You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Official Viva Las Vegas Thread

123457»

Comments

• edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: The Official Viva Las Vegas Thread:
    Hi All,           Still on cloud 9, and it still hasn't sunk in - how can I be going to play in the main event? I'm just an enthusiastic amateur who's still learning. I'm in my second flush of youth, so I'm going out there to have a great time and will take it a day at a time.           Nervous? you bet, but I could never believe in my wildest dreams that I would ever sit down with the poker greats, or even an A list celeb, but Sky Poker has made that dream come true, where else could you get passed less than 100 great players and be on a plane to Vegas; It's mad, but bring it on!!         Thanks for all your good wishes, and sorry to the guys that didn't quite make it, and remember if a girl like me can do it - anyone can; keep believing. One again thanks to all and God don't let me wake up Cheers Sue
    Posted by kidgirlgy
    Congratulations and welcome onboard. Vegas here we come :)
  • edited June 2010
    Congrats to everyone and best of luck

Im well jealous didnt attempt to get there this year, wish i did now! lol

Have fun
  • edited June 2010
    Congrats to everyone and best of luck Im well jealous didnt attempt to get there this year, wish i did now! lol Have fun
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
     Hi Young Gun

TY. I am sure we will all have some fun.

Sue
  • edited June 2010
    Many congrats Sue! Wishing you loads of luck. Have fun.
  • edited June 2010

well done sue..... how good is that?

• edited June 2010
    Many congrats Sue! Wishing you loads of luck. Have fun.
    Posted by TiaDalma

TY Tia

I am sure I will have lots of fun.

Sue
  • edited June 2010
    well done sue..... how good is that?
    Posted by aussie09

TY Aussie

It was great playing in such a good tournament.

Sue
  • edited June 2010

Congratulations SUE!......very well done.

Now go and enjoy your Las Vegas experience and remember you have the full backing of us all on the Sky Poker Forum (albeit, slightly jealous).

I am sure that you will be well looked after and I can vouch for 3 of your party who I have met myself.
    Dan (he of Total Player fame) was the 1st person to greet me when I went down to Luton and as it was my 1st ever live event, I was humbled that he was so down to earth and a top bloke!

Tony (of the penguin variety) is a very very nice man who I have met at Luton and Nottingham.

Tikay (of the ask me anything brigade) will make your trip a memorable one as long as you don't ask about trains or planes or ducks!

What I am trying to say is just go out and ENJOY it no matter what. It will be even sweeter if you cash big time aswell so best of luck to you and the rest of the crew and I look forward to reading your updates of your games on here (STILL JEALOUS THOUGH, lol)

Alan
  • edited June 2010
    Kinda dawning on me today just how close I got :-( A nice consolation though is that there are some top guys (and girls) going over there to represent us all. I hope you all go deep and come back with your pockets filled!

Still learning a lot about this great game but have had a decent start to my first few months on Skypoker. I'm getting more confident in my game and I will play the main event one day I'm sure! Hopefully catch up with some of you at the Coventry SPT. Only down the road from me! :-)

Darren
  • edited June 2010

Congratulations SUE!......very well done. Now go and enjoy your Las Vegas experience and remember you have the full backing of us all on the Sky Poker Forum (albeit, slightly jealous). I am sure that you will be well looked after and I can vouch for 3 of your party who I have met myself. Dan (he of Total Player fame) was the 1st person to greet me when I went down to Luton and as it was my 1st ever live event, I was humbled that he was so down to earth and a top bloke! Tony (of the penguin variety) is a very very nice man who I have met at Luton and Nottingham. Tikay (of the ask me anything brigade) will make your trip a memorable one as long as you don't ask about trains or planes or ducks! What I am trying to say is just go out and ENJOY it no matter what. It will be even sweeter if you cash big time aswell so best of luck to you and the rest of the crew and I look forward to reading your updates of your games on here (STILL JEALOUS THOUGH, lol) Alan
    Posted by MAXALLY
    TY Alan

Sue

• edited June 2010
    Congrats Sue.  All the best in Vegas :)
  • edited June 2010
    Well done Sue. Last year Ben Nutter, This year Sue, both from Grimsby. It seems we Grimbarians can do something well (obviously football isn't one of them)

Go get em girl
  • edited June 2010
    Congrats Sue.  All the best in Vegas :)
    Posted by phil12uk
    Hi Phil

Ty for your best wishes.

Sue
  • edited June 2010
    Well done Sue. Last year Ben Nutter, This year Sue, both from Grimsby. It seems we Grimbarians can do something well (obviously football isn't one of them) Go get em girl
    Posted by labrat64
    Hi Labrat

It must be some thing in the air in Grimsby.   "FISH"   LOL

TY

Sue
  • edited June 2010
    Many congratulations, Sue. Can't wait to hear Norm & Lon commentating on your table :-D
    Mega result!
  • edited June 2010
    Many congratulations, Sue. Can't wait to hear Norm & Lon commentating on your table :-D Mega result!
    Posted by NoseyBonk
     Hi nosey

Looking forward to winning1 hand />  LOL.

TY for the Congrats.

Sue
  • edited June 2010
    In Response to Re: The Official Viva Las Vegas Thread : Hi Labrat It must be some thing in the air in Grimsby.   "FISH"   LOL TY Sue
    Posted by kidgirlgy
    Think you must be right there with the fish Sue. Since moving to wales my poker skills seem to have deserted me. guess me or STOXY will have to go for the hat-trick of codheads next year lol
  • edited June 2010
    Congratulations SUE!......very well done. Now go and enjoy your Las Vegas experience and remember you have the full backing of us all on the Sky Poker Forum (albeit, slightly jealous). I am sure that you will be well looked after and I can vouch for 3 of your party who I have met myself. Dan (he of Total Player fame) was the 1st person to greet me when I went down to Luton and as it was my 1st ever live event, I was humbled that he was so down to earth and a top bloke! Tony (of the penguin variety) is a very very nice man who I have met at Luton and Nottingham. Tikay (of the ask me anything brigade) will make your trip a memorable one as long as you don't ask about trains or planes or ducks! What I am trying to say is just go out and ENJOY it no matter what. It will be even sweeter if you cash big time aswell so best of luck to you and the rest of the crew and I look forward to reading your updates of your games on here (STILL JEALOUS THOUGH, lol) Alan
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Hi Alan
    Ty for your good wishes.
    Sue
  • edited June 2010
    Welcome to the Vegas crew, Sue. I am away working in deepest Bavaria, and have had no internet access for about a week. Just catching up with the news, and gotta say a huge well done to you.

Look forward to meeting you in a few weeks

Tony
  • edited June 2010
    Welcome to the Vegas crew, Sue. I am away working in deepest Bavaria, and have had no internet access for about a week. Just catching up with the news, and gotta say a huge well done to you. Look forward to meeting you in a few weeks Tony
    Posted by penguin7
    Hi Tony

TY for your good wishes.  Will need plenty of sun tan lotion in Vegas.  Triple digit days in July. Very, Very hot.
    See you then.

Sue
  • edited June 2010
    A very well done and a great performance i must say, i hope you have a great time there, its all its cracked up to , may even bump into you and the guys, anyway thats it from me and all the best in the BIG 1 to the sky poker team. 
  • edited June 2010
    A very well done and a great performance i must say, i hope you have a great time there, its all its cracked up to , may even bump into you and the guys, anyway thats it from me and all the best in the BIG 1 to the sky poker team. 
    Posted by iklejack

hi iklejack

Thank you for your message.  I am sure we will have a great time.

TY

Sue
  • edited June 2010
    it was an awesome display sue, i think your gonna do sky proud, i will be going over to play the main event only and am gonna make a point of coming finding you all so i can shake your,

regards

steve
  • edited June 2010
    it was an awesome display sue, i think your gonna do sky proud, i will be going over to play the main event only and am gonna make a point of coming finding you all so i can shake your, regards steve
    Posted by budgirl
    Hi Steve

Good luck in Vegas.  I shall look forward to meeting you.

Sue
  • edited June 2010
    Not clever enough to put a link on here but just posted a pre vegas blog
  • edited June 2010
    penguin7's blog is here.
  • edited June 2010
    penguin7's blog is here .
    Posted by MereNovice
    Thanks for putting up the link, Vince.

Only surprise was that it did take you all of 16 minutes !
  • edited June 2010
    Good luck to all the Vegas players, I hope that you ALL run deep
  • edited July 2010
    good luck sue tony and all the rest who went with you 2 vegas . have a great time and win loadsssssssss of money. xx anjie