You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

saras sports quiz

Comments

• edited July 2010
    SARAH.......Where are YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need at least ONE question a week to satisfy my Obsessive, Compulsive Disorder!!!!!!!
    HELP or I might do something stupid, like start playing poker!!!!!!!!
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz:
    SARAH.......Where are YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need at least ONE question a week to satisfy my Obsessive, Compulsive Disorder!!!!!!! HELP or I might do something stupid, like start playing poker!!!!!!!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Here Goes then Dave!!!!

Can you name a player who played in all four.......only joking mate.

Can you name the 9 teams that begin AND end in the same letter...English, Scottish and Conference teams only!!! and "Sellick" don't count....their proper name is "Glasgow Celtic".
  • edited July 2010
    Quiz favourite that one emily.

liverpool
    york city
    charlton athletic.

There's 3 to get the ball rolling
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : Here Goes then Dave!!!! Can you name a player who played in all four.......only joking mate. Can you name the 9 teams that begin AND end in the same letter...English, Scottish and Conference teams only!!! and "Sellick" don't count....their proper name is "Glasgow Celtic".
    Posted by emilyegg
    LOL! Tony Cottee &.........Eric Nixon, ty Slump, bout 4months ago lol,

Kilmanock,
    Dundee United, think thats two more!! four to go?

lol Northampton Town, just came up on Sky news lol three to go?
  • edited July 2010
    Aston Villa is another.

Steve
  • edited July 2010
  • edited July 2010
    When you have got the remaining 2 correct, why not try this one. It is a toughie unless you're a cricket nut, a quiz fiend or a google cheat ha ha!!

On June 5th 1980 at Trent Bridge, England played the West Indies in a test match. What i want to know is: What "FIRST" in test cricket happened in this match?
  • edited July 2010
    2 left!!
    Posted by emilyegg
    Alloa, East fife
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : Alloa, East fife
    Posted by COCASIRF
    Sorry coca, but i think it's Alloa Athletic. The last one is East Stirlingshire
  • edited July 2010
    East Stirlingshire wraps it up.

Have a go at this one that a friend threw at me......

Which (now retired) International player scored 8 goals in his native country before being signed by a top EPL club. At this club, he only managed to find the net once before he was sold on to another big European club where he never scored a single goal, although he did score for his country during this spell.
     He then returned to the Premiership, where again he only managed to score one goal.
    The player was then offloaded to his 3rd (and final) Premiership club, where once again he drew a blank in front of goal.

WHO WAS IT!!!!???
  • edited July 2010
    Rob are you sure there isn't 10 clubs. Was thinking of Manchester sc um, that starts and ends with the same letter!!
  • edited July 2010
    Rob are you sure there isn't 10 clubs. Was thinking of Manchester sc um, that starts and ends with the same letter!!
    Posted by labrat64
    PMSL ian
  • edited July 2010
    East Stirlingshire wraps it up. Have a go at this one that a friend threw at me...... Which (now retired) International player scored 8 goals in his native country before being signed by a top EPL club. At this club, he only managed to find the net once before he was sold on to another big European club where he never scored a single goal, although he did score for his country during this spell.  He then returned to the Premiership, where again he only managed to score one goal. The player was then offloaded to his 3rd (and final) Premiership club, where once again he drew a blank in front of goal. WHO WAS IT!!!!???
    Posted by emilyegg

Is it Peter Schmeichel?
  • edited July 2010
    ffs Hawk LOL, thought that one might have ran for a bit. Well Done.
  • edited July 2010
    ffs Hawk LOL, thought that one might have ran for a bit. Well Done.
    Posted by emilyegg
    Great one tho Rob!! Had me for about hour at work thinking of poor centre forwards! lol
    Nice get Hawk
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : Great one tho Rob!! Had me for about hour at work thinking of poor centre forwards! lol Nice get Hawk
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Did think it might be Bently or Ngog but they have not retired yet ;)
  • edited July 2010
    Come on all you sport nuts, have a go at the cricket question on page 28 lol.
  • edited July 2010
    When you have got the remaining 2 correct, why not try this one. It is a toughie unless you're a cricket nut, a quiz fiend or a google cheat ha ha!! On June 5th 1980 at Trent Bridge, England played the West Indies in a test match. What i want to know is: What "FIRST" in test cricket happened in this match?
    Posted by labrat64
    Ok, have not really got a clue!!

But sort of remember years ago an England batsman getting given out after the ball got stuck, in his shirt, I think!
    The keeper retrieved it, then appealed, was it Trescothick meybe, or am I making it up to myself, lol

Or..... how about referring to the 4th umpire ,on screen , more likley i think!!
  • edited July 2010

hi guys im back

inthe middle of a very busy summer here

so my next question is

which club did arsenal fc lose to in the 1988 league cup final?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to saras sports quiz:
    hi if any off you want can start a sports quiz i have hundreads of questions from easy to well hard lol ok first one nice and easy who scored the first ever premiership goal part 2 who scored the first ever televised premiership goal
    Posted by sara36dd08
    brianean teddy sheringham
  • edited July 2010
    Happy Birthday Sky.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to saras sports quiz : brianean teddy sheringham
    Posted by shelly76
    Correct Shelly, welcome to the 'Forum' & 'Sarahs sports quiz'

She goes away from time to time but always comes back eventually!!

If you check the thread, there are about 250 questions to have a go at, after that one, good luck, hope to hear from you soon!! lol

PS my names Dave 'Hitman' Harvey, people think i'm Mad, but actually am just politely eccentric,
    Welcome to the Club!!!
  • edited July 2010
        hi guys im back   inthe middle of a very busy summer here   so my next question is   which club did arsenal fc lose to in the 1988 league cup final?
    Posted by sara36dd08
    Luton Town
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : Luton Town
    Posted by QDMCGRAW
    correct

next one

who was the first  UK player to make 1000 first class appearances?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : correct next one who was the first  UK player to make 1000 first class appearances?
    Posted by sara36dd08
    err cricket or football? wording leans me to cricket... quick guess[s]... Boycott or Knott?
  • edited July 2010
    I don't get the finer points of cricket, so when it says "First Class" appearances, I was thinking about Football and being awarded an 8 or 9 out of 10 in the Sunday Sport :0(
  • edited July 2010
    I don't get the finer points of cricket, so when it says "First Class" appearances, I was thinking about Football and being awarded an 8 or 9 out of 10 in the Sunday Sport :0(
    Posted by emilyegg
    How's That!!
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by emilyegg
    right sorry ment 1000 first class football matches
  • edited July 2010
    mmmm good one, was it a Scotsman?
  • edited July 2010
    its not who I was thinking of......1000 games, must be a goalie, surely. Was It John Burridge? he played for nearly every team!