You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

saras sports quiz

Comments

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz:
    I will try 3 guesses Kenny Daglish Bryan Robson Kevin Keegan
    Posted by micky6chin
    nope a clue not english
  • edited September 2010
  • edited September 2010
  • edited September 2010

Johan Cruff
  • edited September 2010
    Rummenigge
    Posted by harding10
    correct well done

ok next

name the firms for the following clubs

portsmouth

millwall

west ham united

ok off you go
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to saras sports quiz:
    hi if any off you want can start a sports quiz i have hundreads of questions from easy to well hard lol ok first one nice and easy who scored the first ever premiership goal part 2 who scored the first ever televised premiership goal
    Posted by sara36dd08[

Thats an easy one

1. Brain Dean
    2. Teddy Sheringham for the not so mighty now forest lol
  • edited September 2010
    Maurice Malpas
  • edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : correct well done ok next name the firms for the following clubs portsmouth millwall west ham united ok off you go
    Posted by sara36dd08
    Pompey - 657 crew
    Millwall - Bush wackers
    West Ham - I.C.F

• edited September 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : Pompey - 657 crew Millwall - Bush wackers West Ham - I.C.F
    Posted by MAXALLY
    correct max i had millwall down a the surgeons

easy one now

name the tv presenter who supprots portsmouth?

only reason i sat surgeons is met millwall at waterloo station one saturday on a train up from portsmouth to play millwall was not a pretty picture lol

was fun
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : correct max i had millwall down a the surgeons easy one now name the tv presenter who supprots portsmouth? only reason i sat surgeons is met millwall at waterloo station one saturday on a train up from portsmouth to play millwall was not a pretty picture lol was fun
    Posted by sara36dd08
    Millwall always had an older firm, on the half-way line 'TREATMENT' ,& F-Troop as well if i remember rite, I was a mere nipper then, LOL!!

YEAH Portsmouth 657 crew, named after the 6.57am train to Waterloo, Lolol those were the days!!!! Talkin proper football supporters HAHA, Not your middle class corparate 'prawn sandwich' brigade!!

At Fulham, I would look up to 'The Thamesbank Travellers' LOLOL, we were always outnumbered!!

Not to glorify such nonsense, but LOOK OUT Premiership if QPR get there!! As a Fulham supporter raised in Shep Bush, know they have always been on the fringe of 'notoriety', have many good friends amongst superhoops, but think they may grab some headlines over coming year or so in more ways than one!!
  • edited October 2010
    I think this could be moved to the shed pretty quickly but while its here........... who scored the first ever premiership goal                                        argh, can't remember his name but the team was Sheffield Utd I think!
    Posted by DiggerMan
    brian deane
  • edited October 2010
    Nobody who ever bumped into the I.C.F. forgot them.   LOL.
  • edited October 2010

ok hitman promised you a fulham question

who kept goal for fulham and portsmouth?

• edited October 2010
    ok hitman promised you a fulham question who kept goal for fulham and portsmouth?
    Posted by sara36dd08
    Stevie Wonder??....lol lol lol.

(sorry hitman, couldn't resist!....love you man)
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : Stevie Wonder??....lol lol lol. (sorry hitman, couldn't resist!....love you man)
    Posted by MAXALLY
    LOL Max, maybe in the bad old days!! Don't know but first thing thatjumped into my mind was Perry Digwweed??
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : LOL Max, maybe in the bad old days!! Don't know but first thing thatjumped into my mind was Perry Digwweed??
    Posted by HITMAN_RV

nope keep trying hit
  • edited October 2010
    Tony Lange played in goal for fulham and portsmouth.

Started his career at my team Charlton Athletic in the early 80's
  • edited October 2010
    Tony Lange played in goal for fulham and portsmouth. Started his career at my team Charlton Athletic in the early 80's
    Posted by bigbiker22
    Hi Steve, Well played for the REDZ!!

Blimey, Tony Lange not even heard of him, he must have played during one of my periods of 'non-clarity' lol

lets see keepers.................

Tony Macedo[ Gibraltor, funny pub storey bout him, another time]..... McClleland...Peter Mellor [75facup lol] ...Gerry Peyton..Perry Digweed...........Gaps while i was off playin, [with]meself.........Maik Taylor...... Edwin VDS... Jaroslv Drobny... Dave Beasant [1/2 games]....Antti Niemi...... TONY WARNER!! MAYBE!!...... Mark Crossley.... Batistuta ...... Mark Schwarzer....David Stockdale

Dont Know!! mabe missed him meybe Warner or Niemmi!!
  • edited October 2010
    Antti Niemi for the win.

He was a god at Hearts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9tmiRGziZs
  • edited October 2010
    Antti Niemi for the win. He was a god at Hearts. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9tmiRGziZs
    Posted by emilyegg

LOLOLOLO ROB!!!!! That talksport phone call is brilliant, on Houghton i think, they used to replay it regular!!
    Do you reckon it was a wind-up or just came out like that!!

Anyway, Old Portsmouth mate just phoned me, by co-incidence, had texed him bout week ago on the presenter question......Big Terry...says he 657, lol, certainly ugly & mad enuf, got big 657 flag too, goes up & down M3 waving it at cars with southampton stickers!! lol!!

Back to questions, he said Niemi was ther last year didna no that!!
    Also he said, on the presenter question and i quote.................

..........               " -U-K my ol Boots Dave, that could be any of three geezeers"

so I say,             "What, you sure"

He says              " Yeah!! either Tommy Boyd or Mick Robertson, who looks like Brian May, both on kiddies  show  'Magpie', both pompey nutters"  

I say,                " U Sure, u not winding me up, cause i gotta post this on mi poker site"

He assures me,  " straight up, on mi life Bruv, Or could be Fred Dinage from 'How', all 657 members"

I am now laffing, " stop pulling mi plonker Terry!!!

he replies,          " No I aint mate, honest as a chicken has got lips!!"

Me shocked,        " WHAT ARE U ON ABOUT NOW!!  U MAD MUDDA"

and I slam the phone down, or i be there all day!!

My plonker feels pulled, Was IT ????
  • edited October 2010
    ok i was going for peter mellor

yes as it seams there are a few

ok next

ok which club got knocked out of the 1999/2000 fa cup twice and why?

• edited October 2010
    ok i was going for peter mellor yes as it seams there are a few ok next ok which club got knocked out of the 1999/2000 fa cup twice and why?
    Posted by sara36dd08
    Sheffield United. Lost against Arsenal but one of the goals was scored unfairly so Arsenal agreed to a rematch which they won again.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : Sheffield United. Lost against Arsenal but one of the goals was scored unfairly so Arsenal agreed to a rematch which they won again.
    Posted by QDMCGRAW
    sorry wrong was my first answer as well but no keep trying
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : sorry wrong was my first answer as well but no keep trying
    Posted by sara36dd08
    Technically i'm right. The other one was Darlington who got knocked out in the 2nd round but were made lucky losers after Man Utd opted to play in the World Club Championship.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : Technically i'm right. The other one was Darlington who got knocked out in the 2nd round but were made lucky losers after Man Utd opted to play in the World Club Championship.
    Posted by QDMCGRAW
    correct

ok next

which player has appeared and scored the most goals for watford?
  • edited October 2010
    Luther Blisset for the win?
  • edited October 2010
    Posted by emilyegg
    correct

ok next

why are sheffied wednesday called the owls?
  • edited October 2010
    Posted by emilyegg
    After spending one season in Italy playing for A.C. Milan his one complaint was "No matter how much money you have here, you can't seem to get Rice Krispies."

There have been some great quotes throughout the history of time but for me that takes some beating.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : After spending one season in Italy playing for A.C. Milan his one complaint was "No matter how much money you have here, you can't seem to get Rice Krispies." There have been some great quotes throughout the history of time but for me that takes some beating.
    Posted by QDMCGRAW
    LOL, Never heard that one before, What A Classic!!!!!

Luther Blisset & Rice Krispies for the win!!!!!
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: saras sports quiz : correct ok next why are sheffied wednesday called the owls?
    Posted by sara36dd08
    Is it anything do to with AceBarry being a night owl and a fan???