonsense to say otherwise, though these days, it's sheer size is a deterrent to any sort of community feel. I ceased playing there due to these beggars in the chatbox. I did not wish to turn the chat off, as I played a bunch of regulars who I knew, & we liked to natter, but this constant begging became too much. I've only seen it once on Sky Poker, & Iasked the Genteman to desist. He continued, & lurked me on the Site for 3 days, continually asking me to transfer money to him. Eventually, I C & P'd the chat-log, & sent it to Customer-Care, & I've not been troubled by him since. In Live Poker? Sheesh JJ, if you are about to start playing Live - & I hope you are (DTD's £50-er yesterday - 202 runners, 10,000 chips, & 30 min clock would suit you down to the ground), that's a whole minefield, with scammers & nippers everyewhere. Make a personal rule - never loan a penny-piece to a single soul no matter how convincing the story, & reject all offers of chops, swaps, sponsorship, investment, or staking either way, until you have sussed the scene. And I STILL guarantee that you will get scammed by someone. Trust me, just say NO. I could tell you some awesome nippage & scammage tales from Live Poker, it'd make a great blog. Several, in fact......
    Posted by Tikay10

was this person richard orford ?

• edited March 2010
    lol irish someone reported the guy you mentioned and apparently stars said he takes regular food and sleep breaks, apart from that just plays solid haha.
    and boku87 is a legend, dno if any of you follow his blog/BR challenge thing??

TK could you do a blog with live poker scams on please? would be great to read!!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: is this a human or a bot? : ok guys/gals i got a email response from said site , regarding it being bot/ human ? very very long email, so i just throw up some of the more important pieces from it, later this afternoon when i get a bit of time .
    Posted by IRISHROVER
     AS SAID ABOVE :

KEY REASONS FROM SAID POKERSITE WHY THEY SAY ITS HUMAN PLAYER

1. they use a program so that they can play with a keyboard,

instead of clicking mouse.

this allows them to act a lot faster .

the most popular such program is available on line at http://tableninja.com/

2. they play very tightly so acting less then the norm.

3. they only play dym 10 seater games this allows more time for action .

the above is a short version and more or less cuts to the chase of their email.

so any questions throw up here and i will forward them to their security team.

over and out roborover !
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: is this a human or a bot? :   AS SAID ABOVE :   KEY REASONS FROM SAID POKERSITE WHY THEY SAY ITS HUMAN PLAYER  1. they use a program so that they can play with a keyboard,       instead of clicking mouse.          this allows them to act a lot faster .      the most popular such program is available on line at http://tableninja.com/  2. they play very tightly so acting less then the norm.  3. they only play dym 10 seater games this allows more time for action . the above is a short version and more or less cuts to the chase of their email. so any questions throw up here and i will forward them to their security team. over and out roborover !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    It's known, in this case, as a "TN", & all serious STT single-tablers use this, or one of the many alternative products, all of which serve the same market. It's a bog-standard piece of kit for a serious multi-tabler, & all Online STT & SNG pros & grinders have & use them.  It's only necessary once players get a above 12 Tables or so.

Me? I'll stick to 1 table - & enjoying my poker.
  • edited March 2010
    rs03rs03 is NOT a bot. Great thread though.
    Posted by Tikay10
    How do you know this.  Its not that I am doubting you, but where do you get this info.  If full tilt have said it is not a bot, this doesnt mean it isnt one.  There are some clever bots about, and I`m pretty sure people could write a program that would give the impression from the outside that the keyboard was being used.
    I know they have bot detection software etc but ppl are always going to be getting through.  This happens in every scam going.

I mean one of the bots defences would be taking regular 2-3 min breaks every 70-90 mins (random).  So when a site is looking at this it means nothing to say `they take regular breaks`.

Im having difficulty believing ppl can play 2k + sng`s a day
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: IS THIS HUMAN OR A BOT? ROBOROVER VERUS THE BOT LOL! : How do you know this.  Its not that I am doubting you, but where do you get this info.  If full tilt have said it is not a bot, this doesnt mean it isnt one.  There are some clever bots about, and I`m pretty sure people could write a program that would give the impression from the outside that the keyboard was being used. I know they have bot detection software etc but ppl are always going to be getting through.  This happens in every scam going. I mean one of the bots defences would be taking regular 2-3 min breaks every 70-90 mins (random).  So when a site is looking at this it means nothing to say `they take regular breaks`. Im having difficulty believing ppl can play 2k + sng`s a day
    Posted by OMahonyO
    I was not aware they had - he plays exclusively, afaik, on 'Stars. The story has been well-documented on the "heavy" Poker Forums for some time.
  • edited March 2010

72 tables do this for 14 hours every day  ?

below link,

don't forget to enlarge it with bottom right icon on video screen .

its takes a minute for it to get going 

it/she/he must register on the tables first  

guys/gals enjoy lol .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYUQIzx_QMo&feature=related

• edited March 2010
      72 tables do this for 14 hours every day   ?    below link,   don't forget to enlarge it with bottom right icon on video screen .   its takes a minute for it to get going      it/she/he must register on the tables first      guys/gals enjoy lol .   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYUQIzx_QMo&feature=related  
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    that was amazing,i sat there mesmarised the guys a genius
  • edited March 2010
    this site is full of c rap
    Posted by ludo
    lol you created a thread last year that said sky poker is a joke... and you return lol... bless you, such an attention seeking troll... webby in disguise?
  • edited March 2010
    this site is full of c rap
    Posted by ludo
     maybe snakes and ladders would suit your style better !
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: IS THIS HUMAN OR A BOT? ROBOROVER VERUS THE BOT LOL! : How do you know this.  Its not that I am doubting you, but where do you get this info.  If full tilt have said it is not a bot, this doesnt mean it isnt one.  There are some clever bots about, and I`m pretty sure people could write a program that would give the impression from the outside that the keyboard was being used. I know they have bot detection software etc but ppl are always going to be getting through.  This happens in every scam going. I mean one of the bots defences would be taking regular 2-3 min breaks every 70-90 mins (random).  So when a site is looking at this it means nothing to say `they take regular breaks`. Im having difficulty believing ppl can play 2k + sng`s a day
    Posted by OMahonyO

It's real and there are many who play like this.

Do you laugh at the people who post in are  51 thinking that one loss = rigged?

Thinking that this isn't possible falls into the same category imo, especially considering the video evidence.

There are a whole load of people for whom winning at a very small rate but over a massive sample size would be a good living considering cost of living etc where they are from. DYM's are the perfect form of grinding game because there are not many decisions to be made and just one hell of a lot of folding as you can see from the other youtube link posted where the guy just has his mouse over fold and it barely moves!
  • edited March 2010
    I havent got speakers for my pc yet, so not really watched any vids to see the evidence.  Like I said.  Its not that I do not believe it, I just find it hard to comprehend that volume.  Its insane, and if it is not a bot, also pretty sad lol
  • edited March 2010
    I havent got speakers for my pc yet, so not really watched any vids to see the evidence.  Like I said.  Its not that I do not believe it, I just find it hard to comprehend that volume.  Its insane, and if it is not a bot, also pretty sad lol
    Posted by OMahonyO
    Yup, but each to their own. Hard to believe, but it's true - he's not a bot, & there are a surprising number of players who do this sort of stuff.
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by OMahonyO

How is it sad if he is earning more than in another job he could be doing? 

Sound isn't required for the videos they aren't educational or anything just physically showing you how the madness looks.
  • edited March 2010
    the video irishrover posted... the auto register software that the guy uses... lol whenever it registers the text reads weeeeeeee registered... haha, class.
  • edited March 2010
    the video irishrover posted... the auto register software that the guy uses... lol whenever it registers the text reads weeeeeeee registered... haha, class.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    yep had a look at that ,

what does that mean then ?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: IS THIS HUMAN OR A BOT? ROBOROVER VERUS THE BOT LOL! : How is it sad if he is earning more than in another job he could be doing?  Sound isn't required for the videos they aren't educational or anything just physically showing you how the madness looks.
    Posted by beaneh
    sad because if it is not a bot it should be.  his strat must be pretty basic, so it would not take much programming for the bot.  Buy a bot and go enjoy yourself for the day imo.

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: IS THIS HUMAN OR A BOT? ROBOROVER VERUS THE BOT LOL! : sad because if it is not a bot it should be.  his strat must be pretty basic, so it would not take much programming for the bot.  Buy a bot and go enjoy yourself for the day imo.
    Posted by OMahonyO

So you dont want bots  in your game but you'd rather that than someone with a very tight strategy playing themself? You don't seem to make sense or at least your not consistent.

His strategy is basic but so is the format (DYM) that he is playing, hence how that works well together!
  • edited March 2010

People have been moaning about alleged "bots" in online poker since Online poker was invented, on every forum, ad infinitum, but I've yet to see anyone say WHY, if bots are indeed being programmed to play Online, it would be a problem.

I've yet to see a scintilla of credible evidence to suggest poker bots are an issue which we should be concerned about.

Meanwhile, players see what they think is something for nothing on some Belize or Mauritius based mickey-mouse site & throw their money at them! 
  • edited March 2010
    People have been moaning about alleged "bots" in online poker since Online poker was invented, on every forum, ad infinitum , but I've yet to see anyone say WHY, if bots are indeed being programmed to play Online, it would be a problem. I've yet to see a scintilla of credible evidence to suggest poker bots are an issue which we should be concerned about. Meanwhile, players see what they think is something for nothing on some Belize or Mauritius based mickey-mouse site & throw their money at them! 
    Posted by Tikay10
    I may be way off base with this comment as if so i'm sure someone will put me right in no uncertain terms BUT...... lol

..... I once read that the majority if not all bots operate at limit poker tables. Something to do with the predictability of the odds v's pot etc. If true this would mean that i would have no worries about bot's as i detest limit poker lol

Also as TK says bots would not be a problem. If they are programed to make money based on the maths of odds etc then by betting certain amounts you can simply force a fold? Or am i wrong
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: IS THIS HUMAN OR A BOT? ROBOROVER VERUS THE BOT LOL! : I may be way off base with this comment as if so i'm sure someone will put me right in no uncertain terms BUT...... lol ..... I once read that the majority if not all bots operate at limit poker tables. Something to do with the predictability of the odds v's pot etc. If true this would mean that i would have no worries about bot's as i detest limit poker lol Also as TK says bots would not be a problem. If they are programed to make money based on the maths of odds etc then by betting certain amounts you can simply force a fold? Or am i wrong
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    This.

If bots existed, it would be very simple to disrupt their "predicted thinking", but frankly, I've never once believed they do, it's just "old wives tales".

Think motive. And as no credible motive exists, why should bots exist?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: IS THIS HUMAN OR A BOT? ROBOROVER VERUS THE BOT LOL! : So you dont want bots  in your game but you'd rather that than someone with a very tight strategy playing themself? You don't seem to make sense or at least your not consistent. His strategy is basic but so is the format (DYM) that he is playing, hence how that works well together!
    Posted by beaneh

I never said I did not want bots in my game.  I am unsure which way to go on this as I`m pretty sure if you knew you had a bot at your table it would be exploitable.
    Im not really committing myself either way on this atm on wether I would want/mind one at my table or not.  Its just if it were me, and i found out I could get a bot to do this for me 14hrs / day, I would get one.  He cant really be enjoying himself but who knows maybe he is.

Since this thread went up, I have been looking into these bots, and its pretty fascinating what goes on tbh.  Definitely an eye opener.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: IS THIS HUMAN OR A BOT? ROBOROVER VERUS THE BOT LOL! : This. If bots existed, it would be very simple to disrupt their "predicted thinking", but frankly, I've never once believed they do, it's just "old wives tales". Think motive. And as no credible motive exists, why should bots exist?
    Posted by Tikay10

Are you saying bots dont exist? and there is no motive.?

I am quite a sceptic but I`m pretty sure they exist and are being used A LOT.  I hear they will only work at the micros, maybe nl25 and below.

The motive - you dont even need a winning bot, so long as it breaks even you can go bonus whooring and have a steady rakeback payment.  A certain site I hear is offering $1100 sign up bonus.  So yeah there is a motive.