You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Official Viva Las Vegas Thread

Comments

• edited March 2010
    i just fancied playin m8, i managed to bust 3rd hand in!lol
  • edited March 2010

Here's next Sunday's Final line-up, as it stands, with one week to go.

Right now, it's one £10k package, & £3,000 to the runner-up, but the numbers will increrase by next Sunday, & it'll be close to 2 packages I imagine.

blueeyepet5000

ChypTrycks5000

CoxyLboro5000

Direwolf5000

docherty015000

MADPATDOTC5000

mickjenn15000

penguin75000

sara36dd085000

ScottMo15000

Sparce5000

TheSaw5000

w4rlock5000
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: The Official Viva Las Vegas Thread:
    There are some 'bad boys' on this site (I'm probably one of them). Will they still get the red carpet treatment if they happen to go to Vegas?
    Posted by BigBluster
    We all have differences of opinion now & then Bluster. That does not make anyone necessarily "bad" or "good".

EVERY player who goes to Vegas with Sky Poker will be equally treated - equally well-treated.

For a poker player, a Trip to Vegas - paid for by someone else - is the trip of a lifetime, & nobody should waste a single second of it on "afters".
  • edited March 2010
    Tikay does the winners guest have to be over the age of 21 to?
  • edited March 2010
    Nah i wouldn't think so but they would get id'ed to get into the poker room / drinks if they don't look 21.

Last year I got tagged going into the poker convention centre !! talk about being embarrassed
  • edited March 2010
    Nah i wouldn't think so but they would get id'ed to get into the poker room / drinks if they don't look 21. Last year I got tagged going into the poker convention centre !! talk about being embarrassed
    Posted by Nutter5932

Many people would be thrilled to be considered to look under the age of 21.    :-)))
  • edited March 2010
    Do they ban the over 81s? Best take a passport.
  • edited April 2010
    As the updates seem to have dried up, and I want to see my name in lights. Here's the list so far for Sunday's 5pm semi...
    ALBOB2500  
    aussie092500  
    bullmonk072500  
    CALSO2500  
    chepstow2500  
    DAVEYZZ2500  
    Eyeman2500  
    FLYHALFDOC2500  
    FREELANCER2500  
    HENK28532500  
    hurstshank2500  
    jazzyj2500  
    JPK0072500  
    kevcoke692500  
    Knighty982500  
    LEGENDERRY2500  
    louisville2500  
    mabbac2500  
    rosjim12500

scotty772500  
    SoLack2500  
    stiffle7182500  
    tallboy2500  
    themackem2500  
    winner56032500  
    yeababy692500  
  • edited April 2010
    Tikay does the winners guest have to be over the age of 21 to?
    Posted by BrownnDog
    Hi Lewis,

I'm not sure, to be honest. But if they were south of 21, they would not be able to play poker, or gamble, in Las Vegas, due to State of Nevada Laws.

See you tomorrow, in Nottingham.
  • edited April 2010
    As the updates seem to have dried up, and I want to see my name in lights. Here's the list so far for Sunday's 5pm semi... ALBOB 2500     aussie09 2500     bullmonk07 2500     CALSO 2500     chepstow 2500     DAVEYZZ 2500     Eyeman 2500     FLYHALFDOC 2500     FREELANCER 2500     HENK2853 2500     hurstshank 2500     jazzyj 2500     JPK007 2500     kevcoke69 2500     Knighty98 2500     LEGENDERRY 2500     louisville 2500     mabbac 2500     rosjim1 2500         scotty77 2500     SoLack 2500     stiffle718 2500     tallboy 2500     themackem 2500     winner5603 2500     yeababy69 2500    
    Posted by Eyeman
    Hi Eye,

Congrats on getting in the Semi.

Updates dried up? Blame me for that - I have had a very busy week, & I've just not had time, sorry.

Normal Service will be resumed very shortly. ;)

Good Luck on Sunday.
  • edited April 2010

Nudged by Eyeman, here's the scores on the doors as at Friday Lunchtime.

There are so far 27 in Sunday's Semi-Final, as per the list he Posted above, with TWO more Quarter-Finals still to come, being today (Friday) & tomorrow, Saturday.

So that should bring the number up to about 40, which equals 4 seats into the Final, plus, quite possibly, any direct buy-ins.

As of now, Sunday's FINAL has 13 runners, with, assuming 40 for the Semi, & NO direct buy-ins, will mean 17 Runners. That would be one £10,000 Package, & £7,000 for 2nd. Several high-rollers have told me they may buy direct into the Semi &/or Final, so there is still a squeak that it will make 20 runners, & thus TWO x £10,000 Packages.

Dan Brown has already nabbed his package, & either 1 or two will be getting 'plane tickets after Sunday, and there will be two more Monthly VLV Finals, one for April, & one for May.

So the Sky Poker Raiding party to Vegas this year looks like being between 4 & 7 players, which is spot-on, it means the players can be properly looked after, & will form, let's hope, a nice bond, & Railing Team, for each other.

Here's Sunday's 13 Finalists as of now, with others to be added after the Semi.

blueeyepet5000ChypTrycks5000CoxyLboro5000Direwolf5000docherty015000MADPATDOTC5000mickjenn15000penguin75000sara36dd085000ScottMo15000Sparce5000TheSaw5000w4rlock5000
  • edited April 2010

I have a few days off now, not back until Monday, &  plan to play some Live Poker in Luton & Nottingham over the three days.

But if I suffer a early exit on Sunday, I'll run a Live Update of the Sunday's Final on the Forum.

I gather that Posh-Ling, who is Producing Sunday evening's Live TV Show, will be heavily featuring the VLV Final, too.
  • edited April 2010
    Correct me if I'm mistaken re: the gender of Sara36DD08 (I'm assuming that Sara is a she) but it's welcoming to see that not all our finalists are hairy 4rsed ruffians of the male variety. Without 'dissing' the guys it would make another first for sky to take a lady player out to vegas (Their could be a slogan here   'SKY...FIRST FOR FIRSTS!
  • edited April 2010
    Correct me if I'm mistaken re: the gender of Sara36DD08 (I'm assuming that Sara is a she) but it's welcoming to see that not all our finalists are hairy 4rsed ruffians of the male variety. Without 'dissing' the guys it would make another first for sky to take a lady player out to vegas (Their could be a slogan here   'SKY...FIRST FOR FIRSTS!
    Posted by bobcat52
    As you asked so nicely, then OK, I'm obliged to accept your kind invitation to correct you if you are mistaken.

I cannot comment on whether Sara36DD08's has vigorous follicle growth from the epedermic area, composed as it is of terminally differentiated stratified squamous epitheliumbut, (and note that the suffix is "but", that's one "t" not two), though I think it's fair to say that Sara is equipped with the type of appendage usually associated with the male of the species.
  • edited April 2010
    There are some very strange people on here Tikay me old mate.......and I don't just mean the presenters!
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: The Official Viva Las Vegas Thread : As you asked so nicely, then OK, I'm obliged to accept your kind invitation to correct you if you are mistaken. I cannot comment on whether Sara36DD08's has vigorous follicle growth from the epedermic area, composed as it is of terminally differentiated stratified squamous epitheliumbut, (and note that the suffix is "but", that's one "t" not two), though I think it's fair to say that Sara is equipped with the type of appendage usually associated with the male of the species.
    Posted by Tikay10
    ohhhhhhhhhhh tikay you let the cat out the bag

mind you i think ed did when he picked me for his short list for tp when he called me by my real name lol

and the guys i met in manchester and luton at the spts that were supurb thank you

hope to see you in vegas our if not nottingham

yes sara36dd is a guy!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited April 2010
    ALL THE BEST TO EVERYONE TONIGHT     OFF ON THE ALE TO WATCH THE MIGHTY REDS    YES I DO MEAN LIVERPOOL  WONT BE CAPABLE TO POST LATER    LOL      MET MICKJENN IN LUTON SOUND FELLA  SO ALL THE BEST TO HIM
  • edited April 2010
    Who is going to be brave enough to go all in first ! Good luck to you all, also who's got in the cheapest ie lowest satelite
  • edited April 2010
    Great TVTHIS is how the TP event should have been finished

Keep Smiling
    HAL_9000
  • edited April 2010
    EXCELENT RESULT VERY WELL PLAYED  PENGUIN 7 AND JAZZY J UNLUCKY HITMAN AND BLUEYEPET GOOD LUCK IN VEGAS BABY 
  • edited April 2010
    Pure TV entertainment, very well done everyone and congrats to PENGUIN 7 AND JAZZY J.
  • edited April 2010
    Was a great great tourny and many congrats to penguin and jazzy but well done to all who took part.dav
  • edited April 2010
    Yeah well done, was a great watch.
  • edited April 2010
    Hi All

Can anybody tell me who won the tournament last night and qualified for Vegas?

Regards

202Squard
  • edited April 2010
    In Response to Re: The Official Viva Las Vegas Thread:
    Hi All Can anybody tell me who won the tournament last night and qualified for Vegas? Regards 202Squard
    Posted by 202squard

1st Jazzyj Vegas package2nd Penguin7 Vegas package (had KK busted on last hand that would have been interesting if it had held but nothing to play for)3rd Blueyepet £3,000

Keep SmilingHAL_9000 
  • edited April 2010

We are off!

Two qualifiers now, Penguin7 & JazzyJ.

There wll be two more VLV Finals, one for April, & one for May. The qualification journey for the April Final has already begun, & the first Quarter-Final will be tonight at 9pm, which will feed into this Sunday's Semi.

As at 6.45pm, tonight's Q-F has 25 runners, & looks a hot Quarter, too, with some tidy players already reg'd.

If you want to be on that 747 with Jazzy & Penguin - Dan Brown too - now is the time to start qualifying.

Good Luck.
  • edited April 2010
    well done jazzy & penguin....don't forget to get those passports ready! wonder how many will qualify for it this year...maybe we should open a book......
  • edited April 2010
    Hi just wanna say well done to izabel and winner and the others who qualified for the next final last night,unlucky flash flood who bubbled but got a very nice cash payout .very unlucky dylan 12 chin up mate.
  • edited April 2010
    Hi just wanna say well done to izabel and winner and the others who qualified for the next final last night,unlucky flash flood who bubbled but got a very nice cash payout .very unlucky dylan 12 chin up mate.
    Posted by FINS
    oh tyvm finns see u at the tables later
  • edited April 2010
    We are off! Two qualifiers now, Penguin7 & JazzyJ. There wll be two more VLV Finals, one for April, & one for May. The qualification journey for the April Final has already begun, & the first Quarter-Final will be tonight at 9pm, which will feed into this Sunday's Semi. As at 6.45pm, tonight's Q-F has 25 runners, & looks a hot Quarter, too, with some tidy players already reg'd. If you want to be on that 747 with Jazzy & Penguin - Dan Brown too - now is the time to start qualifying. Good Luck.
    Posted by Tikay10
    really fancied me chances last nite was playing so well early on then all went wrong,not sure what to do now either have another go at the semi cause i paid straight in to it,or try to satalite,really want this but doesnt look like its going to happen for me