You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Official Viva Las Vegas Thread

Comments

• edited May 2010

Finally, for now, the players already qualified via Sky Poker are all safely paid in & registered for the WSOP Main Event.

As you may know, there are FOUR opening days, or "flights" as they call them, this year, being named, with great originality, Days 1a, 1b, 1c, 7 1d.

Ia will be July 5th, 1b July 6th, 1c July 7th, & 1d July 8th.

The Day 1a & 1c survivors will play Day 2b on July 9th, & the survivors from Day 1b & 1d will play their Day Two on July 10th.

July 11th will be a Rest Day, with Day Three, when the Day 2a & 2b survivors will combine into a single flight, being July 12th.

The days booked for each player (they are all paid in & registered) are as follows.

Day 1a - Darren (LUFC1982).

Day 1b - Dan. (DanTB10).

Day 1c - Paul Rumboll (JazzyJ) & Tony Stroud (penguin7).

Day 1d - todays VLV winner.

So there it is, & by spreading what days they play, Attila & I in Vegas will be able to bring you interviews with them all to camera, a running a Forum Live Update on every single day, blogs, tweets, the full works, & we can give all of them the best possible coverage.

So, just one more name to go on that list. ;)
  • edited May 2010
    gla tonight!  Hopefully we can get 11+ runners and riders to create a little kitty for 2nd.
  • edited May 2010
    Good luck tonight
  • edited May 2010
    Wow, that's great news for Direwolf, the deal sounds very fair to me, the more in the Sky Poker party going to Vegas the merrier IMO.

Good luck to all trying to win the final seat(s) tonight.
  • edited May 2010
    Congrats Dire and gl for all tonight
  • edited May 2010

I see Sky Poker legend Will Brewin just bought in direct for tonights final.... that field isn't getting any easier.. I'm in the 4pm semi, just hoping I get a sho at it.. good luck to everyone else in the semi and final
  • edited May 2010
    Good luck to all the finalists!!!
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: The Official Viva Las Vegas Thread:
    gla tonight!  Hopefully we can get 11+ runners and riders to create a little kitty for 2nd.
    Posted by cottlad
    With 40 minutes to go, there are 13 registered, so the £10,000 package to the Winner, plus £3,000 to the runner-up. There may yet be more direct buy-ins, too, so yes, there's a nice consolation prize for 2nd.
  • edited May 2010
    Gl all!! Wasn't sure about entering this all week but concluded that BRM has to go out the window when going for hatricks :D
  • edited May 2010
    Gl all!! Wasn't sure about entering this all week but concluded that BRM has to go out the window when going for hatricks :D
    Posted by pokerbcity
    GL m8!!
  • edited May 2010
    Well done  to Kidgirlgy on Vegas win..  enjoy :)  

James Hartigan and Lisa Marie ..you  made the show ..Brilliant to watch
  • edited May 2010
    Hey guys. Just about come down from a draining day! Qualifed through a quarter final during the week and have slogged it out from 4pm today. Was chip leader pretty much throughout the final and was delighted how I played. Wasnt meant to be at the end sadly. It may be a blessing in disguise as I have a 5 month old son and leaving him behind for 2 weeks wouldn't have been easy! Congratulations to everyone who has qualified for Vegas! Hope to see you all over there next year maybe!

Darren
    AKA swordsyboy
  • edited May 2010
    Very well done.
  • edited May 2010
    very well played mate coin toss at the end

took it like a gent
  • edited May 2010
    Quality response Darren.....good luck in the future
  • edited May 2010
  • edited May 2010
    Hey guys. Just about come down from a draining day! Qualifed through a quarter final during the week and have slogged it out from 4pm today. Was chip leader pretty much throughout the final and was delighted how I played. Wasnt meant to be at the end sadly. It may be a blessing in disguise as I have a 5 month old son and leaving him behind for 2 weeks wouldn't have been easy! Congratulations to everyone who has qualified for Vegas! Hope to see you all over there next year maybe! Darren AKA swordsyboy
    Posted by swordsyboy

Hi Darren,

It was a great experience, you played very well, your aggression was difficult to read at times, and it was no surprize it came down to a coin flip, and I'm sure you can do it next year.  Will try to do The Sky poker community proud, and at least get to the first break(lol) in Vegas.

Great game:  Sue AKA  KidgirlGY ( ie from GrimsbY)

Nite Nite
  • edited May 2010
    Love the community aspect @ sky. I have sat up all night railing the viva las vegas and it is amazing to see such great players battle for the 10k package. Congrats to you kidgirlgy, it was a great tourni to watch.

Good luck to all the team going to Vegas. I have just got back and for those that love poker it is AMAZING.

• edited May 2010
    I've just finished watching my Sky+ recording of last nights show, it was very tense stuff, thrilling to watch, I had to avoid the forum until now in case I saw a spoiler. 

Massive congratulations to Sue for taking on and beating such a strong field. 2010 is becoming a great year for female poker players, I'm sure you'll have a brilliant time in Vegas.

Wishing the very best of luck to all 6 Sky player who'll be jetting off to Vegas, I'm really looking to following your progress via this forum, Tikay's tweets and ch 865.
  • edited May 2010
    Very well played
    and congrats
    watched most of the final table
    All played very very well
    gl in vegas

gadge
  • edited May 2010
    In Response to Re: The Official Viva Las Vegas Thread : Hi Darren,               It was a great experience, you played very well, your aggression was difficult to read at times, and it was no surprize it came down to a coin flip, and I'm sure you can do it next year.  Will try to do The Sky poker community proud, and at least get to the first break(lol) in Vegas. Great game:  Sue AKA  KidgirlGY ( ie from GrimsbY) Nite Nite
    Posted by kidgirlgy
    Congratulations Sue!

Can you check your Sky Poker PM's please - I need to talk to you as soon as possible, & I have sent you my contact details.

Thanks.

PS - See you at McCarron Airport, Las Vegas, Nevada County, on the afternoon of July 2nd! Oh, & a word of warning - it will be blisteringly hot out there. 
  • edited May 2010

The full result of the Viva Las Vegas Final last night was as follows. Spectacular stuff it was too. Will Brewin made a real hero-call for his Tourney life at one stage, but then got busted in a real purler, when he went for it with A-Q v Q-J - & the flop came A-K-10!

But the structure was splendid, & there can be no arguing with the result, so well done all, but especially Sue, aka "kidgirlgy".

Big up, too, to FERGIE, who led for so long, only to be thwarted, but accepted his defeat with tremendous grace & dignity.

kidgirlgy650001Entry to £10K WSOP Package
    swordsyboy
    02£3000FERGIE7803
    pokerbcity04
    DrMarbles05
    VGOOCH06
    cottlad07
    OOOOOOOOOO08
    iklejack09
    HAYSIE010
    jay1991011
    Jackpot88012
    LIAM5KING013
  • edited May 2010
    Well done Kidgirlgy, will be nice to see a woman representing sky poker.
    Good luck to all of you x
  • edited May 2010
    Well done Sue! Wp! especially the turn lead out with that flush...couldn't put you on it!..Ul and wp to Fergie and Swordsy too...so relentless from the small blind!

Anyway, good luck to all the winners in Vegas...hopefully will bump into you lot over there (off in 10 days!), if your lucky you can have a look at my new bracelet ;)
  • edited May 2010

I think Direwolf deserves the praise of all us sky poker players.....if £9000 had dropped into my account it would be a lot harder for me to cash it in for a trip to vegas than if i'd won a seat to Vegas without the cash option.

Good luck to all our guys in Vegas

Colin

• edited May 2010

Good Luck to all the Guys & Girls representing sky poker in Vegas hope you all have a great time, have a lot of fun  & win some cash
  • edited May 2010

Hi All,

Still on cloud 9, and it still hasn't sunk in - how can I be going to play in the main event? I'm just an enthusiastic amateur who's still learning. I'm in my second flush of youth, so I'm going out there to have a great time and will take it a day at a time.

Nervous? you bet, but I could never believe in my wildest dreams that I would ever sit down with the poker greats, or even an A list celeb, but Sky Poker has made that dream come true, where else could you get passed less than 100 great players and be on a plane to Vegas; It's mad, but bring it on!!

Thanks for all your good wishes, and sorry to the guys that didn't quite make it, and remember if a girl like me can do it - anyone can; keep believing.

One again thanks to all

and God don't let me wake up

Cheers

Sue
  • edited May 2010
    Wiiiiiiiii very well done Sue! Commiserations to the others, it was fantastic to rail too.

I'm sure that Sue and everyone going will have a tremendous time and I wish you all the very best of luck, live your dream peeps, soak it all up and enjoy!

I'm really looking forward to hearing all about it and it's fabulous to see some of you going that like me, will not see their erm 20's,30's or even 40's again :-D

Great stuff, love Shaz -xXx-

• edited June 2010
    Wiiiiiiiii very well done Sue! Commiserations to the others, it was fantastic to rail too. I'm sure that Sue and everyone going will have a tremendous time and I wish you all the very best of luck, live your dream peeps, soak it all up and enjoy! I'm really looking forward to hearing all about it and it's fabulous to see some of you going that like me, will not see their erm 20's,30's or even 40's again :-D Great stuff, love Shaz -xXx-
    Posted by SUPERNOVA

Thanks Shaz for your congrats.  Still can't believe I've done it.

Sue
  • edited June 2010
    Hi All,           Still on cloud 9, and it still hasn't sunk in - how can I be going to play in the main event? I'm just an enthusiastic amateur who's still learning. I'm in my second flush of youth, so I'm going out there to have a great time and will take it a day at a time.           Nervous? you bet, but I could never believe in my wildest dreams that I would ever sit down with the poker greats, or even an A list celeb, but Sky Poker has made that dream come true, where else could you get passed less than 100 great players and be on a plane to Vegas; It's mad, but bring it on!!         Thanks for all your good wishes, and sorry to the guys that didn't quite make it, and remember if a girl like me can do it - anyone can; keep believing. One again thanks to all and God don't let me wake up Cheers Sue
    Posted by kidgirlgy
    That is SUCH a lovely Post, Sue!

And I hope that when we get to Vegas, it pans out that you end up sharing Tables with some of the real giants of poker.

Whatever happens, we plan to enure you have an unforgettable time in Vegas with us.

Live the dream!

Attila will be in touch with you in the next day or two - flights & Hotels to be booked, Buy-In for the Biggie organised.....;)