You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

1000point MTT

124»

Comments

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 1000point MTT:
    Totally off subject - just a congrats to freechips on the primo win! - Woke up at half 9 got the lobby up and saw u were at the top - so watched your table from 9-30 till the end - completely destroyed the field - was different class. I thought you had lost the plot at one point mate, the all in squeeze with what - 95 suited with an UTG limper? - I winced when I saw that! But dragged it back easily and smashed the final table to bits. Man against boys. WD sir. Now ill leave ya to your protest. DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    thanks for your support m8 but it wasnt me. lol
    the person who won it is freechips i am freechips1 although near 4k would of been nice, i think he should have to share it with me. lol
  • edited March 2010
    w/t/f are you joking ??????????

haha when I search for you on find a player Ive seen there were 2 freechips.......

Ive never seen that guy play anywhere before though - but hes got a frightening tourny game I wouldn't wanna sit with him when he has chips! 

It was you who won/was the chip leader throughout the £220 DS sat last night tho? - wd for that instead!
  • edited March 2010
    I've been thinking about this before posting my thoughts & I'm firmly with the majority here.

I do accept at least to an extent that Vince is right in what he said earlier in the thread, in that Sky have never actually ever said that the points would be worth anything as such, however every other site that I'm aware of offers extra things for points accrued. I sent Sky a nice long Email with my thoughts a while ago & never got any response.

I know things like the TKO promotions & such cost money & after all, like any other business Sky is here to make money. However, I for one would be happy to go without a few promotions in favour of something better. As I stated in my Email to them I very rarely even make 500 points in a month to earn even the lowest bonus. There are various reasons for this but the two biggest is firstly the stakes that I play at & also finding time to play enough games due to work & family commitments. If they want to run the cash for points promo then why not get people to opt in or out & offer other things for other people? I don't have the same level of points in my account as some people who play here but I still have enough that are sitting doing nothing.

If anyone's interested that haven't already seen it I've posted a copy of the Email I sent in the community suggestions area under the poker points thread. 
  • edited March 2010
    they should have sky poker merchandise you collect points and when you have enough buy somthing for the points or trade them in for money as all the other sites do not have a system what takes alot of effort to consider
    lets say if you got 200 in a month they would be pointless in having because you get no cash back at all
    or am i wrong
    there should be an easy managable system like all the other sites offer seems simple enough rather then
    sky checking oh you have 200 you get nothing you have 500 you get a fiver to every single player who has opted in to this promo
  • edited March 2010
    i think it has been made very clear that sky will not give us anything worth while to do with our hard earned points, the fact bernie has not been back to this thread is very disappointing. i have to agree with one thing pokertrev said, the extra points accumulated each month should have the same cash value as the other points used in the cash for points promotion. as i previously stated i have hit 20k points this month so no point in me playing as i get no reward from sky. i ask all other sky players can we do anything about this? or is it a case of like it or go play somewhere else?
    Posted by freechips1
    Dear Mr Freechips1.
    Please accept my appologies for insulting you in one of my earlier posts, however, I have seen several threads regarding this subject and felt that in my opinion, points accumulated prior to the cash for points promotion were not valid and therefore felt sky were under no obligation to offer anything for these points.

But as for the current cash for points promotion I believe yourself and other players do have a valid argument. I have given this some thought and read the current terms and conditions of the cash for points promotion over and over again and this is my conclusion/suggestion.

At Present
    If you earn 20,000 points you receive £750.00
    If you earn 2000 points you receive £30.00
    If you earn 22,000 points you only receive £750.00 with an accumulation of 2000 points. Therfore in my opinion you have not been rewarded for all your points.

Reading the current terms and condition it states that "All poker points earned in sessions which start after 00.00.00 on the 1st day of the month and end before 23.59.59 on the last day of the month qualify."

Therefore in my opinion your 20,000 points and your 2000 points qualify for cash for points promotion. In which case I believe players should earn £750.00 for 20,000 + £30.00 for the 2000 points.

The important thing to remember is that it states that "All Poker Points Qualify"and therefore I believe that all points earned should be paid for by the equivalent cash amount based on the current structure.

I am sure sky may disagree with this argument and tell me I am wrong, as may be the case, however, even if I am I am wrong and I have taken the terms and conditions out of context. I do believe that this may be an amicable solution.

Do you, sky and any of the other players/members believe that this would be a way forward and do you think it would be fair?

Once again apologies for my earlier post Freechips1.
  • edited March 2010
    thank you for your apologie pokertrev, their is many ways forward with this problem, the biggest problem is skypoker refusing to comment or do anything about it. i have seen hundreds of threads over the past few months all saying the same thing and every one has no comment from sky or 'its in the pipeline' or somewhere along those lines.
    skypokers reward scheem is 'you get points everytime you play a real money game' but whats the point in these points if you cant do anything with them.
    i agree with you that the cash for points system needs to change and every poker point you earn should be exchanged for cash, but will they listen? i doubt it.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 1000point MTT : Dear Mr Freechips1. Please accept my appologies for insulting you in one of my earlier posts, however, I have seen several threads regarding this subject and felt that in my opinion, points accumulated prior to the cash for points promotion were not valid and therefore felt sky were under no obligation to offer anything for these points. But as for the current cash for points promotion I believe yourself and other players do have a valid argument. I have given this some thought and read the current terms and conditions of the cash for points promotion over and over again and this is my conclusion/suggestion. At Present If you earn 20,000 points you receive £750.00 If you earn 2000 points you receive £30.00 If you earn 22,000 points you only receive £750.00 with an accumulation of 2000 points. Therfore in my opinion you have not been rewarded for all your points. Reading the current terms and condition it states that " All poker points earned in sessions which start after 00.00.00 on the 1st day of the month and end before 23.59.59 on the last day of the month qualify ." Therefore in my opinion your 20,000 points and your 2000 points qualify for cash for points promotion. In which case I believe players should earn £750.00 for 20,000 + £30.00 for the 2000 points. The important thing to remember is that it states that "All Poker Points Qualify" and therefore I believe that all points earned should be paid for by the equivalent cash amount based on the current structure. I am sure sky may disagree with this argument and tell me I am wrong, as may be the case, however, even if I am I am wrong and I have taken the terms and conditions out of context. I do believe that this may be an amicable solution. Do you, sky and any of the other players/members believe that this would be a way forward and do you think it would be fair? Once again apologies for my earlier post Freechips1.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Nice post Trev!
  • edited March 2010
    thank you for your apologie pokertrev, their is many ways forward with this problem, the biggest problem is skypoker refusing to comment or do anything about it. i have seen hundreds of threads over the past few months all saying the same thing and every one has no comment from sky or 'its in the pipeline' or somewhere along those lines. skypokers reward scheem is 'you get points everytime you play a real money game' but whats the point in these points if you cant do anything with them. i agree with you that the cash for points system needs to change and every poker point you earn should be exchanged for cash, but will they listen? i doubt it.
    Posted by freechips1
    well done to you both trev and freechips,

freechips you  are putting both great time and effort in to this campaign,

and you are going about it in a very patiently mannered way ,

bernie this guy freechips is setting a good example too all present and future posters ,

he deserves more of a response then you are giving,

i am aware you are in a bit of a pickle with these points ,

but give freechips and us other loyal players on skypoker a break,

respond and a proper solution please ,

kind regards a very loyal skypoker rover !

• edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 1000point MTT : well done to you both trev and freechips, freechips you  are putting both great time and effort in to this campaign, and you are going about it in a very patiently mannered way , bernie this guy freechips is setting a good example too all present and future posters , he deserves more of a response then you are giving, i am aware you are in a bit of a pickle with these points , but give freechips and us other loyal players on skypoker a break, respond and a proper solution please , kind regards a very loyal skypoker rover !
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    wow, you have made my day sir, i am so made up the time and effort i have put into this has been noticed.
    i am doing this for us, the sky poker players. ty irishrover.
  • edited March 2010

Does anyone understand how the cash for points work?...as its giving me a headache lol.

By the looks of it you get points for every 20 hands raked but does that count if you fold pre?
  • edited March 2010
    Does anyone understand how the cash for points work?...as its giving me a headache lol. By the looks of it you get points for every 20 hands raked but does that count if you fold pre?
    Posted by DeuceAK-47
    a raked hand is any hand that at least 1p in rake is taken if you fold pre i dont think you qualify. sky only take rake if you see a flop.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 1000point MTT : a raked hand is any hand that at least 1p in rake is taken if you fold pre i dont think you qualify. sky only take rake if you see a flop.
    Posted by freechips1
    Still seems a weird way of caculating points to me..

So you get the same amount of points if its a £200 pot or a £5 pot?

Do they use a flat rake system? (on some sites they round the rake to the nearest 0.50p so if 5% of the pot was £2.2 they would only rake £2,other sites just rake the full 5%)

Do you have any kind of estimate of how much rakeback  you get back as a percentage when you earn 20000 points?

sorry for all the q lol
  • edited March 2010
    it depends on the stakes ur playin, the higher the stakes the more points for every 20 raked hands, and the rake is caped at about £1.60 i think.
    with playing cash tables it is not possible to work out how much rake you have paid as some hands you pay 5p and others you pay full wack.
    i have tried to work it out but it is not possible, the closest you can get is if you work it out based on mtt/stt then it works out at 10% rakeback but thats only at the lower stages of the cash for points.
    there must be a reason why sky have made it impossible to work out, another thing that baffels me.
  • edited March 2010
    it depends on the stakes ur playin, the higher the stakes the more points for every 20 raked hands, and the rake is caped at about £1.60 i think. with playing cash tables it is not possible to work out how much rake you have paid as some hands you pay 5p and others you pay full wack. i have tried to work it out but it is not possible, the closest you can get is if you work it out based on mtt/stt then it works out at 10% rakeback but thats only at the lower stages of the cash for points. there must be a reason why sky have made it impossible to work out, another thing that baffels me.
    Posted by freechips1
    Thanks for the reply,I dont think it looks like a good deal for me as i generally play a loose tag style (26/18), so i play alot of big pots as people are always adjusting their 3bet/4bet range against me and i would receive less points than a loose passive player even though i would probably rake alot more.

It would be nice if we had a certain% rakeback paid back instead of this confusing cash for points offer but hopefully sky at least sort it out so u get paid for every one of your points earned.
  • edited March 2010
    they deleteted my post freechips... maybe they didnt like a few home truths.... keep it going! cheers jim
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 1000point MTT : Dear Mr Freechips1. Please accept my appologies for insulting you in one of my earlier posts, however, I have seen several threads regarding this subject and felt that in my opinion, points accumulated prior to the cash for points promotion were not valid and therefore felt sky were under no obligation to offer anything for these points. But as for the current cash for points promotion I believe yourself and other players do have a valid argument. I have given this some thought and read the current terms and conditions of the cash for points promotion over and over again and this is my conclusion/suggestion. At Present If you earn 20,000 points you receive £750.00 If you earn 2000 points you receive £30.00 If you earn 22,000 points you only receive £750.00 with an accumulation of 2000 points. Therfore in my opinion you have not been rewarded for all your points. Reading the current terms and condition it states that " All poker points earned in sessions which start after 00.00.00 on the 1st day of the month and end before 23.59.59 on the last day of the month qualify ." Therefore in my opinion your 20,000 points and your 2000 points qualify for cash for points promotion. In which case I believe players should earn £750.00 for 20,000 + £30.00 for the 2000 points. The important thing to remember is that it states that "All Poker Points Qualify" and therefore I believe that all points earned should be paid for by the equivalent cash amount based on the current structure. I am sure sky may disagree with this argument and tell me I am wrong, as may be the case, however, even if I am I am wrong and I have taken the terms and conditions out of context. I do believe that this may be an amicable solution. Do you, sky and any of the other players/members believe that this would be a way forward and do you think it would be fair? Once again apologies for my earlier post Freechips1.
    Posted by POKERTREV
    very good post well written and crystal clear,its as plain as the nose on your face,good work trev,we will see what feedback sky give you on this!