You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

saras sports quiz

Comments

• edited July 2010
    Is it Pat Jennings?
  • edited July 2010
    Neville Southall?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz:
    Is it Pat Jennings?
    Posted by QDMCGRAW
    correct

ok next one

what were portsmouth fc orignal kit colours?
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : correct ok next one what were portsmouth fc orignal kit colours?
    Posted by sara36dd08
    A guess, some yellow, like the Badge maybe? leave that to someone else

Saw this table in a paper today, was quite surprised, try & put it in order, no cheating!!

'European Leagues with highest attendances last season'

1,  13.1 million .............
    2,  12.9 million .............
    3,  11    million .............
    4,    9.9 million .............
    5,    9.1 million .............
    6,    7.6 million .............

The leagues in question being, [ in alpha order ]

Bundesliga  -  Germany
    La Liga       -  Spain
    Ligue 1       -  France
    Premiersip  -  England
    Seria A       -  Italy         PLUS ONE MORE...which surprised me, but not when I thought about it!!

Have a go to put them in order, no cheating!!!

PS check out THE GRIND sat 8pm, gonna be a right Donk on, chucking chips like confetti!!!

• edited July 2010
    1. Bundesliga
    2. Premiership
    3. La Liga
    4. Coca Cola Championship?
    5. Serie A
    6. Ligue 1
  • edited July 2010
    1. Bundesliga 2. Premiership 3. La Liga 4. Coca Cola Championship? 5. Serie A 6. Ligue 1
    Posted by QDMCGRAW
    No ul, will let other people have a go before i correct you!! lol
  • edited July 2010
    Its the surprise mystery league in the top 6 that I look forward to seeing.....gonna be somewhere random like Scotland or Slovenia or Greece or somewhere. 
  • edited July 2010
    Its the surprise mystery league in the top 6 that I look forward to seeing.....gonna be somewhere random like Scotland or Slovenia or Greece or somewhere. 
    Posted by emilyegg
    LOL, ok Rob, so have a go at the positions of the other 5 then, as well

PS mate, got your pm, thanks mate!!  Get the missus to wear sunglasses, that reduces the 'power', also earth wifes of Human Men, that I hugely respect are normally safe from the 'Rays', so Helen should be ok!!
  • edited July 2010

Right, I will guess at....

1 France
    2 England
    3 Germany
    4 Spain
    5 Italy

6 Glesga` Rangers and Sellick ;0)

• edited July 2010
    Right, I will guess at.... 1 France 2 England 3 Germany 4 Spain 5 Italy 6 Glesga` Rangers and Sellick ;0)
    Posted by emilyegg
    lol miles out!! who's next?
  • edited July 2010
    Did Tony Cottee play in all of the countries?

If so, did he ever miss a penalty? If he did and Eric Nixon saved it......I've had a right result.
  • edited July 2010
    Did Tony Cottee play in all of the countries? If so, did he ever miss a penalty? If he did and Eric Nixon saved it......I've had a right result.
    Posted by emilyegg
    then Teddy sheringham got to the rebound....but it was cleared off the line by....................
    BRIAN DEANE!!!!!!!!!!!!

now get to bed, or no porridge for u in tha mornin!!
  • edited July 2010
    lol, Night Dave!
  • edited August 2010
    portsmouth origanal colour was pink kits shamefull

ok next one

from which club did fulham sign kit symons  and malcolm macdonald not the same team ?
  • edited August 2010
    portsmouth origanal colour was pink kits shamefull ok next one from which club did fulham sign kit symons  and malcolm macdonald not the same team ?
    Posted by sara36dd08
    Palace?
  • edited August 2010
    portsmouth origanal colour was pink kits shamefull ok next one from which club did fulham sign kit symons  and malcolm macdonald not the same team ?
    Posted by sara36dd08
    malcolm macdonald arsenal?
  • edited August 2010
    Kit Symonds WENT to Palace from Fulham, don't know where we got him from, no-one big dont think!!
    Know he does loads of charity/ community work still with club, a lovely bloke!!

Malcolm Mcdonalds FIRST club was defo Fulham, so did he come from non-league? Met Malcolm couple of months ago at a 'Roger Brown' benifit, been very ill,   all 82 squad was there [cept Paul parker, stuck in  HONG KONG], Gale, Strong, Davies, Houghton, Lewington, Coney etc. about 20 players all together, & only bout 60 supporters, so was very intimate, everyone stayed about 3/4 hours for a lite Buffet & drinks lol. A Top  guy from sky bet was there think he was Dean Coneys mate, told him i was gonna win the WSOP one day!! lol
    Any way it raised loads  of money, and it was great to see the cameraderie of the squad nearly 30 years later!!

Footballers nowadays could learn a great life lesson from 'My' squad, still today they are my favorites, was 16 when watching them, and respect totally the way they conducted theirselves when a 'brother' had difficulties!

COYW's
  • edited August 2010
    Ah SuperMac. Always fondly remembered on Tyneside.

Sad that the morals of a lot of players in the game have declined.........
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : A guess, some yellow, like the Badge maybe? leave that to someone else Saw this table in a paper today, was quite surprised, try & put it in order, no cheating!! 'European Leagues with highest attendances last season' 1,  13.1 million ............. 2,  12.9 million ............. 3,  11    million ............. 4,    9.9 million ............. 5,    9.1 million ............. 6,    7.6 million ............. The leagues in question being, [ in alpha order ] Bundesliga  -  Germany La Liga       -  Spain Ligue 1       -  France Premiersip  -  England Seria A       -  Italy         PLUS ONE MORE...which surprised me, but not when I thought about it!! Have a go to put them in order, no cheating!!! PS check out THE GRIND sat 8pm, gonna be a right Donk on, chucking chips like confetti!!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Is 6 Russia?
  • edited August 2010
  • edited August 2010
    it might be the championship, just think of the stadiums in that league last year, newcastle, both sheffield clubs, middlesborough, etc etc.
  • edited August 2010
    it might be the championship, just think of the stadiums in that league last year, newcastle, both sheffield clubs, middlesborough, etc etc.
    Posted by Patching99
    Russia NO
    Turkey NO

mmmm interesting Patch!! But you three stop being lazy copy & paste your guess for all 6 in order please,
    I Hate it when good work is overlooked lol, ty

Talking of which, and blowing a trumpet, please check out Donuts thread
    'ramblings of a madman', bout 2/3 weeks ago, couple of works of 'art' in there, & only emilyegg had spotted them up to now, [ty Rob].................Well, go on NOW!! What do you think of my masterpiece, Darlings lol!!
  • edited August 2010
    1,  13.1 million .............Bundesliga  -  Germany
    2,  12.9 million .............Premiersip  -  England
    3,  11    million .............La Liga       -  Spain
    4,    9.9 million .............Ligue 1       -  France
    5,    9.1 million .............Championship - England
    6,    7.6 million .............Seria A       -  Italy   

I remember hearing somewhere that the German league was in good shape in terms of cash and attendances so think they are first.  Other than that i'm guessing.
  • edited August 2010
    Thats a great effort Patch!! Pretty close!!

SARAH!!! Where's your effort!!
  • edited August 2010
    impressive if the Championship was in the top 6.
  • edited August 2010
    1,  13.1 million .............Bundesliga  -  Germany 2,  12.9 million .............Premiersip  -  England 3,  11    million .............La Liga       -  Spain 4,    9.9 million .............Ligue 1       -  France 5,    9.1 million .............Championship - England 6,    7.6 million .............Seria A       -  Italy    I remember hearing somewhere that the German league was in good shape in terms of cash and attendances so think they are first.  Other than that i'm guessing.
    Posted by Patching99
    france has gotta be bottom so i make it bundesliga premiership la liga championship seria a ligue 1
  • edited August 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : france has gotta be bottom so i make it bundesliga premiership la liga championship seria a ligue 1
    Posted by lucy4
    Very Close, must be honest been practicin ma bluffin & disguise skillls, goin bed now will let you no defo answer  mid mornin from work tomorrow............

any more guesses?.........

The Anticipation............. Nite all lol
  • edited August 2010
    bundesliga
    la liga
    premiership
    championship
    seria a
    ligue 1

How about spain being second, the Nou Camp is worth about 3 prem stadiums?
  • edited August 2010
     Right to put it to bed, and out of my misery, the answer is below
    Well done to Lucy4 for nailing it,

When I saw the table in a paper, i thought, I can make that into a question worthy of 'Sarah's Sports Quiz'
    THEN...... A lil' Devil got it right STRAIGHT AWAY FFS!! So I was 'forced' to pull off a week long 'Bluff' to draw more in and drag out..... SORRY PEOPLE LOL ....please forgive me!!!!

'European Leagues with highest attendances last season'?

1,  13.1 million .............
    2,  12.9 million .............
    3,  11    million .............
    4,    9.9 million .............
    5,    9.1 million .............
    6,    7.6 million .............    THE ANSWER WAS.........

1. Bundesliga
    2. Premiership
    3. La Liga
    4. Coca Cola Championship !!!
    5. Serie A
    6. Ligue 1

Well done to QDMCGRAW     Who actually got it right within about an hour!!! lol!! If you didna cheat or see the same article as me, Brilliant guess sir! But I think I will EAT mi PINK SUIT if that is the case!!!!!!
  • edited August 2010

WHAT A LIL' LIAR POKER HAS MADE ME!!LOL

Re: saras sports quiz

posted at 30/7/2010 2:35 PM BST on SkyPoker.com

First: 11/6/2010
    Last: 30/7/2010
    1. Bundesliga
    2. Premiership
    3. La Liga
    4. Coca Cola Championship?
    5. Serie A
    6. Ligue 1
    Posts from HITMAN_RV are Hidden Stop Ignoring HITMAN_RV

Re: saras sports quiz

posted at 30/7/2010 7:58 PM BST on SkyPoker.com

First: 30/6/2009
    Last: 4/8/2010
    1. Bundesliga 2. Premiership 3. La Liga 4. Coca Cola Championship? 5. Serie A 6. Ligue 1
    Posted by QDMCGRAW

No ul, will let other people have a go before i correct you!! lol