You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

1000point MTT

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
1000 points to enter, max 50 players. 50k points for £100 this must be a joke.

Comments

• edited March 2010
    In Response to 1000point MTT:
    1000 points to enter, max 50 players. 50k points for £100 this must be a joke.
    Posted by freechips1
    meh. at least i can get rid of some.....
  • edited March 2010
    that would be .2 pence per point. How does that compare with other sites?
  • edited March 2010
    Hi Freechips,

Sky Bernie is currently conducting a few tests - timings, structures etc.

I wouldn't worry to much and ignore them if you wish, but if you choose to play in it then that's great.

all the best,

Rich
  • edited March 2010
    This might be a silly question, but I take it the points you would use to enter this tourney would come off your reserve points and not from what you have earned so far this month?
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 1000point MTT:
    This might be a silly question, but I take it the points you would use to enter this tourney would come off your reserve points and not from what you have earned so far this month?
    Posted by OMahonyO

well i have registered for it, and they havnt come off this months points mate......

(just another 15k to get rid of now lol)
  • edited March 2010
    i'm gonna give it a bash.
  • edited March 2010
    if you play mtt/stt you would of payed £100 in rake/fees to get 1000points, so if you pay £100 in rake you get a £2 seat. 2% is bad, real bad. i would advise people to use the 1000points in the cash for points promo thats £15 you get and not a £2 seat.
  • edited March 2010
    i'm gonna give it a bash.
    Posted by luvBWFC
    And then you are going to enter this tourney???
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 1000point MTT : And then you are going to enter this tourney???
    Posted by MAXALLY
    You sir, have a dirty mind!

;)
  • edited March 2010
    if you play mtt/stt you would of payed £100 in rake/fees to get 1000points, so if you pay £100 in rake you get a £2 seat. 2% is bad, real bad. i would advise people to use the 1000points in the cash for points promo thats £15 you get and not a £2 seat.
    Posted by freechips1

You cant can you?, you have to earn those in the month to get the £15.  I agree, it is qyuite poor value.  Im in 2 minds whether to play or not, just in case their other ideas in the near future have more value.
  • edited March 2010
    Posted by freechips1
    how can you exchange old unused points for cash? it is only current poker points this works with.......

edit**** mohoney beat me to it
  • edited March 2010
    any other offer must have more value, i want and will use up all my points when i get the chance but 2% is so bad i will skip this one. i would say 10% is a min requirement for me.
  • edited March 2010
    yes guys. the points for cash promotion takes into account the points your earn for the month so it won't matter if you spend/use some on a freeroll.
  • edited March 2010
    I think there are some good players in this, and i agree its poor value, but i feel players will go for this because excess points are useless. why do they not put a 'tournament exchange value' on the points, eg every 500 points = £5 tourny 'entry token'
  • edited March 2010
    because some people have 100k+ points
  • edited March 2010
    hahahahahaha bit of a laughable solution to the poker points, it feels like sky are trying to lose as little money as possible by us using these points therefor suggesting to us that they really are useless and we earned them for nothing
  • edited March 2010
    I think they should organise an event and just be honest about the situation

Say that they fu** up with the points but to compensate they will have a 1k tourny or something everyday for a week.

You play with points instead of money or tourny chips and the winner over the week gets the prize pool etc

Then they create a new reward system and get our input to help make it the best on the market ... For the players by the players

• edited March 2010
    I think they should organise an event and just be honest about the situation Say that they fu** up with the points but to compensate they will have a 1k tourny or something everyday for a week. You play with points instead of money or tourny chips and the winner over the week gets the prize pool etc Then they create a new reward system and get our input to help make it the best on the market ... For the players by the players
    Posted by RememberMe

good idea........but i would say that as i have hardly any points lol
  • edited March 2010
    I take it I'm not the only hoping that this ISN'T the "big" announcement about the points then?
  • edited March 2010
    19:40 pm 1,000 points, prize fund £100
    19:00 pm 100 points - prize 15 primo seats = £495 fund. even if 1000 players entered, its still double the value of the 1000 point tourney.
    IMO the minimum value of this tourney should be £250
  • edited March 2010
    If you look at other sites, say pkr as davey as mentioned them 15000 gets you a cap, 15000 here will get you in 15 of these tournys @ £2 a go, I know id rather be playing in these tournys.
  • edited March 2010
    i have no idea how sky is planning to get rid of the back log of points, i have been on sky less than a year and have 52k points. many players have been playing for 2 or 3 years as offshoot says many have +100k.

the first place in this mtt is £30 so if you win it you have reached 30% rakeback, most sites offer 30% RB but you dont have to win a 50 runner mtt to get it.

i cant understand why the players have registersd for this mtt, can you explain? your letting sky win on the points.  i would like to see all players hold on to your points and keep moaning, in the end sky will make a much beter offer than 2%.  
  • edited March 2010
    If you look at other sites, say pkr as davey as mentioned them 15000 gets you a cap, 15000 here will get you in 15 of these tournys @ £2 a go, I know id rather be playing in these tournys.
    Posted by 35suited
    im not sure how the PKR points system works but i bet you can earn points much faster than you can on sky and you get 30% RB from PKR.
  • edited March 2010
    Hi Freechips, Sky Bernie is currently conducting a few tests - timings, structures etc. I wouldn't worry to much and ignore them if you wish, but if you choose to play in it then that's great. all the best, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    rich it is good that a 12 min blind mtt has been put in place but 2% is bad.
    i dont mind if its 3min blind mtt or a all in every hand mtt but i want value for my points.
  • edited March 2010

We should get together and draw online short straws, so that with 1 minute, to go, 49 ppl de-register and it costs sky £100 for 1000 points instead of 50,000.

I may make a protest de-register anyway with 30 seconds to go.  That should rattle em lol

• edited March 2010
    lolz at this, just a complete joke.

10 points for £20 forum freeroll...
    1000 points for £100 freeroll...

that makes sense !!
  • edited March 2010
    We should get together and draw online short straws, so that with 1 minute, to go, 49 ppl de-register and it costs sky £100 for 1000 points instead of 50,000. I may make a protest de-register anyway with 30 seconds to go.  That should rattle em lol
    Posted by OMahonyO
    I bet you dont you big chicken - cluck, cluck, cluck lool, one thing to note though, the payout goes from 8 with 50 players to 5 with 49 players.
  • edited March 2010
    i did it but sum1 mustve been waiting as there is stil l50
  • edited March 2010
    I take it I'm not the only hoping that this ISN'T the "big" announcement about the points then?
    Posted by silentbob
    don't know about hoping, id go for PRAYING this isn't it. I had my fingers crossed for a merchandise store lol
  • edited March 2010
    Do the decent thing BERNIE  !!   RESIGN  .. Your useless at your job ! Or should I say,         "Mr Bean" ! 
    Posted by bennydip2

Drink some water Benny and then go to bed.
    Hopefully, you will have a grasp of reality when you wake tomorrow.