You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

saras sports quiz

Comments

• edited September 2010

OO!! against england, sorry!!

Waugh?...hoooarrr.....What is it good for?....Absolutley nuffinn!!

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz:
    Michael Slater???
    Posted by harding10
    correct

ok next one

nice and easy which club has played the most games at wembley stadium in history?
  • edited September 2010
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : correct ok next one nice and easy which club has played the most games at wembley stadium in history?
    Posted by sara36dd08
    Must be Arsenal. They played their Champions League games there for a couple of seasons.
  • edited September 2010
    I will go for Liverpool for cup appearances, unless a lower club used it after the war or something.
  • edited September 2010
    I will go for Liverpool for cup appearances, unless a lower club used it after the war or something.
    Posted by Patching99

both wrong not arsenal our liverpool couple of teams its not for free not chelsea manutd aston villa either

so get thinking guys lol
  • edited September 2010
    its some team like orient or another london club, they played there during the war didnt they or some reason like that, this must be the vaguest answer yet, haha.
  • edited September 2010

could it be a trick one?.......NOT a football team maybe?

• edited September 2010
    Bolton Wanderers? Or amatuer side Wembley Town maybe who normally play at ValeFarm
  • edited September 2010
    ahhhh..... Meybe Wigan rugby league.... or one of the Hulls
  • edited September 2010
    its some team like orient or another london club, they played there during the war didnt they or some reason like that, this must be the vaguest answer yet, haha.
    Posted by lucy4
    correct leyton orient used wembley as a home ground during the war

right next one

name all the stands at lords?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : correct leyton orient used wembley as a home ground during the war right next one name all the stands at lords?
    Posted by sara36dd08
    I Know the Mound stand, and err...Lords tavern,,,Nursery end is now the media centre?? am I miles out?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : I Know the Mound stand, and err...Lords tavern,,,Nursery end is now the media centre?? am I miles out?
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    hit you got 1 correct  mound stand

extrs question who offered to pay for the mound stand if they named it after him?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : hit you got 1 correct  mound stand extrs question who offered to pay for the mound stand if they named it after him?
    Posted by sara36dd08
    Was it Leonid Brezhnev?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : hit you got 1 correct  mound stand extrs question who offered to pay for the mound stand if they named it after him?
    Posted by sara36dd08
    ROBERT MAXWELL ?
  • edited September 2010
    Posted by sara36dd08
    A Pakistani test cricketer meybe?

Was gonna call it the Murky Pound Stand, but they shortened it to fit onto tickets!!
  • edited September 2010

right just think of an old rich bloke dead now

who was mad about cricket he has his own ground

easy now
  • edited September 2010
    Paul Getty's (Getty Stand) ground at Wormsley in Bucks!!

Was there about 4 years ago watching Buckinghamshire vs Lancashire in the old 60 over knockout competition and certainly one of my favourite Minor County grounds i have ever visited.
  • edited September 2010
    Paul Getty's (Getty Stand) ground at Wormsley in Bucks!! Was there about 4 years ago watching Buckinghamshire vs Lancashire in the old 60 over knockout competition and certainly one of my favourite Minor County grounds i have ever visited.
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    correct john paull getty offered to pay for the mound stand if they neamed it after him

they declined

ok next

as hes doing the show tonite

who did ed giddins hit in the nets at the oval the day before a test

nearly putting him out the test?

im sure it was 1991  but ed will confirm
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : correct john paull getty offered to pay for the mound stand if they neamed it after him they declined ok next as hes doing the show tonite who did ed giddins hit in the nets at the oval the day before a test nearly putting him out the test? im sure it was 1991  but ed will confirm
    Posted by sara36dd08
    Atherton meybe?

Sarah where ya been? & what colour are ya? I am RED!! LOL
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : correct john paull getty offered to pay for the mound stand if they neamed it after him they declined ok next as hes doing the show tonite who did ed giddins hit in the nets at the oval the day before a test nearly putting him out the test? im sure it was 1991  but ed will confirm
    Posted by sara36dd08
    Graeme Hick?..........
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : Atherton meybe?   Sarah where ya been? & what colour are ya? I am RED!! LOL
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    sorry wrong correct team as in england but a far more aggresive batsman

just been busy at work

no im a mighty yellow
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : sorry wrong correct team as in england but a far more aggresive batsman just been busy at work no im a mighty yellow
    Posted by sara36dd08
    MORE agressive than Hick....WoW!! thinking cap on then

ps sarah RED v Yellow sun 7.30pm good luck, & Why aint u been votin on Irishrovers Big brother thread? LOL
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : sorry wrong correct team as in england but a far more aggresive batsman just been busy at work no im a mighty yellow
    Posted by sara36dd08
    Robin Smith?.......
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : Robin Smith?.......
    Posted by OnlyOneCT
    correct  ed was a MCC young crickter one off there jobs was to bowl at any test teams that wanted them

he came back to lords a bit shy haveing hit robin smith on the elbow in the nets

he was ok and played in the test

so next

who sang diamond lights?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : correct  ed was a MCC young crickter one off there jobs was to bowl at any test teams that wanted them he came back to lords a bit shy haveing hit robin smith on the elbow in the nets he was ok and played in the test so next who sang diamond lights?
    Posted by sara36dd08
    waddle & hoddle ??
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : correct  ed was a MCC young crickter one off there jobs was to bowl at any test teams that wanted them he came back to lords a bit shy haveing hit robin smith on the elbow in the nets he was ok and played in the test so next who sang diamond lights?
    Posted by sara36dd08
    I had a feeling that it would be Robin Smith as esepcially against sides like the West Indies he took a no-nonsense approach to his batting and for me was a highly under rated cricketer and i had the pleasure to have many chats with the great man himself when he was playing for Hampshire and an absolute gentlemen of the sport in my opinion!............

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : waddle & hoddle ??
    Posted by lucy4
    correct far to easy

yes ct have met robin smith a few times at lords when he came there with hampshire and england a true gent

next

which footballer was born today the 25th of september 1955?
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : correct far to easy yes ct have met robin smith a few times at lords when he came there with hampshire and england a true gent next which footballer was born today the 25th of september 1955?
    Posted by sara36dd08
    fcuk knows, but I for one, would like to extend my best wishes to the lucky man blowing out the 55 candles today.
  • edited September 2010

I will try 3 guesses

Kenny Daglish
    Bryan Robson
    Kevin Keegan